Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magus Elevate and Magus Nourish should be removed from a game.

Atekron

16 minutes ago, Atekron said:

2 arcanes will heal you to full health in fraction of second, and you asking why it's broken? 

how it's invalidate tanks? why I need to play a tank if I can play high DPS frame, that supposed to be squishy and never die

Yeah, if they both proc. And a tank frame will simply let you take more hits and go further into the high levels before running a risk of getting insta-gibbed. You need to survive the hits in order to be able to heal with elevate, if you die to a sneeze that will never be the case. As I said, elevate is an oh S#&$ button. Magus Repair outshines it if you want reliable safe healing (for you and your team at that). It is however currently bugged for Excal Umbra.

edit: Heck, companions are more reliable healing sources than 2x Elevate.

Edited by SneakyErvin

37 minutes ago, Atekron said:

how it's invalidate tanks? why I need to play a tank if I can play high DPS frame, that supposed to be squishy and never die

this is isn't true in some cases. Take mag and mirage for an example. Both are dps frame (mag does have a lot of CC element nto it, but her main trait, magnetize, is damage ability) still suffer from their squishy-ness. You can go to high level mission and still can die bcs enemies can 1 shot you. Enemies can also chain CC you and kill you, should you fail avoiding their CC.

Having magus elevate does not automatically make these frame unkillable. Use quick thinking? you can stuck on "loop" as your frame has 2 hp, you get out, your frame still take damage despite you on a transference (yes they are not 100% immune to damage when you are on operator), and if its fatal, your operator are forced back to the frame without healing it. This process can keep repeating until you ran out of energy.

It's not OP. Heck, I personally found it strange you said it benefit dps frame most and make tank frame irrelevant because i think it benefit tanky frame way more than dps frame. Tank frame are mostly can't be 1 shot and since it doesn't kill them, you can heal them right back up.

As for making making other mods irrelevant, err... I would say getting life strike is pretty easy and cheap, so for me, it's kinda like progression. At early stage of the game, you use LS and when you finally able to have elevate, you replace it! But!! you can still use LS as your healing tools if you chose to use other useful magus, such as anomaly, lock down, overload, melt, etc.

And remember, you need to spam 5 to heal your frame, and while you are spamming, you can't damage enemies. it is strong yes, very strong but not OP.

If you have 300 health and you take 400 damage, you will still die and Elevate/Nourish doesn't really break that on its own. It effectively gives every frame a healing ability that's somewhat lazy and spammable. Vazarin does this to some degree and it's hard to argue if having to Void Dash through your stationary frame is an actual balancing mechanic, which I don't think it really is.

They really only invalidate healing, Health Restores and Shields rather than spoil anything else. If this is a problem though, then everything else that bypasses the value of any Restores such as Energy is also a problem. This is the smallest contributor to the DPS obsession.

Edited by RX-3DR

Health and energy restores should be removed from game.

they make game ridiculously easy

they completely invalidate tanky frames

they completely invalidate CC frames

they make survivability mods not worthy mod slot

they push META in a direction where only damage matter

they make life strike, healing return outdated

True story. :clem:

• Like 1

This is not the game you are looking for...

Yes, there are a whole slew of things that make this game a casual affair (I did a mobile defense sortie with a Limbo the other day...so easy/boring). I've stopped using life strike in favor of 2 rank 1 magnus nourish. I like to play Nova, who can be quite tanky but has low health. It's been so effective I haven't bothered ranking up the enhancements since I don't feel like farming eidolons. While waiting a few seconds to recoup health I can hide in the void, pew pew enemies, and end with a dash for energy regen before returning to my frame.

It's kind of nice having a game you can always pick up and play to kill time that doesn't really stress your gaming skills. It's fine...

3 hours ago, Atekron said:

I do love my elevates so much! but..

