Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

de next time you go about conjuring a terra forming story

(PSN)teacup775

I love it how teacup ignores everything else we're saying especially the part about being able to hear in space.  

9 minutes ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

You do know Venus in real life is a hell hole, right? The surface is hot enough to melt lead and the air there bares a fine sulfur dioxide tang it. Venus was already terraformed to a winter planet as on offer for all the tilesets for it in warframe. 

All I am saying is their ideation was a lame one. They put more creative reference into their warframe aesthetics, making use of things and ideas in the world that demonstrate some basic interest in it in order to draw inspiration from it.

Explain that last bit, what part of creative reference was there into warframe aesthetics taking from the real world.

I mean, sure it looks absurd, but then I'm sure a lot of people who originally read Johnathan Swift thought he was going off the deep end. . .

. . . when he described a computer. 

The fault I find with the writing on Venus is that I can't figure out which extreme the planet is coming back from.  Internal to the Fortuna stuff I assumed scorched wasteland, activate cooling towers, life springs back up even as it's a little too cold.  However with the Khora lore, reasonably over life returning from ice rather than fire, and the wording of some statements it seems that Venus was iced over.  But activating coolant towers warms the planet?  Whaaaaaaat!?  I guess if you've got some wild heat gobbling sludge you could theoretically reverse the process, but its not intuitive the way its worded. 

47 minutes ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

No, just not lame. They could have said, space magic sucked away all the extra co2. But throwing snow balls at a planet? Im thinking there’s a giant Frigidair in the sky (think of the product placement!).

Sigh. 

You know that venus has very little atmospheric water and no magnetosphere to prevent them from losing the little they have, right? 

Dropping space ice onto a planet is a good way to change that situation, provide significant amounts of water for photosynthesis, and increase cloud formation, which in turn increases albedo and so also reducing the temperature. Some of the CO2 would also dissolve in the water, reducing it's greenhouse effect, and cooling the planet. 

39 minutes ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

Simple, just don’t make constructs that feel more like ideation under the influence of a drunken binge.

No I just meant that your grounds for dismissing it as silly, aren't as valid as you think. 

The University of Edinburgh had a nice free course on astrobiology done by professor Charles Cockell, if you can find the course materials, it's very informative. 

Also, remember this is the Orokin we're talking about. Why cool down a planet with some mundane technology when you could do it with flair using some outrageous, extravagant mechanism? Take a look at our frames, most of them were designed less for practicality and more to shock and awe.

Edited by schilds

Wait, what? You say that it would be more acceptable for Venus to be hot, Orb Vallis to be a small oasis and think it is too extravagant in general?

But according to Cephalon Fragments and Fortuna dialog most of the Venus is hot.

Orb Vallis is an oasis. We visit "regions where lingering Orokin technologies still moderates surface temperatures". I suspect we encounter only a small fraction of said technologies (Weeping Towers, reflector(s), coolant, underground tunnels system and fish).

If I understood it correctly, it took more then one generation of Solaris to restart Towers and they are far from running smoothly.

As for the extravagance: Orokin. It did bite them in the ass, by the way. Solar System was ruined, outer colonies were turning into wastelands and Orokin were desperate to colonize Tau. Looks like even with space magic terraforming required constant attention, were expensive and were unsustainable in the long run (under Orokin supervision at least).

Edited by rand0mname

2 minutes ago, rand0mname said:

But according to Cephalon Fragments and Fortuna dialog most of the Venus is hot.

Indeed, the border of the playable area is a storm caused by the difference in conditions between the Vallis and the rest of the planet.

5 hours ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

You do know Venus in real life is a hell hole, right? The surface is hot enough to melt lead and the air there bares a fine sulfur dioxide tang it. Venus was already terraformed to a winter planet as on offer for all the tilesets for it in warframe. 

All I am saying is their ideation was a lame one. They put more creative reference into their warframe aesthetics, making use of things and ideas in the world that demonstrate some basic interest in it in order to draw inspiration from it.

And yet once again doing the same. Consider this an alternate universe where venus isnt like our venus. Do whatever you wish but stop comparing a game to real life. In a game everything can be as the designer thinks it. So venus can be a frozen planet just cuz DE thinks of it that way.

10 hours ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

please to some basic research on why planets have the conditions they do.

dumping coolant on an atmosphere 92x denser than earths and is 98% CO2 makes the Orikin and anyone else working on terra forming look dumb as a door nail.

Coulda maybe thought up something a little more in reason.

its all space magic i get that but sheesh.

The terraforming is supposed to be absurd just to make a point of how megalomanic the Orokin were.

If I remember correctly the towers were never supposed to have the impact they've had on Venus to begin with. The towers have malfunctioned and the Corpus have tried to get them running properly again, which they still havent succeeded with. Parts of the Venusian surface are still hot and fiery.

