Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think Warframe is P2W?

(PSN)Eagleman443

To keep it straight, no. Every item in the game, other than cosemetics, can be earned within the game itself. You can farm for different fissures, so you can turn them into a prime and continue to sell them to earn plat in the game, or some really rare mods that help improve gameplay.

So no, there's no P2W, only.. Well, I guess you can say Pay2WinFaster.. Although there isn't really any winning, just completeing missions, leveling weapons/warframes, earning weapons/warframes, and getting standing to level up in that standing. That's basically it.

If a person was looking for a solo experience, everything is free from the very beginning.

You picked a warframe, pick up some weapons, and shoot things. Experience done. 

Co-op? Most, the same thing. 

Only bump in the road? Slots. Probably addressed already so no need to go further.

Do I think its P2W? No.

Did I throw in a few dollars to make my experience better? I sure did~

Before MR rebalance and everything, this game sorta was p2w------ish.

I have been discussing warframe with a pug dota team and they were like "The game is totes p2w, asked in region chat which gun's OP, bought it and got the entire star chart and some primes unlocked. There isn't much else to do for me". And if you think about it --- obtaining stuff is sorta winning, if tonkor on your removes enemies from the game it's a very good, godly gun, and it sorta was p2w-ish, but you don't win in the end, because #*!%ing nullifiers are a thing.

P2W no, since there is nothing to win. This game doesnt even come close to a money grab since you barely need to spend anything to get what you want/need. I've spent far less than what a $60 game would cost me and gotten more out of it at the same time. And with the quality of WF that is pretty damn impressive and a true bargain imo. Not many F2P or even B2P games come near the quality of WF nor the low costs of getting what you need.

I could have spent alot more in this game on vanity stuff, but those are optional things.

title says do you think warframe is p2w? OP just answered own question... okay then...

Warframe is never p2w if it was... i'll spend over $1000+ to be better than someone else just like in maplestory with big cash going in, ill do more dps than anyone else AND better custom mod than anybody else.

^ sad part is nexon has died... the end ( whole different company discussion)

Edited by Guest

its PvE so its not P2W, but, we could use a method for free users to get more warframe, weapon, companion, and archwing slots.

trade is only viable so long there are people who willing to spend money on platinum and actually trade someone for it, maybe throw a random slot addition to sortie reward, or chance at untradeable platinum.

If you wanna win in Fashion Frame, then yes. P2W and I'm salty to those who have those really neat Prime Access Cosmetics (Targis Armor OMG). Other than that, paying right now is just for fun and support for DE for their awesome game.

11 minutes ago, Kai said:

If you wanna win in Fashion Frame, then yes. P2W and I'm salty to those who have those really neat Prime Access Cosmetics (Targis Armor OMG). Other than that, paying right now is just for fun and support for DE for their awesome game.

Targis armor prime is indeed so amazing and design look helly cool like OMG but too bad i only have mirage prime armor set, which is look very similar but not even close enough.

It is definitely set up to "entice" players to spend. I don't care what fan boys say. Yea, you can earn everything in game, if you want to farm for things that have a 0.2 percent chance to drop. Think of any other situation in life, now imagine someone said "you have a 0.2 percent chance at succeeding". No one would take those odds. There aren't loot boxes but this game is set up on the compulsion of the gamer to spend money. 

Totally pay to win, my fashion frame is stronger than yours cause I can pay money to get shiny armor, oh and Excal prime is better than regular Excal...shinier too, my pay to win is so stronk that my plat levels are over 9000.

Also Lato Prime is the most overpowered secondary in the game thanks to rivens and its buff that DE made, how to get this? Purchased the founder pack when warframe was just starting off, how to get it now? YOU CAN"T ha

Edited by Knight_Ex

What the majority is discussing here is if the business model in Warframe impacts the game, impacts PvP, is unfair, etc. 

I have not played the game enough yet to know how it impacts.  I do know from playing Planetside II and Heroes & Generals, a lot, that those two games are examples where players can pay to obtain quickly gear or rush progression, but that it does not save them on the battlefield.  The free or moderate payers, using skill, still wins fights and catches up easily.  Mind you, those are two game types where a level 1 player can kill any level 50 player.  

Currently, I will never try the PvP in Warframe until I have leveled a lot.  At end-game, with "maxed" Warframes, than the PvP is probably not impacted at all by money.  If a PvP match was set between, let us say, Rank 1 Tenno, those who paid might win more, no?  I won't bother to test my theory.  I'll stick to cooperative for a good while to learn the ropes. 

No, even if you go buy buy warframes you still need to farm out exp to fully rank them, the forma to polarize the slots, farms mods to put on the frame then get endo to rank up those mods. There's is no p2w in warframe, there's pay to look fabulous and pay to get thing faster. 

Edited by (XB1)The Neko Otaku

Pay to Win is when a game company sells stuff that gives an in game advantage and can only be purchased through micro transactions.

DE has never directly done this.

DE does put the most impactful things on incredibly low drop rates, time/rng gates or feature them for limited times and has made it's premium currency tradeable though which has a similar effect for players who will purchase plat in that the lowered value raises price.

Strictly speaking, DE stands to make a great deal more money in the long run with their model than most of the P2W games just by the increase in the number of players attracted to their pricing model.

6 hours ago, (PS4)TheRealTommo said:

We need to add "banned from chat because of X" to the bingo cards.

we also need:

- "we need Battle Royale"

- "returning vet, what did I miss?"

- "why don't we just wipe out the factions?"

- "obligatory The Sacrifice thread"

- "we need a token system"

- "the grind is too much, I'm burnt out and complaining" thread

- "I hate Riven mods" thread.

This game is, as others have already said, 'pay to make more effective use of your time', and 'pay to look fabulous'.

The frugal can grind and sell stuff to other users for plat.. which will unlock everything but Tennogen cosmetics. Given, someone paid for that plat.. but being tradeable reduces it's paywall effect.

Which just leaves 'pay to look fabulous'.

~Tz

8 hours ago, DP_KRoM said:

it never was p2w.

Well that's not true, if you watch the DE doco by Noclip that came out last month, it's made perfectly clear that one of their early mistakes was to have potatoes locked behind a premium pay wall.
The disdain was vocalised and the issue rectified.

P2W against who?  The Corpus?  I don't think people know what P2W really means anymore.  If you mean pay to advance faster or have nicer things then yeah.  I bet if rivens didn't exist most of these topics or mentions of P2W would be almost non existent.

Yes. Warframe is the hardest case of Pay-to-Win I've ever seen.

Fashionframe is endgame, and you can only Win by being Fabulous. And in order to become Fabulous and be better then everybody else, you have to pay, since few Ki'Teer pieces aside, cosmetics can't be acquired through gameplay means.

So yeah, P2W as sin.

Edited by WindigoTG