Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your preferred all purposes frame?

(PSN)xtharbadx

I was discussing this with a friend, and thought it would be a good topic to get some feedback here, just for kicks.

What I mean by "all purposes" is the frame/loadout you would use if you have to go on a mission and you don't know what to expect ( say for example a quest that doesn't tell you what is going to happen).

You don't know the mission type, you don't know how long it will last, you don't know if you have to mass kill, face a boss, be more tactical, etc. So you have to pick something that can fit a wide spectrum of potential scenarios.

So, what kind of frame and loadout would you pick?

hmm dunno about all purpose but octavia sure go-to for all kind of mission and she excell at almost everything... (but i found she boring to play sometime)

but my own go to is ivara, i do like doing thing slowly and take time enjoying my mission killing enemy silently & having double drop from prowl.... also dagger zaw with covert lethality as go to weapon on my ivara for easy finisher. 

Ash Prime and Frost Prime have been and will always be my main all purpose frames. I know them both inside and out. My universal load out for Ash is Telos Boltor/Zarr, Pyrana Prime, Skiajati. My loadout for Frost is Tigris Prime/Boltor Prime, Pyrana Prime (I love this gun), Galatine Prime (Cleaving Whirlwind for small to mid size bubbles, Tempo Royale for large bubbles).

Lol at all these kids saying anything other than Volt. Remember that a big portion of mission types in this game is just speedrunning content, so you're gimping yourself playing frames without speed into missions like Sabotage, Capture, Rescue and Assassinate. Oberon what? 

And what about endgame content? The meta composition for ESO is Volt Saryn Rhino Trinity, so that's good. Eidolons? The meta composition for Tridolon is Volt Chroma Harrow Trinity, so that's good too. Want to do endless survival, defense, or excavation? Volt is up there with Frost as the top defensive survival frames as his shield has infinite hp. 

Theres zero doubt that Volt is by far the most versatile frame in the game. What other frame can provide your team with speed, defensive shield, damage buff, as well as having a map-wide wipe or crowd control? 

If the RNG would include things like eidolon hunts I'd have to say Rhino. He works well at everything, brings good enough buffs for eidolon hunts and is durable enough for higher content. ESO would just have to be slightly more planned than playing an AoE frame.

Equipment would be.

Primary: Radiation Lanka (in case of eidolons)

Secondary: Viral Twin Grakatas, works well against most enemies, feels like a 2nd primary.

Melee: Viral/Slash Tonbo, great with the riven I have for it, reliable status chance, good reach, spin-to-win crit chance and good damage all in all.

Pet: Carrier Prime with an Artax, cant say no to ammo mutation and a free cold proc.

Trinity, I kind of find skill that kills enemies automatically lack interaction and doesnt takes skill to pull off, (to some extend despise nuke abilities as lack of skill)
so my playstyle is more action oriented with active gunplay and swordplay.

When using other frames I tend to overpower the whole team so using Trinity does not leave the team with no kills.