And you need to remember that it was the Orokin that made the towers. We dont really know exactly how they were supposed to work to begin with, except for cooling down the planet through some Orokin tech.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

If I remember correctly the towers were never supposed to have the impact they've had on Venus to begin with. The towers have malfunctioned and the Corpus have tried to get them running properly again, which they still havent succeeded with. Parts of the Venusian surface are still hot and fiery.

And you need to remember that it was the Orokin that made the towers. We dont really know exactly how they were supposed to work to begin with, except for cooling down the planet through some Orokin tech.

This will sound bad but this gives me hope that one day we'll have a true to life Venus landscape map that is a fire & acid ridden hellscape.

The only downside is...until a Venus 2.0  one could argue (I'm not arguing just stating) that Orb Vallis is NOT the only cooled area/frozen area.

Going off of the mission nodes (which are named after Venutian regions) and they are also frozen. So it seems that multiple areas of Venus have been frozen, not just Orb Vallis.

I've collected and read all the Cephalon Fragments  (@Corvid for answers. You've played longer than me...maybe you can clear this up?) and this (pre-Fortuna) always confused me as every region is icy yet the Fragments often state how hostile Venus is.

While the more wildly known regions of Venus like: Ishtar (a spaceship node in game I admit. But alerts sometimes have you on land where it shares the icy Europa maps...complete with Jupiter in the skybox. *facepalms*), Montes (an archwing mission). Venus' other regions such as Tessera & Aphrodite are ground missions and they are frozen as well.

Yes, my common sense tells me that the Orokin would obvious need more than 1 terraformer for the planet. But seeing as Fortuna is suppose to be a miracle & all that. The rest of the locations (we'll just say Corpus bases) also seem to be either:

A. Protected by Terraformers

Or

B. The Orokin turned most of Venus into an frozen world.

I want to root for option A. The limited tilesets are beginning to haunt this game impo.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

This will sound bad but this gives me hope that one day we'll have a true to life Venus landscape map that is a fire & acid ridden hellscape.

The only downside is...until a Venus 2.0  one could argue (I'm not arguing just stating) that Orb Vallis is NOT the only cooled area/frozen area.

Going off of the mission nodes (which are named after Venutian regions) and they are also frozen.

But none of the other nodes as far as I can recall have any extreme weather conditions like Vallis and some of the ice-cave tilesets. So one could imagine that the other regions have "working" terraform towers while those in Vallis have broken down, causing more cold than needed across the whole planet. It would be cool if they introduced some fiery maps across Venus since it would give it all a bit more flavor and variety.

Most of the snowy regular mission nodes take place far up in the mountains by the looks of it, so it is very possible there are hotter places further down.

Even passing over our inherent ignorance to new technologies and how they work, meaning that trying to assume what future tech could/could not work with our current lens of understanding is pointless, why so serious? 

Tell a Renaissance engineer about how a liquid crystal display works and see how that goes. I expect there will be a lot of "that's not how X works". 

I mean, almost everyone I have talked to about this update get the biggest grin when I say "they left the refrigerator on too long and now it's cold". Hard science fiction has its place in storytelling, but Warframe is the most rediculous of rediculous, have some fun with it. 

There is one answer that nobody wrote, really.

"A Wizard did it".

Seriously, just look at Archwing! Flying in deep space with SOUND and RECOILESS GUNS that don't eject mass out of their rear! But who cares man, it's a game.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

But none of the other nodes as far as I can recall have any extreme weather conditions like Vallis and some of the ice-cave tilesets. So one could imagine that the other regions have "working" terraform towers while those in Vallis have broken down, causing more cold than needed across the whole planet. It would be cool if they introduced some fiery maps across Venus since it would give it all a bit more flavor and variety.

Most of the snowy regular mission nodes take place far up in the mountains by the looks of it, so it is very possible there are hotter places further down.

Those mountains (on real Venus) are all volcanoes. So it isn't a "Mountains are higher & hence colder" issue. (I'm not implying that is what you said. I'm just trying to figure out the terraforming vs the lore aspect)

But since they are all calm, icy, & etc. Scattered across the planet...that would disprove the Fragments & basically say that Venus IS an iceball. Which is impo a missed opportunity for DE.

Yes they could change "IO, Jupiter" from a node to an actual planet/location & make it an acidic hellhole (like IRL) and perhaps use the armor erosion mechanics on it...but it'd be no Mustafar. Only Venus truly had a chance at that.

I'd rather DE just retcon Fortuna being on Venus eat the backlash it'd cause & make it on Neptune (which apparently has mountains, rocks, & even trees if you look at the backgrounds in game.....).

In a different thread I mentioned how Neptune would be perfect as in reality it's a Gaseous Ice Giant. It has Gaseous outer layers but then has thick oceans of ice & slush as you go deeper. A coolant station would flash freeze that & then whammo you could make land.

