Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I miss the pre-rework tile sets, can they be brought back?

Tuxie

I don't know what's the feasibly of them doing this, but I'd love to see the pre-rework Gas City tile set and pre-rework Corpus Ships be brought back in some way, they tipped their toes with doing just that when they relased Tyana Pass in the Citrine Update, when they brought back the old Corpus Ship Defense Room, they even used old Corpus Ship assets in the hallway.

I particularly miss the pre-rework Corpus Gas City tile set, which doesn't have large sections destroyed by the Ropalolyst, I feel like the older tile sets can exist alongside the reworked ones for an increased variety and diversity in the game. 

• Like 8

The old tilesets were retired for good reason. That being said, there's always room for improvements to the new ones. For example, more tiles for the generator to work with, to create more variety in missions (every single new tile added to a set creates exponentially more overall level layouts).

One thing in particular I'd love to see, is the addition of extra little alcoves and other small nooks that the player can duck into to recover their resources while stealthing. This really became apparent to me in the Spy mission of this week's Archon Hunt. I was doing an Operator run for funsies, and it became very apparent that the new Corpus tileset has very few places for the Operator to duck into to regen their energy before continuing on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

the new ones look a lot better, but some of the old tiles could work with a bit of a spruce up (I certainly would want it to be the same devs who make the new tilesets to refurb old ones, the tileset team has been killing it for ages now!), sadly I don't think they're really that interested in doing this.

I prefered old corpus ship over "corpus museum".

• Like 6

I do think the old corpus ships should have been kept, especially considering how it would have been justified by the Parvos Fleet being different than the regular Corpus Fleet.

That said I get that they redesigned the corpus look a with fortuna and now they want to redo all corpus tileset so they feel similar, but y'know, sometimes keeping the classics isn't always a bad thing...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

I do think the old corpus ships should have been kept, especially considering how it would have been justified by the Parvos Fleet being different than the regular Corpus Fleet.

That said I get that they redesigned the corpus look a with fortuna and now they want to redo all corpus tileset so they feel similar, but y'know, sometimes keeping the classics isn't always a bad thing...

Lorewise I would say it's just a lower class ship. Or a totally different brand. 

If I recall correctly, the old corpus tile set was being retire because of lighting issues. Plus some new technology introducing various changes into the game. Too much work for DE to implimented back into the old tileset so they just made new ones instead.

On 2023-12-12 at 11:03 AM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

the new ones look a lot better, but some of the old tiles could work with a bit of a spruce up (I certainly would want it to be the same devs who make the new tilesets to refurb old ones, the tileset team has been killing it for ages now!), sadly I don't think they're really that interested in doing this.

I like the old maps, but I bet they really crank up the install size which is a serious consideration for console players.