Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Short gif of one of the more major changes: choose-your-Tribute. This will allow you to get the Auras you want, when you want them.

That's awesome!  Seems like potentially something that could be nice for Grendel too.

...but would it be ungrateful to say I'm a little disappointed just because you responded in a thread about two frames and I thought for a second maybe Nyx was getting bit more attention.  I know yall put a lot of work into her, but she's still not great.

13 часов назад, [DE]Rebecca сказал:

Long overdue, but we are working on more Titania items! Short gif of one of the more major changes: choose-your-Tribute. This will allow you to get the Auras you want, when you want them. We will have more details to share soon - expect a batch of changes that aim to make Titania more responsive and usable!

This is a really good change. Right now, the problem with Tribute is that, for example, we can't get a buff because corpus has given up melee enemies.This completely solves the problem.

1) Please, can we get regular weapons in razorwing? I was getting this through bugs in the game and it was much more fun and effective than it is now. I would like to leave the option of using Dex Pixia/Divata as a separate mode. Now, this is very limiting gameplay, builds. In my opinion, weapons are also content, but if I take Titania for archwing mode, I have to give up content, which is very sad.

Here are a few comments about how conventional weapons worked in razorwing:

a) The primary and secondary weapons worked well. You can just leave it as it is.

Спойлер

QHResDG.jpg

b) Melee weapons broke the animation of the wings and tried to use combos, which broke the animation even more.

Спойлер

BmvvbCl.jpg

It seems to me that it would be easier to implement animations based on air attacks:

Спойлер

c) Archwing weapon tries to use atmospheric animations, which completely breaks down.

Спойлер

2) Spellbind - I can't speak for the entire community, but it seems to me that only immunity to statuses is useful, while flying enemies are a negative factor. I don't mind flying enemies, but it would be great if Titania had some sort of mechanics to control their position.

3) Lantern has a bug that allows opponents to shoot. And very often opponents shoot at me on normal missions. This is very bad. I just can't rely on that ability.

Спойлер

Thank you for your work and I hope you will make Titania more useful and fun.

Right, I forgot. Operator mode breaks the flight acceleration animation now. Normal archwing in Empyrean also has this problem, but I haven't figured out why it occurs.

As a current ex titania main[would love to get back into her but the new background swaying motions from moving side to side introduced in the drydock/rising tide update gives me motion sicknes in confined spaces and to a lesser extent in open world spaces like the plains of eidolon as with plague star event let alone the current form of her razorwing sprint leaves her nearly unplayable], anyway as a ex titania main im thrilled with the prospect of a bit more tweaking, even if only the movement issues are resolved 1st ill be back to playing her faster then cats can run to the shake of a dry cat food box, the upcomming tribute tweak will be well welcome.

I can actually see my self actively trying to keep the thorns buff up now without the tedious nature it currently is of needing to be tributed from melee units, my only concern will be if it comes with a duration nerf on account of seemingly improved accessibility now to counter balance, i currently think it needs a duration bonus so i dont feel like im only getting 90 secs use out of it(would currently waste about 30 sec from casting, moving to the drop, picking the drop up[yes i know razorwings razor flies can pick it up for you but ill adress that as a whole further down], then moving back to where needed), i can see where there may seem to be cost to reward balance issues if you doubled the duration[so from 120 to 240sec] as is what i feel is needed.

So assuming there would be balance issues then how about a stacking duration system akin to the amesha archwing's benevolent decoy where in you can cast it up to 3 times in a row per bubble stacking the duration up to 3 times duration at the expense of overall more energy for a longer bubble, so maybe have tributes buff duration stack up to 3 times for the best of both worlds with the duration being perhaps either the current 120 sec topping out at 360sec max stacked buff or a slightly more balanced 100 sec topping out at 300 sec max buff duration, now bear in mind im only accounting for the thorns buff in all of this however i assume it would be able to be well enough adapted to all tributes in terms of balance.

Now for razorwings razor flies, i often found throughout most of my time playing her that while the razorflies are ment to improve survivability sometimes they hindered me from lack of ability to control them, most prominently anoying to me was doing survival runs where i would run out of life support due to not enough enemies comming into the choke point i had devised for farming efficiency all due to them gunning for the razorflies as per there increased agro, thus taking some time before they would die and forcing me to avoid or delay atempting to use choke points untill they where all gone, now while they where alive doing technically what they where meant to do[taking fire for me to lower received damage so to speak] they where overall[at least to me] hindering my ability to do the mission, now granted some missions benifit from the razorflies drawing agro like any form of defense mission and to a extent exterminate missions, they are in need of improvement.

