Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

There is nothing to balance. High log in players have simply had more chances to get duplicates of what they want, or can complete their collection of log in items faster than those you haven't. It's always just been a timed exclusivity that you're provided with, nothing more, nothing less. And that's how it'll stay.

1 minute ago, BalaDeSilver said:

8 typos in a row....

I mean more of @[DE]Rebecca just having the wrong order in mind when typing up the topic, it happens quite a bit where people think the mods are on the 100, 300, 500, and then the weapons on the 200, 400, 600.

So yeah, it is possible that because of that, the topic is basically filled with "typos".

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The simple explanation here is that once you've reached a given category, you pick an eligible item from that category. We are also looking into adding a fourth category past the 1000 Milestone with more 'evergreen' rewards'.

I'm ok with the whole Daily Tribute rework, but we need to address "evergreen rewards" and "fourth category" here and now, we need to know what's going to be and maybe suggest stuff more useful to whom is going to reach past the 1000 Milestone. Basically, ask veterans what they\we wants to receive after the 1000 milestone, please, and thank you for everything as always.

Wait wait wait. So if I've already got the damn guns etc which I have absolutely no interest in and just recently got a weapon that I have no interest in I still have to wait another 200 days to get the Sword and shield I want. Well that doesn't help S#&$ for me...

Also, if a new players starting today your ok with forcing him to wait 2 years at least to get all the weapons? This system still has the exact same problems as the old then.

If it was just sigils and potatoes and cosmetics, fine, whatever. But forcing people to wait 2 years for a weapon isn't ok.

Stop it. Just no. 

You're screwing over everyone with this. (And why the hell is the cosmetic options part of the weapon rewards. We had to wait 800-1000 days for simply cosmetic items. there was no need at all to make them available earlier as they literally add nothing but looks to the game)

It's still the same trash system. Giving some "scaling"(275 endo what a joke) and illusion of choice don't make new system. Also any major gamaplay changing elements(as in weapons) shouldn't be in any decent login system ever

2 minutes ago, InappropriateTennoName5009 said:

you may have missed the part of rebeccas post where you cant sell the login rewards ...this seems all about making it fair for new players yet doing nothing for older login reward players...all de would have to do is a have constant stable of 3 new choices at the max tier of logins so we always have a choice

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Having them tradeable has been removed from the plan (which having them even being tradeable was a terrible idea).

My apologies, I don't frequent the Dev Workshop as much as I should. 

But as for the new rewards... I'm not saying that we shouldn't have new options, but there is a case to be made for efficient allocation of dev resources. Cranking out Prime versions of somewhat useful mods is all well and good but it'll get stale fast and combinations of near game-breaking power creep will become an even greater issue. New weapons is neat but problem is making them "worthy" of that system. As in interesting and going with the theme enough to be stuck in there, but not awesome enough as to be a solid option for the market because food ain't free. 

And just because there aren't that many NEW options doesn't mean we won't have choices. Not all the tier rewards might end up as mods or weapons we already have. As I said before, boosters and important consumables like potatoes are also a possibility. 

I dont think this way solves the issues that already exist. It still means those of us who can't log on every day are never going to get everything, and people who are already at the verybhughest level are still only chasing the next new thing to be added. The original idea of letting people pick what they wanted seems like it was a better idea to me.

Easy way to fix this without being anti-fun by blocking weapons and mods from players who can't log-in on daily basis or just joined.

1. Sigils and Resources every 50 days. 50, 100, 150, etc.

Sigils could be like the ones talked about in the recent streams, they shine brighter every tier. Forma and Orokin Reactor. All existing packs will be an option for these intervals.
Includes evergreen packs like 3 x Riven Mod and we are considering adding 3 x Forma.

2. Primed Armour Parts and Primed Syandana every 100 days. 100, 200, 300 etc.

3. Ship Cosmetics, Captura Cosmetics every 200 days. Days 200, 400, 600, etc.

Specially with the up coming Railjack ship.

No trading is fair because of alts.

