Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited Part 2

[DE]Connor

1 minute ago, Nathalieh said:

Are you kidding me? this is another broken mechanic right here, unless you all have trashed to the ground vex armor buffs recasting to keep the buffs forever is just ridiculous, if you guys are really going to do this the same should be done to to other warframes like loki, ash trinity, rhino, etc if you plan to break a warframe just to get people happy break all of the other ones too, having a warframe capable of dealing massive ammounts of damage and tank a lot of it for aslong as the user wants is just too much, having an invisible frame forever wouldn't be as bad because weapons wouldn't scale as well as if they were buffed with vex armor, and nor would it be having 3 enemies stripped of their armor at all times (trinity with her abating link augment also let her cast her link on the air for gods sake).

Woah woah woah buddy. Unlike those other abilities Chroma has to actually take damage to benefit from the ability. It’s not like Loki becomes visible, recasts his invisibility again only to become partially invisible and has to perform some kind of action to gain full invisibility during its duration time. This basically means that Chroma can rely less on self damage weapons to get the benefit as rapidly as he can and Chroma players won’t have to rely on as many duration mods and can focus more on efficiency to be able to recast the buff within it’s duratiin and actually be able to use his other drain abilities if he’s built for max power strength. Sure it’s a little strong but they are diminishing its damage output by a pretty large margin (it still will deal a lot of damage though). I do agree however that loki having an invisibility cast that cant be recast (as opposed to Octavia), doesn’t channel (as opposed to ivara), and hinders/halts movement (as opposed to ash) really makes loki feel a lot more rusted in movement and momentum despite his running speed and making you fall while wall clinging so why even use up his extended wall clinging time if you fall off every time you recast. I feel that a lot of abilities need to be changed to stop restricting movement outside of some aoe ults (frost running around while using avalanche wouldn’t make much sense since the initial cast’s parameters freezes enemies, it also doesn’t make frost incredibly vulnerable since it puts nearby surrounding enemies into time out). Loki haulting to disarm enemies with his ult is fine, but haulting to cast invisibility just feels like stab against quality of life.

While I totally agree that Banshee's RQ needed to be changed, the rest of her kit (maybe except sonar) falls short compared to other frames...
Banshee is squishy! So she should have some ways to properly defend herself. Other frames who are on the squishy also can do that: e.g. Zephyr with Turbulence, Nova's Null Star provides damage reduction and she can slow enemies, Volt has his shield, Mirage makes her doppelganger and has eclipse, etc.. Banshee' Silence can only stun enemies for a very short amount of time and is not even able recast it! Running back and forth in order ro reapply that stun is really no fun game play...
Personally I'd love to see that her kit gets a rework with cool synergies between abilities, but of course something like that does not pop out of nowhere. But simply making Silence recastable would be such a good quality of life change! I mean you give an already strong frame like Chroma the ability to buff his damage and defense basically forever and also to give that buff to the whole squad (18m base range for that vex aura is insane)

please stop buffing ember and mag...  im worried ull be like "whoops, too much" in a year.  :D    happy with all the changes so far. hyped to test.

one Thing tho, 3 forma?  some of us have all weapons in game ,all warframes and nearly every single one of em formad multiple times.

how about adding 1 forma for each formad item in inventory ? or something along those lines.

34 minutes ago, Aegni said:

It makes her 1 more viable because it becomes an ability that will have a strong initial burst, and leave an area of damage that will refresh her ticks.  This provides more damage and allows herto manipulate chokepoints WITHOUT having to stand in that chokepoint and risk taking damage.

Her 3 providing additional heat damage means she does not need to rely upon her augment, freeing a mod slot, and also allowing her to further multiply her damage to greater levels when used in conjunction with her 2.   It allows her to to place herself in a position where can be saferdue to being squishier. Now I am not saying its perfect, but it is significantly better than just nerfing her 4.  Both her 1 and 3 needed changes to make them more relevant towards her caster style. To suggest it isn't better when this change to her 1 alone allows her to work with chokepoints from a distance is just being unnecessarily negative.

