Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anthem and what Warframe can learn from it

_Urakaze_

1 hour ago, EmberStar said:

You had a much different experience than I did.  I thought flight in Anthem felt terrible.  The controls were sluggish and had a terrible habit of going from "not turning fast enough!" to "Too fast, too fast, WALL!" constantly.  The underwater controls were even worse.  The few times I dropped into water I'd have to pause for several seconds to slowly turn in the direction I wanted to go (because the camera always lurched "realistically" when I hit the water and I *never* ended up facing the correct direction.)

Sprinting and dashing was... just kind of there.  I ended up choosing to unlock the Interceptor (wasn't part of the VIP demo, so I had to pick just one.)  And even the most mobile of all of them felt... okay, I guess.  I played around with the dash/evade option for about two minutes in the open world, then mostly forgot it existed.  Enemies either had lock-on tracking bullets, or just threw out so *many* of them that dodging for a split second mostly didn't make any difference whatsoever.  If I was actually being shot at, the best way to NOT be shot at was always to run behind a rock and stay there, and hope that it wasn't an NPC with magic ground piercing sniper bullets.  (The Scar snipers would pretty reliably nuke me even with no possible line of sight.)

As you said, the overall UI is... not good.  In my opinion, it's a pretty good example of "console first!" garbage design.  You often can't even simply click on something, you have to "click and hold."  Because I guess that's a thing consoles do.  Because... I guess console gamers are really twitchy and constantly press the wrong button by accident, so they need to give them a solid second or so to change their mind and *not* press the button?

I might get Anthem.  Eventually.  But the demo was a frustrating mess.  And the fact that everything is mandatory public matchmaking except for story missions... nope.  I'm not a super l33t player who can solo Mot for hours (or even to rotation C most of the time.)  But I don't really feel it improves my experience to be teamed with random strangers on the Internet.  Especially if there's any chance some of the bugs in the demo might survive to the live game.  (A fairly irritating one was that anytime someone dropped in or out of a freeplay mission, every single enemy would despawn.) 

Also, the in-game tools for actually forming a team seemed... kind of garbage.  In Freeplay, I didn't see any way to invite someone to team up.  I have no idea if it shares XP when two people are just fighting next to each other, or if it does the "whoever gets the last hit gets the XP" thing.  Maybe it does show that, and I just turned the option off at some point.  I usually turn things like Damage Floaters off immediately, so maybe there's an XP floater that pops up that I just wasn't seeing.

In *one* case during the whole weekend, I ran into an in-progress map event or something, with a Colossus making a "heroic last stand" in the middle of the Scar village.  I ran up just as they got downed, and managed to revive them and started pushing back the numerous Elites that had spawned.  And just as we seemed to be winning and the mini-event went to the next phase.... poof.  Every single enemy despawned, event reset, have a nice day, thank you come again.  We stood there for a few moments, in awkward silence, and then just both wandered away.  No text chat (and I *always* disable voice chat) so I have no clue if they even said anything.  That encounter kind of summarizes the whole demo for me.  A lot of meh, and anytime anything even slightly interesting started to happen, it was ruined by a crash, disconnect, or random bug.

Most of those issues are being addressed. https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/5/18205886/anthem-biggest-changes-demo-full-game

2 hours ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

choice of material

Yeah, and there are a lot of choices for material. Oh and a color wheel. Oh and the channels for said colors and materials are consistent and make sense. Unlike the outdated "color palettes" that often don't even show the correct color(s) in Warframe. Don't get me wrong, the customization in Warframe is fine, just dated. And that's ok. There's a lot of stuff I think it's fun that's dated I still play. 

11 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Checked the article.  It didn't mention anything about changes to flight on PC, or any intention to address the garbage console-based UI design.  Not even sure they *can,* and it's been a consistent issue since ME2.  The UI in ME2 and ME3 was at least playable on PC, but it showed badly that it had been primarily set up for consoles.  Neither of those games had the BS "hold to confirm that you intended to press the button you are pressing" though.  I hated that in No Man's Sky, and it's even more obnoxious in Anthem.

