Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Literally 10 hotfixes later and 4 attempts at running "duviri experience" in a row end in game breaking bugs.

I'm still sitting at one(1) bugged run since the update launched. Was a shrine mission and one of the parts never dropped after an enemy fell off the map. And ain't had any issues in my Duviri runs today.

28 minutes ago, trst said:

I'm still sitting at one(1) bugged run since the update launched. Was a shrine mission and one of the parts never dropped after an enemy fell off the map. And ain't had any issues in my Duviri runs today.

I relaunched the game completely and then it was mostly stable.

Ive had my share of bugs but i havent had any progress ending bugs in like a week or two so i thought it odd all of a sudden i run into so many broken runs in a row.

42 minutes ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I relaunched the game completely and then it was mostly stable.

Ive had my share of bugs but i havent had any progress ending bugs in like a week or two so i thought it odd all of a sudden i run into so many broken runs in a row.

Technically, some hotfixes did what they required to, some not. And with 10 hotfixes you running into previously seen but fixed bugs - experiencing what developers call a regression.

Major causes of this could be:

1. Lack of time to test releases and/or enough of QA people.
  2. Legacy code (network, mission initialization, object spawns on map) which is hard to maintain, not talkin about of adding whole new layer of never-seen-before mechanics of Duviri.
  3. Minor-to-none acceptance criterias for code merges of releases.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

>unopenable hidden chests 3 times.

>followed by excavators not spawning at all.

It hasnt been this bad since it launched. Is it suddenly broken for anyone else today or just me.

Eh, just let it go. Couple weeks after launch and I already ignored duviri so much that Im enjoying playing Warframe again. And guess what, it even made me enjoy Zariman. Maybe thats the purpose of Duviri, to make you appreciate what you had until this point.

I can confirm. I tried running public Duviri experience since yesterday and around 2/3 of them are absolutely miserable.

My very first run was when I loaded in a game where a shrine was already broken. And since then I encountered more bugs than throughout the previous year I'm pretty sure. The excavator refusing to spawn, a survival with no enemies, chests which don't open, being completely unable to do anything but move, etc.

Public Duviri's got to be the buggiest piece of content Warframe ever had.

2 hours ago, BeergeekTV said:

Come join the resistance, we have cookies :D

we've been crying since Railjack released, This game need servers, DE is still pushing the boundaries with new Ideas for content but, they rarely address backend issues, things like host migration are such a party popper that literally send away new players back to where they came from, and it sucks for DE not for us who choose to accept the imperfections of the game. 

It's been very smooth playing solo even when the update launched, for public I haven't had any issues anymore besides a bit of lag depending on the host but that's not really because of Duviri itself, also playing on the Series X.

The issues you described seems like there was a host migration that caused those bugs

I've done at least two solo Duviri Experience runs every day since the update launched. Of them there have been only two cases where a bug prevented me from completing an objective (and since one of them was an anecdote it fortunately didn't stop me from clearing the run).

Granted, I did get the waypoint vanishing bug a few times in the early days, but that never slowed me down too much.

Havent had any issues since the patch where they fixed round 3-4 transition issues aswell as the patch that fixed Duviri bounty waypoints (might have been the same patch). After that I've ran into one hidden chest stuck underground but still possible to interact with. Yesterday I thought I ran into a progress stopper, a self made one since I ate some shrine mobs with Grendel and they were still inside him (kinky meatball) when he left. However when they eventually died in his alternate reality belly the last part magically spawned where Grendel had been standing.

I play solo Duviri/Circuit only. Heck I play solo 99.99% of the time because I just cannot be bothered with possible host migration issues or a bad host. I practically go public when doing step 2 of the archon hunt and mostly if it is interception just to move things along quicker. And even there if I notice it is a bad host I leave instantly.

had the excavation glitch a few times, but that was several patches ago, since then I've run many Spirals and not had any issues, aside form a few visual glitches and one time where the grappling mechanic for the Orowyrm fight didn't work.

it has been 10 hotfixes though, there shouldn't be nearly as many issues now.

1 minute ago, ant99999 said:

That's some prime Eternalism content right here.

Yep. And I'm glad eternalism kicked in right there cos it was step 6/6. Grendel took his time to nibble on them though since I had time to go wipe out a Dax patrol and heal a cat-thing aswell and find his litterbox.

20 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

"but I haven't had any bugs"

This is why I distanced myself from the game. I'm not posting much lately. I'm into other games and businesses. it's pointless to argue, critique and even recommend ideas. All falls on deaf ears. Best route of action is to leave the game for awhile and play other stuff. Put your money and your time elsewhere. Wait six months or more until things gets sorted out. 

8 hours ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

It hasnt been this bad since it launched. Is it suddenly broken for anyone else today or just me.

I've had the rabbit spawing inside pillar so unable to get orvius to progress bounty 

8 hours ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Was this pub play or solo?

New gen XBOX or old?

Details

Just now, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Does it matter?

Yes, greatly. 

I, for example, have not experienced bugs yet. However, I've only played in pub twice and the host had a great connection from her side. We are all on PS5 and playing the PS5 version of the game, except for one buddy who is still on PS4. He loads in slower, gets his rewards slower and loads out slower.

Playing in pub with a host with a bad connection is not 100% fixable but individual areas, connections, pinging setups, systems, pub trolling and those seeking bugs all play a role. So, details are important.

20 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Yes, greatly. 

I, for example, have not experienced bugs yet. However, I've only played in pub twice and the host had a great connection from her side. We are all on PS5 and playing the PS5 version of the game, except for one buddy who is still on PS4. He loads in slower, gets his rewards slower and loads out slower.

Playing in pub with a host with a bad connection is not 100% fixable but individual areas, connections, pinging setups, systems, pub trolling and those seeking bugs all play a role. So, details are important.

Even if the bugs affect 10% of players (which is a grossly conservative estimate) that's still not acceptable nor does platform matter.  The connection issues are still not the players fault, to an extent, because many games have systems in place which do not allow for the problems this game has. 

Archived