Negativity isn't the point. I'm advocating for meaningful changes. It's a matter of function. Neither change adds anything to Ember's kit. A much larger AOE on her 2 augment that doesn't require whole team to stand in one place is outright better, and an instant add assuming you're not using gimped strength. Hell, her 1 augment is just a stronger single teammate version of her 2 augment. Players are asking for meaningful changes such as bringing back the survivability portion of Overheat, or ways to deal with armor - but this is more of what she already has. It's fine if you like these changes or think they're cool or whatever, but suggesting that this sufficient might lead DE stop here, and Ember would get nothing to assist her in high end content.

Ember:      

My strategy of using Ember as a melee brawler so that I move around a lot to gain advantage from enemy accuracy penalties and damage resistance from rolling is primarily designed to maximize the cc potential of world on fire, fire blast, and accelerant via panics and staggers. On the other hand:

The current outline for Fire Blast feels counter-intuitive to this. Not only does it heavily overlap with Ember's Fireball and Accelerant augs, it seems like it encourages standing in place, which isn't a good strategy even against Infested, and much less so for Ember in general given how squishy she is.

While this might be an okay outline at best against Infested and, to a lesser extent the Corpus, it seems downright suicidal against Grineer, which is a shame as Cloned Health is weak against heat.

Two ideas:

1. Heat Procs are altered so as to "superheat" armour for the duration of their proc, allowing heat damage to burn the enemy through their armour, or more mechanically, modifying their heat damage resistance to a 1.9x weakness. Given how armour works, this would essentially allow heat damage to act as though 90% of the armour's current value didn't exist, and allow Fire Blast to become a 6-second window of significantly boosted damage even against armoured enemies in a huge area, rather than relying on Fireball and World on Fire to only proc heat on a limited quantity of enemies.

2. If you're feeling generous, Fire Blast itself causes a debuff against enemies which causes Heat Damage to gain Finisher Damage properties and strike directly against Cloned Flesh. While this one is certainly stronger than the prior, it also links it directly to Ember instead of heat procs in general, preventing her 1 and 4 from causing it, or any heat status weapon really.

Either of those would significantly improve Fire Blast's usefulness tenfold as an ability.

Additionally, maybe Fire Blast could turn into... I don't know, Scorched Earth or something and torch the ground as the fire wave expands, causing enemies to take heat damage as they cross, kind of like Hallowed Ground, rather than leaving a limiting ring of fire. If this could be used to grant wide area damage, or at least lingering area damage, in lieu of World on Fire's alteration, I think people would be more accepting of it.

As I believe some others have mentioned, reducing World on Fire's range should come paired not just with increased damage, but increased targeting. I think it should be able to target six enemies simultaneously at the least if it's range is going to be reduced.

Chroma:      

While I think Vex Armour is definitely going in the right direction (recasting to maintain buffs and bigger aoe is good), I can't help but feel a little worried about his other abilities.

• Elemental Ward I really think needs to have its area of effect and duration increased at the very least. Furthermore the effects of every element aside from Ice are rather lacklustre and there's not a whole lot of reason to use anything but Ice. Given that there's only three other elements and that all they really need is some minor numerical tweaks, I really think this can be solved without outright nerfing Ice.
  • Spectral Scream is still heavily limited by the fact that it's a relatively low damage ability even after Vex Armour buffs and the fact that its AoE is pretty low and the fact that its status procs aren't guaranteed.
  • Effigy is still extremely lacklustre! Its energy cost is absolutely absurd for how ineffectual it is, it has health when it should REALLY be an immortal turret, and worst of all, it's actually expected to kill things! For increased credit gain! For the amount of energy it costs and the amount of life expectancy you lose, you'd really expect it to be at least within the general ballpark of Peacemaker, but it's not. There's also the fact that it amounts to the second channeled ability on Chroma, who is already a massive energy hog as he needs to maintain Ward and Vex for survival purposes.

