Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Echoes of Veilbreaker: Hotfix 32.1.2

[DE]Megan

17 hours ago, ArcticHelix said:

Sadly yes. DE is too small to pay them to shut up about it while Activision can do so without much pushback.

Activision-blizzard is about to enter microsoft, so MS lets them. COD franchise is so big it has become a issue for the merger that MS must not lock out Sony (playstation) and others from having that on their platforms. Compared to MS itself though, it is activision that will be on the receiving end of any :itchslapping if there is any, they've already agreed to be bought, there will be no walking away just like Musk could not get out of having to buy twitter because of a bit of stupid bigtalking.
EA is also hairs away from begin eaten whole (and shat out).

17 hours ago, Plat said:

either,
whoever registered the name first keeps it - other gets a free namechange (my preference)

or just #XB1 / #PS / #PC in front of name (i can live with this)

I can assure you you will regret getting that cup of tea. Xbox (and PSN) networks have had users talking names long before warframe was a thing. Only a few percent, if any, will be unique enough or game-specific enough to not get clobbered by a 'seniority' rule.
They're also the ones having a (mostly hidden) numeric attached to their name, inflating the number we see next to ours. Blizzard does the same on Battle.net (warcraft, overwatch).

18 hours ago, Hatred said:

Some day I will stop playing this game.
Can we please get rid of the # after the name on the profiles? I dont wanna be a convenience store (Hatred#711). :(

Edit:: Now I am a convenience store and a PC user.
image.png

Yep. Names on PC warframe had to be unique at creation (or rename).

17 hours ago, Dzecar said:

Why would i want windows icon next to EVERY other PC player? What is the point of this? There are no "identification requirements" on Windows

Yep. Names on PC warframe had to be unique at creation (or rename). I put effort into getting this one, instead of making up some junk with numbers in it and was surprised it was not taken. Now it is just <name>#nnnn<platformicon>.

17 hours ago, KanariaFolf said:

FYI, and for everyone else complaining about the numbers and platform icons, those go away if you turn off cross platform play. Just discovered this, hope it's helpful ^-^

Not helpful. Puts you in a separate 'no crossplay' pool, not matchmaking with anyone who has it on. Also puts you in separate instances of the chat channels.
Which is really bad at the moment since very few have it off. That might change if they keep this eyesore.

Il y a 14 heures, Virmare a dit :

and could not use colors for the platforms?

Xbox = green name

PS = blue name

Switch = red name

Android = ¿orange?

logically I'm not saying to put bright colors that leave you without eyes xD

i agree with you :O i didn't think of that. lol

don't forget :

PC = yellow.

21 hours ago, --N-- said:

It's intentional: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1326172-disable-crossplatform-kills-recruitment-channel/#comment-12633615

If you disable crossplay, that means you don't want to play with players on other platforms. But if you play with players on your platform who did not disable crossplay and do want to play with players on other platforms, there's a conflict: whose crossplay preference should be respected?

There is no conflict, suppose you are a PC player: crossplay enabled does not mean that you are not willing to play with other PC players. It means you are ok with playing with console players. If I a PC player do not want to play with console players I should not be put into parties with console players and if anyone in a party has it disabled that party should not be joined by console players. It is quite simple and easy to program, and I think that everyone can agree that filtering out other PC players because you dont wanna play with console players is idiotic at best.

44 minutes ago, zaturalma2 said:

There is no conflict, suppose you are a PC player: crossplay enabled does not mean that you are not willing to play with other PC players. It means you are ok with playing with console players. If I a PC player do not want to play with console players I should not be put into parties with console players and if anyone in a party has it disabled that party should not be joined by console players. It is quite simple and easy to program, and I think that everyone can agree that filtering out other PC players because you dont wanna play with console players is idiotic at best.

Let's assume that disabling crossplay doesn't separate you from players who have it enabled. I have crossplay enabled. I send a message to recruiting chat that I want to host some mission. You ask for an invite. So does an Xbox player. I invite you both. You, a player who has crossplay disabled, are now forced to play with an Xbox player.

The same logic applies to matchmaking: I start a mission, you join me. But since I have crossplay enabled, an Xbox player joins as well. You, a player who has crossplay disabled, are now forced to play with an Xbox player. The alternative you're suggesting in this case is that your preference to not play with Xbox players should override my preference to play Xbox players. Why should your preference win?

8 hours ago, zaturalma2 said:

So, this one gets me.  I don't disagree with your sentiment.  That said, if you look at all the changes going down you should really be able to see where this is no longer the case.

Let me try to elaborate.  I sign on.  I get my name, a player number, and a platform tag.  Matchmaking is simple, I have PC so I should be able to connect to any PC player...unless that is their match making is incredibly simplistic.  It cannot understand and interpret rules, it simply segregates you into one of 3 groups.  The platform specific MS, the platform specific PC, or crossplay.  It's almost like their matchmaking is literally incapable of non-simple rules, and thus simply matches on a list of players in a pool on the server....

Joking aside, we got echoes of Veilbreaker.  It introduced more garbage to earn...because spending 2 weeks of credits on a ship which gives us bad AI companions and 2 ephemeras is somehow a reward...

