Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Convoluted do you think Dante is going to be?

We love casting spells!

I think Dante is going to be very simple, which is unfortunate for me, I wanted something stupid and multilayered. but it seems like he'll be as complicated as Dagath for example, who's a relatively simple Warframe.

If the amount of stories you can create are limited to only 4, I hope the abilities have some hidden additional stats and intertwined synergies between stories.

and I'm definitely using all tome mods on Noctua.

• Like 3

I only kind of watched the dev stream video once while I was playing so it didn't have my full attention.

What I remember was the cast 2 abilities to get a combined effect on a 3rd cast gimmick and that reminded me of Lavos. I wasn't a fan of Lavos but that was mostly ability cooldown related. I'm also not sold on the cast 3 abilities to get the desired effect thing, it doesn't seem to fit with some of the fast paced gameplay I enjoy in WF. I love playing casters but I want immediate results on cast. In the time it takes to cast 3 abilities I could have already killed whatever is in front of me. He also summons his book to shoot for him and some attack birds or something. DE doesn't have a great track record with summons.

I do like testing builds on frames so I'll give Dante a chance but I'm trying to not immediately dismiss him.

Mechanics that go beyond bare violence?
What is this? 2015?
Nobody does that anymore!

... wish they would, only so many ways you can bash something's skull open before it feels less like a game and more like a chore.

To me? There's "simple" and than there's "Revenant Syndrome".
Latter being something so oversimplified that it negates the entire point of everything, including itself.

When was the last time you saw a Revenant using more than Mesmer Skin or idling with Danse Macabre?
No, using Thrall once accidentally doesn't count. I mean using the FULL KIT.

If Dante has to appease these lobotomized troglodytes of wasted flesh? (AKA: Revenant mains) 
I'm sure his kit is going to be as "complicated" as a straight line.
Gets boring fast. Gets disappointing faster. This game is easy enough as is.

Though frankly?
I don't want to think about another Warframe being watered down this much.
It's been such a long-standing issue...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Binket_ said:

When was the last time you saw a Revenant using more than Mesmer Skin or idling with Danse Macabre?

I use his thrall plus reave combo all the time, but I always helminth his 4...I just don't really like channeled abilities like this.

The best recent pure caster frame to me was Dagath, I just hope Dante can at least top that.

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Convoluted doesn't mean good. The most used warframes are usually the simplest ones

least used doesn't mean the Warframe is bad.

how many people really play Zephyr? now How many people really know how strong she is?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

All im curious about as always is the helminth ability. 

Just how wide is that slash aoe..

Better be some sukuna world slash level of broken

• Like 1

I'm not sure how convoluted pressing a few buttons will be, as if we don't already do that, but I'm guessing probably not that much. Question is if it will be fun or if the stuff is worth using

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Qorvex99 said:

least used doesn't mean the Warframe is bad.

how many people really play Zephyr? now How many people really know how strong she is?

It can be godlike all you want, if it's barely used, it means it's not fun and should be reworked. If you need a PhD in quantum mechanics to play a warframe efficiently and yet it's still 0 fun provided, then people will not play it, then DE should make it enjoyable to play.

Some simple warframes are boring and OP, some complex warframes are awesome but underpowered, some complex warframes are awesome and OP, some simple warframes are awesome and OP, and we have Inaros, simple, boring and underpowered

Edited by Chewarette

5 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

I love playing casters but I want immediate results on cast. In the time it takes to cast 3 abilities I could have already killed whatever is in front of me.

Obviously I’ll withhold judgment until I actually try him out, but yeah, this is what’s kept me off of Grendel since his rework. I could take the time to swallow enemies with an ability that has unreliable targeting and very frequently won’t swallow anything at all before I use my real abilities. Or I could just clear the screen with a different frame or weapon. 

I hope that Dante is more fluid than Grendel and Lavos. 

I feel it's going to be somewhere between lavos and equinox , but simpler I imagine.

Equinox needs a deep understanding if you want to squeeze everything out of it for both forms , effectively having 8 abilities (needs very active gameplay) 

Lavos can be played simply , but mastering its complexity gives some very versatile options if you know the elemental mechanics that can have quite a few combinations (needs finger dexterity to do in fast succession) 

Dante would technically have 3 (base abilities)  +4 (2^2) options. It remains to be seen which of those 4 options is actually worth using.

7 hours ago, Qorvex99 said:

We love casting spells!