55 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

In the current Daily Tribute system, the day to day rewards have very little scaling. There was two tiers of rewards, so for example, the lower Endo reward was 50 Endo, and the higher was 80. And then we decided if you got lower or higher based on Mastery Rank times 5%. So a Mastery Rank 10 player would have a 50/50 chance and a Mastery Rank 20 player would be guaranteed to get the higher reward. Which isn’t much scaling at all.

I wasn't aware there's scaling at all. Sure doesn't feel like it.  I'm not against the idea of numbers of days matering; most games with daily logins have that to an extent. But removing the value of higher MR entirely seems counterintuitive--  MR means people are actually playing and not just logging in.

If not for the endo, maybe apply MR as a multiplier for the other ordinary resources?  When my "reward" is a single neurode, I just roll my eyes and wonder why I even bothered.  17 neurodes, though?  That'd be cool.

Nothing has changed. The new system is the same old crap.

Problem with Daily Tribute: Have to log in daily for years to get rewards that HAVE ACTUAL USE IN THE GAME.

Problem with these upcoming changes: Have to log in daily for years to get rewards that HAVE ACTUAL USE IN THE GAME.

I say it again: NOTHING has changed.

I really hope it scale down to 30 day cycle.

And another idea would be, reset ALL milestones.
So everyone could login after the patch and could choose all milestones up to their current state.
But every player keep the already obtained milestones from the old system.

So we may get some stuff twice if there isn't any new choice, but DE could just add some stuff into the rotation people could choose if they already got all the mods/weapons.

So I'm assuming that when these reward choices become active those of us who have already passed those specific points are stuck with what we got at that time? It's a cool system idea, I'm just concerned about what happens to players at higher login days than others after the change is dropped.

I understand the want to have options, and that is a very nice change, but the question I have is why are you changing the days that items are rewarded on?  Currently weapons are on the 100,300 etc, and mods are on the 200,400 etc.  You have effectively lengthened the time to get all mastery xp from the by 100 days.  What was the thought process on this?

In theory, this sounds better than the old system and the old changes so thanks for changing that. But like always we still got things to complain about. Can you please take a look at the milestone rewards? I'm getting close to the Zenistar and it would really suck to wait another 100 day's to get it. The weapon milestone rewards are on the 100/300/500/700 mile. So to me, it would make more sense to keep it like that (hope you got it messed up on accident). Also if you are not adding more weapons to the milestone rewards is it than possible to pick a different reward after the 1000 day point? If there are no new rewards added after that point I would like the ability to choose one of the resource rewards.

14 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

OH NO POOR PEOPLE WHO ALREADY HAVE EVERYTHING!

Let's all feel very sorry for people who have everything.

Poor, poor us.

Having no choice because you already own everything is basically the textbook definition of misery.

This guy has a point, what is the problem if you just got one option. Especially if that option is the newest, that just means that you will get something new. Really that isn’t a change at all.

30 minutes ago, kaelvamp said:

1- The new kids can CHOOSE the weapons each 200 days, and then they can pick the best stuff that we had locked up...... not cool....

Dude, seriously...

What I actually read: "WE had a hard time (logging in once a day) so how dare you give this fun stuff to new players. They haven't EARNED it. They must suffer this ridiculously long wait time"

Little Immature there no?

DE PLS!!

Here is how i would love the system to work:

Every day you login you get 5 tokens (the number does not really matter)

You take said tokens to a vendor and just buy whatever you want.

The benefit of this system is DE can set some items to be more expensive.

e.g. the Lodestar armour set should cost more than basically any item including weapons like the "Azima"

I feel like they are trying to fit the new system into the old UI for some reason.

Why can't people just get some form of login token or badge , then walk over to some NPC at a relay and cash in the tokens for whatever they want???

The only two login rewards I would like are the zenistar and the armour set, im not sure what my login count is but this system does not sound great.

I would also think players should have to pay a premium for some of the late rewards not just pile the weapons and armor set together and make people wait 200 days for each one.

I would like a few tokens for my 120+ days if it went to that system just so i didn't need to start from scratch , but i'd be more happy to login every day for tokens and just save up for whatever i want

You could even leave a few of the minor rewards so every day i got tokens and a random chance for some of the less desirable rewards (resources endo etc)

Archived