Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

duviri experience is a half hour / hour long bounty for 10-15 clamps

dont try to change my mind

ughhhh its so long and boring, and if you get a stage that bugs out -_- every little issue or problem is just exacerbated by how much you don't want to be there, drifter gameplay is so slow, clunky, and annoying. i feel really bad for people that start warframe in duviri and they think this is what it is.

have to be honest if paid incarnons don't need clamp thats it im out, ill still complain about it as far as the direction of warframe currently being a bad one but anything to not have to play duviri. even if it does play into DE's create a problem sell the solution mentality. 

speaking of soon to be abandoned game modes, how all you still like the kahls garrison stuff everyone was on about a few months ago?! i skipped that because once again it was gimmick non warframe content. is it still getting updates? do people still play that mode? was it worth the dev time you think?

Edited by (XBOX)ONI Prowess
  • Like 4

all that's really missing there is a second way to get Pathos Clamps, tbh. you can do the 'endurance' form of getting all other Resources in Duviri, including Intrinsics. but Pathos Clamps, just from one specific thing.

that's all they need to address. where's my "Endless Mission" version of Pathos Clamps? the thing that you'd do after "repeating the story" several times, so to speak.

• Like 6

For me, the biggest problem is just the departure away from "tiny, bite-sized" missions.  Both Circuit and Duviri clamp farm suffer from this, as they encourage moderate to long farms.

Our trading system is garbage, but at least it "fit" amid the old mantra of encouraging short missions.  The fact that both players have to be out-of-mission to conduct a trade under the current system works ok-ish with short missions because you've usually just started (and thus can abandon without much penalty) or are very close to finishing a mission and being ready to conduct the trade.

All that changed with Duviri.

For Circuit, you have reasonable "stepping off" points where you can leave a run in progress to conduct trades, but the loss in farming efficiency from giving up streak points is profound.

For Duviri clamp farm, there's a big gap in the middle between the first and second Undercroft missions where trade requests are very awkward to address.  You're too far into the run to want to abandon it, but you're too far from the end of the run to have the person wait for you.  And abandoning early means zero clamps, which effectively means the entire run was a waste of time now that we all have enough basic mats.

I really hope they address this in some way.  My suggestions

1. Fix the trading system.  We need phones to enable 2FA anyway and we have a Warframe Companion App that is there and stable but largely useless.  Let us conduct and approve our trades on our phones without having to bow out of our missions all the time.
  2. Better utilize the "Daily Bonus" to generate Circuit points while maintaining high engagement without encouraging marathon runs.
  3. Amortize our clamp haul during duviri runs.  Give us at least some clamps on each phase and then a bigger payout at the end so that if we have to abandon a run in progress we aren't completely screwed out of the whole haul.

And no I'm not running with market off when doing duviri or virtually any content (aside from extremely long quests like New War).

• Like 4

Duviri isn't abandoned yet. They're still making a new Drifter weapon and added kullervo's hold. There's a very good chance we'll have a second Duviri frame as well. 

I personally like Duviri content (imo it would be better if they could make Duviri without the undercroft because of how jarring it is to have undercroft every 1-2 steps), but I do understand that some might not like it as much especially comparing Warframe melee to Drifter melee.

Kahl was way less interesting than Duviri. Duviri melee combat feels more like it's own expansion while Kahl is like that one unique side quest you'd find in an MMO and never play again.

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT
  • Like 3

If you're running Experience for clamps, you should perhaps try Lone Story instead. Apart from the time needed if you get a timed undercroft mission like Defense, a squad can often make quick work of everything else and shave some time off of the farming experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)ONI Prowess said:

I won't, but I just wanna say two things.

Acrithis offers forma for 10 Clamps, potatoes for 20 Clamps, rivens for 15 Clamps which I think are pretty resonable deals.

However, I agree with @taiiat and I belive that there should be other way to obtain them.

Ciruit NEEDS a 6th rotation option, where you don't pick an adapter, but pathos clamp cache.
Tier 5 has 25 Clamps, Tier 10 has 75 Clamps.

Edited by Cerikus
  • Like 7

Duviri, like Railjack, is one of those game modes that I tend to prepare to set aside a sizeable chunk of playtime and make sure that I’m just doing it as a hobby so that I don’t feel pressured to rush through; once the mental hurdle crops up and is dealt with (if it crops up), I quite like it. Beautiful world I can just trot along through and do stuff and though it has its limits the combat can scratch my Sekiro itch in its small way to an extent, but in Warframe world. Not a fan of the intrinsics system where we get forced to overpower the game though, never was even for Railjack; I like the mechanic-altering stuff, could do without things like the bonuses to health

That said I recently spent about half an hour doing a Zariman exterminate as a melee-only Loki with invisibility either subsumed off or in the back pocket until things became dire (can’t remember which) and really getting into it, and I would be the first to say I don’t represent the majority of the playerbase

• Like 2

I dunno. Obtaining a resource that unlocks the most insane weapons and items in the game shouldn't be a quick grab but, saying that, my love story sessions are pretty quick and entertaining. Just 4 runs gets you enough clamps to unlock 3 Incarnon Genesis weapons, however just my casual playing has somehow got me at 10 new Incarnon weapons without realizing it. 