...I do know it's will never happen but that's the reason of why only damage counts right now, that's why Nyx, Loki, Vauban became outdated and "power creep" corrupts game more and more

This is part of growing up. Learn some self control and make some plat in the process. Just sell them and stop being a baby. You shouldn't expect DE to coddle you and punish you at the same time. If you want it to be harder to get heals, don't use Magus Elevate. 

It's 100% your fault if you can't figure out how to unequip an unnecessary Arcane that you love and hate at the same time. How many people are actually in your position? That last question is important because you're asking DE to alter the game for a "problem" that's only specific to you. Fix YOU.

2 hours ago, Atekron said:

...I do know it's will never happen but that's the reason of why only damage counts right now, that's why Nyx, Loki, Vauban became outdated and "power creep" corrupts game more and more

^^^ here, your welcome

but, "opinions still need evidence right" are you sure about this? anyway above some explanation why those arcanes in my opinion are bad

Umm Garuda can do the same thing except for the whole team. I don't see her invalidating all the tanky frames...

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

It's kind of nice having a game you can always pick up and play to kill time that doesn't really stress your gaming skills. It's fine..

Why does that have to be it though? Why not have that be the basis of lower tier content, or hell, lower difficulty modes?

Why is it okay for the entire game to be a casual affair? Especially one where it's casual to the point of boredom.

• Like 2

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Why does that have to be it though? Why not have that be the basis of lower tier content, or hell, lower difficulty modes?

Why is it okay for the entire game to be a casual affair? Especially one where it's casual to the point of boredom.

You'll have to ask DE Mr. Monkey, this isn't where I wanted Warframe to be when I started playing 5 years ago. I'm just being realistic, this ship is too big to turn around now, also the rudder is broken. People here will laugh and mock me but I'll be taking a serious look at Anthem when the open beta starts on Feb 1.

5 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Because casuals spend the most money I guess.

Casuals don't need effort, they're low maintenance. They will defend you if you're wrong or right. They will eat scraps and tell you to be grateful. Casuals don't need to be challenged, they're fine with the illusion of victory.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

You'll have to ask DE Mr. Monkey, this isn't where I wanted Warframe to be when I started playing 5 years ago. I'm just being realistic, this ship is too big to turn around now, also the rudder is broken. People here will laugh and mock me but I'll be taking a serious look at Anthem when the open beta starts on Feb 1.

I know I know... I hate what the game has become.

As for Anthem, I'm literally playing perma-loading the demo right now. The small chunks that I've managed to play are, imo, promising. The combat feels so much better than Warframe's does anyway, not that it's all that difficult to achieve that feat.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Most of Warframe is lower tier content. If anything we should have higher difficulty modes. Magus Elevate is really useful when it's hard to get heals from other methods. If you're bored, keep asking for harder content to be added. 

We will NEVER get anywhere if some people keep asking for nerfs while many of us just want harder content added. We should be on the same side, but for some reason people expect DE to alienate the players who are currently happy with what we have now. Leave those players alone and just ask for new stuff if you're bored with current content. 

Imo those should have common CD, of lets say 10s. That way you can't just spam 4 few times to max your HP.

There. Fixed.

On a side note, the naysayers and deniers are really strong here. And it's kinda funny considering how busted those arcanes are. Disgusting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Atekron said:

no even close, not even close dude

they not as effective and cost resources

They're the same thing. How can you hate on Magus Elevate, but not pizzas? People can craft hundreds or thousands of pizzas as soon as they get access to a blueprint. A lot of people won't touch Cetus Arcanes because of the resource or platinum investment. 

27 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

why game designers decided such massive health regen is okay?

who decided that mod with 90% damage reduction to everything is okay?

why frame can deal tons of damage and be unkillable in the same time?

why they nerf Ember?

3 minutes ago, deothor said:

Imo those should have common CD, of lets say 10s. That way you can't just spam 4 few times to max your HP.

There. Fixed.

On a side note, the naysayers and deniers are really strong here. And it's kinda funny considering how busted those arcanes are. Disgusting.

they just worry that DE will take away their toys