(Thisnis assuming Orokin have ways to alter gravity, cancel out solar winds, & etc)

Some might argue Mercury could fulfill my dream of a fiery hellscape...but due to the lack of Ozone & atmosphere it's actually quite cold there. (I'd love to see that blazing skybox though.)

But who knows...maybe the Orokin gave it Atmosphere & not its a molten world?

I'm all over the place. Forgive my scatterbrained typing.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

11 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

There is one answer that nobody wrote, really.

"A Wizard did it".

Seriously, just look at Archwing! Flying in deep space with SOUND and RECOILESS GUNS that don't eject mass out of their rear! But who cares man, it's a game.

Well I’d prefer a rational that at least sounds bad ass rather than ridiculous. Sure DE can continue to conjure stories on the level of Orokin pulled ice trays from their trailer park fridge and threw them into the sun to “cool it down” and try to sell the idea that “gee these guys are so clever and bad ass”.

The Lotus moves the friggn moon from the void. Yet somehow the Orokin can’t work on that scope. At this rate the sentients should wipe out humanity because it’s so far gone. Seriously, the tenno are farting around the solar system, playing in their oversized skate board park between arcade games and committing mass murder for a few gun parts and bling bling. Up next “play pirates!” because it’s so not assasin’s creed. Oh and then we’ll be super serious for a 40min mini quest. Then back to Wyrmous because that’s what really draws the crowds.

Archwing’s problems involve garbage controls. They’ve never been given enough love to make it less than a utterly annoying to use, along with maps laden with eye sore collision clipping problems.

The sentients can keep Tyl and Glast around in a glass jar because of all the characters in the game, at least they have a clue.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I'm all over the place. Forgive my scatterbrained typing.

No worries about that.

I just think DE didnt want to use an ice-planet as their ice-planet since it would'nt be possible to include the Orokin tech they had in mind and have had in mind for Venus for a long time. It has always been a thing in the background that the planet got turned partially to ice due to the Orokin tech used there to terraform. Venus kinda had a run in with the Into Darkness volcano flash freeze thingy on a larger scale.

That could be a reason why the volcanos are simply mountains and corpus facilities, while the molten core of them is sipping out elsewhere on the planet. If DE made actual heat tiles for some Venus nodes I guess we wouldnt have to speculate on it. The tech used is far beyond what we can really comprehend, we can really only apply what we know about things, which is what makes it all fiction. And in WF's case I'd say it borderlines more to the techno-fantasy sub genre of sci-fi, the over the top kind we see in WH40k and Warzone/Mutant Chronicles where everything cant be explained through pure science. Mysticism or "space magic" also comes into the picture here.

We have the void, WH40k has the warp and Warzone has the dark symmetry of the apostles. And who knows what kinda experiments the Orokin has done with the powers of the void when it comes to terraforming things in their megalomanic fashion.

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

No worries about that.

I just think DE didnt want to use an ice-planet as their ice-planet since it would'nt be possible to include the Orokin tech they had in mind and have had in mind for Venus for a long time. It has always been a thing in the background that the planet got turned partially to ice due to the Orokin tech used there to terraform. Venus kinda had a run in with the Into Darkness volcano flash freeze thingy on a larger scale.

That could be a reason why the volcanos are simply mountains and corpus facilities, while the molten core of them is sipping out elsewhere on the planet. If DE made actual heat tiles for some Venus nodes I guess we wouldnt have to speculate on it. The tech used is far beyond what we can really comprehend, we can really only apply what we know about things, which is what makes it all fiction. And in WF's case I'd say it borderlines more to the techno-fantasy sub genre of sci-fi, the over the top kind we see in WH40k and Warzone/Mutant Chronicles where everything cant be explained through pure science. Mysticism or "space magic" also comes into the picture here.

We have the void, WH40k has the warp and Warzone has the dark symmetry of the apostles. And who knows what kinda experiments the Orokin has done with the powers of the void when it comes to terraforming things in their megalomanic fashion.

True. I admit...I have fun speculating to a certain extent.

I guess on a personal level. I'd have loved to see Orokin tech that made Venus habitable but kept it as a hellscape of fiery, ashy, & acidic nightmares.

In truth the majority of our Solar System is cold & icy.

So to see Venus turned into ice saddens me.

To be fair, the towers would have worked on Neptune or Uranus. Turning gas & liquid into solids essentially.

I guess realistically DE jumped the gun & before doing a tileset revamp they had started Fortuna development. 

I just now hope they will revamp all the planets/locations before they do another.

It's a bit much to make assumptions about how things work 10,000 years into the future. We haven't even discovered the void yet. We don't even know how to go about finding it. We're so far off, considering we're only in the 2000's. Go back just 2,000 years and tell someone about cars and computers. Go on, do it, we'll wait for you to get back. I bet they'll tell you it's ridiculous.

Also, PoE is flat.