I would say don't rush things. Explore and enjoy the secrets of the island and, next thing you know, you will have ramped up everything passively.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, VladYvhv said:

If you're running Experience for clamps, you should perhaps try Lone Story instead. Apart from the time needed if you get a timed undercroft mission like Defense, a squad can often make quick work of everything else and shave some time off of the farming experience.

Lone Story is literally Duviri Experience but without the optional stuff there. it's no faster or slower.
you may as well run Duviri Experience to grab any side objectives along your way for bonus Resources/Intrinsics without really losing any time.

2 hours ago, Pakaku said:

The bounty cycle is fine, the painful boring part is resource farming.

personally i had a good time stacking Decrees while cross gridding almost the entire Duviri Map each run, for collecting Resources. (and taking opportunistic rolls for SP Circuit)
however i did also have the game give me like literally a full Week of Boosters, so i binged that for that entire Week and then stopped. got lots of everything via that way.

i'm assuming the usual loot Multipliers that Steel Path gets apply there, making that further more effective.

but i do also tend to multi-task work with games a lot thesedays, so Duviri Experience Solo being a great way for me to spend like 3-4 Hours on the Map at a time and periodically going AFK and such without having to impede anyone else. 😅
so it's sortof a perfect way to play for me

2 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

I dunno. Obtaining a resource that unlocks the most insane weapons and items in the game shouldn't be a quick grab but, saying that, my love story sessions are pretty quick and entertaining. Just 4 runs gets you enough clamps to unlock 3 Incarnon Genesis weapons, however just my casual playing has somehow got me at 10 new Incarnon weapons without realizing it. 

I would say don't rush things. Explore and enjoy the secrets of the island and, next thing you know, you will have ramped up everything passively.

i could give a S#&$ about the cost = time ratio

they can multiply the amount of time needed to get incarnons 10 times over and i would not care

its the fun ratio i care about.

if im not having fun no amount of time or grind is worth it, if im having fun its NOT a grind its just the game. im MR27m almost 400 forma on my Nyx, i do not mind the grind, i love the gameplay. its being forced into specific flavor of the month soon to be neglected game modes a get fed up with

you put 1 single clamp in teshins steel path shop for 15 steel essence so that i can go play warframe and get an incarnon eventually, solid.

• Like 1

Personally, I like The Duviri Experience a lot; it's genuinely one of my favorite game modes.  That said, once you've maxed Intrinsics (which does not take long) there's just nothing of value to be gained from doing that game mode.  My bottleneck is always Pathos Clamps, which means my goal is a beeline for the Orowyrm, since stopping to smell all the enjoyable roses yields nothing.

I think if every Duviri side activity rewarded 1 Clamp each, that would fix everything.  They can be used to buy evergreen rewards in Acrithis' shop, so every week there would be a reason do play for those who enjoy the game mode.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

personally i had a good time stacking Decrees while cross gridding almost the entire Duviri Map each run, for collecting Resources. (and taking opportunistic rolls for SP Circuit)
however i did also have the game give me like literally a full Week of Boosters, so i binged that for that entire Week and then stopped. got lots of everything via that way.

i'm assuming the usual loot Multipliers that Steel Path gets apply there, making that further more effective.

but i do also tend to multi-task work with games a lot thesedays, so Duviri Experience Solo being a great way for me to spend like 3-4 Hours on the Map at a time and periodically going AFK and such without having to impede anyone else. 😅

I've always gone solo, just to avoid bugs but also because I can go as fast or slow as I want

Unfortunately most of the adapters I've been after have demanded Yao Shrub, so having to farm 70 for multiple incarnons, back to back, that gets tiresome pretty quickly... and I don't really like the idea of giving in to buy a resource booster, which only helps so much when you still only encounter so many resource spawns per map load anyways. Kind of wish the Dax would drop more resources than just their little spools of infinity thread

Edited by Pakaku

meh, it's like any other grind in warframe really, if you do it often enough you risk burning out. it shouldn't be taking a whole hour to do one Spiral run though, unless you constantly get sidetracked and/or are trying to farm plants.

as for Kahl, most people seem to have stopped playing it, and I stopped AGES ago. sure, I lose out on a second Shard but I'm really not that desperate for them. 

Duviri isn't a new mode , I feel it is the new game that DE is too scared to launch standalone. 

I have half a feeling that DE will abandon soulframe and bring back the departing devs to work on the duviri side of things.

But i do actually enjoy it , it's a nice change of pace.

As to Kahl , I do occasionally do that mission. But i have enough shards to max out any new frame that comes (with basic shards) so I don't bother with it that much. I really wish they had developed that into more missions though.

I'm still playing Duviri when I get the chance and pretty much exclusively Steel Path. It's a fun world to explore and building power through decrees is satisfying. I'm still pretty happy with it.

They should just give Kahl the damn jetpack from the beginning of his missions or let us buy some Manic juice from the shard shop that'll let us move faster or teleport.

