Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Echoes of Veilbreaker: Hotfix 32.1.2

[DE]Megan

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

All color channels are now visible in the Operator Attachments category when an Ephemera is equipped that requires more than 1 color channel. 

• This fixes only having 1 color option for Ephemeras that use more than just the Energy color channel for Operators (Eros Wings, Nyctalus, etc.). 

Lies this uses accentsWarframe0322.jpg

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
    • All players on platforms other than your own will have the generic icon

• A visual example of how PC players will see this: 4986519539238d56c10acdaadfb18d5e.png

• Fixed Cross Platform icons appearing too large for Xbox players. 

Looks very ugly and like it's 2012. I was sure the "person icon" was a bug, it's that appalling. 

And in regards to chat:

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

PC/Xbox Cross Platform Play Fixes: 

• Changed the way that respective platform icons appear for players in order to continue to comply with player identification requirements across platforms. The following are the new icon changes:

• Platform-specific icons only appear for players who are playing on the same platform

• Your platform-specific icon will appear beside your own name

• A visual example of how PC players will see this: 4986519539238d56c10acdaadfb18d5e.png

Were PC players bullying Xbox players or something? I cant think of another reason why console icons would be obscured from PC players.
An option to turn then off would be appreciated, as the Windows icon is honestly really hideous and the "people" icon just reminds me of that god awful Windows10/11 app.

7 hours ago, zaturalma2 said:

Crossplay option disabled keeps PC players from playing with other PC players who has crossplay enabled. This is not what crossplay means. Disabling it should only keep console players from showing up in recruit chat, but PC players are also hidden if they have it enabled, meaning that Warframe is now actively discriminating against PC players who do not wish to participate in crossplay. I really dont understand how is this not a top priority.

Another problem is voidsling. It is uncontrollable, laggy and yet SLOWER and SHORTER than voiddash. We need voiddash back!

Edit:

You guys just keep on giving... What does that sentence even mean? "comply with player identification requirements"??? I have had it!

• Can not disable crossplay cause then I cant find people in recruit chat because you did not implement it properly!
  • Can not disable the annoying platform indicators!
  • Now we are stuck with product placements in warframe!
  • Now every player has a fcking windows icon next to their name, except XBOX players, who, instead of the xbobx logo have a generis icon. Crossplay is only on xbox and pc, thank god you protect me from displaying my plaform, im sure that noone will ever figure out or how does that hurt my privacy.
  • Breaks immersion!

So i guess my question is: HOW TO GET RID OF THEM?

I want out of this whole fcking mess of a crossplay and YOU keep forcing it on me!

Seriously is that really a thing? if so that would explain the reason the other day when an invite kept failing when I couldn't join another friend on PC, unless I turned crossplay on. :facepalm: 

Will have to test this with another one of the mates that I know has it off and I'll invite him.

6 hours ago, CoffeeElemental said:

When the Profit Taker mission was released, were the hp bars for its legs visible? Cause now they aren't, and I'm pretty sure I've seen them there.

Yes they were there from the start and last time I did PT they were visible but that was a long time ago.

Can't wait to get back to seeing where I'm shooting my Kompressa, I eagerly await the fix, by the way the explosions are sweet to see again Steel Path enemies die like they did when the Kompressa first came out.

Disappointing, I liked the platform icons
wonder what the requirement is that means it's gotta be this way

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Changed the way that respective platform icons appear for players in order to continue to comply with player identification requirements across platforms. The following are the new icon changes:

• Platform-specific icons only appear for players who are playing on the same platform

1 hour ago, CandyManCriminal said:

wonder what the requirement is that means it's gotta be this way

I'm guessing "you can't show other consoles' logos on our console, we don't want people to know other consoles exist".

When I accelerated the manufacturing of the Helmnth module  It disappeared,The module was not obtained and there was no installation prompt。

Even if I bought a blueprint for the Hermans module again, I still can't make the Hermans model

This makes my game progress impossible

5 days, my request has not been answered

11 hours ago, Plat said:

either,
whoever registered the name first keeps it - other gets a free namechange (my preference)

or just #XB1 / #PS / #PC in front of name (i can live with this)

And #Switch..

If DE want to add numbers..there are only 4 platforms now...they can just add #1/#2/#3/#4 depending on register date....but having a weird number next to the name every time I check my profile...

