Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

1 hour ago, Sir_Alex_Traffo said:

It's unlikely that they'll release at the same time.

Steve said that Plains of Eidolon should release anytime between August-October, with Sacrifice quest coming after that, possibly by the end of the year; considering that, you should get the open world update in 2017 and probably the new quest early 2018.

This is, of course, if nothing wrong happens.

And we know that something wrong will happen. Remember The War Within.

But there's nothing bad in that, as it provides us a better update !

28 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

If this is the case then it really isn't an Open world and more of really big fixed tileset.

? It's still the same thing. If there's are multiple objectives or PoIs, in a wide open space, then it can be considered an open world. 

The term refers to freedom of direction, not size or player count.

14 minutes ago, Dycoth said:

And we know that something wrong will happen. Remember The War Within.

But there's nothing bad in that, as it provides us a better update !

The War Within is the main reason why I think this time will be different. 

They learned not to announce and hype things that are way too early into development; besides, remember that Harrow was supposed to be U20.8 so something big was planned for U21 which was definitely not planned for November. 

While Harrow being U21 might have pushed away the actual update, I'm confident it'll be released in the time frame Steve gave us. 

1 hour ago, Bobfishkins23 said:

if the whole zone was fully loaded between the two doors, we would be between the doors for multiple minutes, you can load an area of a game without a loading screen, but its usually offscreen

The zone is most likely loaded like any other map. There was a seamless transition between the two doors, which would be impossible if the plains would be loaded at runtime between these small sections, so the plains are most likely already loaded right when you jump out of the Liset.

With the new playground coming at the end of the summer, what preparations will you take to be ready when it comes out? Weapons? Warframes? Resources? I'd like to know what you guys are getting ready as well so I can build a better to-do-list. 

Here's what I do know about PoE:

• Archwings are allowed with little to no restrictions on their powers thus far. 
  • Arch weapons are a no go. (Something to do with gravity)
  • Resources used in Cetus are farm-able from PoE but there was not explicit mention of not using credits, ducats and plat as supplementary resources. Plats in particular were tweeted to be of a rare use resource. 
  • Literally every transaction in the game apart from the market requires credits so I don't see a reason why DE wouldn't require credits in Cetus as well. 
  • Enemies will most commonly be grineer lvl 20-40?. So easy peasy.
  • New enemy is so far a world boss type thing so ready those endgame guns to farm the thing.

Here's my to-do-list:

• Forma up the archwings specifically Iztal(utility/fast travel), Elytron(nuke dat dirt!), and Amesha(immortality).
  • Ready those anti grineer weapons and builds.
  • Stock up on credits, plats, ducats just in case they will be of use in Cetus.
  • Stock up on all resources just in case they'll be needed as well. They really might as well at this point because the grineer were at least mid-tier difficulty which means most people playing PoE must have access to all the resources(poly bundles, neural sensors, OROKIN cells). 

Also, woooooo new stuff to do in Warframe!!!! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! 

2 hours ago, Sir_Alex_Traffo said:

It's unlikely that they'll release at the same time.

Steve said that Plains of Eidolon should release anytime between August-October, with Sacrifice quest coming after that, possibly by the end of the year; considering that, you should get the open world update in 2017 and probably the new quest early 2018.

This is, of course, if nothing wrong happens.

That was Steve's overly optimistic "if everything goes as planned" estimate 

Everything definitely wont go as planned, expect early 2018 on PC at best.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

DE plans to release PoE and the end of summer on PC, which would be late August to early September.  After that DE needs time for bug fixes, so I wouldn't expect it to arrive on consoles until late October to early November.  When we get PoE, at that point PC should get The Sacrifice in November.  The time crunch would be severe, but there's a chance we'll see The Sacrifice on consoles at Christmas.  But I wouldn't hold my breath.

I agree that we on console will for sure be getting PoE this year. I also agree with what you said about The Sacrifice; as normally I would say that we will for sure be getting The Sacrifice this year...it really depends on the date they release PoE and how fast the PC players can find all the game breaking bugs and how long it takes to fix them. 