I took the last two weeks off playing the game...and I'm considering more.  This week I banged out the forma alerts...the 18-21st is a double affinity weekend...then DE is next to deliver a stripped down version of what they promised at Tennocon before the 2-3 week hiatus at the end of the year.  We've got the wolf frame people have asked for, literally for years, and a prime to look forward to.  Sorry, but if this is the new DE I'm done.  The little bit of optimism I had for updates to be better is gone....because Kahl of duty shows that new DE and 343 industries have a lot in common. 

How can I say that?  Remember, 343 gave us a Halo game where the Masterchief was not the main character, but was a playable character.  They're the company that blames everything on outside forces, while refusing to do anything to fix anything.  Nothing quite like the coof, or "outsourced development" to explain your failures.  They're the people who have pushed back releases and content for multiple quarters, then acted as though finally releasing something was fine.  Never mind it was something that was less than promised, using demonstrated assets from 6 months or more prior.  It's really hard for me to see a difference, other than MS is driving 343. 

Both companies are taking a once beloved thing and managing to misunderstand the audience, produce an inferior product, and drive away what was once a license to print money.  If you'd like me to relate all of this back to my current release...because someone might misinterpret this as a side note:

1) Picking up syndicate medallions now has a huge banner along the top of the screen with a name...wow.  That's transparently dopamine rewarding mobile garbage.

2) Kahl missions still reward you so little stock...but you're immediately quick to point out in the tool tips the rewards are available on the market.  WTF?

3) We just finished a huge write-off for DE with regards to a charity.  Cool.  The "rewards" you give away are intangible, but I'm 100% sure they're a tax write-off.  Wonder how much, and why you choose a specific charity goal?  I'd bet, like most companies, it's to get the required tax write-off.  Not criticism, just want to make sure that everyone understands the corporate world is not flowers and sunshine.

4) Wrapping up the short list, the shards are still a gatcha mechanic.  20% chance of a tau forged, once a week, and you can spend 90/105 credits to get a second....  You have 50 frames...so need 250 just to equip everything.  At a 20% drop rate you'll need 1250 to get everyone a tau forged shard, which would require an average of 625 weeks, or 12 years and change....assuming you get the tau forged you want.  You know...this is still an insult to players.  It either means you focus on the 3-5 meta frames, or you just don't engage with the garbage.  This is not 343 level greed, it's FIFA level greed.

If it isn't clear, everything after "joking aside" is not about the original comment.  It's a separate topic.  I think that based upon the half hearted matchmaking we're seeing a DE that has released another string of lackluster updates, waited until the end of the year to kick the one "large" annual update into some time in 2023, and instead introduced garbage RNG in the form of free to play shards that do screw with progression into a game.  One that built itself on "Free to play done right."  I'm...just not there anymore.  Please DE, if somebody there still gives enough of a crap to read feedback, stop.

If not, well there's plenty of other stuff.  Terraria is amazing, as old as Warframe, and supports mods.  There are about a million games from the last two years that aren't disappearing into the nickel and dime black hole.  If I don't find myself sated there I can pay less than Prime Access per quarter and get MS's own monthly gaming service.  You're not competing in a vacuum.  No matter how amazing the movement, how fun the powers, and how much dopamine comes with rewards you aren't the best at anything anymore...and making your game demand constant spending or near Black Desert Online levels of capped progression and grind is a bad look.

2 hours ago, PacoSakima said:

sprag just disappeared after you pull her mask out, and mission still think you havent pulled the mask off, tried 2 times, same thing, when is this gonna get fixed? or wont be fixed so DE can just roll it over after reset ... so sad. 

She is not an optional objective this week, so there is no reason to fight her. It's not going to get fixed on a Sunday.

On 2022-11-04 at 9:11 PM, BionicFreak said:

Why remove the Xbox icon? What "privacy guidelines" prevent you from showing the platform a person in playing on?

Every other game out there that has Cross-play shows what platform each person is on. Your excuse sounds like nonsense to me.

My only guess that their "excuse" is that cuz you are able to find out what platform they play on (exp: Xbox) due to the issue of the possibly of  getting a lot of derogatory remarks from one another. If you've seen the topic how Xbox/PC players crossplay went, you'll see.

To be honest, I'd perf this way as I don't need to see random icons next to peoples name just so I can think "Oh, this is a Xbone player, let's see if he is the host" etc. I have turned off Corssplay myself, due to the fact that WF still has peer to peer and most consoles players have really bad connection. (Not mean to upset anyone here, just my experience)   

10 hours ago, --N-- said:

Why should your preference win?

I don't think it's a matter of who's ego wins here my friend. It's a matter of personal choice and it's rather simple to inject into the game. If you have crossplay disabled then you are unable to join anyone from another platform regardless if they are in team of their own platforms or as you said one XBone with PC players. It'll just stop you from joining said team altogether. 

