Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.13.8

DE_Adam

in case you haven't read the multiple educative threads regarding the R5C issue:

-the R5C drop rate in T4S was halved, and now shares its rotation A spot with orokin cells, an item that can easily be farmed outside of the void and has no business being in there

-your 5-15 every 40min run is nothing compared to the solid 15-20 per run it was before. In fact, it was so common that prime parts appearing in rotation A is considered the lucky strike.

-the drop rate of R5C packs in solar chart missions is still much lower than even the nerfed T4S drop rate. A lot of people have posted their experience with them already

-everyone's raging because R5 cores are constantly needed by all players due to the sheer amount of R10 mods to max, as well as new primed mods being released every 2 weeks that need even more cores to max.

It's not about sources of farming R5C being spread out in missions other than just T4S, (which is still nice, mind you) but more about having an actual consistent rate of farming them. The only thing DE did with all these changes is increase the amount of time it takes for people to grind for cores and max out their mods, which is (yet again) something completely contradictory to DE's desire to 'reduce the grind.'

I see.

Oki. I agree. Did some fast test runs with someone right now and had no R5 whatsoever. I hate when luck gets me on the wrong side of the argument.

I am also hating the shield deplete animation. The flash on my screen is bothersome and useless. The sound is loud enough to deaf me anyway.

Also against the new aiming system where bombards seem to be trained snipers besides their huge defensive and offensive capabilities. Nowdays they can predict your moves through portals with that Ogris. Imagine their skill lvl.

Also against the fact that when I get proc dmg my screen is filled with them indicators. I dont need half a screen of icons to tell me i`m losing HP.

Also against the Syndicates occupying half my screen when `im solving a cypher.

Also against the fact that every mob was buffed in the last 2 months and Ember got nerfed to make her more viable.

This game developed in such a way these past 2-3 months that at its current pace, in 3-5 months it will be completely different from what Warframe set out to be.

I am sad, disappointed with the Devs and quite un-impressed by their efforts to "please" us by making everything harder.

Dont take this wrong, I like challenges, but this is not a challenge anymore, this is utter mockery.

Edited by Elannor

They were never removed in the first place.. 

I saw everyone complaining about it and did some T4 survivals to check myself and bam. 5-15 cores every 40 min run. Still there after extraction.

Also they "added" them back into lvl 20+ missions last hotfix.

No clue why chat and forums is raging about R5`s...

They were never removed in the first place.. 

I saw everyone complaining about it and did some T4 survivals to check myself and bam. 5-15 cores every 40 min run. Still there after extraction.

Also they "added" them back into lvl 20+ missions last hotfix.

No clue why chat and forums is raging about R5`s...

Update:

After reading each other's posts Elannor (see above post) and I play tested three games: Sedna, Grineer (lvl20+); Uranus, Grineer (lvl20+); and Void T4 Survival (15 mins). Not only did we NOT receive any x5 R5 core rewards--on any map--but we also noted seeing silver cores dropping in the Void. Twice. 

Two days testing has demonstrated that contrary to what little has been explained: no x5 R5 cores are dropping as stated in the previous hotfix and there is no fix in this hotfix that addresses this problem.

Admittedly, while this testing is not exhaustive, it is quite conclusive. 

So, again, DE--can you PLEASE address this as receiving a ridiculous TWO (that's right, TWO) R5 cores for two days playing is as absolutely outrageous as it is absolutely unacceptable. 

Speaking on behalf of the community who I have played with over the last 36hrs--please correct the x5 R5 Core drops. 

Thank you.

Crossfire Intercept. Please please please please please.

This is strange, because my first interaction w/ crossfire came in a solo spy mission. It was awesome. I happened to be using Loki and backtracked a little and found a bunch of grineer running around on a corpus ship. I thought it was a bug at first but then I ran into more corpus and they all started shooting at each other. I finished off the spy mission basically only killing what was immediately in my way.

Still no fix for...bug on the mirage quest line. Where I completed the mission to obtain the chassis and did not obtain the chassis because I was afk during the mission because I had stuff to do. The quest is telling me to make the chassis but could not do so being that it is not in my inventory. Please fix this I would love to play as mirage it is one of the many awesome warframes out there

Still no fix for end of mission screens bugging out, and requiring restarting the game.  This issue was supposedly fixed in 15.13.2, but I'm seeing it again on 2/11/2015, 12:40 AM EST.  I've linked to a picture. 

vt2NqKh.jpg

Kinda tired of this.  First things are broken, then "fixed", then the next patch breaks them again.  Between this and the either breaking or stealth nerfing of the Kohm (maximum ammo consumption has somehow been capped at 2-3 rounds when "spooled up," and this occured within the past three updates) this is the worst set of updates I've experienced since the botched archwing roll out.