And yeah, I forgot to mention the thing with Echos.  (Little sparks of light.  Collect them to disable the Big Scary Ancient Device.)  I did try the Stronghold twice.  And the second time, we got what seemed to be a deliberate troll.  They'd collect echos, then wouldn't jump on the relic pad to turn them in.  It happened both times with the first two relics.  With the third relic in the tunnels, they managed to get downed almost immediately.  And after their performance jumping back and forth just out of turn-in range on the previous two, all three of use apparently wordlessly decided to leave them dead while we collected the six fragments for that one.

And yeah, should also mention how fun the respawn system is.  You can't respawn on your own.  If you get knocked down, you stay down until someone revives you or the whole team wipes.  And if the team wipes, the whole current checkpoint resets.  That's *so* much fun if the matchmaking threw together a team with no real combo synergy.  For example, no Storm and everyone else has Priming attacks like fire and ice, but no detonator attacks.  Unlike Mass Effect 3, there don't seem to be ammo mods to allow you to prime or detonate with gunfire.  You *really* need to understand the combo system to pick powers that can allow you to self-prime and self-detonate.  (The article did mention they're planning to add icons to let you know which power does what.  In the demo, I'm fairly sure some people never even realized it was a thing that could happen.)

I will say that it's nice that their giant spider boss doesn't have invulnerability phases (well not exactly) and that the minions don't spam you with constant knock back/up/down attacks that you can't avoid.  (She does have phases where you can't shoot her, but that's because she scurries up the wall and down a side tunnel where you can't follow.  Not because bullets just magically stop working.)

Overall, I liked reading your post just now EmberStar, but I got a couple things to... nitpick?

3 hours ago, EmberStar said:

It didn't mention anything about changes to flight on PC

When I first loaded up the VIP , I got outside and noticed right off the flight was sluggish to respond so I instantly went into options (L) and changed the sensitivity to better suit myself, and what I can pilot a javelin at. I got it to the point of where I was faster than almost everyone except Javelins that were faster than my own. Swimming settings were separate so I was able to switch those around to be a lot less jerky, and more sluggish than what they were at default, so overall the in air, and underwater flight felt right, with mouse+keyboard.

I am only quoting this since that seemed to be a follow up of your post on page 14. Which I read it's entirety as well.

I did try the Stronghold twice.  And the second time, we got what seemed to be a deliberate troll.  They'd collect echos, then wouldn't jump on the relic pad to turn them in

Now that you mention it; I did experience that in the very last hour of the open Demo there on Sunday. Didn't occur to me that the reason the player was screwing around on the other side of the map, was trolling.

That's *so* much fun if the matchmaking threw together a team with no real combo synergy.  For example, no Storm and everyone else has Priming attacks like fire and ice, but no detonator attacks.

Did you know that most of the Javelins Melee attacks could detonate? I got really good with the Colossus in the open Demo to where I was just using Railgun to knock out turrets, Shock Pulse, and melee to Detonate the Electric Primer. It was so effective that I was the main DPS in about 4 Strongholds, back to back, on Hard. Shock Pulse was a 5m radius Tesla Coil on your back that you used in the Ordnance slot instead of a mortar, or the like. It'd Prime enemies with Electric, and I'd detonate it with a Melee Attack, which for Colossus, was a ground slam that sent out a shock wave in a good radius. The shock wave would detonate the electric,(Same for all the elements except maybe poison) giving me a very nice combo, and recharged my Ultimate. I'd kill all the spiderlings as they spawned, have my Ultimate recharged at the set of each reappearance of the "Swarm Tyrant" Which led me to nuking it constantly with the Colossus' Ultimate. Each shot increased up from 7.8k to over 10k per shot by the half way point on it's Health bar. Railgun was by that point, dealing 5.7k dmg per shot in the weak point you opened up in it's eggsack region.

Anyway, I'm probably a little carried away here now, but Colossus melee can detonate primer skills, because of the shock wave it causes. Ranger can do this too because of his shock baton. Storm does it because he's a natural elemental welder. Interceptor is the only one I am not positive on rather (s)he could detonate primers with the melee attacks or not. Seemed like not.

will say that it's nice that their giant spider boss doesn't have invulnerability phases (well not exactly) and that the minions don't spam you with constant knock back/up/down attacks that you can't avoid.  (She does have phases where you can't shoot her, but that's because she scurries up the wall and down a side tunnel where you can't follow.  Not because bullets just magically stop working.)

