Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Developer Workshop: Saryn Revisited 2.0

[DE]Danielle

54 minutes ago, coolteemu said:

Well if we cant stab enemies thru walls why shud spores go thru walls? 

Because they are spores... and don't affect maiming strike. This would make managing spores even harder and more limited to use. Even right now, the most common way to infect enemies is having range and casting on molt. If you see an enemy, it dies before spores can even be cast on them. I really hope that just the initial procs are high enough or the scaling is fast enough to really matter in sortie level encounters. If not then I might as well nearly oneshot everything with one of the silly weapons that can clear groups in seconds.

And speaking of melee, if Saryn's optimal way to play is going to be melee or getting up close to enemies, then I sure hope this melee change isn't going to #*!% it over again. Reminder they are nerfing melee range.

Edited by myuushii
  • Like 1

about spores, they should infect enemy trough wall, if they dont than pls do same for equnox. we will se how good dps would that be. so spores are nerfred, some donkeys keep to chase carrots of inf duration and dmg stack. this is nerf of spores not rework of spores and gameplay around saryn. and you will get t-shirt are gone(strip armor), like 25 armor and some speed boost on molt and that is it. this is not good trade. take hive mission on eris, lot of enemy good for spores, but also lot more of walls so no spread if they are behind corner (protected). either way it is bad "rework", it is nerf and we should express our displeasure about it. and yes rework of saryn and pop spores with toxic lash + mele rewok of also big nerf = total face palm of saryn as frame and gameplay around her. so no spred trough wall, mele rng will be fck up as well, some speed of molt and like 25 armor would protect you from L100+++  enemy around you in surv mission while you try to take their t-shirts? yeah not so good..... and keep eye on clock while dmg is stack for kill. In my opinion leave spores as it is, rework molt as intended and no spore cast on it, toxic lash rework as intended maisma as well, so if player wanna use mele to pop spores he would get more survivability, more dmg (keep her as  dps that she is). scale it properly to not be op and it will just fine.

Edited by -HoB-AngelofRevenge

@coolteemu I just don't want to see spores completely destroyed and made virtually useless as an ability in her arsenal. If spores are affected by line of sight, I really don't see how effective they will be at that point. I apologize if I came of hostile but it seems like DE is bent on nerfing the game into the ground and people are just applauding them for it. So yeah I am little frustrated.

Edited by (PS4)a1-w23e_r4

The more comments about this I read and the more I'm forced to think about this rework the more I start to feel like I really don't like it. Even if she turns out great still, there are just too many other frames that truly need rework 20x times more.

But why should my (or I guess - you, other player's) opinion matter if from what I have seen DE never even reply to any of the comments and don't participate in those discussions. (last post from Danielle on this thread was the 1st one, after that nothing in already 41 pages. Same goes for other threads that they or players put up. Melee changes for example - 1st post, check, after that nothing). So many people said that for example kuva survival could scale in rewards, there were many reasonable suggestions but none of those got realized or even given a response to. So overall it just seems that they will do whatever they have planned to do and we can either like it or not but our opinion doesn't really matter.

Edited by DjKaplis

1 hour ago, (PS4)a1-w23e_r4 said:

@coolteemu I just don't want to see spores completely destroyed and made virtually useless as an ability in her arsenal. If spores are affected by line of sight, I really don't see how effective they will be at that point. I apologize if I came of hostile but it seems like DE is bent on nerfing the game into the ground and people are just applauding them for it. So yeah I am little frustrated.

Ye... Its gonna be harder to spread spores Wich makes saryn bit harder to play. More dmg sure but the reach seems iffy. 

I wached the steam again and it bamboozled me

Eny way aint the update suppose to drop today? 

On 2018-05-10 at 1:54 PM, Latiac said:

DE are actively trying to fine-tune the game where you don't NEED to have specific things to get stuff done,

On 2018-05-10 at 1:54 PM, Latiac said:

Corrosive is super bad in a full squad if everyone is running Corrosive Projection

Do you see the irony here?

13 hours ago, .-KG-..-BornStoned-. said:

@[DE]Danielle

Like many other players i have the opinion that Corrosive on Spores is the wrong Dmg type.

