Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There have never been Warframe Skins exclusive to Supporter Packs sold for IRL Currency, the Heirloom Skins shouldn't be the start of it, specially since we are celebrating 10 years of Warframe

Roble_Viejo

En 27/8/2023 a las 14:02, Amolistic. dijo:

<A high-quality post; snipped for brevity>

I'd take the deal if the regal aya was replaced with the equivalent in plat.
Their logic makes sense to include it but it's worthless to people like me that have all the things, suddenly are given 6 regal aya and there's literally nothing in varzia's shop for us to spend it on.

Regal Aya is useless for the people most likely to spend money on the game.

• Like 2

hace 20 horas, (NSW)Free_Aetharus dijo:

We need more honest posts like these.

I invite everybody to Post their take on this and
to share their Posts here, in these Comments

Doesnt matter how much Upvotes 1 Post gets
the real impact is measured on how many people
care enough about this issue to write their own Posts

hace 22 horas, wizardeiges dijo:

Theyve deleted more than 6 different threads as I screenshot them all before bed.

Feel Free to share those Screenshots here

On 2023-08-26 at 7:30 PM, wizardeiges said:

The crazy price is because you're made to buy a $40 pack of regal aya just to get the two skins in the first skin bundle.   If you remove the $40 6 pack of regal aya then the skins would come to $30 which I think is acceptable.

In the higher tier bundle it's also stuffed with $35 worth of platinum to further boost the price which is silly because you can get that from both prime access AND plat packs. Literally no reason to pad these so hard to the point the majority of the cost isn't the heirloom items but the stuff they're making you buy on the side like the $40 regal aya and the $35 of plat.

For price comparing you can find that info here on DE's website. 2x packs of 3 aya comes to $40.
Plat can be bought at 370p for $20. There is no pure 600 plat pack but by estimate 600p is worth around $35.

So that's $75 you have to shell out for those two things just to get the heirlooms biggest pack which includes all heirloom items. That pack is $90 too so they've dropped the value of the heirloom items and or other things in the bundle. A better deal technically but that's still spending significantly more on regal aya and plat than on the actual heirloom items.

or for $42 you can get 7 Regal Aya and 400 platinum. Not a direct comparison, but quite honestly platinum is seemingly lowering in actual value lately. If we compare to prime accesses, this pack is VERY lacking

Prime Access:

1. You get actual playable content, not just reskins
  2. You get ~4000 platinum at about 25% off the price, meaning you can just buy prime access just for 25% off plat and everything else is extra
  3. You get 90 days boosters (600 plat x2) totaling 1200 plat "value"
  4. Prime accessories if you're into that

Heirloom:

1. 2 Skins... not content
  2. 600 platinum and 6 regal aya, comparable to about $40
  3. Profile Bragging Rights!? Literally buying for the sake of saying I can afford it
  4. Brown colors, if you're into that, and the new Signa crowns which is honestly the only thing justifying the pack's existence

So... yeah. They really should have sold the pack at $40 dollars, or actually give us $93 worth of stuff.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Damocles said:

or for $42 you can get 7 Regal Aya and 400 platinum. Not a direct comparison, but quite honestly platinum is seemingly lowering in actual value lately. If we compare to prime accesses, this pack is VERY lacking

Prime Access:

1. You get actual playable content, not just reskins
  2. You get ~4000 platinum at about 25% off the price, meaning you can just buy prime access just for 25% off plat and everything else is extra
  3. You get 90 days boosters (600 plat x2) totaling 1200 plat "value"
  4. Prime accessories if you're into that

Heirloom:

1. 2 Skins... not content
  2. 600 platinum and 6 regal aya, comparable to about $40
  3. Profile Bragging Rights!? Literally buying for the sake of saying I can afford it
  4. Brown colors, if you're into that, and the new Signa crowns which is honestly the only thing justifying the pack's existence

So... yeah. They really should have sold the pack at $40 dollars, or actually give us $93 worth of stuff.

Things I would totally be fine with, though I'd prefer not to spend real money on skins, but understand people want to support a company if they wish.

1: Cut the padding, or add options without the outrageous padding to the skins, and add options to buy each skin individually without the padding too. More options is better. With more options like this, just about anyone with any income amount can get what they want, and support DE, but also remove the time availability.

2: Have the emotes and such be the only things that should be timed exclusive as those are the only things that would make sense to be, to be honest. If there has to be some sort of time exclusivity with the skins, make it temporary. Example: wait until next year to make it purchasable with platinum.