That's another thing to what I was just writing about above.. You could use your Ult on it while it was climbing walls(if you lead it), shoot it with your lesser powers, such as the Railgun, or Mortar, Grenade, etc.

Overall, I liked reading your comment on Page 14, and this one. I enjoyed reading an other's opinion that wasn't pigheaded about their HDR caused the game to black screen and not play, gotta uninstall instantly, comment/opinion of the game. (That's in the comments of the polygon webpage link)

P.S. I guess I'm not really nitpicking you or anything, just really felt like sharing.

Edited by Alcatraz

Checked the article.  It didn't mention anything about changes to flight on PC, or any intention to address the garbage console-based UI design.  Not even sure they *can,* and it's been a consistent issue since ME2.  The UI in ME2 and ME3 was at least playable on PC, but it showed badly that it had been primarily set up for consoles.  Neither of those games had the BS "hold to confirm that you intended to press the button you are pressing" though.  I hated that in No Man's Sky, and it's even more obnoxious in Anthem.

And yeah, I forgot to mention the thing with Echos.  (Little sparks of light.  Collect them to disable the Big Scary Ancient Device.)  I did try the Stronghold twice.  And the second time, we got what seemed to be a deliberate troll.  They'd collect echos, then wouldn't jump on the relic pad to turn them in.  It happened both times with the first two relics.  With the third relic in the tunnels, they managed to get downed almost immediately.  And after their performance jumping back and forth just out of turn-in range on the previous two, all three of use apparently wordlessly decided to leave them dead while we collected the six fragments for that one.

And yeah, should also mention how fun the respawn system is.  You can't respawn on your own.  If you get knocked down, you stay down until someone revives you or the whole team wipes.  And if the team wipes, the whole current checkpoint resets.  That's *so* much fun if the matchmaking threw together a team with no real combo synergy.  For example, no Storm and everyone else has Priming attacks like fire and ice, but no detonator attacks.  Unlike Mass Effect 3, there don't seem to be ammo mods to allow you to prime or detonate with gunfire.  You *really* need to understand the combo system to pick powers that can allow you to self-prime and self-detonate.  (The article did mention they're planning to add icons to let you know which power does what.  In the demo, I'm fairly sure some people never even realized it was a thing that could happen.)

I will say that it's nice that their giant spider boss doesn't have invulnerability phases (well not exactly) and that the minions don't spam you with constant knock back/up/down attacks that you can't avoid.  (She does have phases where you can't shoot her, but that's because she scurries up the wall and down a side tunnel where you can't follow.  Not because bullets just magically stop working.)

Just note on the part about rando team synergy and priming effects, I don't think its valid to say that everybody can bring priming effects like fire and ice but no detonators, because if you even have 1 colossus on your team half of his kit is detonation, the other half is fire and kinetic stuff depending on which you go for, ...or at least in what would be a smart choice for a build.

Edited by birdobash

4 hours ago, (PS4)GrottanGo said:

I wouldn't be disappointed should DE introduce a new flight model. at all.

that jetpack propelled flight of anthem seems awkward but it's working, just keep an eye on it.

My thoughts exactly. Well, I'd go even further than that. I think Archwing needs an improved flight model, and I think Anthem's Iron Man-style flight model is the way to go. Now, I'm not talking about Anthem's flight controls (the way flight functions). I think the way we control Archwing is actually superior to how we control Javelins because in Warframe, it's direct/raw mouse input. However, it's the way that Archwings move when boosting that is problematic, imo. The Archwing does not fly naturally, and instead turns and flies diagonally. I also think DE needs to change how we shoot when boosting with Archwings. Right now, it really doesn't make sense, and there is no animation for shooting while boosting, especially when looking behind you and to the sides. I wouldn't mind if they removed the ability to shoot while boosting altogether, really. If DE could change how the Archwing flies when boosting, and that mainly involves the Archwing moving on a curve when turning (with appropriate animations) and allowing us to change the speed (as we can in Anthem), and if they change how we shoot while boosting, then I believe Archwing would be a much better system than it is now.

Also, DE needs to start releasing new archwings.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

13 minutes ago, birdobash said:

Just note on the part about rando team synergy and priming effects, I don't think its valid to say that everybody can bring priming effects like fire and ice but no detonators, because if you even have 1 colossus on your team half of his kit is detonation, the other half is fire and kinetic stuff depending on which you go for, ...or at least in what would be a smart choice for a build.

