Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please let this be the next open world.

TheWhitterMatter

So I have come to the conclusion that DE has to do infested next, as far as I'm concerned. There are currently only two infested planets, Mercury (half infested) and Eris. De could go the easy route and do one on mercury, because they seem to love attracting new players to the game with new content. However, what they really should be doing is updating the infested once more, to be like... actually infest things and turn enemies into... ugly enemies.Or maybe we can see some actual, infested creatures that are not half grineer/corpus. Some full infested enemies or Helminth, if that's what they are called. We really need more infested stuff (including decorations because there are 0 of them) and I think they are by far the most interesting faction, because of what they do. The only thing interesting about enemies like the corpus are the nullifiers and the new Venus A******s. The only interesting thing about the grineer enemies is how the scorpions love to cause a god damn gang rape all the time with the butchers. We also need some end game in here. We need something or some enemies to fight that are on a higher level. It world also be nice to see what a place like 95% completely taken over by the infested, we haven't seen any place like that.

Eris is just a better idea in the long term vs mercury. All of the open world zones currently have been good in the short term, with Eidolons and plague star being interesting for a while, and K-drives are fun too. PoE is just empty pretty much and caves are still pretty much closed for some strange reason.

Edited by TheWhitterMatter
I put this in the wrong forum

13 minutes ago, --Q--Captain said:

Can we just... not have another open world? And maybe get some endgame?

i want an END game Open world.... a full open war just like old dark sector clan batle but versus..  i dont know, some badass faction

The way I see it the most likely route DE will take is railjack - The new war-  infested open world area - sentient open world area. Not sure about the last one and it can be switched with the infested open world but that's just my thoughts on it.

Although it might be fun to have an open world map where the Corpus and Grineer have two different camps and periodically send troops out to fight each other over a piece of land that has high value (e.g. an Orokin tower) where the tower defenses kicks in and a three way battle ensues where the Tenno can come in and join a side or wreck everyone's day with the potential complication of infested or sentients doing a surprise attack to add a layer of challenge to the proceedings.

Edited by Cuchullin

4 hours ago, Cuchullin said:

The way I see it the most likely route DE will take is railjack - The new war-  infested open world area - sentient open world area. Not sure about the last one and it can be switched with the infested open world but that's just my thoughts on it.

Although it might be fun to have an open world map where the Corpus and Grineer have two different camps and periodically send troops out to fight each other over a piece of land that has high value (e.g. an Orokin tower) where the tower defenses kicks in and a three way battle ensues where the Tenno can come in and join a side or wreck everyone's day with the potential complication of infested or sentients doing a surprise attack to add a layer of challenge to the proceedings.

I hope it is like an underground open world. Like red faction 😄

I would like an infested Ballista. It would run like a MOA with the arms flailing. It would deploy into doorways blocking the path by opening the arms (which are split) spreading a membrane that cannot be pierced. It would attack by using it's mutated spiky head as a flail, the chain would be it's mutated spinal cord.

Or how about adding infested vents or moss that when players aproach suddently burst and release either a charger or spawn a razor tentacle.

Or Advanced Chargers that have shed all the armor and now resemble the helminth, also they would be able to pounce on players (like Manics) as well as run on walls and ceiling. Also Eximus of them would instead lie in wait either clumped on the ground as meatmoss ready to pounce or clinging to the ceiling to drop on unsuspecting players like the Licker from RE2.

Or have a golem made out of mutated corpses. Kind of like this:

Spoiler

20181203210241.jpg

On 2018-12-03 at 12:06 AM, Dahx11 said:

This can be a good way to introduce kitgun primaries as well. For lore reasons, it can be said that the colony has developed a nack for crafting artillery for combatting the infested or something like that

if you have not noticed, kitgun primaries are already displayed in fortuna.. Eudico is holding one..  there is a big empty space with yellow signs like kitgun pistols in the main hall which at the moment is just idling..

1 minute ago, THE_ZEEK said:

if you have not noticed, kitgun primaries are already displayed in fortuna.. Eudico is holding one..  there is a big empty space with yellow signs like kitgun pistols in the main hall which at the moment is just idling..

Well, the thing Eudico's holding is a Welder.

Some other NPC's use them. Not sure WHY Eudico's got a welder, but whatever. Rest of this still stands though, and I think they confirmed they're coming with For-two-na in the last Devstream.

In days of yore, the Void was harder to access and traditionally a harder-ish type of mission. 

As much as i would like to se a Void open area, I think it should be left for later. 

I think the next open area should be in Eris, an infested battlefield, and the uber boss would be Jordas 2.0.

After this, I would like an open area with non-euclidean space - think escher's drawings and Portal - which would have environments crossing the Void tileset, Lua tileset and Derelict tileset. Yes, this one would have the involvement of Vor somehow. In a plot twist, I would like to have the Tenno find a way to have a truce with him, and have Corrupted Vor guide the Tenno in the Void open world for his own reasons.

On 2018-12-02 at 6:12 PM, -_Highlander_- said:

I agree with OP .. but .. but .. let railjack come first pls 

this ground battles can be to much sometimes

and we need something newer than an ground war :angel:

Railjack is due "earlish" 2019 so if DE makes that target it will definitely be before any other major open world which probably be late 2019 to early 2020 at the earliest.

And that could actually work out quite nicely.  Have infested Eris with the infested region but you can railjack up to orbit to see and explore what is practically spacehulks of Grineer, Orokin, other random, and maybe even a derelict of abandoned and infested ships.  

infested open world could have dead zones with infested bosses and hordes and challenges/events only accessible with some kind of resource that protects you from the air or something that can be bought with standing and dropped by by bounties

And a frame to come out of this would be like a parasite that focuses on supporting just for the sake of being different than nidus 

Edited by (PS4)BloodyXSavageX

On 2018-12-03 at 12:28 AM, Tsoe said:

i want an END game Open world.... a full open war just like old dark sector clan batle but versus..  i dont know, some badass faction

I only know that if I see 3 more syndacates pop up I'm probably going to shoot myself....and I don't even want to talk about the new resources.

On 2018-12-02 at 6:28 PM, Tsoe said:

I'm hoping The New War has something like that for Sentients.

It may not be the Grineer's turn again for a bit, but the one I'm most interested in is Uranus. I want Waterworld...

I cant say i would want another open world.  The majority of the warframes are ill suited to it,  the maps take forever to get anywhere meaningful,  and the enemy spawns are way too random to get a decent kill spree happening.  Oh and the maps are dead feeling without any wildlife or non combatants on the fields. 

If they did make one...  Id hope it was sort of an asteroid...  So we could literally fly around the entire diameter of it. And meteor showers could be a random thing that happens

On 2018-12-03 at 6:48 PM, EinheriarJudith said:

id rather them not do another open world until they fix PoE, fix Eidolons, fix all the bugs still present in fortuna, fix Onslaught, actually there is alot to be fixed.

It will be nice for new missions etc. but I agree with him that first they need to fix all bugs. After that do new things/missions etc.

I don`t like infest at all :D If they made new open world it could be mixed with all 3 enemies in one open world place this will be fun.