Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pretty disappointed that a login reward rework wasn’t talked about in devstream.

(XBOX)Caelum6613

probably not, since one could say it "devalues the ones players earned rightfully through the old system".

anyway, it's something that everyone will get passively anyway as long as they just log in enough. theya ren't really what I would call "essential" mods either, unless you only run AoE in which case then maybe a case could be argued for Primed Sure Footed. otherwise it's really not that big of a deal. 

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Caelum6613 said:

Am a new player that has played for about 2 months. Really like this game but really irks me that I can’t get primed shred, sure footed, and fury(don’t really care about primed vigor) after almost 2 years of logins, and that’s assuming I log in every single day.

do you guys see any hope that they can rework this system? One idea I had was that every 100 days you could choose between weapons AND the primed mods. If they could be bought with plat I think would be a fair way to do things as well.

I wouldn't mind tbh, but would de have to make an equally "difficult" method of obtaining them or something idk.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Caelum6613 said:

do you guys see any hope that they can rework this system?

I don't  see a lot of hope, but some.  It totally is the kind of thing I can imagine them revisiting.  Re-revisiting in this case.  I bet there are people at DE that feel this part of the login reward system still has room for improvement.

The problem though with Warframe is that any specific feature, even really screwy ones, is way more likely to remain the same than get changed.  The studio is extremely busy with producing new content and keeping an old, extremely complex game running.

FWIW I don't think anything but insignificant upgrades, novelties, cosmetics, and consumables should be locked behind login days 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I don't  see a lot of hope, but some.  It totally is the kind of thing I can imagine them revisiting.  Re-revisiting in this case.  I bet there are people at DE that feel this part of the login reward system still has room for improvement.

The problem though with Warframe is that any specific feature, even really screwy ones, is way more likely to remain the same than get changed.  The studio is extremely busy with producing new content and keeping an old, extremely complex game running.

FWIW I don't think anything but insignificant upgrades, novelties, cosmetics, and consumables should be locked behind login days 

With the little to no effort put into addressing Archon Shards, I doubt they will touch the login rewards, especially when they still need that carrot on the stick for mobile players.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, (XBOX)Caelum6613 said:

those who feel logging in for years is too much time

Unworthy. The word you are looking for is unworthy.

There is no need of compromise because there is no issue affecting both sides.

Anyway, there are alternatives:

Mod TT 20px Primed Fury,  Plenty of attack speed mods available.

Mod TT 20px Primed Vigor,  Useless

Primed Shred  Sadly no alternative beside normal Shred

Primed Sure Footed.  Plenty of subsumes can make you status immune. Also there is https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Handspring

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

to get PSF basically for free

The funiest thinng is probabbly they do nnnot need it at all. They just have seen a fancy youtuber video that tells them to get it. However there are plenty of alternatives and they may not even be doing any content that requires them.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

whatever people come up with only to get PSF basically for free lol

It's going to be funny when DE remove knockdown effect from AOE. Enemy knockdown is manageable (Handspring, Roll back, etc), it's the AOE spammer that make PSF favorable. I just use AOE weapon on status immunity frame like Nezha, Revenant, Rhino, etc.

4 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

whatever people come up with only to get PSF basically for free lol

But back when it released people called it trash because of the "resist" animation and that it didn't resist self-inflicted staggers/knockdowns. Funny how that happens. Most people with this request don't actually like Primed Sure Footed, they just like spamming AoE with the preventative being one Exilus Mod instead of Helminth choices or mod stacking. The mod was always in a good spot, even if more niche before. 

As for the OP: No. If there was a way to just buy login mods, there is no point in having them in the login system at all at that point. Originally these mods were accidentally tradeable, and they quickly patched that out (this happened with Primed Fury and Primed Vigor). There needs to be something worthy in login rewards to provide as the carrot on the stick.

I wouldn't mind if DE made the "gear" of login rewards (weapons and mods) more accessible to players if and only if those milestones were replaced with cosmetics that evolved/changed appearance (like the Protovyre Collection) with more milestones reached and were uncapped (like the Stratos Emblem or Operation: Scarlet Spear Condrix and Murex Emblems). I think that's a fair trade for offering that, because these rewards have already been made dramatically easier to get once, and doing so again would only feel nice if existing players who are long-time players were given something to represent their commitment that scaled past the 1000 day mark.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

If prime sure footed "isn't needed" let people buy it then.

That's not the point. The value of Primed Sure Footed is partly due to the time commitment to have it, and it's not as simple as just "let people have it". The game has to have some stuff that takes time to get. If you don't have anything at all like that, what is there to reward older players? We're already struggling with this problem every major update, so there's no reason to make it harder arbitrarily by handing out long-term rewards.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Then continue gate keeping this mod.

I like how "gatekeeping" is thrown around as a means of making a party look bad, when in fact, you're not entitled for the gate to be open to everything. It's called reward progression, and it adds value to rewards.

• Like 5