And once there are better indicators about how the priming system works, that might be a valid argument.  The demo didn't make any effort to mention it though, and it's something people only figured out by accident or because it's something that Mass Effect did previously.  The Stronghold mission I mentioned, with the possible troll?  We had three Interceptors and a Ranger.  (The Ranger was the likely troll.)  I had a Frost Glaive and a Lightning-based kick.  As near as I can tell, they can't detonate each other because both are priming attacks.  I had them equipped because nothing better had dropped, and because Interceptors seem to self-trigger a combo if they melee for a few seconds.  It causes a small detonation and grants an elemental aura.  I also had a single shot sniper rifle with explosive bullets (the only weapon that had an elemental effect I found) that seemed to be able to detonate Frozen targets. 

For Interceptors, the third power is always a support/buff power.  The only two I ever found were A) one that cleanses any elemental effects or Damage Over Time effects on yourself and any team members in a small radius and B) a single target debuff that causes the target to take 33% more damage from all attacks.  It also jumps to the next closest target if the current one dies before the time is up.  Neither counts for setting up Detonations.  The fourth Intercepter attack is basically Vakyr's Hysteria.  You become an invincible melee whirlwind for a few seconds.  This one seemed to be able to trigger Detonations, but since you can't use any other powers while it's running you're pretty dependent on team mates recognizing what you're doing and pouring fire, ice or lightning on the target so you can detonate the elemental dots.  (More dots!)

Of the other three players in that stronghold run, the power selection was equally random.  You can't count on always getting a Colossus or Storm.  The matchmaking seems to just throw together the first four players it can find, regardless of what armor they're using.  Freeplay is even more random, since the other three people dropped in might be clear across the map.

Maybe the full game includes a tutorial about setting up combos, and at least one article claims they're planning to make it more obvious which powers do what.  But in the demo, combo detonations were something that mostly seemed to happen by accident.  Since it could happen without the cause being obvious, I can totally imagine some people misunderstanding the mechanic and thinking they'd gotten some kind of theatrical "super critical hit."  Rather than it being an intentional mechanic they could duplicate on purpose.

Nah.... Anthem feels like another Bioware game. i.e. clunky movement even if it's miles better than mass effect etc by now, emphasized skill cooldowns, visual glitches, etc.

1. Power creep is already a massive issue in WF as is. How and why you're consider this a good conceptual addition to WF's current state is beyond me.

2. Far as "customization" goes in Anthem, all that I've seen have bore minimal to no real change in gameplay to differing Javelins... i.e. it's all smoke and mirrors compared to WF's simpler swap to diff Frame for "the right job". Unless BioWare actually make these customization show substantial gameplay changes to each javelin then no reason why it would be a reference point to WF.

3. Only seen storm and interceptor Javs so far that have decently fluid animation, but even then it's nothing too different from what WF has. Otherwise, animations in Anthem are clunkier than WF in general.

Overall it really does feel more like a D2 competition than WF, let alone inspiration.

21 minutes ago, Tsardova said:

2. Far as "customization" goes in Anthem, all that I've seen have bore minimal to no real change in gameplay to differing Javelins... i.e. it's all smoke and mirrors compared to WF's simpler swap to diff Frame for "the right job". Unless BioWare actually make these customization show substantial gameplay changes to each javelin then no reason why it would be a reference point to WF.

The Javelins are each roughly equivalent to a Warframe.  They each have a different selection of abilities and a different focus in combat.  The Interceptor is the fast one, the Ranger is the balanced one, the Storm is the slow-and-wizard one, and the Colossus is the slow-and-tanky one.  The customization options are loosely similar to Warframe skins and helmets.  They have no mechanical effect on gameplay.  There was also only one set of parts available for each suit.  Although you could mix and match, swapping out only the arms, or the chest, or the legs, or just the helmet.  Or whatever combination appealed to you. 

Personally I didn't much care for the alternate appearances.  For the Ranger and Interceptor, the alt helmets were really blocky looking and there seemed to be an overall focus on adding random spikes and airfoils/heat sinks to the design.  One thing I liked about the Interceptor was the clean, sleek design.  Some people on another forum didn't like the default because it's the closest of the four to a "female" look, with a slender waist and wider hips.  I think it's more of a runner's physique, but some people are super sensitive about stuff like that.  I've seen comments before from people who absolutely refuse to play female Warframes, so it's an attitude some people have.

