Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A List of Simple Solutions for Leechers on Open World Bounties / Jobs.

MysticDragonMage

26 minutes ago, Messkoo said:

I mainly play with my clan/friends, and it will became an hindrance if those kind of things came IG. It's "open area", and we already are limited to only 4 players, if you add more rule this open area will become painful.  I want to be able to do bounty while my clan mate want to fish or mining or anything else.

I was just going to post something similar and you beat me to it!

Whilst I understand the issue people have with leeching I don't think the answer is to impose restrictions that affect all players. I, too, enjoy solo or clan based open world things that involve fishing, bounties, incursions as a social and relaxing event. If the anti-leech implementation adversely affects non-leeching players then, in my book, it's not a very good solution.

4 hours ago, TzXtetriC said:

The best solution here is to not give bounty reward to leechers. No effort? No prize.

Optimally yes but determining someone is leeching is not something that is easily coded. 

Especially when I can be across the whole map and have finished a cache mission before anyone in my squad is even half way there. Should they just not get that reward because I was a super tryhard and completed that leg of the bounty before they even made it to the area? 

The issue is where and how you draw the line that says "you're a baddie and don't get a reward" 

The only system I see working is one where players actively report people from within the game, and at the end of the mission truncated mission metrics are uploaded to DE to be crunched. Cause it's a lot easier to look at an instance as a whole instead of trying to look at an instance in real time, DE could probably script something to make an automated determination if the behavior fell into the "leeching" category.

Some things will likely need to have a person review them because they are harder to quantify by metrics alone. For example instances where the claim comes from a place of "The "leech" had a really low total damage score" but while true when you take a step back the reason they had the really low score was the Equinox or the Saryn killing everything on the map before they can even get to it, or some other combination of one or more players being super tryhards. 

At which point, I'd work it on a strikes system where after X validated reports one of two things happens 

1. The players is banned outright from public missions, you can still play but your choices are limited to Solo or Friends only and while you are allowed to invite people you can not accept invites from others. EG people can't drag your leeching butt into a game with normies. 
  2. The player is shadow banned (flagged) and is only matched with other verified leeches. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I also have a list of simple solutions for leechers:

- switch matchmaking to solo

- use recruit chat

- switch matchmaking to friends only and only invite friends/clan members.

you may not like it, but these solutions work. 

I'm a long standing supporter of "with PUGs you get what you get" but I draw the line at leeching. If you click to join a group the minimum standard is that you at leas go through the motions and look like you're trying to do the thing you literally agreed to do by clicking on the bounty in the first place. 

I think this is what DE should implement to alleviate the leeching problem:

• implement a chat channel that allows you to recruit players
  • implement a squad or party system with the ability to invite players of your choosing

If they implement these features, then you can make your own party with people you know will run the bounties.

6 hours ago, MysticDragonMage said:

true, it is an option, but its unhealthy for any online game to force players to quit missions and rejoin them just because they are unsatisfied with their team. it disengages players from the game and its really not their fault. trolls, leechers, and afks should not have so much influence on a players experience which is why it is the developers duty to reduce this influence as much as possible in order to create a more enjoyable experience for their players.

The AFK didn't force me to do anything or made me unhappy, but that's because I've been at this for awhile now and when I see them I don't stubbornly proceed on for the sake of finishing the mission so they can get what they want, Infact I took the power from them and reversed trolled while helped myself out on gathering material on their time not mine... look in this game...don't get attached to anything...even the missions at hand..you're going to run the same scenario a hundred times doing it over and over...one mission with a AFK will be forgotten by the next hour...BUT...I've seen vote kicks in action with Left 4 Dead..I'd rather troll an AFK in Warframe than give elitists the power to kick people,... because they will for any reason or no reason whatsoever...

The developers gave me plenty of options at the get-go....I can message the rest of the team and say let's leave due to this guy..or I am out on wave 5 due to" Lord Lazy Pants" hiding under a stairwell... or I can just straight up leave the PUG squad if the squad wants to keep going,... and with Venus instead having to go through the Twilight Zone gate I can just find the bounty giver on the map after the fact, while whistle britches sits there waiting somewhere else far from my efforts...Let alone god help the AFK if I brought a Loki and I'm feeling extra teleporty...