I really strongly suggest that alterations at least along these lines get made:
    • Effigy has a 20m radius inside of which enemies have guaranteed credit drops and doubled credit gain, unrelated to its ability to actually kill anything. Radius is unmoddable.
    • If Effigy shall remain health-based, I strongly argue that it should become a duration-based ability which can be toggled off early if tapped again (recovering a percentage of its initial cast energy scaling down with remaining duration). If it shall remain channeled, I strongly argue that it shall become immortal.
    • Effigy will benefit from Vex Armour's bonuses at the least for as long as Chroma is within range for his aura to reach it - although I'd rather like for his Elemental Ward to also play a factor, that may be asking too much.
    • Spectral Scream will be further enhanced when casting it right next to Effigy, gaining additional range and damage.
  • The above alterations will essentially incentivize Chroma to operate around his Effigy without making it outright mandatory to do so.

I have an idea. How about Spectral Scream gets replaced with some sort of dragon roar that stuns enemies? It would make the skill useful above level 30, give Chroma CC when not using Effigy, and still fits with the character. I love Effigy, but having Chroma's CC be restricted to when Effigy feels like doing it restricts him a lot. That, and a lot of builds simply just can't afford to use Effigy.

TL;DR...read done.

"we’ve got some special rewards lined up:

• Login within 7 days of the update for an inbox message containing 3 x Forma and a 3 Day Affinity booster!
  • Console player will receive the same inbox message, by logging in when they get the build with aforementioned changes.
  • AFTER Friday's Devstream, ALL platforms will get BONUS Gift from the Lotus alerts this weekend with Orokin Reactors!"

7slcqiC.gif  ...to looking forward. :thumbup:

5 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

ASH:

• Reduced energy cost of Bladestorm ticks. (good)

ATLAS:

• Petrify is now a single cast instead of a channel ability, instantly Petrifying enemies in front of you regardless of level! (original petrify was bad, it slowed us down and made us vulnerable, now that the cc is a snappy effect that we can snap and coat things in stone for both extra health for our rumblers and our wall(which is still clunky BTW))
  • Rubble now has a singular decay, instead of each piece of rubble having its own set duration. Picking up more rubble delays the decay for a brief time.(good)(any plans to make it supportive?)
  • We may rebalance Ore Gaze for this rework, as players now have significantly more ways to Petrify enemies!(it has to be as effective as the farmers that we have now or you might as well get rid of it.)

BANSHEE:

• Although still a singular cast allowing free movement, Resonating Quake will only hit enemies once as it expands outward, dealing a mass of damage at once.(good)

CHROMA:

• Can cast other abilities while using Spectral Scream.(GOOD)
  • Spectral Scream damage now affected by Vex Armor damage buff.(GOOD)
  • Vex Armor aura range increased (currently 18 meters base range).(GOOD)
  • Vex Armor can now be recast to preserve accumulated buffs.(GOOD more than good, should have been in the game months ago)

EMBER:

• Fireball can now be held and charged for additional damage. Upon impact, Fireball will leave behind a Napalm-like flame that damages enemies.(GOOD)
  • Fire Blast will now add heat damage to weapons that fire through it.(GOOD)
  • ANY CHANGE FROM THE WOF?

GARA:

• Health gained by Mass Vitrify shown in a UI display.(GOOD)

MAG:

• Increased base energy pool (125 for Mag, 175 for Mag Prime).(GOOD)
  • Crush animations slightly sped up (GOOD/kinda limits her cc potential)(also will crush also use the polarize shards for additional damage? it does not now)
  • Augment for Polarize reworked - now reads: "Weapons hit by Polarize are jammed for 4 seconds. Robotic enemies hit by Polarize are disabled for 4 seconds."(BADmag has no cc this ability should be rolled into the ability and another should replace this)

VOLT:

• No changes at this time.(why does it take an augment for volt's shield to be picked up by the team, does he give his teammates before the mission handles for his shields or what?)

