Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora

_Eclips3_

1 hour ago, Ragnarok160 said:

Yea ik, i really dont know why, it would have really helped caster frames in  the high level areas

I believe that it’s because some of the team members were having debates of having it be added into the game and vise versa.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

Whats annoying to me is that khora hasn't been released yet because they basically decided not to work on her at all for a month and a half and instead work on the warframe tweaks we got a couple of weeks ago.

Whats even worse is that they said they might not even work on her for a while and instead work on more warfame tweaks. so we might be waiting for another couple months at this point.

3 hours ago, Ragnarok160 said:

Yea ik, i really dont know why, it would have really helped caster frames in  the high level areas

2 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

I believe that it’s because some of the team members were having debates of having it be added into the game and vise versa.

In their testing it did literally nothing. People have convinced themselves that shield gating is whatever is in their head and will fix everything but in practice it didn't pan out.

27 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

Whats annoying to me is that khora hasn't been released yet because they basically decided not to work on her at all for a month and a half and instead work on the warframe tweaks we got a couple of weeks ago.

Whats even worse is that they said they might not even work on her for a while and instead work on more warfame tweaks. so we might be waiting for another couple months at this point.

??

Her entire kit is reliant upon people wanting to use something other than Slash. This means the entire IPS damage types need to be looked over and reworked. What does other frames getting looked at have to do with a big part of the core system of damage in WF needing a rework?

Edited by peterc3

10 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Her entire kit is reliant upon people wanting to use something other than Slash. This means the entire IPS damage types need to be looked over and reworked. What does other frames getting looked at have to do with a big part of the core system of damage in WF needing a rework?

only 1 of her abilities was actually reliant on the IPS system. DE could have easily changed her first ability to something besides the "change IPS" and her other 3 abilities could be left as is, just without the change in IPS damage that her first ability caused. 

her 2 could deal X damage and cause a stun/knockdown, like it dose now, it doesn't need to have the IPS change to function.

her 3 could summon a kavat and tell it what to attack, just like it dose now, it doesn't need the IPS change to function.

and her 4 could be just like every other exalted weapon, it doesn't need the IPS change to function ether.

I don't understand why people think that she needs to be attached to the IPS system in any way. Sure it was a cool idea but it is in no way necessary for her kit to work.

And one of the devs on a devstream said the reason khora hasn't come out yet was because the resources that would have been put into reworking her were put into reworking and tweaking all the other warframes.

Edited by HerpDerpy

6 hours ago, HerpDerpy said:

Snip

And one of the devs on a devstream said the reason khora hasn't come out yet was because the resources that would have been put into reworking her were put into reworking and tweaking all the other warframes.

This was a good decision in my eyes.

Even though some people cried about ember and chroma changes and said they were quitting... people with that attitude find other things to complain and quit about.

Atlas and zephyr are way better now... and more fun all around. The weapon changes and huge amount of bug fixes were great too.

The developers are in a bit of a catch 22 situation... the player base is so massive and vocal minorities on both sides of the spectrum call for different things... one side says develop new content slower and fix existing issues.

The other side says release new content... they strike a balance and people still complain.

I think this attitude of incessant complaining is silly and proof people rely on excuses and external factors too much for their happiness. 

There's a place for constructive criticism but a lot of what is typed on the forums is just teenage whining.

The false feeling of entitlement; thinking people owe you, when they don't is a turn off to me and I see a lot of it.

If people want to Make decisions on how warframe is developed they can either apply for a job or round up well known players and professionally communicate their collective wishes after debating what changes would be good.

Edited by helioth137
Clarification

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, XxElite2015xX said:

Wellp, its reached the time where its been dragged just for so long, the hype is pretty much dying (Like rainbow 6 outbreak), its just another boring old warframe, if you know what I mean.

The moment they told us she is going through another redesign, you should have stopped expecting it anytime soon.

What,  are you a hype vampire, that's why it bothers you it dies down?

I dunno, Khora has always been just another warframe. I don't think I've been "hyped" for a warframe since Nidus, which was well worth it. Khora though... meh, probably another mastery fodder frame for me.

18 minutes ago, XxElite2015xX said:

Wellp, its reached the time where its been dragged just for so long, the hype is pretty much dying (Like rainbow 6 outbreak), its just another boring old warframe, if you know what I mean.

You sure that hype died down for that? You sure about that?

Also Khora is being worked on, and not much people see her as “another boring old warframe” .

27 minutes ago, XxElite2015xX said:

would you rather she be pushed out in an incomplete state right now ?
she's being worked on, she'll be released when she's ready 

10 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

there was a time when we did get almost every 3months a new frame and weapons. its now been 5 months since Gara

They’ve been working on other stuff.

*cough cough Umbra cough cough* *cough cough Venus landscape cough cough*. Sorry ‘bout that, dunno what’s wrong with me.

Edited by EndermanBeast

15 minutes ago, EndermanBeast said:

They’ve been working on other stuff.

*cough cough Umbra cough cough* *cough cough Venus landscape cough cough*. Sorry ‘bout that, dunno what’s wrong with me.

Additionally she was dependent on the Damage 2.5 changes which were scrapped AND her designer was a major player in the latest weapons pass. Sooooo yeah she was delayed, I would rather get a frame who can function properly than a broken one because "hype".

What i don't get is the hype for another crappy excalibore that just has a "dark" name. Khora should be interesting no matter what she actually plays like since she is going to some new features with the changeable damage type and cat summons 

Redesigning her is a mistake imho.

DE should have pushed for the IPS rebalance, following some wise suggestion that were all around Warframe related places, official forums, reddit, youtube partners.

DE should have fixed IPS even if it wasn't the whole damage system.

The point is that Khorra's quest has surely some stuff that is important for the following quests, so DE can't skip her.

Having said that I'm more than happy that DE took time to rework, fix, balance things even if not everything was smooth (Ember...cough cough)