PUGs are what they are...in every game...for every one mission with that one a-hole there's five with teams or randoms who know what they are about and just knock the quest out of the park so they can move on to the next one over and over again...this is more about the players who want to fight the current of the water instead going with the flow and ease of it and finding a solution that doesn't waste their time...nor give power to a AFK or the worst version being the set of trolls that will make you wish for the AFK back due to myriads of vocal elitists and their toadies who didn't like your set up...or you didn't stay in whatever room they wanted to camp in because they subscribe to YouTuber builds that will die after 2 hitscan shots...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

1 hour ago, zombiedeadhead said:

This would be great, now all I would have to do is jion a random group of fishers in open roam, and start a bounty. Instant trolling. Cool.

Doesn't work unless they vote in agreement.

Incursions wouldn't count because one player deciding to do it doesn't necessarily mean the other players want to.

Also worth noting that K-drive mods can make the K-drive into a valuable combat opener, with attacks launched at the end of tricks. It's even perfectly plausible for a K-drive to be used in battle if you are good enough with the coordination and its set up right.

I`ve already been seeing people shaming use of the k-drive on missions and threatening to cut its xp gain off is just daft.

2 hours ago, zombiedeadhead said:

This would be great, now all I would have to do is jion a random group of fishers in open roam, and start a bounty. Instant trolling. Cool.

People actually go into the plains in public mode to do fishing? What's the point?

As for this screwing over pre-made squads who deliberately choose to do separate things, the solution is easy: only use the automatic anti-leecher functions for public games.

45 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Doesn't work unless they vote in agreement.

Incursions wouldn't count because one player deciding to do it doesn't necessarily mean the other players want to.

Are you new here? This is the whole problem, yes it doers work, it forces people into bounties, and then they get accused of leeching by all the cry babies in this thread.

59 minutes ago, zombiedeadhead said:

Are you new here? This is the whole problem, yes it doers work, it forces people into bounties, and then they get accused of leeching by all the cry babies in this thread.

I have never heard of or encountered players selecting bounties and getting matched into existing non-bounty groups.

The problem is that players who enter the plains/vallis without selecting a bounty can be matched into bounty groups.

The quick fix would be to segregate the matchmaking properly (i.e., players only match into bounties if they select the bounty). This would prevent trolling, as some player could not initiate a new bounty without a vote.

29 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

I find it most amusing that everyone complaining about leeching refuses to use the tools in game to avoid it

Those tools being?

Now...before you respond, let's make this interesting. First, selecting "play solo" doesn't count as an ingame tool. Neither does the Recruitment channel due to possible reliability issues and the time it might take to set up a group.

With that out of the way...what tool(s) do we have at our disposal to avoid leechers? Because aside from chat, which is only one tool, I honestly can't think of any tool that allows you to avoid matching up with a leecher.

On that note, what would be nice is a flagging system where you can "flag" a player as being a leech and so on. At the same time, set up a system where you can set criterion for the types of players you don't want to match up with, based on those flags. That way, as a player, you don't get matched up with a leecher and the leecher gets to enjoy a much lonelier player experience because of their behavior.

The leecher can of course try to appeal the "flag" they receive.

47 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Those tools being?

Now...before you respond, let's make this interesting. First, selecting "play solo" doesn't count as an ingame tool. Neither does the Recruitment channel due to possible reliability issues and the time it might take to set up a group.

With that out of the way...what tool(s) do we have at our disposal to avoid leechers? Because aside from chat, which is only one tool, I honestly can't think of any tool that allows you to avoid matching up with a leecher.

On that note, what would be nice is a flagging system where you can "flag" a player as being a leech and so on. At the same time, set up a system where you can set criterion for the types of players you don't want to match up with, based on those flags. That way, as a player, you don't get matched up with a leecher and the leecher gets to enjoy a much lonelier player experience because of their behavior.

The leecher can of course try to appeal the "flag" they receive.

No

I haven't the slightest idea why some people are so invested in overcomplicating a simple issue, but to each their own.  