ZEPHYR:

• Tail Wind now costs half as much energy when cast in the air.(GOOD)
  • )Tail Wind does more damage.(GOOD)
  • Changed Dive Bomb augment into a Tail Wind augment - now reads: “Each enemy hit increases Tail Wind damage by 25%. Damage resets upon landing.”(Bad your going to land fairly often and not hit that many enemies in the air)
  • Dive Bomb can now fire on slight angles, as long as you’re looking mostly down.(OK i though that always was the case)
  • (Clarification: holding aim (default RMB) has a greater effect on steering Tornadoes.)(GOOD)

As a bonus, two more general changes you'll be happy to hear:

• Focus Passives now apply immediately upon loading into a mission, rather than requiring the brief Operator transition.(WOW GOOOOOOOOOD)
  • When interacting with nullifiers, power-created avatars (Atlas’ Rumblers, Nekros’ Shadows, etc) will have their health drained, instead of instantly disappearing.(OK good can the nekros shadows have their health drain remover altogether?)

Expect these changes to land on PC soon! Thanks everyone!

comments made in quote above

Just now, GarnetSan said:

Solo, Fire Blast does what her Accelerant's augment, but not using a mod slot?

No. Read it again.

Flash Accelerant gives a Heat damage buff to Ember herself and her allies in range which lasts for as long as the Accelerant cast, on all weapons.

This new change to Fire Blast means that shots fired through the ring left behind gain Heat damage.

So, nowhere near as broadly useful as Flash Accelerant.

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

No. Read it again.

Flash Accelerant gives a Heat damage buff to Ember herself and her allies in range which lasts for as long as the Accelerant cast, on all weapons.

This new change to Fire Blast means that shots fired through the ring left behind gain Heat damage.

So, nowhere near as broadly useful as Flash Accelerant.

Fire blast can't be moded for range either.
15 blast range 7.5 ring, hard capped.

Sheesh, you guys must have put in a lot of work these last few days/weeks :awe:

Nice to see things are coming along quite nicely :laugh:

It seems as though Atlas is going to be all about petrify now, huh? Just a reminder, though: Petrified enemies are fully resistant to status, which could make it more difficult for Atlas (and more importantly the entire group) to keep up the damage/ kills. I really hope Atlas does not get annoying because of that. How about allowing petrified enemies to be affected by status (and possibly even enemies frozen solid by Frost) ?

Man, I can barely contain my excitement :awe:

Any ETA on that update, I'm getting a bit too hyped if you couldn't tell already :devil:

Why not do more like a 66.7% reduction in area for ember, and give her an affinity range boost while it's active? I actually quite LOVE following a good ember, but keeping in range is hard. That's my only issue with an ember taking all the kills.

who needs the damage buff on ember 4? wof is only really useable for clearing low level missions (especially opening relics) effectively without having to spent way too long... the range nerf on ember while pretty harsh might be tolerable but what kills ember is the energy drain... even with 2 energize sets it probably won´t be enough to keep it running all the time without spamming energy plates throughout the mission

and in regards to the intention to fix bulletjumping through low level missions - who cares? i guess some people are complaining about not being able to kill every enemy by themselves and getting robbed of their fun and if it´s supposed to protect beginners from more experienced ones and give them the chance to see an actual enemy during a mission.... well their problem is mostly not being able to maneuver as quickly through the level - so even without wof in the mix they won´t get to see enemies bc they´ll still be halfway through when the ex-ember player afk´s at the exit...

Anyway, I’ve been quite harsh in my criticism of DE all day, so let me just say:

I am pleased as punch with the buffs to the Prisma Gorgon. That gun is one of the most absurdly beautiful weapons in the game, but even with a Riven it could only barely keep its chin above water at Sortie level. Now, with the mod set up I have for it, it’ll hit roughly 99% crit chance. Yas!

Archived