Reason: We have a Corrosive Aura, Frames like Oberon for excample that have corrosive (+ other Frames that can strip armor)... If DE really want to change my beloved Saryn, then please on an way that makes sence. My suggestion ist to select Gas as Dmg type cause it is toxin/poisen... and would make here more to the Queen of Poisen...

So pls pls pls do not use corrosive. 

Most people are still saying viral over corrosive. This is the community talking. However I have a feeling these weighted opinions (the majority mind you) will fall upon deaf ears. I love saryn like srsly. Even with corrosive spores ill try to adapt. If you are a true saryn player then no matter what you will try to adapt to playing her. Thats how it was with the past reworks for people who mained. The problem I have personally, is the fact that no one is listening to any suggestions. I've seen a lot of great suggestions to aid in any problems. But honestly, when don't see any replies, I feel like these suggestions just get lost in space. I appreciate what DE has done for the game for the most part, however, its the fan base the gets keeps it going. I would just appreciate them way more if they actually got involved and in tuned to the forum page, so we at least know if they are listening to us.

3 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Do you see the irony here?

100%.

DE are trying to stop people using the same things but have yet to even adress armor scaling and sclaing in general late game, people run 4x Corrosive Projection to get around this issue to begin with.

What i'm getting at is, Corrosive lategame in most situations is far worse than Viral as far as people are concerned, i'd rather half the health than strip the non-existant armour in an organised squad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jebbers said:

I would just appreciate them way more if they actually got involved and in tuned to the forum page, so we at least know if they are listening to us.

They do listen, but only to the bits that actually 'support' their planned changes...even if their planned changes don't make any sense.

We only need to go back to the ember rework to see that they don't listen to us, we told them in the workshop before it was even released what would happen with ember to counter the reduced range and double strength if left active (extend range on build, reduce power strength) yet they still put it out and what happened... exactly what we said.  End result in game is that ember is basically no different to before at killing low level stuff and annoying other players but it nerfed the one build that no one hated on because it relied on range...and it still has no scaling...

Edited by LSG501

Spores May need some type of degrading radial AoE timer to avoid stack-reset/babysitting.

Residual in the air...

Molt Babysitting does not need to be replaced by jilted Spore babysitting that also ruins immersion and fluid gameplay.

Just a concern to consider...

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Saryn Revisited 2.0 is now live in Update 22.20.0 on PC! 

We'll be closely watching for your feedback in the dedicated Saryn Megathread below. We encourage you try out the changes thoroughly first before you leave your thoughts/reactions/concerns/etc. 

Thank you! 

Edited by NovusNova
Added correct link to feedback thread
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

They do listen, but only to the bits that actually 'support' their planned changes...even if their planned changes don't make any sense.

We only need to go back to the ember rework to see that they don't listen to us, we told them in the workshop before it was even released what would happen with ember to counter the reduced range and double strength if left active (extend range on build, reduce power strength) yet they still put it out and what happened... exactly what we said.  End result in game is that ember is basically no different to before at killing low level stuff and annoying other players but it nerfed the one build that no one hated on because it relied on range...and it still has no scaling...

Oh well, as I said I'm a diehard saryn fan so ill try it, but the amount of time invested into builds kinda feels like its going down the drain 😕 . Even still I dont mind scraping but overall Idk anymore breh. I just hope that whatever is released took heed to our concerns.

Edit: welp. Rip 

Edited by Jebbers

On 2018-05-15 at 8:07 PM, blaes said:

No. No no no no no. currently, with 0 corrosive projection, in solo so 0 buff from anyone else, spore can spread 30k per tick in less than 10s by using weapon toxin procs, on lvl155 heavy gunners with all their armor.

and it's not just "people saying", it's affirmation backed with proof : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HSEqyMRk7M

when saryn stops zooming, you can see on the side groups (left and right) 30902 damage ticks spread by spores.

btw, i made a mistake (and no one corrected me) : it doesn't take 6 minutes for the new version to get to 2.5k damage per tick, but 1 minute (it starts at 6minutes in the prime time and reach 2.5k at 7minutes) so even if you go all out with 300% power strength and keep 30 enemies infected at all times it'll still take roughly 6 times as long as the kind of stuff we can do now. with a bit more conservative values (200% power strength with overextended, and 20 enemies constantly infected) you'll need about 2:30 to reach 30k per tick. 15 times longer than currently.

