Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if Volt's passive was his Speed ability?

-Speed is always active on Volt only.

-Movement stacks Speed's buff multiplier, up to a cap affected by power strength.

-Enhances Movement Speed, melee and reload speed.

-Slowing down/stopping decays the speed multiplier, Backflipping resets the speed multiplier.

-Volt abilities that deal AOE damage (Shock, Discharge) Will share his speed passive to nearby allies.

While his second ability will be a buff that enhances electric status: Superconductor!

Activate to enhance electric status dealt by Volt and his allies.

Multiplies Electricity's Discharge range, Electricity's status duration and status damage.

Allows Volt's abilities to proc electric status.

To be honest, now that I think about it, Superconductor can actually be a really good passive for Volt!

But what do you think about the original idea of this thread, should Volt's speed become his passive? I feel like having a natural, raw flow of speed without casting abilities, just by running is an excellent idea.

in addition, you also still able to give allies your passive, and they're not stuck to a fixed speed that messes up their tempo because it decays with decelerating movement and resets on backflip.

Win win

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

in addition, you also still able to give allies your passive, and they're not stuck to a fixed speed that messes up their tempo because it decays with decelerating movement and resets on backflip.

So now I've varied speed that I cannot turn off. Not to mention that varies. Anything that touches allies should be buff. This isn't in all cases.

18 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

But what do you think about the original idea of this thread, should Volt's speed become his passive? I feel like having a natural, raw flow of speed without casting abilities, just by running is an excellent idea.

That would be interesting but as @Circle_of_Psi mentioned, it would be nerfed A LOT. Look at passives. Caliboy has only 50% (for teammates) damage reduction. Xaku has only 25% for himself (+50% from 4th ability). There are some passives that are bad or very niche.

I imagine if that were his passive it would be 25%. At this point whole "incremental" thing would be silly. And if you give 25% at the start... then it's not passive.

20 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Too powerful for just a passive, and not good if I ever want to play Volt without using Speed

19 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Kinda sounds like more OP Gauss.

probably, by the way...I love his original current passive, I just wish I can use it more often, it takes a whole minute to stack for only 1 hit damage.

26 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

They'd porb have to somewhat nerf his speed, cuz otherwise you'll be zipping aorund the map like crazy, but I do like this idea

yeah, and if that's the case I will prefer it to stay as it is, because it's such a good ability anyway. 

21 minutes ago, quxier said:

So now I've varied speed that I cannot turn off. Not to mention that varies. Anything that touches allies should be buff. This isn't in all cases.

That would be interesting but as @Circle_of_Psi mentioned, it would be nerfed A LOT. Look at passives. Caliboy has only 50% (for teammates) damage reduction. Xaku has only 25% for himself (+50% from 4th ability). There are some passives that are bad or very niche.

I imagine if that were his passive it would be 25%. At this point whole "incremental" thing would be silly. And if you give 25% at the start... then it's not passive.

What do you think should be done about Volt's passive? buff it? change it? 

12 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

probably, by the way...I love his original current passive, I just wish I can use it more often, it takes a whole minute to stack for only 1 hit damage.

You could do fun things with it while fishing.

Whatever makes it where Speed is only localized to Volt. If there ever was a list of mistakes the previous team did, reversing the change to Speed back to it being an instant team effecting buff due to the stupidity of the player base would be one of them. Honestly given that Speed is only 25 energy they clearly want Volt to be able to have it up a bunch however it's jarring whenever you're getting it semi-randomly. Not to mention all Volts lobotomize their duration so you have to deal with it every 4 seconds. So just contently, burr burr burr burr burr along with the Vaseline smear blur on your screen.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

It's fine in concept, but it's the part where it gets depleted immediately on the first attack that feels weak, and it could be changed so that it only gradually depletes as you deal damage like a fuel meter or battery

I don't think I'd want him to just zoom constantly. 

Volt can be a very position based frame where moving that quickly would easily get him killed. I get why players can get annoyed at a Volt player who dumps his most important stat (Duration) so maybe they could put a minimal time period to affect allies without doing anything too evasive.