Plus, if we do in fact get Umbra from The Sacrifice they will have to fix Umbra bugs before we on console get it...Now that I say that all I think the only way for sure we console users will get The Sacrifice this year(2017) is if:

• PoE is released on PC early to mid Augest
  • The Sacrifice is released on pc late October 
  • Umbra has all the same powers and animation sets as Excal

It may sound like I am being overly dramatic, but keep in mind that PoE is warframes first shot at open world, so expect bugs, and even more with the crafting system...

Side note: I wonder about MR and riven mods with crafted weapons...

if we have to do tww (and maybe an other cinematic quest for the plains itself) i think we can hope in a 35+ lvl of enemies, not a big challene if you want to cheese the content, but still not so weak enemies if you want to have a peaceful live in the plains

Hmm regarding the whole POE thing (im new so im not familiar yet with all the story). Its been said that some of the tenno were killed.And it also been said that will be a new sentient that is capable of reviving the dead ones. What if the tenno when they realized their possible end transfered their mind with transference stuff, i mean the spiritual part into the warframes, like really bonding with the frame making a complete being ? Instead of controling them they become them, same mind but forever locked in a new body therefore creating the  "Umbras". 
   Personally i would like a full on 3 sided fight. Tenno+umbra vs Sentient vs orokin(presumably some were hiding in the void? ) aka The New War.
PS :The umbras to be  kinda like the stalker, but at a much bigger level

Edited by GrimDelta

Just now, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Meh, I'm not big on common customization options (prime accessory all the things!).

I just want to know if the rewards will be worth my time.

I'm not going to fish and hunt for hours just to dress my operator up like a one of those Cetus islanders.

I definitely would spend days fishing. First of all, fishing is fun. Secondly, the only means we have of dressing our operators right now is through plat which is at first understandable but in the long run disheartening (Fashion frame is endgame!!). 

As far as the rewards are concerned, I haven't even thought about it since I love open world stuff. World of Warcraft gamer for 3 years since the second expansion so I know all about grinding for resources in open world settings. One definite reward would be suit powered operators which they claim would be able to fight along side their frames on par. I understand the weapon customization wouldn't be too attractive since the weapons would most likely be a class or two below primes but still.   

1 minute ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Most likely quest locked as well probably TWW as well.

Doesn't apply to me but yeah you're totally right. I completely forgot about quest requirements since i'm up to date. Good call.

5 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

I find it hard to believe they will let us use our normal archwings with all their powers. It will surely be a simple deployable for the sake of more mobility, nothing more.

How am I getting ready? I'm always ready!

The odonata was able to use its rocket barrage so the elytron could also nuke the base camp. I do expect DE to put a lot of limitations though so you do have a point. 

I don't really think that the Plains of Eidolon will be locked behind the main quests, as that would exclude a whole lot of players, which would be kind of counterproductive, seeing as I think DE would want to have as many players explore and enjoy their new and most outstanding update as possible. Which would be all of them. Obviously, you might have to at least own an archwing, so a little questing is involved, but locking it behind completing TWW would be a bad move, in my humble opinion, because for mediocre, or rather, non-grinding players, it would be a pain to first finish all the quests up to that point.

As for how I would prepare for the update:

I'll definitely get a decent Archwing setup ready, to at least be able to get around fast and well-protected (seeing as the Grineer rock heavy artillery around there, probably anti-air armaments as well). Another thing to consider is stockpiling on common and rare resources, as they will most likely be a requirement for the majority of the things we can do/build around there. 

Other than that, there is not much left for me to do, because almost all of my frames are ready for the Eidolons :D

Well, at least in theory, because we don't know if these guys will be a "common" occurrence, and thus rather "simple" to fight (shoot it until it's dead) or if they will be rare, and actual boss fights that will take some scripted moments and strategies to use, just like in 'Shadow of the Colossus'.

Just now, DesFrSpace said:

:laugh: Good One, :laugh:

And: Plain of Eidolon HAVE to required you done ARCHWING Quest like Uranus tile-set.

At this point who knows. Archwing will be optional in this new addition to Warframe and the Plains of Eidolon.
I don't know if it will require any prereqs to be filled or not, but I would assume not. As long as you have finished the main 'Archwing' Quest.

37 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

At this point who knows. Archwing will be optional in this new addition to Warframe and the Plains of Eidolon.
I don't know if it will require any prereqs to be filled or not, but I would assume not. As long as you have finished the main 'Archwing' Quest.

Well, not the plains.  Maybe if we get a Uranus OW island chain...