Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

clamps grind is where fatigue really sets in btw (stopping me from bothering to unlock incarnons)

22 hours ago, (XBOX)ONI Prowess said:

(though was annoyingly afk in a titania in the undercroft missions, seemed to know he could just afk and it would be fine, whatever) 

I should point out, that unless it got fixed, there's sometimes a bug where clients appear to be idle in the undercroft.  I've confirmed it with a friend.  A few times he would say that I'm just standing around doing nothing, but I'm actually running around killing things.  I even proved it by having him stop killing things, and then I killed things in front of him on the other side of the map from where I supposedly way.

21 hours ago, Learicorn said:

The point isn't whether it's easy or not, the point is that the mission where you grind them is boring as hell lol

So what? It's a personal issue in this case because it's a completely subjective point to make. Some players love the missions because they are either quick and easy, long and easier and allows exploring. You get all three in one setup. With that amount of play options, and there's still whining, then that's on you.

The main point is that the clamps are for and in Duviri so you must get them there. +/- 15 minutes for 10-15 clamps clamps...half way there to a super weapon and these dudes are whining about that. Holy crap.... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

So what? It's a personal issue in this case because it's a completely subjective point to make. Some players love the missions because they are either quick and easy, long and easier and allows exploring. You get all three in one setup. With that amount of play options, and there's still whining, then that's on you.

The main point is that the clamps are for and in Duviri so you must get them there. +/- 15 minutes for 10-15 clamps clamps...half way there to a super weapon and these dudes are whining about that. Holy crap.... 

This forum belongs to the community, so anybody has the right to discuss content in the game they're not satisfied with or make suggestions, that's the whole point of a forum. You're the one whining and acting passive aggressive just because you disagree with someone. Did this thread steal your lunch or something dude?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Learicorn said:

This forum belongs to the community, so anybody has the right to discuss content in the game they're not satisfied with or make suggestions, that's the whole point of a forum. You're the one whining and acting passive aggressive just because you disagree with someone. Did this thread steal your lunch or something dude?

That was not passive aggressive. There was not a single thing I said that was passive. I was and am direct. 

Second, yes, these are the forums and, as dude made his comment saying how he doesn't need the items but, because he's over the mission, he wants a completely new option, outside of the intended requirements, to get the resource to get the items, my response (because it's the forums) was to push back on that because it makes no sense for the devs to do so. As people always say here (and it has been said to me before), do not make a thread unless your intent is to receive feedback.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nok-Rntha said:

You are burning out; that's normal
Play something else and then come back to Warframe later.

wrong.

i enjoy warframe, i like playing the circuit or hunting liches, sitting in survival. its a nice fun time. 

duviri driftor gameplay is not warframe, its a different game, its forza, its fortnite, its ace combat. 

i dont want to play that, thats not why i play warframe.

i play warframe to play warframe

halo for halo

forza for forza

elden ring for elden ring

etc.

this could all be solved with a safety mechanism built systemically into the game to put the *new currency* (in this case clamps) in other established vendors at hyper reduced efficiency (so clamps show up in teshins shop for outrageous prices, arbitration vendor, plains vendors, etc.

and vice versa, those currencies are put in duviri so that if people prefer duviri and farm everything they can still play the content they prefer to get rewards elswhere.

THIS makes sure that the most efficient way to grind something IS by playing that content,

BUT

that the most efficient way to get anything at all in warframe is to PLAY ANYTHING in warframe period!

right now there content model (and alot of live service games in the industry) is consuming and competing with its own game and its own established players and gameplay let alone providing a solid front to compete with other games in the industry. warframe is trending towards *logging on, checking the extrinsic reward systems RNG that they have logged on to, playing if its good, LOGGING OFF if its bad*

people USED to log on for the gameplay. . .

warframe is NOT a pvp game and yet the community is really starting to turn on each other with a "IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GO AWAY!" mentality due to game updates. . . 

that is not good.

and i dont care, my life is great, ill point it out, get the fun i can, buy what i want, and move on when it dies.

i have had great fun in warframe.

great times. 

Edited by (XBOX)ONI Prowess

4 hours ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

After reaching max drifter intrinsic, didn't do those incarnon adapters grind anymore.

Collecting decrees in duviri and becomes super OP is fun, but that feel won't last long. After all intrinsic maxed out, I didn't bother wasting another hour in it just for 10/15 clamps.

And all of those incarnon weapons are not stronger than zariman ones, also no mastery experience. Cannot find any interest of doing it for some guy that already have all weapons.