Some annoying aspecs i run across include but may not be limited to, survival:razorflies not dying fast enough so you can make efficient use of choke points and the hindrance in picking up tribute buffs spawning more razorflies thus harking back to the 1st survival point, anything defence: Often enough razorflies dont end up lasting long enough at higher lvl's for full defense runs or they spread to thin to be effective and while picking up tribute buffs does slightly help with more razorflies for this there comes a point where it becomes a moot point due to enemy lvl or numbers, overall razorflies tend to never perform as needed from my view as one last point being that razorflies where allowed to pick up tributes but i found that if they where all engaged in combat then they often ignored picking up tributes thus needing to still be manually picked up, now as for how to fix razorflies ive seen it mentioned about making them a exalted companion and i agree that that should very much help if done thus allowing a high degree of customization to combat current issues.

Now the real fixing from making them a exalted companion would come from essentially there own augment mods[or a new ability touched on further down], like for making them stick to you like armor and taking all damage from shots akin to the amesha archwings watchful swarm maybe as a mechanism like will provide 5% damage reduction per alive razorflie and then taking away 1 razorflie per hit that would be lethal, another mod might be to make them systimatically swarm enemys 1 by 1 creating a new razorflie per person killed this way[or killed while being swarmed] that lasts for 20secs, anotther augment could be that they only attack enemies within x range potentially healing titania while there at it[or maybe through equipping the hunter recovery mod to the razorflies], otherwise if doing a augment system is to... Hmmm, tricky or to much of a hassle then i have seen it also mentioned to combine the spellbind and lantern abilities[thus freeing up a ability slot touched on further down], my take would be do this but make lantern press and hold while rooting the target to the ground[maybe visually with ivy/roots] as with my experience the floating corpse nature of the afflicted tends to[even when very little force is used] yeet[throw with great force] them into space thus tending to make such abilitys useless, at least by being anchored to the ground like that likely fixs that problem from my point of view, as for spellbind maybe tweek it so the enemy(s) affected are tethered down by ivy like energy protrusions[energy over more the physical looking ivy, reserving the physical ivy look for the more invasive feeling lantern] holding them in a trance[spell bound/weak looking energy ivy] manner while all status effects any friendlies take[within range of the spellbound, maybe a fixed range or equal to your affinity range perhaps] are rerouted to the spellbound target(s).

Anyway, with combining the 2 that leaves open a ability slot, thus for my preposed alternate idea of, if making 3 or so razorwing behavior altering exalted razorwing companion mods are to anoying/cluttering to add, then add a razorwing companion ability akin to khora's vernari ability tiped with 3 stances, 1[attack] would have the razorflies flie around like they do now with tapping the ability button to make them swarm an enemy till dead, 2[protec] would be the damage reduction cross amesha's watchfull swarm idear i mentioned earlier[or just a straight amesha's swarm knock off] with tapping the ability marking a ally for the razorflies to adhere to providing them with the buff at the expense of leaving titania defenceless, and 3[heal] having the razorflies increase armor and health over the entire squad a smidge with a lowish constant heal ment for rejuvenating targets overtime[with probably increased energy drain on titania] with tapping the ability for focused high power single target heals with the 2nd[protec] ment for more high lvl content where you will likely get 1 shot in combat anyway at some point thus having a guaranteed amount of survivable hits becoming more preferable over pure heals as at that stage, surviving hits its self while trying to "dodge" them as is meant to be razorwings gimmick to begin with even if the 2nd stance is a pure copy of amesha's watchfull swarm[meaning scrap my thought on added damage reduction], having the garenteed choice of if i cant dodge this shot[bombard rocket/stray bullet] then at least its not the end of the world will greatly improve titania's playability from my point of view, as someone who loves or loved playing titania as my main for over 300hrs closer to 400 last i approximated i was gutted when the drydock update virtually forced me to take a break from playing her in anything other then the plains of eidolon.

I've recently tried my hand at khora and while she is one of the closest ive found to being my new main and filling the "main" shaped hole in my warframe arsenal i suspect ill never be able to shake that titania shaped main hole, takes up over 40% of my total hrs played and as such i cant wait to be back flying around as the tiny pixie of death she has become to me, if only one things fixed then let it be her movement back to either pre drydock[personally preferred] or the new archwing controlls as is please, i need my pixie of death back 🙂

14 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Long overdue, but we are working on more Titania items! Short gif of one of the more major changes: choose-your-Tribute. This will allow you to get the Auras you want, when you want them. We will have more details to share soon - expect a batch of changes that aim to make Titania more responsive and usable!