It doesn't feel right to make skins only available for a limited time if you want to celebrate an old artist that's not with the WF team anymore. Especially with frames that aren't used by a majority of the players for a few reasons. As it currently stands, these skins will be forgotten about in the future except for people posting them as "fashion frame", and then the conversation will always spark up with, "where do I get these?" With the answer being, you can't...

What a way to remember an artist... I hope they're getting residuals from these purchases (which I doubt it)...

Edited by (NSW)Master2873
Fixed some spacing.
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, MacAaroni said:

If there is anything that should be changed, it should be the removal of the included Platinum, which is completely unnecessary and is only there to help justify the $89 price tag. 600 Platinum is worth about $30. If players want to purchase platinum at their own discretion, you should let that be their choice. You should not be forcing players to buy currency if they don't want to.

If there is anything that should be changed, it's the removal of Regal Aya.

The one big complaint, is the inclusion of Regal Aya, and having no option to purchase the skins without it. That is where the issue currently lies for most people, myself included.
If DE decide to listen to their players, and act on feedback, providing one new pack with only the Skins and Signas, without anything else, is precisely what they should do.

• Like 1

$90 pack with fluff that is time limited is not de wae, DE. Warframe is above the rest for the lack of FOMO and time exclusive items while this pack is not.

And if we can get the price reduction by removing the other stuff like regal aya, it would be much better since it's not really necessary unless you don't have the primes

Please, don't make anymore time exclusive packs that is cash only, this is not de wae.

• Like 13

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

lol, the only reason there is any uproar over this is only down to the price, not that it is time limited or only purchaseable with irl monies

People are upset for many reasons including price and the points you mention. People don't complain about the price of prime access generally because there is alot more value.

Edited by (PSN)Joylesstuna
  • Like 1

Just now, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

People are upset for many reasons including price and the points you mention.

if people are upset with timed exclusives, then why is there no mentioning, for example, the jade skin packs from xbox, those are limited time exclusives that cost irl money

With the recent discussions about the Heirloom collection and its exclusivity being associated with a time limit, a practice known as FOMO, I would like to remind you that we have always had accessories limited by this practice.

Most items are associated with the package to support the development of certain content and subsequently removed from the market.

One question hanging in my head is: Why can't we have access to these packs ?

From the company's point of view. - Maintain the flow of credit with new items using the bargain of being exclusive for a limited time. 

Wouldn't it be better if we could buy packages as a form of developer support without tying the practice of FOMO to them?

Do they have the right to continue using this practice against the consumer or should they bring in items already removed with a consumer-friendly way?

Some examples researched:

Tigris Onyx Skin - Warframe Pinnacle 3

Lex Onyx Skin - Warframe Pinnacle 2 

Excalibur Onyx Skin - Warframe Pinnacle 1 

Nava Sigil/Nava Glyph - Starter Pack 

Kumuda Sigil/Kumuda Glyph - Starter Bundle

Itzal Amor Pack/Empyrean Sigil/Commander Emote/Railjack in Action/Empyrean Poster - Empyrean Support Pack

Flak Cannon/Rocket Launcher/Shock Rifle - Unreal Tournament Pack

Ravurex Gunblade/Narmer Color Pallete/Archon Nira Glyph/Archon Nira Sigil - The New War Support Pack

Glaive Boomie/Ambassador Tenet/Merulina Domestik Drone/Yareli Aquablade Sigil/Ventkid Noogle/Wave Rider 1 # Poster - Sister of Parvos Support Pack

• Like 1

These packs have always sucked. There's also the Deimos Supporter pack weapon skins and armor pack which looked so awesome, never gonna see those again. Too bad, poors, should've had more disposable income those months. So many cosmetics lost forever for some manufactured exclusivity.

7 minutes ago, MarbleRanger said:

Do they have the right to continue using this practice against the consumer or should they bring in items already removed with a consumer-friendly way?

They do have every right to do whatever they want, but it doesn't make it any less gross and it doesn't mean consumers should just accept it.

• Like 8

Main difference between those and the heirloom packs besides celebrating a big milestone in wf history and bringing back an old artist to design em, is that they said "theyre like the primes, just upgraded" so why not replace the prime models. Theyre sorely needing upgrades

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

Main difference between those and the heirloom packs besides celebrating a big milestone in wf history and bringing back an old artist to design em, is that they said "theyre like the primes, just upgraded" so why not replace the prime models. Theyre sorely needing upgrades

I don’t look at these reskins and think “Frost” or “Mag”, they lack the original identity, and the same can be said for a lot of deluxe reskins. If base models like warframes and their primes get updated, then they need to at least be recognizable. I severely dislike that reskins don’t bother to be recognizable or consistent with themes, but they can at least get away with that since they’re optional cosmetics.

