Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's everyone's favorite Incarnon weapon so far?

(PSN)Unstar

Now that we've seen all 6 weeks, what's your favorite weapon of the batch?  And what weapon are you still looking forward to trying out when it comes back around?

Personally, I've fallen in love with the Torid:

• My aim isn't that great and it only requires body shots to build Incarnon gauge.
  • The Incarnon laser melts groups super fast.
  • Incarnon transformation skin contrasts with the weapon in a visually pleasing way.
  • The normal toxin clouds are surprisingly effective too!?

As for weapons I'm looking forward to, I'm hoping to try out the Kunai which was my first secondary, as well as the Braton Prime which I've never built before.

I'm curious to hear about what weapons you're enjoying!

• Like 2

Torid was surprisingly good and I'm glad I grabbed that one.

Honestly though I think one of my favorites is the Furis.  Shockingly effective and actually makes even the non-incarnon form something useful.
I'm kinda just happy to be able to say "Yeah I use furis in steel path...." without meaning that I'm horribly gimping myself.

As for what is coming back around next week I'm looking forward to the Braton and Kunai as well.  Heard good things about them.
Also heard good things about the Furax.

• Like 1

For raw power the Torid - this thing just kills everything at any level, and really far away too.

For utility the Furis - damage is still good and it heals like crazy, also gives you extra energy with the Exilus mod.

For style/fun it's the Latron - bouncing plasma? Armor stripping? Skillshots? Sign me up.

What I'm looking forward to (if DE ever manages to fix the bugged rotation) is the Lex - the new, uncontested, most powerful secondary.

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 1

I'm loving the Miter the most by far, in terms of mechanics.  Behind that... Boltor probably.  Maybe Lex.

Honorary mention to Strun.  I don't like its Incarnon mode much--not because it isn't powerful--but I'm really enjoying the damage and reload speed in regular mode.  So nice to have a really good Strun again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

What I'm looking forward to (if DE ever manages to fix the bugged rotation) is the Lex - the new, uncontested, most powerful secondary.

You think it's better than Laetum?  I have trouble seeing that, although it is quite amazing.

(I don't know anything about Endurance, but FWIW Aznvasions rated Lex lower than Catchmoon for ultra high level stuff due to the lack of multiplicative GunCO.)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

You think it's better than Laetum?  I have trouble seeing that, although it is quite amazing.

(I don't know anything about Endurance, but FWIW Aznvasions rated Lex lower than Catchmoon for ultra high level stuff due to the lack of multiplicative GunCO.)

It's vastly superior to the Laetum - 70% chance to proc slash versus 0% chance. Huge AoE versus small explosions.

Catchmoon has bugged scaling with Galvanized Shot, other than that the Lex is much, much stronger in all areas. In other words, if you want to oneshot Demolysts procced up with 10+ status effects... well in that case either will do just fine. Otherwise Lex >>>> Catchmoon.

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

For utility the Furis - damage is still good and it heals like crazy, also gives you extra energy with the Exilus mod.

But wasn't that mod supposed not to work with AoE weapons?

I really don't know which is my favorite. They are all really fun and insanely strong. 

Fun: Latron

Power: Strun

Best of both worlds: Burston

In the end these are all super strong and I have a hard time deciding on which to use (Of all incarnons I have done, not just listed.)

All the incarnons I have aquired:

BOLTOR

BRATON

BURSTON

DESPAIR

DREAD

DUAL TOXOCYST

STRUN

HATE

LATRON

LEX

SOMA

TORID

SKANA (not installed yet)

ZYLOK (Not installed yet)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cerenax said:

But wasn't that mod supposed not to work with AoE weapons?

Yeah, but the Furis isn't AoE. In any case, the mod does work on the beam, and quite fabulously so - it's like a big vacuum cleaner for energy orbs (+110% extra).

• Like 1

I actually really like the Magistar right now! It's really niche IMHO but it just feels really nice to use. I like really big hammers and maces.

Quite enjoyable to spam healing pulses a little faster too. 

Wasn't overly too impressed with Ack & Brunt but it's okay! 

• Like 2

I've been really enjoying the Vasto Incarnon, especially paired with Harrow/Scourge - it's not AoE like the strong Incarnons (e.g. Miter, Strun, Latron), but it packs a punch and absolutely destroys whatever you point it at (other than Archons, due to the DPS attenuation)

I'm definitely not biased from my prior Vasto Prime usage or anything 😅

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Genuinely curious why do you like the soma incarnon? It feels horrible to me.

the soma prime has always been my favorite gun in the game. it was a pretty good assault rifle before the incarnon, and now its one of the best ones.

the incarnon form also doesn't completely overshadow the base form, base has more fire rate, incarnon has more damage. peak incarnon design right there.

• Like 1

I especially like the Dual Toxocyst, Followed by Torid and Lato.

Key point, I like that they all use 'ricochet'/'chaining' gimmicks.

I feel like this is a great way to make single target weapons compete with AoE. And its fun to use.

You get a pseudo-aoe effect, but are still required to Aim that initial hit; can't just spam randomly like a bramma.

Zymos (the infested pistol that only releases spores on headshots) is an old favorite for the same reason.

Rewarding Aiming.