The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

GRENDEL MAINS REJOICE

_4shes

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

wooo-yeah-baby.gif

I'll take this Grendel that can utilize all of his abilities over the mindless stupidly energy hungry one trick pony nuke that requires a maxed out energize to function we have now. 

NGL He looks funner than the new frame IMO. I've been waiting for my boy to be in the spotlight for ages. He's finally a real tank. 

Im more worried that glutony frame gets to eat only 5 enemies, and end up have less armor from that each time it got somethign new... from average 2k armor to 1.25k is a bit of a downgrade. Meanwhile certain frames still clears few tilesets ahead of you.

But overall more interested how the augments gonna work, since gourmand for 5 enemies , or nourish with 5 enemies... well gonna be interesting.

The funny thing is that his play rate is still going to be in the gutter since he takes more than one button press to do anything. Plus we'll probably start seeing complaints about people unable to eat five enemies just like we've had Nidus players complaining about getting stacks.

17 minutes ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

Kind of regret feeding him to helminth, but I ain't doing those grendel missions again neither. I'll just wait until prime. I don't think I would play with him that much even after these changes.

The Grendel missions aren't that bad if you have someone to suffer with.

A friend and I did them again for helminth food a while back and we took nidus and hildryn. Went all health and all shield frames. Since augments still work I went blazing pillage and nidus went larva burst. I could generate orbs for the nidus to cast and I had shields. It was pretty easy with that set up.

Changes look great but the puny 5 enemy voreframe nerf hurts.

Most fun I had in this game and the reason I fell in love with Grendel was sucking up entire rooms of enemies at a time and then barfing them out. But they've been slowly nerfing him anyway over the years, first by making it so sentients just slip out of his colon magically, then the eximus CC immunity and now just 5 snacks at a time. Seems his entire theme of eating stuff just didn't work for Warframe and they've been slowly backing him away from that until his unique feature is more like a minor gimmick.

3 hours ago, _4shes said:

Stairs no longer hold us back. I'd like to see Inaros players climb stairs (impossible)

3 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

Never trusted stairs, they're always upto something

Even normal frames can get stuck on stairs. Grendel is going to be better than other frames. :D

4 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Changes look great but the puny 5 enemy voreframe nerf hurts.

Most fun I had in this game and the reason I fell in love with Grendel was sucking up entire rooms of enemies at a time and then barfing them out. But they've been slowly nerfing him anyway over the years, first by making it so sentients just slip out of his colon magically, then the eximus CC immunity and now just 5 snacks at a time. Seems his entire theme of eating stuff just didn't work for Warframe and they've been slowly backing him away from that until his unique feature is more like a minor gimmick.

It may be nerf but now his whole kit works together. That's nice.

7 hours ago, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

Im more worried that glutony frame gets to eat only 5 enemies, and end up have less armor from that each time it got somethign new... from average 2k armor to 1.25k is a bit of a downgrade. Meanwhile certain frames still clears few tilesets ahead of you.

But overall more interested how the augments gonna work, since gourmand for 5 enemies , or nourish with 5 enemies... well gonna be interesting.

I agree, I miss the ability to clear rooms by pressing 1. It just gave him that extra bit of uniqueness and power.

I was initially pretty hyped for his rework, but by the end of yesterday I came to realize I don't care how powerful he is. If I did, I wouldn't have been a Grendel main since he released. What I played him for was his unique playstyle. That's completely gone now. Eating everything was the entire point. Plenty of frames do this in different ways, Yareli will now have a 15m range moddable pull ability that can basically vortex the entire map with no limit on capacity. 

I see a lot of people rejoicing that Grendel can't shut down all the spawns. Except, he never did that. Feasted enemies respawn immediately. 

All in all it seems that my favorite frame received the biggest nerf to an ability that I know of and was redesigned largely to accommodate people who do not play him and never have.

Just a little sad that i cant just slurp an entire wave of defense enemies ,

But my god he looks like a power house now ,

No energy drain ? Bye bye energize or fleeting expertise , 

Innate healing on meat ball? Yes please , 

Viral procs on damaged ? Hell yeah , 

Armor strip in an area with toxin procs ? Stop i can't

Feast while pulverizing ? It's too much ,

Can roll up stairs ? *Froths at mouth*

So I had a thought. What if I infused over Grendal's one? It breaks his kit, but I don't actually care about his kit now. I'll even pair it with my stug. I can then continue "doing it wrong" and I expect that will be vastly more enjoyable than pretending I'm a frame that is the "consumer of worlds and everything else."

counter argument Grendel mains Revolt.

the new Grendel rework no one asked for will gimp Grendel's ability to eat enemies make his meat ball redundant, make not worthwhile buffs to his 2 and make his spit his new ult and make its damage trash.

literally no one asked for this and now Grendel is getting nerfed into the ground because nuke frame mains complained too much.

boycott this terrible rework we don't want it.

9 minutes ago, Draconis_36 said:

the new Grendel rework no one asked for will gimp Grendel's ability to eat enemies make his meat ball redundant, make not worthwhile buffs to his 2 and make his spit his new ult and make its damage trash.

literally no one asked for this and now Grendel is getting nerfed into the ground because nuke frame mains complained too much.

He has 10 viral procs just in case nobody brought their panzers, somehow!

He can strip armor...oh right he could already do that WHILE CCing the planet. Or kill them if he didn't feel like waiting. Meatball forever? Could already be built for. You can go into it now with no enemies, but the damage and range will be utter garbage. It has a heal, but Grendel is already a frame you build to have healing from other sources.

His energy buff is nice, but we didn't need it because Gourmand already solved that problem.

I infused over feast. Worthless ability now along with his entire redundant kit. I am better off building for more defenses and just mowing them down with weapons.

My STUG is outputting more damage than Nu Grendel!

12 minutes ago, Draconis_36 said:

I think you watched the wrong video from the Devstream.

The CC eating reduction is quite understandable, since in effect it insta killed whatever you grabbed. And uhm "not worthwhile buffs"? 10 free stacks of viral in a radius around him when hit, in addition to innate viral on the weapon, meaning you can go all out corrosive+heat, gas or something else that will completely wreck in combination with his new #4 that strips armor and applies Toxin aswell. And his ball will work practically the same.

There is no faction that he wont be a hard counter too given the new options. And slap on the very easy to achieve max armor from his passive with the new 5 mob eating cap and he'll practically be the tankiest frame in the game. And if you really wanna push him to insane points you can replace his ball for either Roar or augmented Smite. The fat troll will be insane.

I suppose the way people think of the rework comes down to how you play the frame: personally I always played either "Meatball Mayhem" with his 4 or "Big Boi Buffer" where I just focused on upkeeping his Nourish buffs, both of which are playstyles that will be much easier with him post-rework since he won't be nearly as energy-hungry (lol) and Nourish's buffs will all be merged.

but then there's "All-You-Can-Eat" Grendel, and I guess DE decided that wasn't a valid playstyle anymore.. I'll miss it, but at least now we can properly welcome Grendel in squads and take him seriously now. plus I've gotten more keen on playing him since he got the Nian skin, so he's not an ugly frame for me anymore either.

Archived