"The straw that breaks the camel's back" is about a vast collection of smaller issues that finally cause a breaking point, not the fixation of an isolated incident. It's about the bigger picture here. 

The decisions made in the last 4 years to dial up this behavior in several areas of the game is what has led us to this point. I've been saying it for years on the Forums lol. You just can't be surprised at where this has led us to. Most examples of noticeable FOMO are 2019 and later. It's a trend years in the making, but it's not always been the case.

It's also no coincidence that the most anticipated update for a long time (The New War) had a Supporter pack with very choice-friendly options, having a very cheap pack with just the cosmetics and none of the items or Platinum, as opposed to all other Supporter Bundles.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

"DE has always been doing unethical business practices, so they should be allowed to keep doing them!"

Is a WILD #*!%ing take, and I can't wait in the future when they DO release gameplay related FOMOs and you guys will deserve every cent of it.

"It's ok because other companies do it."

"This one time is ok."

• Like 1

En 26/8/2023 a las 20:37, ShogunGunshow dijo:

FOMO timed exclusivity is bull. We don't need that again. 

Only copium take is that they could say the "collections" won't be available after that, but that wouldn't necessarily preclude them selling the skins individually later down the line.

Exactly

On 2023-08-25 at 11:42 PM, Roble_Viejo said:
What are the Heirloom Skins?
These are Deluxe Skins for Frost and Mag that have been leaked in the PlayStation Store:
https://store.playstation.com/en-au/product/EP2097-CUSA00106_00-0076885755076815
and will (probably) become available tomorrow during or after Tennocon

2aDXoWv.jpg

What does this Pack include?
- Ten Year Accolade
- Frost Heirloom Skin
- Frost Heirloom Signa
- Mag Heirloom Skin
- Mag Heirloom Signa
- Regal Aya x 6
- Deca Heirloom Sigil
- Deca Heirloom Glyph
- Deca Heirloom Emote
- Deca Heirloom Color Palette
- 600 Platinum

What exactly are these Cosmetics?
These are Deluxe Skins for Frost and for Mag called "Heirloom" and include Auxiliary Cosmetics called "Signa"
which are Halos that can be equipped on ANY Warframe :
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1613nnu/the_leaked_skins_are_now_chat_linkable/

How much is this Bundle sold for?
This Bundle is Priced at a whopping $135.95 USD

Now I wanna clarify that I 100% agree with Supporter Packs
I think it is perfectly ok for this Bundle to exist, however I dont agree with these Skins being Exclusive to a Pack
that is only Available for IRL Currency, specially given the extremely high price and the FOMO of the 10 Year Anniversary of Warframe

Why is the Pricing such an Issue?
$135.95 USD is a LOT of Money for anyone, but for people from Countries with a bad exchange rate between USD and
the Local Currency this Pack is outright unaffordable, specially since Supporter Packs dont have Localized Pricing

How to make these Skins Available to EVERYBODY?
Simply add a Deluxe Bundle that Includes both Skins and the Halos, similar to the Sentient Visions Deluxe Bundle for Mesa and Volt https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Sentient_Visions_Deluxe_Skin_Collection priced at around 550 Platinum,
so everybody can access these Skins while keeping the Accolade, the Regal Aya, the Platinum, the Sigil, Glyph, Emote and
Color Palette EXCLUSIVE to the Supporter Pack being sold for IRL Currency

Thank you DE for making the best Free To Play Videogame ever made
I will always be glad to Support this Game, as long as I can afford it

I fully agree except for the palette. Palette should also be available to everyone.

-----------

Regal Aya must be removed from the game.

It is a scam.

All tradeable platinum has already been paid for.

• Like 1

En 1/9/2023 a las 12:18, L00ri3n dijo:

fully agree except for the palette. Palette should also be available to everyone.

-----------

Regal Aya must be removed from the game.

It is a scam.

All tradeable platinum has already been paid for.

Actually I think its ok for the Accolade, the Emote, the Glyph
and the Palette to be Exclusive to the Paywalled Bundle

For me the problem is these are the first Deluxe Skins ever
that are UNAVAILABLE for the F2P Players, who are 99% of the Community

And its specially bad since these Skins are supposed to "Celebrate" 
10 Years of Warframe, I honestly still cant believe DE did this...

hace 1 hora, (NSW)Demonite dijo:

Pat yourselves on the back, F2P Chads, you're doing the right thing.

I checked and according to Steam Ive spent $880 👀

I thought I was a F2P Player but it seems it piled up over the years

I actually have no problem getting this Bundle and I really want to
but I just cant bring myself to Support Predatory Monetization Tactics

• Like 1