Edited by TeaHands

Not really a slow farm considering it also removes RNG for the things you require the clamps for. The thing is that the side portals added last patch should have been there at release, since it would have likely given a different view on time vs reward.

Now you get 15 clamps, some essence and 3 arcanes for around 40 minutes of work on avarage. Not too bad imo.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Duviri isn't a new mode , I feel it is the new game that DE is too scared to launch standalone. 

I have half a feeling that DE will abandon soulframe and bring back the departing devs to work on the duviri side of things.

But i do actually enjoy it , it's a nice change of pace.

As to Kahl , I do occasionally do that mission. But i have enough shards to max out any new frame that comes (with basic shards) so I don't bother with it that much. I really wish they had developed that into more missions though.

i have similar feelings or ideas.

DE ruined BOTH the operator second dream reveal (this was a big thing for warframe, this was our version of FF14's "just keep playing some cool story beats happen") that everyone in the comunity tried not to spoil for noobs for years.

but no duviri is flavor of the month lets throw all that cool stuff we were leading up to and introducing you to over time and just throw this garbage can of terms and plot points at you.

*as an aside they mention void angels in duviri (and other things im sure) and i have no clue how you would have any idea what that is*

the second thing DE ruined was the new player experience, they literally tied duviri and its hades flavor of the month design to the new player experience of warframe. now if your a noob you get random terms and a random voice telling you to chose between things you have no idea about. and then some poor noob is going to get thrown into duviri and think thats warframe.

duviri feels like D2 right now (summer 2023) an absolute convoluted mess of gameplay mechanics, flavor of the month modes, overly complex lore that does not make sense to anyone but sounds VERY smart, and of course lots of things to spend money on.  DE threw every warframe mechanic and then some at the wall, every warframe and weapon at the wall, every plot point or lore tid bit also thrown out there, all these crazy existential ideas of the void, as well as DE's obsession with low hanging fruit of mental trauma. every update they have to include a nod to a greater psychological point so everyone thinks there so smart and amazing. why is anyone supposed to know or care that duviri was based around depression? they just read "ninjas play free". more new resources, more new mechanics (a horse to join or k drives in the vault of *flavor of the month and never touched again*

its just more crap thrown at the wall,

duviri took some of the best experiences and spoilers of warframe and just packaged them on duviri to sell it. its like an over the top Hollywood trailer that spoils everything about the move so you dont end up going to see it.

and it will likely be forgotten in a year, but its damage and the things it spoiled will now be tied to and linger in warframe for years to come

this is the new new player experience by the way. 

• Like 4

vor 14 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)ONI Prowess:

ughhhh its so long and boring, and if you get a stage that bugs out -_- every little issue or problem is just exacerbated by how much you don't want to be there, drifter gameplay is so slow, clunky, and annoying. i feel really bad for people that start warframe in duviri and they think this is what it is.

have to be honest if paid incarnons don't need clamp thats it im out, ill still complain about it as far as the direction of warframe currently being a bad one but anything to not have to play duviri. even if it does play into DE's create a problem sell the solution mentality. 

speaking of soon to be abandoned game modes, how all you still like the kahls garrison stuff everyone was on about a few months ago?! i skipped that because once again it was gimmick non warframe content. is it still getting updates? do people still play that mode? was it worth the dev time you think?

this is also the reason why i don't WANT to play warframe for many months!

I don't eat any waste from the organic waste bin!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3WVeq_5aQjJREhO_TXDS

51 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I still have a lot of clamps. Have you tried not trying to get every single incarnon since you're not even gonna use them all anyway?

yeah im only going for the guns im interested in / for fun, i have my loadout at this point. 

its just there is no way to get them OTHER THAN this one 20 minute long (my casual run i noted) bounty, consisting of gameplay i simply do not want to play, its a different game.

*pray no bugs*

then turn around and do it again

imagine it like this, to get an incarnon you have to play a race in Forza 5 real fast. . .

see the problem?!

i dont mind the grind, i simply dont want to play forza, i want to play warframe. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, taiiat said:

Lone Story is literally Duviri Experience but without the optional stuff there. it's no faster or slower.
you may as well run Duviri Experience to grab any side objectives along your way for bonus Resources/Intrinsics without really losing any time.

Wrong. One of the reasons you're wrong is that "optional" stuff also includes the spawned patrols of baddies that can and often do appear in the areas where the story objectives are. Sometimes 2 or more patrols, which means that part of completing that objective is suddenly also dealing with those 5-10 additional baddies, who don't show up in Lone Story. Additionally, I was talking about doing Lone Story with a squad. And good luck convincing a squad to not run off and do side objectives while you're trying to just rush the story objectives... Effectively, the story objectives become the optional ones in Experience, since most people are going into experience to rack up decrees, etc. Removing those distractions, even a less competent squad is going to finish Lone Story mode faster than if they'd been doing Experience. Conversely, even a more competent squad is going to have an inherantly longer run in Experience than in Lone Story, due to interference from the enemies.