Now the only small issue I see with this are the two following: How much will this reduce your chance of getting a team together and what about friends of friends? What I mean by this is that if say you are on my clan list (or friends list) and I join you with crossplay disabled, will it kick me from the team or will it prevent you from inviting Jimmy, who plays xbone. 

Alas what I think is More ideally: It'll kick me from the team, as I have Corssplay disabled and it'll say something like "You have crossplay disabled, Cannot join player". Rather then forcing you to NOT pick a xbox player.

Edit: As far as I can recall, Destiny 2 has something similar to this (I think). While Corssplay not matters in that game, as it's not Peer to Peer, if you have someone blocked, it'll prevent that player (and you) from ever joining them (regardless of who is in your team). However I don't think this works if I join a blocked person that my clanmate (or pal) hasn't blocked.

On 2022-11-04 at 10:34 PM, [DE]Megan said:

You don't need to do anything with the symbol when inviting someone.

If I invite you on PC, it's /invite .Khaos.

That's not what the issue is. The issue in question was having ONLY the icon, and no # string behind the name in the case of duplicate names, as a few others were discussing.

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I don't think it's a matter of who's ego wins here my friend. It's a matter of personal choice and it's rather simple to inject into the game.

The person I was replying to said that their personal choice of not playing with Xbox players should override everyone else's personal choice if they join a squad. I disagree with that.

It's only simple if you accept that player who disable crossplay will be separated from players who don't in recruiting chat and matchmaking. Otherwise you will sometimes have to ignore people's preferences.

2 hours ago, --N-- said:

The person I was replying to said that their personal choice of not playing with Xbox players should override everyone else's personal choice if they join a squad. I disagree with that.

Yes in such that, this is just whos ego is bigger, he doesn't want to play with xbones so he not has to. If  you think it's "bad and mean" for him to have his personal choice then that's a YOU problem.  we can go back and forward on this if you really want to.

2 hours ago, --N-- said:

It's only simple if you accept that player who disable crossplay will be separated from players who don't in recruiting chat and matchmaking.

Like I said in my own post: If you have crossplay disabled then you are unable to join anyone from another platform regardless if they are in team of their own platforms or not. The player who turned Corssplay off  will be kicked from the team a nd it'll say something like "You have crossplay disabled, Cannot join player".

This way, everyone can enjoy their own experiences without comprise. But in the end of the Day. DE will likely force this on everyone once the testing is done, cuz "lets hold hands"  

On 2022-11-04 at 1:55 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Changed the way that respective platform icons appear for players in order to continue to comply with player identification requirements across platforms. The following are the new icon changes:

• Platform-specific icons only appear for players who are playing on the same platform

• Your platform-specific icon will appear beside your own name

• All players on platforms other than your own will have the generic icon

• A visual example of how PC players will see this: 4986519539238d56c10acdaadfb18d5e.png

Ewww. This is absolutely hideous. Why did platform-specific icons have to go away and these ugly as heck generic icons take their place? Bring back the iconography that existed when the crossplay beta originally launched.

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yes in such that, this is just whos ego is bigger, he doesn't want to play with xbones so he not has to. If  you think it's "bad and mean" for him to have his personal choice then that's a YOU problem.  we can go back and forward on this if you really want to.

No, you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. It's fine if you don't want to play with Xbox players. What people are complaining about is that disabling crossplay separates them from players who have it enabled, but that is required so that everyone can have their own personal choice.

10 minutes ago, --N-- said:

No, you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. It's fine if you don't want to play with Xbox players. What people are complaining about is that disabling crossplay separates them from players who have it enabled, but that is required so that everyone can have their own personal choice.

Oh..

(Yeah my bad)

Well, that's kinda the point lol, if you have it disabled then live with your choice, right? 🤷‍♂️. I rather have it were I can't connect to anyone if they have Crossplay enabled.

22 hours ago, --N-- said:

Let's assume that disabling crossplay doesn't separate you from players who have it enabled. I have crossplay enabled. I send a message to recruiting chat that I want to host some mission. You ask for an invite. So does an Xbox player. I invite you both. You, a player who has crossplay disabled, are now forced to play with an Xbox player.

The same logic applies to matchmaking: I start a mission, you join me. But since I have crossplay enabled, an Xbox player joins as well. You, a player who has crossplay disabled, are now forced to play with an Xbox player. The alternative you're suggesting in this case is that your preference to not play with Xbox players should override my preference to play Xbox players. Why should your preference win?

Because if you enable crossplay you are not actively selecting that you are only willing to play with console players nor does it mean that you are not willing to play with PC players who do not wanna play with console players. You can be matched with a bigger set of player, I can only be matched with PC players. If you already have console player in your party I should not be able to join. If you do not have console player in your party then I should be able to join and no console player will be able after me. 

To the scenario you described I would say though luck, I can sck it up and still join (could be notified or whatever) OR (and this would be an acceptable solution) you dont show up in recruit chat for me ONLY if you already have a console player in the party (likewise, if Im in your party and I dont want console players our msgs should not be visible to them).

The current implementation is discrimantory and absolutley ludicrous, as no PC player should be filtered out for me by disabling crossplay just because they are also ok with playing with console players.

Archived