If maxed out intrinsic can still be earned and stored as some kind of token to exchange for clamps then maybe I will find playing duviri fun again.

(Who the hell thinks using clamps as a token is a good idea......)

The whole point of the new Incarnons is to make the very outdated/bad weapons they're for relevant again. If using those weapons again (or at all if they were already outdated since you started) isn't something you're interested in then they're simply not designed for you.

Also if you don't need/want the Incarnons or don't care for anything in Acrithis' shop then there's no issue here. You've "finished" Duviri and it can now sit in the rest of the content you've completed and have no incentive for running more of.

Also the value of items the weekly shop can have make Clamps as tokens a worthwhile thing. As they're one of the few methods/only alternatives for getting a number of the items on offer. On top of it not being remotely difficult to get Clamps and being able to be entirely detached from regular build progression makes it a good source for all that and basic resources for early-mid level players.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)ONI Prowess said:

stuff

I too play Warframe just to play Warframe, but the second thing you brought up is a wholly different issue - content islands
The only time content felt like it connected was when I could feed resources from all over the place to Helminth or I needed resources from several open worlds to craft a frame.

Drifter melee combat is eh... I still use Drifter melee like any other warframe melee. Mash E, then roll, mash E more, then slide attack for gap closer. It's basically the same thing but lower attack speed. No point is using Parry when the enemy is already dead. Sure would be better if we can Parry mid combo.

1 hour ago, Nok-Rntha said:

I too play Warframe just to play Warframe, but the second thing you brought up is a wholly different issue - content islands
The only time content felt like it connected was when I could feed resources from all over the place to Helminth or I needed resources from several open worlds to craft a frame.

By the definition you seem to be using for content islands literally every single aspect of the game is one. At that point why is it an issue?

Everything is connected in the same way of employing the gear you brought in, granting you gear you can take out, and resources from one place can be used on making gear from others. The only thing that differs is Kahl operating on one direction with only granting gear to take out.

And if bringing multiple resources to one system is a connection then literally everything else is. With needing to potentially get a BP from one place, parts from another, and resources from multiple different planets/areas/systems. For instance frames like Atlas or Khora Prime require potentially engaging with seven or more different areas/systems to get between their Relics, parts, and most of the resources they need coming from different parts of the game.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, (XBOX)ONI Prowess said:

duviri driftor gameplay is not warframe, its a different game,

It gets really tiring when people whinge and complain and moan that "X isn't warframe!!!!!! WAH!!!!"

Here's the thing:
Warframe hasn't been about just warframes for nine years.
Archwing was introduced in early 2014.  And if you haven't noticed archwing isn't warframe.

Warframe is about more than just the frames...and if you can't actually get over that and accept that warframe is larger and contains more than just frames maybe you are burning out of warframe and can't keep up with what it is.

Warframe is a lot of things.
Warframe is Archwing.
Warframe is kid mode.
Warframe is drifter.
Warframe is Railjack.
Warframe is Necramech
Warframe is K-drives.
Warframe is warframes.
Warframe is fishing.
Warframe is trading.
And on and on.

Warframe is about a lot more than just the frames, and guess what?  It has been for a very long time.  Longer than you've been playing the game.

I've been here since the very beginning.  I've seen systems come and go that have changed what "warframe" is down to its very core.
Warframe is not the game it started out as.
Not in any meaningful way.
So much of the "original warframe" is gone forever and will never be back, and along with that a lot has been added over the years to make "warframe" completely unrecognizable.

But it is cute when someone who hasn't been here for even half of warframes changing life to go "But X isn't warframe and I don't want to play it!!!!!!"

Here's the thing though: X is warframe.
In your case X is duviri/drifter.  And yes that is warframe.
For some people is archwing.  For some railjack.  For some necramech.  And on and on.
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it isn't warframe.

It's especially weak to complain about Duviri because you spend half (or more) of the time in that open world as a warframe.  Especially in the lone story where the longest periods of time you actually spend completing an objective is in your warframe.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, (XBOX)ONI Prowess said:

people USED to log on for the gameplay. . .

I can’t help but feel like this is partially incorrect and that people log in to grind and gameplay is almost a side effect. The concept of “Warframe is a job” because players want to grind instead of play has been around as long as I’ve been playing

• Like 2

hace 2 horas, Tsukinoki dijo:

Warframe is Necramech

Warframe is about a lot more than just the frames, and guess what?  It has been for a very long time.  Longer than you've been playing the game.