And windows icon ingame and chat, really weird too. DE should only activate that when you have players from different platforms in your squad.

14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Platform-specific icons only appear for players who are playing on the same platform

This is such a pointless feature. Also if we are stuck with this then add in some damn spacing. Players are already going to assume any player is on their system unless otherwise stated.

Your platform-specific icon will appear beside your own name

Why? I must have missed when we had cross-save enabled and I'm playing on 4 different systems constantly forgetting what system I am using and somehow that is a problem?

All players on platforms other than your own will have the generic icon

Just show the other platforms or don't show it at all.

13 hours ago, Plat said:

either,
whoever registered the name first keeps it - other gets a free namechange (my preference)

or just #XB1 / #PS / #PC in front of name (i can live with this)

That doesn't make sense if you consider cross save. You would be Plat#PC right now, but if you decide to play on PS, you would still have to stay Plat#PC because a Plat#PS might already exist.

A name change isn't possible because they use PSN usernames/Xbox gamertags, they can't force you to change that (and it costs money after the first change on both platforms).

Can you please remove the platform logos behind the names again. At least for those who use the same as you, like before the last patch. Or at least make the logos of Windows different (for example only a frame), these white blobs are corrosive.

hace 8 horas, Virmare dijo:

and could not use colors for the platforms?

Xbox = green name

PS = blue name

Switch = red name

Android = ¿orange?

logically I'm not saying to put bright colors that leave you without eyes xD

Good idea, just the other time I was thinking about something similar, if they can't use the original logos, they could put a dot with color, I don't think they will have problems using colors.

4 minutes ago, MaxSaga said:

Good idea, just the other time I was thinking about something similar, if they can't use the logos because of copyright issues, they could put a dot with color, I don't think the colors are copyright xD

Fire engine red for PC.

An ideal and generic logo that could be used to identify users of other platforms, especially console users, is to use the logo of a joystick, for example the joystick that you see in the game options.

This logo:

yf7VSh5.png

I think with that same logo, they could use it as a replacement for the little person.

The little person, it feels very old (when mensseger was used) and it doesn't transmit anything, it doesn't give you the feeling of crossplay, it's as if they were humans and bots.

This could also be complemented, using this other great idea:

Finally it would be like a joystick with colors and each color obviously represents your platform, as mentioned in the idea of that user.

Also lastly, as mentioned before, go back to the way it was before, that users of your platform do not have a logo.

Thanks.

16 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We get that you are reluctant to be open and honest to us, but why lie like the devil in the patchnotes? (oh there are not PLATFORM SPECIFIC icons on people from OTHER platforms, but oh yeah now everyone is icon tagged anyway - exactly like noone who should be listened to asked for, but really the kind of definition twisting the deceiver likes to do)

Icons, of one type or another, are showing for everyone, all the time, regardless of platform. It is splitting hairs to get out of hell, to make the 'platform specific' distinction. Bottom line is every line of chat has at least one (from the poster) and frequently another from the @'ing that goes in Q&A.

They only disappear when disabling crossplay. Which btw has some mean drawbacks: seperate chat channels, unable to talk to those who have it on despite being same platform. No doubt it also messes up matchmaking.

How did this hare-brained notion even get approved? Why would anyone want to see any icons, particularly platform specific ones, for those on the same platform? It should always be the default assumption that no mark means same (full interaction) platform. Why complicate it? Why add visual pollution?
Why it is placed a the end, the most in-the-way place, instead of the front? The end is where the player name ends. Nothing should follow that, except what they are saying.
Have you even made sure the width of those icons are the same? So it will not mess up vertical alignment if placed at the front.

Why didn't you go full out with the idea and go straight to a system of two plaform-agnostic icons? 1 (or none) for same platform, another for 'not same' platform.
Green guy = one of yours, full range of interaction (trading, clan, gifting). Orangy-yellow ("afk color") for people on other platforms that have limited interaction (only crossplay).
(and the secret third icon: Red. For those with tradebans or no further daily trades remaining. Only to be displayed in party / clan / alliance / trade)

But really, talk about hating your playerbase.
Log in saturday morning, wanting to check in on Baro and NW objectives. Flood of superfluous icons. Not even aligned or in a layout column of their own. Head begins to throb with anger.

Archived