Wouldn't something like this be applicable to Grendel as well? I ask because I would've thought this would be implemented on Grendel from the start.

Don't get me wrong, I really like both frames because they are so much fun to play - engaging. The main counter argument I can come up with is that Grendel's toxin buff might have to be toned down since Titania doesn't have a damage buff like that.

15 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This would be a lot better if the method of cycling through these multi-option abilities was improved. Holding and tapping buttons to cycle a list really sucks; it doesn't fit Warframe's gameplay pace at all. Perhaps it would be much improved with a double select system, like you press 1 to open the ability's list, and then press 1-4 to select one of them. Double tapping 1-1 or 1-4 or 1-3 will always be much smoother and easier and faster than trying to cycle a wheel one ability at a time.

As it is I can't really get overly hyped about this. It's a great improvement, but the system of cycling these abilities just kneecaps it.

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Are you gonna combine her cc abilities? And give her new replacement ability? Cuz if not, she will probably still be a nich frame used only by titania mains and people farming plague star. 

36 минут назад, PookieNumnums сказал:

Are you gonna combine her cc abilities? And give her new replacement ability? Cuz if not, she will probably still be a nich frame used only by titania mains and people farming plague star.

Titania will always be used only by Titania mains. People try to stay away from archwing. The question is, will the Titania mains group become bigger? xD

17 hours ago, Kylo. said:

That's great.

What about companions free roam in while in razorwing? Let's be honest if you are not in razorwing all the time, what are you even doing.

Not being LOCKED into using Dex Pixia.

Unpopular opinion? but here:

Exalted Weapons are limiting, specially in Titania's case where she gets other benefits from the skill that might be desirable while using other weapons! I wish I could use my Scourge, Astilla, Acceltra etc instead. Or at least my own choice secondaries!

Dex Pixia is a great weapon, but if I wanted to use it I would equip it. It would be nice if DEtached it from Titania, and just give her a bonus like Tatsu has with Revenant. Having a 4th skill is better than having a 4th weapon slot.

9 минут назад, Antris сказал:
Dex Pixia is a great weapon, but if I wanted to use it I would equip it. It would be nice if DEtached it from Titania, and just give her a bonus like Tatsu has with Revenant. Having a 4th skill is better than having a 4th weapon slot.

Removing Dex Pixia from the set is also too radical a change. There are some capable of separating razorwing and Dex Pixia, like pressing and holding key mechanics that would activate different levels of razorwing, or equinox way. In any case, I think Titania has enough ability slots. 

I'm personally happy with your version, but there are people who like Dex Pixia and want to keep it in its current state. I think keeping Dex Pixia is a compromise. We don't get a very useful ability, but at least it solves some problems. They only get a little complicated razorwing activation mechanics, which they won't worry about most of the time, because how often is razorwing activated per mission?

3 minutes ago, zhellon said:

Removing Dex Pixia from the set is also too radical a change. There are some capable of separating razorwing and Dex Pixia, like pressing and holding key mechanics that would activate different levels of razorwing, or equinox way. In any case, I think Titania has enough ability slots. 

I'm personally happy with your version, but there are people who like Dex Pixia and want to keep it in its current state. I think keeping Dex Pixia is a compromise. We don't get a very useful ability, but at least it solves some problems. They only get a little complicated razorwing activation mechanics, which they won't worry about most of the time, because how often is razorwing activated per mission?

Well I don't mean to remove it from the game, just having it behaving like sentinel weapons perhaps?

When building a Sentinel it comes with a weapon, Helios = Deconstructor. But using Deconstructor is an option, could ust as well equip Cryota, Artax, Vulklok, Deth Machine Rifle... and so on!

Even if its completely separated into an independent weapon, that doesn't come with Titania, would not do any harm to current players? So I don't see how its radical in a negative to players, it only improves the options.

The idea of adding razorflies as an ability similar to Khora is imo one of the best of this whole thread! That's how razorflies should work right from the start, exactly like Venari. Exalted companion, therefore modable, with attack/protect/heal stances. Perfect and it fixes one of Titania's most glaring flaws, that's the uselessness of razorflies. It actually fixes other flaws too, as it would add survivability to one of the most squishy albeit aggressive frames in the game. 