The good thing about the necramech is you can use the NORMAL FRAME AND THE NECRA.

It was good.

58 minutes ago, bastianpp said:

The good thing about the necramech is you can use the NORMAL FRAME AND THE NECRA.

It was good.

And guess what?
In duviri you do the same thing!

I mean you spend more than half the time in a lone story duviri in your frame because of how long the undercroft portions of the missions are.

In fact you spend less time in warframes in most necramech missions than you do in average duviri runs....

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 2

hace 13 minutos, Tsukinoki dijo:

And guess what?
In duviri you do the same thing!

I mean you spend more than half the time in a lone story duviri in your frame because of how long the undercroft portions of the missions are.

In fact you spend less time in warframes in most necramech missions than you do in average duviri runs....

i hated the divuri stuff, i spend a lot of time alone with my operator doing weird and boring stuff... instead of using my archwing+normal warframe... meh

5 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Warframe is a lot of things.
Warframe is Archwing.
Warframe is kid mode.
Warframe is drifter.
Warframe is Railjack.
Warframe is Necramech
Warframe is K-drives.
Warframe is warframes.
Warframe is fishing.
Warframe is trading.
And on and on.

wrong

those were game modes and mechanic add ons to what warframe is and you actually proved a point as none of those are a core feature and happen to be some of the most complained about panned, and forgoten updates (why did you forget the league of legends game mode? or clan battles? or raids? is it because that would further prove my point?)

WARFRAME is: its 5 seconds of fun.

that are:

frame movement (how smooth it is to run around and move the warframe including parkour)

its core gun / melee / ability combat loop (and the unique and smooth way warframe has blended those together)

the warframe hero character class (an obvious core feature and directly linked to combat above, i would add some of the CORE rpg mechanics here as well)

and the sandbox to use those tools in (i hesitate on this but in theory its designed to work WITH the core 5 seconds, warframe is losing that a bit)

those are the basic things you need for "warframe" 

notice how updates that made sure to include this core gameplay are liked? angels, disruption, the new defense mode for Citrine, *most of the zaraman game modes, the new survival nodes on lua, etc. and gimmick flavor of the month dead end design choices are met with criticism? there you go. 

imagine if duviri decree's had all been balanced around the idea of, and added as, warframe mods. . . .

wow, wouldn't that have been crazy. . .

in fact when you look back over warframe updates that have directly contributed to the core loop of warframe compared to individual passion projects that ended up as dead ends you see that VERY LITTLE is actually done to base warframe. yet most rewards in those various projects tie back into power for the BASE GAME. . .but then whats the point?

dont worry its not really directed at you, its an industry wide problem, i dont expect warframe to fix it, but im still going to complain about my game being neglected by its devs. . .

Edited by (XBOX)ONI Prowess
  • Like 1

Baffles me that you don't get any clamps while playing circuit, you need to play the bounty specifically to get them. Just having one place that takes 40min to get the resource needed for all the incarnons is kinda draining. I have incarnon adaptors for a bunch of weapons but no motivation to do the boring long bounty to get clamps, maybe it's just burnt out.

23 hours ago, kamisama85 said:

- Still gotta write a mandatory Shawzin song about the journey.

...let me write Shawzin compositions for clamps. I would do that.

More seriously, as I said in a different thread, imagine if the Zariman voidplumes only came from the Ravenous Void Angels who show up at the end of a Void Armageddon (exodampener defense) round. No other Zariman activities gave them to you.

Now imagine you still needed just as many voidplumes as you do now—to craft weapons, Gyre bits, to trade for rep, etc.

Given that clamps are needed to affix Incarnon adapters, to buy/unlock the Duviri melee options, to purchase things from Acrithis... they really do serve as Duviri's Voidplumes, so that hypothetical example above basically is the clamp situation.

As I've said elsewhere, I enjoy Duviri. I like the Circuit quite a lot, and I actually don't mind the Duviri "bounties" in general. If the Orowyrm fight differed in any meaningful way between the spirals, it would make it less tedious. If other activities in Duviri gave you clamps, that would make it less tedious.

Replace intrinsics rewards with one clamp when you've capped intrinsics; that decree gives you a clamp, either in the normal Duviri stuff or the circuit. Let us trade huge amounts of Duviri resources to Acrithis for clamps. Let people do something in a spiral that ramps up the Orowyrm fight but doubles the amount of clamps it drops.

Just something to give a little more variety...