DE, please listen.  We like the game, and that's why we take time to come onto a forum and post about the bugs.  If I hated the game I'd just stop playing.  Honestly though, this is getting to the point of breaking.  Either wait to release until you've reasonably tested, or give us some way to have "stable" builds between all of this patching.  I'd give up, the admittedly much improved, stealth 2.0 missions if I could just remain on a stable build that doesn't find new ways to fail after every patch. 

Edit:

I have another instance of this.  9:40 AM EST, 2/11/15, forma blueprint alert on Sedna. 

1:50 PM EST, 2/11/15, standard exterminate mission on Saturn (I believe Telestro, but can't confirm it).

Confirmation at 3:00 PM EST, 2/11/15, Telestro.  This exterminate mission consistently leads to game breaking completion windows.

You know what, maybe it's just Saturn.  4:15 PM EST, 2/11/15, Aegean.  Same exact failure.  This is getting unreasonable.

Once is a fluke, twice is a pattern, and three times prooves a genuine failure.If I get to four times I'm done until the next update, and will not be buying platinum for at least two months.

Edit:

Kohm wasn't nerfed -__-

You've obviously not used the Kohm recently, have you?  Pellet count is way down, and the effective area is an absolute joke.  I used to be able to spray a group of enemies, and inflict viral procs relatively efficiently.  The ammo consumption when spooled up was somewhere between 8-10 pellets per shot,  I just pulled it out of storage today to try and run an ODS, and the spooling up took longer, and my ammo consumption was almost negligible.  Using this as a status blanket is no longer viable.

Looking at the original release, you burned through ammo insanely fast.  This was patched to more damage per pellet, with a slower firing rate.  This final patch has kept damage consistent, but decreased pellet count.  Honestly, this means a fun weapon is now trash.  The fact that DE never stated this change means either they broke it, or they're altering the mechanics to make things weaker.  It's a way to deal with power creep, but to do so without even saying anything is pretty insufferable.

Assuming the best, this is just a very poorly executed patch.  The Panthera was broken for a while (alt fire wouldn't consume ammo), but that was recently fixed.  I'm hoping the Kohm is the same.  If this isn't the case, shotguns have the most mods in the game, but the only shotgun worth having is the Boar Prime.  The Kohm was a unique and useful weapon, but if it doesn't have this stealth nerf revoked it's getting sold and I'm done with this game. 

This isn't about one gun, but about a lack of honesty and cavalier attitude toward players that DE has demonstrated in the past few months.  If you remove the Beta tag from your product you'd better release stable product.  Calling your updates beta, but forcing people to download them, means your game is beta.  Somehow other F2P developers have amazing content, events, and still release stable products.  If DE can't be honest, and can't release good product, then they don't deserve my money.

If I can't count on honesty and transparency from a developer I'm never going to give them a penny.  With F2P games people paying for services is how the game is sustained.  I have no qualms in demonstrating my distaste by never paying a developer for dishonest behavior. 

Edited by masterofdetiny

Update:

After reading each other's posts Elannor (see above post) and I play tested three games: Sedna, Grineer (lvl20+); Uranus, Grineer (lvl20+); and Void T4 Survival (15 mins). Not only did we NOT receive any x5 R5 core rewards--on any map--but we also noted seeing silver cores dropping in the Void. Twice. 

Two days testing has demonstrated that contrary to what little has been explained: no x5 R5 cores are dropping as stated in the previous hotfix and there is no fix in this hotfix that addresses this problem.

Admittedly, while this testing is not exhaustive, it is quite conclusive. 

the R5C packs do drop in tier 3 (lv20+) survival and interception like Nuovo, Palus, Yemaja, etc, but right now they share the rotation A drop list with multiple other items. This essentially makes its drop rate too low to be anything less than grinding at least 4 times as much just to get the same output as a single T4S run pre-15.13.

Rotation A for those missions still contain rewards players don't need from mid-level content like puny credit caches and unimportant mods that can be farmed elsewhere.

All this talk about kohm nerfing. I built one shortly after it came out, liked it, but had other priorities so I let it sit. When I decided to clean the dust off, I remodded it and took it for a spin, made a couple adjustments, now it's golden. One of my top 3 go-to primaries after soma p and gorgon prisma (which did take A LOT of building at first).