"But 3 exalted's would make her OvErPoWeReD"

The fear of making Titania "overpowered" is what destroyed her in first place. Remember how you would take damage for bumping at anything on Razorwing mode, the lack of vacuum fiasco and the tribute-stacking even bigger fiasco? The hindrances added to her kit are much stronger than the innate benefits...a mindset DE didn't care in the slightest for frames like Mesa, Saryn, Octavia and Wisp. So why with Titania???

Titania, for me, is just like Zelda on Smash Bros. She has potential. She always had, her design was made to be a character as good as Sheik, her top tier counterpart. But in order to "not make her too powerful" they added hindrance after hindrance and she is on her fourth game being a low/bottom tier character. They know how to fix her, we all know, they came close on Smash Ultimate but the fear of making her "oVeRpOwErEd" made her a low tier. Again. Palutena, on the other hand, also had potential. A lot! She was my main on 3DS/U era and my first impression when playing her was "this girl is gonna be the next Meta Knight".  Unfortunately the monstrous amount of lag and the bad special attacks made Palutena a low tier on SmashU, but she had her hindrances fixed without fear of "overpowering" her on Ultimate and, well....top tier. Not overpowered, not the best in the game because, just as Titania, her kit has innerent flaws, but great. Even if DE got to the rework table with the "screw if Titania is overpowered" mindset, she would end up being not as good as Saryn or Octavia, but she would be a top/high tier along with them.

@zhellon Aye, I just wanted to argue the first point a bit.

I like Fairy mode but I'm not fond of Exalted Weapons.

Dex Pixia doesn't even have nice particles, the Hitscan particles of older weapons like it and Imperator ground mode, are not good looking and are clearly awkwardly desync at longer ranges, new weapons like the Quellor, and projectile weapons are more pleasing. So even not counting gameplay, I would rather not be locked in using it! 😛

@Antrisyes. Weapons are content. I would prefer a regular weapon buff (maybe a crit, because it fits the style), rather than just a powerful conventional weapon, the characteristics of which are unchanged. Now slash damage is popular, but one rebalance and it can become bad. In the case of conventional weapons, I will simply change to a better status, but in the case of Dex Pixia, this is simply not possible. Plus, regular weapons can have unique mechanics or effects. 

But, as I said, I'm fine with Dex Pixia as a damage ability that I won't use often. All warframes have abilities that are not needed often.

Please consider changing that vacuum range in Razorwing! 12m is way too much for those of us who like to micro-manage our energy pickups. 2-3m would be fine for me, as I just don't want Titania to smack her face into the ground to when I try to pick stuff up. Just flying over what I want without sweeping the whole room would be a great QoL improvement.

20 minutes ago, (XB1)iDEATH said:

Please consider changing that vacuum range in Razorwing! 12m is way too much for those of us who like to micro-manage our energy pickups. 2-3m would be fine for me, as I just don't want Titania to smack her face into the ground to when I try to pick stuff up. Just flying over what I want without sweeping the whole room would be a great QoL improvement.

Pretty sure it used to be lower, but god was it awful if you were not micro-managing your energy. Want loot? too bad.

A better fix would to add a toggle, or make it so if your sentinel or companion has Fetch/Vacuum on it would apply in Razorwing. Easy fix, everyone is happy.

Alternatively they could allow you to mode your Razorflies and putting fetch on them would apply it to Titania.

It is unfair to force vacuum on those that don't want it but it is equally unfair to remove it and not give an option for the people that like having vacuum.

4 minutes ago, Pixzia said:

Pretty sure it used to be lower, but god was it awful if you were not micro-managing your energy. Want loot? too bad.

A better fix would to add a toggle, or make it so if your sentinel or companion has Fetch/Vacuum on it would apply in Razorwing. Easy fix, everyone is happy.

Alternatively they could allow you to mode your Razorflies and putting fetch on them would apply it to Titania.

It is unfair to force vacuum on those that don't want it but it is equally unfair to remove it and not give an option for the people that like having vacuum.

Thank you.

I shiver everytime someone complains about Titania's vacuum. It's absolutely necessary and a fundamental part of her survivability.

If there are people who don't like, well, don't take away from the rest of us who absolutely need it.

32 minutes ago, (NSW)Bayodrake said:

If there are people who don't like, well, don't take away from the rest of us who absolutely need it.

But they should at least have the option to not use it. 🙂

Sort of the best part about this game.

