Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is reload as a mechanic unproductive to WF's gameplay?

Skaale

it's like many other things in the game, like Energy, Ammo, Et Cetera. these are limitations that are put there with the general intention that you're often going to use some of the Gear you acquire to affect these things. by how much or in what way is a part of your playstyle.

• Like 3

Sometimes you can get caught mid-reload by a situation that needs to be resolved faster than your reload would allow, and thus you’re forced into considering alternatives that were brought that might have a better impact than waiting for a reload to finish. Often happens when things get pretty down-to-the-wire where a fight can be determined by how long a reload takes

Reload and the ways we can modify it is one of those attributes that can turn a weapon from being part of a kit into being a main source of damage with minor hiccups in the way

Edited by Merkranire

Reloading definitely serves a purpose, and absolutely should exist. However, what could be debated at this point, is whether reserve ammo needs to be a thing.

For radial weapons, there definitely needs to be a limiting factor so that players can't just spam radial everywhere. Whether they continue to have ammo reserves, or they get some kind of cooldown mechanic between shots, or something else entirely. There's a ton of ways this could be handled, and you could create differentiation between radial weapons by using different systems (more gameplay variety, huzzah!).

However, for normal weapons, ammo reserves serve very little (if any) purpose in the modern game. Especially for weapons that have alternative modes that don't consume the primary source of ammo (incarnons being the obvious thing here). I feel like reserve ammo could just be done away with entirely. It's extremely rare for a player to run out of ammo, so this would just remove those rare situations and the total gameplay downer moment they create.

What to do with battery weapons then, you may ask? Well, in my opinion, battery weapons should be innately stronger than ammo weapons. They have slower resupply back to the "magazine", and their magazines are generally significantly smaller, so they should get more from each magazine. As things stand, most battery weapons already are stronger, with a few unfortunate outliers existing that could be easily given a buff (like Basmu, for example).

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Skaale said:

Aside from bows and launchers, does reloading serve any purpose? 

I find Reload is a valuable tool when I want to reload something, but somewhat overrated.  For instance, even if I hold the reload button down really hard, or hammer on it 20 times, it barely reloads my Ripkas at all.

• Like 4

Reloading is OP. Throws the balance of the game right off. When other players reload in my game it completely ruins my experience. Please nerf.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, schilds said:

Reloading is OP. Throws the balance of the game right off. When other players reload in my game it completely ruins my experience. Please nerf.

Oh gawd, here come the fun police.  If I'm having a good time deleting entire maps and speeding up this game's horrific grind for my squadmates with the reload on my Buzlok, why is that a bad thing?  SMH

• Like 1

No??

Also have you seen some of these guns' reload animations and SFX? Reload is what completes these fictional guns as pieces of art. Empty a stock Corinth magazine, reload and tell me it would feel complete without the sounds and reload time. 

But if you don't like reloading like a normal shooter, there are mods for that. 

lock_and_load.1aaa76e73ac149aa2a8ee0a8c3307f80.pngtactical_reload.277ffd090355ce8536f1401ce5024f96.pngEject Magazine - Buy and Sell orders | Warframe Market

Edited by BansheeAndZephyrMarried
why wiki image no work
  • Like 5

If we didn't have reload, some weapons like Corinth or Euphona Prime would lose much of their character. Asking this feels very strange. It's like asking why sprint requires a keybind.

• Like 3

See, when you include reload in a game it attracts reload enjoyers. Do we really want a community full of people like this? Feels like Warframe is going down a dangerous path.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 3

Reload makes guns work different from other guns. Gun with large magazine and long reload vs. gun with small magazine and short reload can have the same theoretical dps but have completely different rhythms. Why would we remove the things from gear that make them interesting and unique?

4小时前 , TARINunit9 说:

Does energy serve any purpose?

Does health serve any purpose?

Do players serve any purpose?

Do missions serve any purpose?

Why are we here? What is our purpose? Where are we going?

14 minutes ago, Hayrack said:

Modding for reload is unproductive, unless you are using some kind of ability/arcane aid and your riven has innate +reload speed.

Whoa, whoa there. This is a den of that aggressively virulent gamer sub-culture, the white knights of reloading. Heck, it's practically reload central. Are you sure you want to put yourself front and centre for retaliation like that? You're a brave one.

See what I mean. Straight away you're been forced to endure some outrageous serenade to reloading. What a vicious assault on the senses.

7 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

Yes, i get to see the beautiful trumna reload animation

Edited by schilds