I didn't use the kohm enough after it was released or consistently enough to see the progression, or regression, however you want to look at it. My kohm reks with only 1 forma. If yours doesn't then maybe you should try some different mods, but as it stands now, I don't see the kohm as anything worth complaining about.

the R5C packs do drop in tier 3 (lv20+) survival and interception like Nuovo, Palus, Yemaja, etc, but right now they share the rotation A drop list with multiple other items. This essentially makes its drop rate too low to be anything less than grinding at least 4 times as much just to get the same output as a single T4S run pre-15.13.

Rotation A for those missions still contain rewards players don't need from mid-level content like puny credit caches and unimportant mods that can be farmed elsewhere.

When you say the R5C packs "do drop" I'm afraid in my and my friends playing (perhaps 20hrs over the past 48) they, put simply, have not. After targeting them for previously mentioned hours (i.e., 20) my friends and I have yet to receive a single one. So, even you concede / admit to the rotation A drop being too low; the fact remains: nothing is nothing. That is precisely what has been received; that is why precisely modding--a large part of this game after all--cannot procede; and that is what precisely is killing the fun in this game. 

So, I thank you Xarugas for your explanation; I hope DE might be as forthcoming and will rectify the R5C packs soon.

*sighs* I have to post this once more because they refused to fix this or they missed it. I swear this better be fixed by U16, or im going to lose hope in DE

Still No Fix For:

No Mesa Bonuses 

https://forums.warfr...s/#entry4405263

Prime PBR Issues With Targis

https://forums.warfr...o-longer-prime/

https://forums.warfr...rime-accessory/

Prime PBR Issues With All Weapons & Warframes:

https://forums.warfr...e-gold-please/ 

https://forums.warfr...prime-parts-de/

Issue With Syndicate Syandana's Locking: 

https://forums.warfr...ter-productive/

Issue With Delayed Prime Rotation:

https://forums.warfr...014-2-months/  

I also ran into this issue. I recommend installing an wired XBOX 360 controller to be able to get out of this locked out page. I do not know exactly what causes the issue, but a quick way to get out of this screen is to press start on the game pad and use the menu that appears under this to launch a low-level mission that you will then abort as soon as you get into it.

Still no fix for end of mission screens bugging out, and requiring restarting the game.  This issue was supposedly fixed in 15.13.2, but I'm seeing it again on 2/11/2015, 12:40 EST.  I've linked to a picture. 

vt2NqKh.jpg

Kinda tired of this.  First things are broken, then "fixed", then the next patch breaks them again.  Between this and the either breaking or stealth nerfing of the Kohm (maximum ammo consumption has somehow been capped at 2-3 rounds when "spooled up," and this occured within the past three updates) this is the worst set of updates I've experienced since the botched archwing roll out.

DE, please listen.  We like the game, and that's why we take time to come onto a forum and post about the bugs.  If I hated the game I'd just stop playing.  Honestly though, this is getting to the point of breaking.  Either wait to release until you've reasonably tested, or give us some way to have "stable" builds between all of this patching.  I'd give up, the admittedly much improved, stealth 2.0 missions if I could just remain on a stable build that doesn't find new ways to fail after every patch. 

Edit:

You've obviously not used the Kohm recently, have you?  Pellet count is way down, and the effective area is an absolute joke.  I used to be able to spray a group of enemies, and inflict viral procs relatively efficiently.  The ammo consumption when spooled up was somewhere between 8-10 pellets per shot,  I just pulled it out of storage today to try and run an ODS, and the spooling up took longer, and my ammo consumption was almost negligible.  Using this as a status blanket is no longer viable.

Looking at the original release, you burned through ammo insanely fast.  This was patched to more damage per pellet, with a slower firing rate.  This final patch has kept damage consistent, but decreased pellet count.  Honestly, this means a fun weapon is now trash.  The fact that DE never stated this change means either they broke it, or they're altering the mechanics to make things weaker.  It's a way to deal with power creep, but to do so without even saying anything is pretty insufferable.

Assuming the best, this is just a very poorly executed patch.  The Panthera was broken for a while (alt fire wouldn't consume ammo), but that was recently fixed.  I'm hoping the Kohm is the same.  If this isn't the case, shotguns have the most mods in the game, but the only shotgun worth having is the Boar Prime.  The Kohm was a unique and useful weapon, but if it doesn't have this stealth nerf revoked it's getting sold and I'm done with this game. 

This isn't about one gun, but about a lack of honesty and cavalier attitude toward players that DE has demonstrated in the past few months.  If you remove the Beta tag from your product you'd better release stable product.  Calling your updates beta, but forcing people to download them, means your game is beta.  Somehow other F2P developers have amazing content, events, and still release stable products.  If DE can't be honest, and can't release good product, then they don't deserve my money.