An idea I have for a nice augment for Tribute: making tribute buffs be pickable by allies and scale with power strength. And no, not giving any "con" to the augment in order to balance the "pros" for a simple reason: Titania, more than any other frame, has to spend a lot of mod capacity to stay alive. In order to be viable on endgame content, Titania needs at least Vitality, Aviator, Adaptation/Quick Thinking and now Aerodynamics. Removing a single one of these is already a MASSIVE sacrifice for a Titania build and it WILL jeopardize her efficiency and durability. And even if the player keeps these mods and chose to trade an efficiency/strength/duration for the augment, it will directly affect the power and usability of the augment. I think that's a great idea because it automatically synergizes with the Queen 's kit.

And about augment, Razorwing Blitz should not be an augment and I'm still puzzled as why, after all this years, it still is. It should be something native to her Razorwing mode and there's no reason for it not being. It would give the so needed synergy between her abilities, which barely exists within Titania's kit, and would also give her an up on power and survivability that we all know she desperately is in need of

"But she will become too fast!"

Gaus exists. I can end it here without bringing up Volt's and Wisp's abilities and we know how powerful these two frames are.

"But she will become overpowered"

I apologize in advance for my words, but that's absolute bulls*it and the very reason Titania is left on the meta-limbo she is now. As I said earlier, this unfounded fear of making her OvErPoWeReD (something completely absent in at least 20 frames I can name right now, mind you) is what gave us the no-vacuum, bump damage and buff stacking fiascos. There's no way to overpower Titania as she is now. You can give her immunity abilities like Rhino 's or Nezha's and it would drain in seconds thanks to her super low armor and health. You can give her Octavia 100% plus multishot buff she would still not have the aim Mesa has and would still be based around a completely different game mechanic which so many players dread or straight up don't have a clue how to control.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Bayodrake said:

Titania needs at least Vitality, Aviator, Adaptation/Quick Thinking and now Aerodynamics. Removing a single one of these is already a MASSIVE sacrifice for a Titania build and it WILL jeopardize her efficiency and durability

This frame has 2 amazing cc abilities, you do not NEED to use these mods. If you actively Lock down areas nothing should be hitting you anyways.

I find it harder to chose to mod for survivability over making her abilities stronger overall. And I still have problems modding even without survivability mods, which is just sad.

An idea I have for a nice augment for Tribute

To be honest they need to rework the one for Lantern before they make anymore. 

"But she will become overpowered"

There is already too much overpowered stuff in the game for this to be a valid argument anymore. I am tiered of hearing this as well.

1 час назад, (NSW)Bayodrake сказал:

In order to be viable on endgame content, Titania needs at least Vitality, Aviator, Adaptation/Quick Thinking and now Aerodynamics. Removing a single one of these is already a MASSIVE sacrifice for a Titania build and it WILL jeopardize her efficiency and durability. And even if the player keeps these mods and chose to trade an efficiency/strength/duration for the augment, it will directly affect the power and usability of the augment. I think that's a great idea because it automatically synergizes with the Queen 's kit.

Remove energy drain and dex pixia from razorwing and you no longer need strength and energy efficiency if you don't make glass canon.

In any case, I didn't understand your offer of an augment for Tribute. Just make a dependency on strength? First, it should be initially. Second, other stats should also influence the Tribute. I don't want to waste a slot on a mod that is actually a patch.

1 час назад, (NSW)Bayodrake сказал:

I apologise in advance for my words, but that's absolute bulls*it and the very reason Titania is left on the meta-limbo she is now. As I said earlier, this unfounded fear of making her OvErPoWeReD (something completely absent in at least 20 frames I can name right now, mind you) is what gave us the no-vacuum, bump damage and buff stacking fiascos. There's no way to overpower Titania as she is now. You can give her immunity abilities like Rhino 's or Nezha's and it would drain in seconds thanks to her super low armor and health. You can give her Octavia 100% plus multishot buff she would still not have the aim Mesa has and would still be based around a completely different game mechanic which so many players dread or straight up don't have a clue how to control.

If you want Titania to become overpowered, just let her disarm enemies. Titania, this is a frame that can hold height and melee enemies can't do damage. Therefore, disabling range weapons can be a powerful tool for Titania. Loki is the best friend for you now. 

3 minutes ago, zhellon said:

If you want Titania to become overpowered, just let her disarm enemies. Titania, this is a frame that can hold height and melee enemies can't do damage. Therefore, disabling long-range weapons can be a powerful tool for Titania. Loki is the best friend for you now. 

After Spellbind wears off the enemy should be disarmed instead of having to run back and pick up his gun.

1 минуту назад, Pixzia сказал:

After Spellbind wears off the enemy should be disarmed instead of having to run back and pick up his gun.

I know. But this is not the same as instantly disarm enemy for an infinite amount of time in large area.

Archived