Blatantly ignoring the tools that the game itself provides you is your preference, fair enough.  But suggesting a flag system is just begging for abuse from trolls/vindictive players.

I'll say this once more, if you choose to forgo the measures in place to prevent leeching, then you have only yourself to blame.  I frequently use both chat and my friend list in gathering a group, or just run solo.  It works. 

If you join a random lobby, then you are accepting random results.  That's the entire point.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Flandyrll:

"I'm giving you 30 Goblite while I leech your Bounty rewards from across the map so it's not leeching" will become a thing and if you have 500 Goblite, then what?

Glad you picked Goblite. I personally mine for Standing and let me tell you, Goblite is worth alot (Making up the Bulk of my income). 30 goblite, which is a reasonable amount to mine during a Bounty is worth 6k standing.  One hardly can call it leeching when they as a Single player provide the same amount, if not even more standing the then Rest of the Team does. 

Actually, that could make the People doing bounties to leech from Mines while getting extra Mod rewards /s

So Yes, Shared Rewards would be a good Solution imo

Edited by Eisdschungel

vor 5 Stunden schrieb DiabolusUrsus:

I have never heard of or encountered players selecting bounties and getting matched into existing non-bounty groups.

The problem is that players who enter the plains/vallis without selecting a bounty can be matched into bounty groups.

The matchmaking isnt the best. I went SOLO without Bounty to Hunt some animals and ended up in a Bounty group with 3 others, one of them also originally solo.  Oh, and to Top it all off the Bounty objective didnt spawn so we essentielly were a free roam group 

3 minutes ago, Eisdschungel said:

The matchmaking isnt the best. I went SOLO without Bounty to Hunt some animals and ended up in a Bounty group with 3 others, one of them also originally solo.  Oh, and to Top it all off the Bounty objective didnt spawn so we essentielly were a free roam group 

To clarify, do you mean "in solo mode?" I have never had that happen. Any idea how to replicate such a bug?

vor 16 Minuten schrieb DiabolusUrsus:

To clarify, do you mean "in solo mode?" I have never had that happen. Any idea how to replicate such a bug?

Yep. I deliberately was in solo Mode to be alone while i hunt instead of having to Care about others starting bounties/extracting/Scaring animals. Been pretty much all the time since Fortuna dropped, that was the sole Time it happened.  First thought i accidently changed into Public, but then one of the peeps said he also was solo. After Extraction, i checked and it still said solo.  On replicating the Bug, no clue

Edit: i also once had a 5 Player Defense, way after the removal of raids. The Select Reward Screens handled the fifth relic quite well actually

Edited by Eisdschungel

4 hours ago, Maqabir said:

So with this in effect, if I go to Orb Vallis to fish or hunt, and after a few minutes some people join me and they start a bounty that would mean my Fishing Spear and Tranq Rifle would suddenly stop working?

yes, but remember that you can simply vote not to do a bounty or leave the squad afterwards if the bounty starts anyway. if this is too much of an issue, i can simply suggest that bounties will not start unless all 4 players accept them. or, if 3 out of 4 players accept the bounty, those three players will be sent to a new session while the last will be left on the current session.

in fact i will.

Edited by MysticDragonMage

5 hours ago, Eisdschungel said:

Glad you picked Goblite. I personally mine for Standing and let me tell you, Goblite is worth alot (Making up the Bulk of my income). 30 goblite, which is a reasonable amount to mine during a Bounty is worth 6k standing.  One hardly can call it leeching when they as a Single player provide the same amount, if not even more standing the then Rest of the Team does. 

Actually, that could make the People doing bounties to leech from Mines while getting extra Mod rewards /s

So Yes, Shared Rewards would be a good Solution imo

Once again, "I have dictated that the reward is useful for me" therefore, you should have to put up with people not participating in the mission and contributing something with subjective value. Change it to the Kubrow's Dig ability as the example.

That ammo and energy is that it digs up every minute is "game changing and massively beneficial" to me, therefore, it is "contributing to the team". The core of the argument is terrible and the solution is essentially eating a chocolate bar out of the trash because "I like chocolate".