If I can't count on honesty and transparency from a developer I'm never going to give them a penny.  With F2P games people paying for services is how the game is sustained.  I have no qualms in demonstrating my distaste by never paying a developer for dishonest behavior.

Still no fix for:

Broken capture missions. People ( seems to be whoever isn't hosting ) get stuck in animation when capturing. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/397739-capture-stuck-in-capture-animation/

Nova's Energy trails on Null Star. They aren't there!

Terrible Life Support drops from enemies in survival without Nekros. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/398258-life-support/

Loot containers missing from defense missions. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/397993-semeini-ceres-missing-crates-crates-not-spawning/

Synoid Syandana unable to proc glow due to "Codex Entry Complete". https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/393175-cephalon-suda-syandana-scan-runs-out-of-scans-idea-how-about-mods-instead/#entry4339968

Enter key not working properly for chat. In addition to the problem mentioned in this thread, I also find that I have to hit enter more than once for a message to actually send. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/397248-cannot-type-when-chat-is-bound-to-enter/

Thanks for the other updates and fixes!

Still no fix for:

parry counter glitch 

It's harder to replicate on stairs if done at an angle but if we have back to the wall = death fall.

It's not just slant surfaces, we glitch through everything. It looks horrible, we can see broken textures and space geometry and still get stuck/die. Please revise it until it's solved. Thank you.

Video from 15.13.8 obviously

Edited by Sannidor

Still No Fix For:

No Mesa Bonuses 

https://forums.warfr...s/#entry4405263

Prime PBR Issues With Targis

https://forums.warfr...o-longer-prime/

https://forums.warfr...rime-accessory/

Prime PBR Issues With All Weapons & Warframes:

https://forums.warfr...e-gold-please/ 

https://forums.warfr...prime-parts-de/

Issue With Delayed Prime Rotation:

https://forums.warfr...014-2-months/  

What's bugged with Mesa? The passives that she launched with weren't all suppose to be implemented, I showed this with the information from Dev stream 43, were they talked about her passives.

Agree with the stuff about PBR.

Delayed Prime Rotations? Its been 2 months, just going on 3 since nova prime was released, just wait, the next prime will most likely come either end of this month or beginning of next month, also that's not a bug so they can't just fix it, DE are probably still making the stuff in the next Prime Access.

All this talk about kohm nerfing. I built one shortly after it came out, liked it, but had other priorities so I let it sit. When I decided to clean the dust off, I remodded it and took it for a spin, made a couple adjustments, now it's golden. One of my top 3 go-to primaries after soma p and gorgon prisma (which did take A LOT of building at first).

I didn't use the kohm enough after it was released or consistently enough to see the progression, or regression, however you want to look at it. My kohm reks with only 1 forma. If yours doesn't then maybe you should try some different mods, but as it stands now, I don't see the kohm as anything worth complaining about.

So let's be reasonable here.  You've admitted to ignorance on the previous features of the gun.  You've admitted to basically building the thing for all out damage.  This means you're ignorant to the change, so you've got no place to say that nothing was changed.

All of the above means you saying that there was no appreciable change is unreasonable.  If you're going to talk about something, then make sure your facts are straight prior to talking about it.  This is the reason I don't talk about Ember's recent changes, and I don't throw my opinion in whenever people talk about it.  Ignorance may be bliss, but it makes you look unreasonable in a discussion.

If all you're looking for in a gun is DPS, then power to you.  By that logic 98-99% of the weapons in this game are useless and only exist as a grind wall to get to whatever mastery rank you require for your weapons of choice.  I, and DE from the way they focus on weapons as content, believe that weapons should be more than what has the highest DPS.  If this was the logic we'd have maybe a dozen different weapons, with three power iterations.  The MK-1 boar, boar, and boar prime would be the only shotguns you'd need.  Thanks, but this is Warframe, not Counterstrike or CoD.

R5's Are Broken, R5's Are Broken, R5's Are Broken...... I Am A Robot, I Am A Robot, I Am A Robot...... Oh wait, no im not, i just did not get enough R5's to feed my Orokin Cells...... I mean Brain Cells.

Dont worries ladies and gents, if i know DE they will fix this issue soon, they always listen to the players and will respond soon with a fix to these issues, give them chance i mean you wont see another game company still this enthusiastic after almost 2 years and still regular updates. Look forward to the upcoming patches.

Edited by Uber_Skills