Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

22 minutes ago, (PS4)hjoseph2099 said:

dumb question- besides a new story quest and getting Umbra Prime- Excal - is there anything esle?

We have very little idea. Odds are good for a variety of other new content - new weapons are pretty much guaranteed but we don't know about them short of Ballas's sword which we aren't even sure what that does yet - but odds are good for some expansions to core systems. Probably some focus expansions, additions to Warframe gameplay (WF/OP fighting together is a common idea) and people are also betting on that 'Helminth Alchemy' idea that was brought up ages ago, thanks to the 'Helminth' reference that is in the hypesite. So, yeah, lots of new toys from a mechanical sense.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)hjoseph2099 said:

dumb question- besides a new story quest and getting Umbra Prime- Excal - is there anything esle?

I expect we'll at least get two swords - Ballas' long sword (is it a two-handed katana, a heavy sword, or a regular sword?) and the Vitruvian sword as a regular Umbra sword (it's got the Umbra emblem on it). I also expect a remote-control-warframe expansion to the Focus system (this could be the Umbra system, idk). We might get some other stuff related to the quest as well, like some glyphs (we know we're probably getting the Cherry Tree glyph at the end of the quest). The new Prime frame might also come with it depending on when The Sacrifice releases.

I'm pretty sure DE will get it out as soon as its ready regardless if its a weekend release or not.

The teasers are worrisome for me, from everything that was shown and Orokin letters, it ties between Helminth, Sentients, What Umbra actually is, Operators, Lotus, Ballas, And the Orokin.

Now that's a lot to put into a 1-2 hour quest. hopefully it isn't cluttered. more doesn't necessarily mean better.

1 hour ago, (PS4)hjoseph2099 said:

Correction: It's not Umbra prime, it's just Umbra, Umbra Prime was exclusive to Chinaframe.

This however does not mean it's not the same model because it still is, the only thing that changes is the name from Excalibur Umbra Prime to Excalibur Umbra, and with some probability of changed abilities (this bit is Unknown at least for now).

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-

53 minutes ago, Midrib said:

I'm pretty sure DE will get it out as soon as its ready regardless if its a weekend release or not.

The teasers are worrisome for me, from everything that was shown and Orokin letters, it ties between Helminth, Sentients, What Umbra actually is, Operators, Lotus, Ballas, And the Orokin.

Now that's a lot to put into a 1-2 hour quest. hopefully it isn't cluttered. more doesn't necessarily mean better.

Is it only 1-2 hours?

7 hours ago, Tellakey said:

Tried looking for this legend, couldn't find it 😞

Care to elaborate on its source? I love folkloric stories and parables.

I presume, from what I've read on Yurei and Japanese folklore, that the samurai died in hopes of becoming a kami, a natural spirit that resides in matter and objects.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/shi/kwaidan/kwai14.htm

^My guess is that this story is the inspiration for the Cherry Tree symbolism in the upcoming Sacrifice Quest.

In Japanese the terminology is “to act as a substitute”, lending further support to my speculation.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 1

Been replaying cinematics, think there's any meaning behind the purple trail in Apostasy Prologue playing what sounds like a corrupted (as in twisted, not the faction) version of "This is What You Are"? Been trying to hunt for clues like the quest page alluded to.

6 minutes ago, Magneu said:

Been replaying cinematics, think there's any meaning behind the purple trail in Apostasy Prologue playing what sounds like a corrupted (as in twisted, not the faction) version of "This is What You Are"? Been trying to hunt for clues like the quest page alluded to.

I think it's as simple as the regular version, but without the 'mother' section. There's a single female voice separate from the choir in the regular version, but there's only the choir in that song. So it probably represents the Lotus leaving us.

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I think it's as simple as the regular version, but without the 'mother' section. There's a single female voice separate from the choir in the regular version, but there's only the choir in that song. So it probably represents the Lotus leaving us.

I noticed that part missing, but there were sudden slides and other "glitches" in the song, i.e. it sounded very off. There's also what appears to be some Tennobet on the sides of the pod Lotus sits in as well, forgot to get a screenshot though. 

12 minutes ago, Magneu said:

I noticed that part missing, but there were sudden slides and other "glitches" in the song, i.e. it sounded very off. There's also what appears to be some Tennobet on the sides of the pod Lotus sits in as well, forgot to get a screenshot though. 

Maybe it references the Transference static Ballas gives us during the cutscene? That said, it's odd we experience transference static. Transference static only occurs when the link between Tenno and Warframe is damaged or disrupted, say when the Tenno is injured or when something is overriding the transmission. Why would Ballas interacting with Lotus cause a static surge? Curious. I'm tempted to say that we weren't there physically and we were somehow viewing an image of ourselves through the Warframe, but we have the physical helmet. Evidently, we were actually there. And if there's static-y stuff in the music, it's evident it's relevant, since the music mirrors the events - loss of that vocal part and now the static.

58 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Maybe it references the Transference static Ballas gives us during the cutscene? That said, it's odd we experience transference static. Transference static only occurs when the link between Tenno and Warframe is damaged or disrupted, say when the Tenno is injured or when something is overriding the transmission. Why would Ballas interacting with Lotus cause a static surge? Curious. I'm tempted to say that we weren't there physically and we were somehow viewing an image of ourselves through the Warframe, but we have the physical helmet. Evidently, we were actually there. And if there's static-y stuff in the music, it's evident it's relevant, since the music mirrors the events - loss of that vocal part and now the static.

Good points! The Continuity attempt by the Elder Queen was also causing distortions in our transference link and if its Ballas, he likely has fail-safes regarding himself put into Margulis's Somatic link protocols.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/shi/kwaidan/kwai14.htm

^My guess is that this story is the inspiration for the Cherry Tree symbolism in the upcoming Sacrifice Quest.

In Japanese the terminology is “to act as a substitute”, lending further support to my speculation.

Awww it's a Kaidan, I think I might actually have it somewhere round here.

Thanks a bunch :D

2 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

So I was replaying The Second Dream and for the life of me I can't remember whether this image of Hunhow is a new thing:

20180607075712_1.jpg 20180607075722_1.jpg 20180607075723_1.jpg

Still looks like charred Lotus.

That's how I remember it from when I played it so I think it's still the same.

1 minute ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Still looks like charred Lotus.

That's how I remember it from when I played it so I think it's still the same.

I rather meant the posture of Hunhow holding the War, but after taking a look at a Youtuber doing TSD from two years ago I realized it was nothing new.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

This basically sums up the Umbra situation.

At least i'm safe, my super hype is just for Umbra (I mean the model, colors, style, not the abilities powers etc)

So even do I'm now overhyping the model, it's just the model and scarf, no more.