I think Dante is going to be very simple, which is unfortunate for me, I wanted something stupid and multilayered. but it seems like he'll be as complicated as Dagath for example, who's a relatively simple Warframe.

If the amount of stories you can create are limited to only 4, I hope the abilities have some hidden additional stats and intertwined synergies between stories.

and I'm definitely using all tome mods on Noctua.

Bring a Rad Kuva Zarr as well to LEGALIZE NUCLEAR BOMBS.

he seems to me like he'll be like Sevagoth and Dagath, where the gameplay loop involves casting 2 powers frequently to make them synergize, and the other powers are there if and when you need them. I don't mind though, especially if he's strong.

I suspect...

A dash of Equinox with a few lumps of Lavos. 

Not too crazy but wonky enough to where not too many will play him beyond testing, and MR farming. 

I foresee him getting reworked a few times like Yareli did.

Edit:

I think he's simple. Only really has 6 Spell Combos. 

He might also be one of the few Warframes to have an Exalted Weapons that's worth more than the lingering waft of a squirrel fart. 

As unlike other Exalted Weapons, he can actually equip interesting mods. 

Like Lavos, I think he's going to enter my main roster of Frames. 

Edited by Aerikx

12 hours ago, Qorvex99 said:

We love casting spells!

I'm definitely using all tome mods on Noctua.

I don't think he'll be too convoluted if not at all since DE (poorly mind you) explained how his powers work and how to tell his "stories"

His Light/Dark Verse seems to be quite simple and quite strong on paper since he can cast Light to gain an amount of Overguard and increased max Health to himself and nearby allies that will more than likely scale with Mods and we all know how powerful Overguard & Ton of Health can be.

Dark seems to be a complete Damage power with instances of Slash damage, status, and light Stagger to enemies before him, Slash damage is insane if built correctly and once again will likely scale with Mods.

So right off the bat, we got two ideal powers for Damage and Tanking (With a flavour of Support) and with how his Tragedy & Triumph work seems quite good as well, either Inflict massive damage to nearby enemies by detonating their stacks of active  Slash status effects. (Get a powerful Slash weapon or Power, spread the slash as best you can then nuke). Or get a large pool of Overguard to Dante and nearby allies for a time and on top of that with what I read, Each kill made by Dante's weapons and abilities will regenerate an amount of Overguard while active, so you up-keep his Overguard quite a bit.

His Wordwarden and Pageflight seem to be nice but just an extra bonus, since Pageflight can spread Slash when they fly around and Warden seems to give you another Noctua that is affected by the weapons you have.

So you already have a handful of additional stats and intertwined synergies between stories; it depends on how you want your Dante to play out.

DPS Dante: Cast  Dark Verse to Spread a ton of Slash, then Pageflight to let the Birds spread Slash even more and to up-keep the Slash (then spread more Slash with whatever weapon you have) and then when enough mobs are Slashed, Nuke em with Tragedy. (Also the birds cause aggro, meaning no one shooting Dante or allies)

Or

Heal Dante: Cast Light Verses Twice then Triumph to get a Massive Heal and Overguard for you and your allies, while then casting Wordwarden to have extra Support with an ally 

I think Dante is about to be my main (I just hope that his Noctua has little to no drain when in use)

Edit: Anyone who thinks he is boring or too hard to play, just wants a frame to Press 4 to Win and never lose the game IMHO (AKA: Afk Wukong or a Mesa wanna-be or Never die Rev players)

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

If there is an actual reason to use all skill combinations then great! If not then why?

The most important thing is that everybody knows that the bird is the word, otherwise one of those spells might fizzle.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

If there is an actual reason to use all skill combinations then great! If not then why?

Same reason I still imbue magnetic on Lavos

EXPERIMENTATION because why not 

Edited by Aruquae
Reason not thing

Just from what we've seen he's less than Lavos but more than most other frames. Though if we're lucky he'll eventually see an augment that adds a new layer to the system but who knows how many months/years out that could be.

Lavos flavoured Convolution, but a more diluted blend, with hints and dashes of Garuda as far as aiming required. As the Lavos blend, does require more input mixing, but you can generally ignore aiming/directions for the most part. With a slight aroma of Equinox. In that, how Convoluted will also depend on your tastes. It could be entirely possible to just spam the same chapter over and over, or you may attempt a Magnum Opus each time. 

The sort of decision best left to when pondering with a stroke of the beard whilst resting ones chin on the palm of their hand, rested sturdily by ones knee.