Edited by Packetdancer

Completely agree. The problem isnt how easy or hard the grind is, but how tedious and boring it is. Just give us more options to get these things. Maybe add them in the cirquit reward pool after the 10 main stages, add some to Teshin's store or maybe make Aya more useful by allowing us to spend it on the clamps so that everyone can focus on the content they prefer.

This has been Warframe's biggest issue for me from day 1. The grind is so tedious and soul crushing that I don't even wanna bother with it. I actually like the plains of duviri, tho I hate the undercroft, I think it's just low effort padding for the sake of inflating play time, Just like the corpus railjack side objectives. Everything DE slaps a timer on and/or copies an existing mission type into is the devs saying they've given up trying to actually make a fun game and just wanna milk playtime. But I'm digressing a bit. I don't want to participate in the pathos clamp grind because it's in a part of the game I actually like, because if I do I will start to hate it. I also think it's really stupid cus it discourages roaming around the plains doing side objectives and exploring which was kindof the entire point of the plains of duviri, to feel more like an actual open world rpg portion of the game than the other "open worlds". Now just imagine how I feel about grinds that are in parts of the game I don't like.

Stop forcing me to optimize and grind the fun out of the game to make any progress.
And yeah, I know warframe's grind is relatively tame compared to other mmos... and that's why I wont touch other mmos with a 15 million foot pole anymore.

4 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

Baffles me that you don't get any clamps while playing circuit, you need to play the bounty specifically to get them. Just having one place that takes 40min to get the resource needed for all the incarnons is kinda draining. I have incarnon adaptors for a bunch of weapons but no motivation to do the boring long bounty to get clamps, maybe it's just burnt out.

How are clamps an issue when you need to go to Duviri anyways for materials? What would you do if circuit rewarded clamps? Complain that you dont have enough materials to use the adapter? Since that you'd end up with. So you'd be wasting time getting clamps from circuit and then go to Duviri to grab mats, since you can knock out both at the same time currently in a single session.

• Like 2

I wouldn't be against Acrithis selling Clamps in exchange for Steel Essence: I think that's a fair trade. personally I don't mind running for the clamps, the only issue is that IMO SP Duviri should offer 20 or more clamps, because it's definitely around twice as hard (and longer) than running normal Duviri. I guess if you're that burned out, you can take comfort in knowing the next set of Incarnon Geneses will be purchasable with plat.

21 hours ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

And all of those incarnon weapons are not stronger than zariman ones, also no mastery experience. Cannot find any interest of doing it for some guy that already have all weapons.

I have all weapons, and for me the Incarnon Genesis meant it was worth going back and picking up weapons that were once just MR fodder: now I have a version that's worth using in any content. sure, a lot of them aren't quite on the same level as the Laetum, but they don't need to be, they just need to be good enough for Steel Path IMO. 

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

How are clamps an issue when you need to go to Duviri anyways for materials? What would you do if circuit rewarded clamps? Complain that you dont have enough materials to use the adapter? Since that you'd end up with. So you'd be wasting time getting clamps from circuit and then go to Duviri to grab mats, since you can knock out both at the same time currently in a single session.

I dunno about you but a majority of my playtime in durviri was in the circuit getting incarnons, if we could get some clamps in one of the tiers then that would be 2 birds with one stone. The materials collection is chill, you pop in get what you want and leave in 5-10min, you don't need to do all the 6 stages of a boring bounty to get the stuff.

Edited by ReddyDisco

I stopped going for the new incarnons after getting one in each of the 6 weeks. They are good but I don't feel the grind is worth it. 

Essentially incarnon adapter weapons are a side grade to a power level that's been available to us for a long time. They aren't as good as the zariman incarnons (specifically phenmor, felarx, and laetum) and don't gate any additional mastery points.

Imo this means skippable content. Especially skippable due to the horrible clamps grind. 

Maybe I will pick up a random incarnon adapter here or there but I am not really making it a priority. There's enough weekly nonsense in warframe now and quite frankly I'm bored of the design.

Honestly, the current Clamp grind feels like it does Duviri a disservice.  The Duviri Experience is supposed to be "the way Duviri was intended to be played", but anything in Duviri that isn't in The Lone Story isn't going to get you Clamps.  And that's a big deal because with the exception of getting a decorative robot owl, Clamps are the only resource worth planning around; if you have enough Clamps, then in 95% of cases that means you have enough of every other Duviri resource as well.

I think something like 1 Clamp per Duviri side activity would encourage folks to get the most out of what Duviri has to offer without getting burned out on Orowyrm fights.