I think it's interesting to read it would be too strong given his passive can be geared around to be incredibly strong. Tap firing weapons like Synapse, Amprex or back in the day when Gas was good it was 3x damage on Lanka. Curious if they ever fixed the Shotgun 1 pellet interaction. It's a wonky passive to be sure.

Volt mostly needs some QoL. Like not dropping his Shield when he performs certain actions. Having a shield carry time indicator so you can track it separate from his placed shields. Having an indicator so other players know if they can pick up his shields or not. Like all the frames with Elemental buffs/augments Shock Trooper should be it's own instance of damage to make modding and Arcanes more interesting.

Too this day I kinda miss the electronics exploding interaction of Overload. The VFX on the new version also look rushed to me.

Not a win/win. I hate Volt's ability to spam his speed boost on me as it is, have to back flip/back glide(wisp) to shake off that annoying "buff" every time it's cool down is over.

I would rather it be set to only work in volt itself.

If I want a speed buff I will use wisp and the speed mot of hers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Sounds a bit too powerful for passive.

May as well be a passive for Wisp given how little effort is required to maintain it, and her current passive is already busted on top of that.

Actually, a better option for Volt would be that he automatically casts Speed for himself that lasts like 5 or so seconds whenever he casts an ability, and then a second version could just be a ramped up version of the Speed augment since the OP's suggestion for a second ability replacement just sounds like the augment for his first ability on way too many steroids.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Magician_NG said:

Volts on Hydron...constantly running out of runway and into walls.

Sounds like fun.

Ice Cube Reaction GIF

Hahahha, feel the same pain as we do. I think it's good. Increase speed via x10 at least. *throllface*

3 hours ago, Prof-Dante said:
3 hours ago, quxier said:

I don't know about any change so I would buff it. New passive would scale with weapon/strength/etc. Let's say plus 1-25% electric damage/status to any attack for 2 seconds based on travel distance (like now). So basically more damage/status + some short "easy" time ala Whisp's passive.

There was a topic about Volt recently. A small speed bonus is not enough. His problem is the short skill duration and the terrible overview for 1st (aug) + 2nd skill duration. That is exactly the reason why I don't play Volt.

Active on Volt only?  He can't force me to move at stupidly fast speeds?  SOLD!

Seriously, like 90% of the time when I'm stuck with a Volt who spams speed, I'm faster without their speed than they are with it.  Granted, I am usually playing Titania when this happens, but even still.  I don't want their speed.  I never want their speed.

And yes, I know how to cancel his speed, but I shouldn't have to do that every 2 seconds because they're mindlessly spamming it the whole mission.

Edited by (PSN)Lollybomb
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Prof-Dante said:

Speed is always active on Volt only.

this'd make him too fast. all other speed frames like Gauss, Titania and Nezha would have to either be given their speed passively or it wouldn't be fair, but I doubt DE would do this. plus some tilesets really aren't built for speeding (Earth and Eris are great examples).

I think a good passive would be for him to generate energy passively while sprinting. there's a character in another game I play, The First Descendant, who is a speedster that uses electricity, who has this as their primary method of generating energy for their abilities. it encourages you to keep moving and keep zapping at all times, which is how I always figured DE wanted Volt to be like as well.

The only way I'd ever use Volt with that passive is if it had an Augment to disable it. As are there tilesets that are too cramped to make use of Speed and it can even be detrimental on them. But also a variable speed buff you have no real control over just sounds annoying to get used to. 

I think it just makes more sense to buff his lackluster Passive. 

- The charge now has three levels, your 1 actually increases the charge, your 2 takes 1 charge, your 3 takes 2 and your 4 takes all of them.

- Volt now just receives the extra raw electric damage to his weapons without consuming charge, increasing with each level, until you purposefully consume by casting.

- Consuming a charge still adds the damage as it currently does to abilities, but the damage is now 2000 at base, and increases by another 2000 for each level of the charge, capping out at 6000.

- Transistor Shield has its value reduced to 100%, but actions Volt performs now fill up the charge faster in general.

Edited by (XBOX)Graysmog