please, please point to me when exactly in the prime time they started at 8k per tick from spore.

did i say they started at 8k a tick, i said they where at 8k a tick at the end of the demonstration with a bad build that probably not even power str 

secondly, id like to see u post a video of u doing that in a mission and not in the fking relay, and without dieing with that build SOLO without cc form other players

no health, no armor, no shield, no augments, and on a charge sniper.... 

your going to outright kill them and the damage wont transfer in most missions and you will end up getting killed

show me some gameplay plz

ps: most people dont have 2 rank 3 arcane rages eather

Edited by (PS4)Spider_Enigma

I guess I started my build at a propitious time 😉

All sounds fun. 

On 2018-05-11 at 4:31 AM, Touch_Fluffy_Tail said:

so now her spores will do nothing on corpus great

yeah that does sound problematic - always had the most trouble with Corpus anyway...

PS. pleassssse make a Nezha Prime 😉

Edited by Shrapnelkid

1 minute ago, Shrapnelkid said:
On 2018-05-10 at 1:31 PM, Touch_Fluffy_Tail said:

so now her spores will do nothing on corpus great

yeah that does sound problematic - always had the most trouble with Corpus anyway...

Just make a Toxic Lash build. It works really well vs Corpus, especially with the augment.

Just now, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Just make a Toxic Lash build. It works really well vs Corpus, especially with the augment.

thanks - that does make sense.

I'm only really just starting to get into the meta vs. various factions.

Switch Spores back to Viral.

Half the things in the game strip armour, we never needed Saryn for that. But halving every enemy's health around you was something only she could do, and the effect from it was prononuced the more the higher we went. But now this unique function is gone, and replacement does not measure up. Switch it back.

6 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Switch Spores back to Viral.

Half the things in the game strip armour, we never needed Saryn for that. But halving every enemy's health around you was something only she could do, and the effect from it was prononuced the more the higher we went. But now this unique function is gone, and replacement does not measure up. Switch it back.

she can still half health, the problem was no one used her other powers...

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

she can still half health, the problem was no one used her other powers...

a) citation needed

b) then buff other powers, not cripple Spores. You know, like everything else they did in this rework.

Edited by VisionAndVoice
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VisionAndVoice said:

a) citation needed

b) then buff other powers, not cripple Spores. You know, like what they did.

Changed Miasma’s damage type from Corrosive to Viral. 

• *We've swapped Miasma and Spores damage types with one another since Spores in its 2.0 form allows for more than 1 proc per second.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

Changed Miasma’s damage type from Corrosive to Viral. 

• *We've swapped Miasma and Spores damage types with one another since Spores in its 2.0 form allows for more than 1 proc per second.

Thanks, I can read.

Not the same. Not nearly the same.

Ok a few things I tested and notice while in simulacrum: (disclaimer: I went up against Level 100 Corrupted)

1. Spore can no longer be cast on Molt
  2. Maisma "stun" last only 3 seconds* regardless of if spore was cast on said target(s)
  3. Recasting spore didn't cause a "explosion" of spores furthermore the spore counter disappears (unknown if UI bug)
  4. Time between casting and the Warframe ability taking affect seems off by a few seconds-I don't know for sure for I was casting spore within a group of 5 corrupted butchers and only saw 1-2 with spores on them. 

UPDATE: Within (normal) Onslaught its possible for Sayrn's spore ability to become "locked" it will appear to be active like a toggle ability. This has happen to me and a teammate still investigating. 

Edited by Jackel7
updating infor.

9 minutes ago, Jackel7 said:

Ok a few things I tested and notice while in simulacrum: (disclaimer: I went up against Level 100 Corrupted)

1. Spore can no longer be cast on Molt
  2. Maisma "stun" last only 3 seconds* regardless of if spore was cast on said target(s)
  3. Recasting spore didn't cause a "explosion" of spores furthermore the spore counter disappears (unknown if UI bug)
  4. Time between casting and the Warframe ability taking affect seems off by a few seconds-I don't know for sure for I was casting spore within a group of 5 corrupted butchers and only saw 1-2 with spores on them. 

Yeah apparently spore spreading is not working properly, not sure if this is intended.