In any case, the cosmetics shown in the demo were simply alternate outfits, with no in-game effect other than to possibly allow you to relate more strongly to a given suit of armor.  There's no substantial gameplay difference between a Standard Ranger and a Ranger with a cash store skin.  Of course, there's no difference between a Garuda with or without the cosmetic alt-helmet.  Some people like the look.  Some don't.  My main concern with their cosmetic store will be how long it takes to earn credits.  The shop doesn't really allow you to "earn through gameplay" if it takes months of constant play to actually afford anything.

14 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Interesting

And this I thought I'd share. You may find interesting too?

Im really trying to curve my enthusiasm, but this trailer that talks about Anthem "end game" is really interesting. 

If one thing is for sure, the marketing team is doing a fantastic job. It's peaked my interest for sure.  

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

1 hour ago, EmberStar said:

The Javelins are each roughly equivalent to a Warframe.  They each have a different selection of abilities and a different focus in combat.  The Interceptor is the fast one, the Ranger is the balanced one, the Storm is the slow-and-wizard one, and the Colossus is the slow-and-tanky one.  The customization options are loosely similar to Warframe skins and helmets.  They have no mechanical effect on gameplay.  There was also only one set of parts available for each suit.  Although you could mix and match, swapping out only the arms, or the chest, or the legs, or just the helmet.  Or whatever combination appealed to you. 

Personally I didn't much care for the alternate appearances.  For the Ranger and Interceptor, the alt helmets were really blocky looking and there seemed to be an overall focus on adding random spikes and airfoils/heat sinks to the design.  One thing I liked about the Interceptor was the clean, sleek design.  Some people on another forum didn't like the default because it's the closest of the four to a "female" look, with a slender waist and wider hips.  I think it's more of a runner's physique, but some people are super sensitive about stuff like that.  I've seen comments before from people who absolutely refuse to play female Warframes, so it's an attitude some people have.

In any case, the cosmetics shown in the demo were simply alternate outfits, with no in-game effect other than to possibly allow you to relate more strongly to a given suit of armor.  There's no substantial gameplay difference between a Standard Ranger and a Ranger with a cash store skin.  Of course, there's no difference between a Garuda with or without the cosmetic alt-helmet.  Some people like the look.  Some don't.  My main concern with their cosmetic store will be how long it takes to earn credits.  The shop doesn't really allow you to "earn through gameplay" if it takes months of constant play to actually afford anything.

All the more reason point number 2 doesn't add to TC's argument I suppose.

On 2019-01-29 at 11:25 AM, _Urakaze_ said:

Seeing the VIP Demo, well the working portion anyway, really have some good mechanics/visuals that Warframe could take reference from.

1. Combo system

I know we have similar things in the form of combined elemental damage types. We can add more depth to it. In addition, this will be a good chance to buff some underperforming status effects/damage types. To illustrate my idea, I will use heat and magnetic as example

fire proc burns enemy and after 3 seconds, soften the armor and enemy armor is reduced by 50% for the duration of the heat proc. If magnetic proc is applied to enemy while the armor is soften, 50% of armor is stripped permanently.

the possibilities are infinite.

2. Customization

let us choose the texture and condition of warframes

3. Movement animation

I like how each javelin have their own movement set that fits their role/style and it adds immersion. Specifically the movement set of interceptor makes it feel more agile, which goes well with the assassin/ninja class

for warframes, we could add several different movement set base on classes/roles/styles that can be changed just like static animation, since adding unique movements for all warframes would be a huge pain

imagine Titania hovers while moving and shooting

another thing is the legs, they should adjust according to the terrain so that two feet are always stepping on the ground. Of course this is not a feature created by Bioware, but it is a nice detail that Warframe can have nonetheless.

just my 2cents

Note : You feedback was good but take this notes Never compared old game to new game

Yeah everyone know there is very big different

Number 2 and 3 are very make nonsense for me,it's took almost forever to finish that even for big game

On 2019-01-29 at 11:25 AM, _Urakaze_ said:

Seeing the VIP Demo, well the working portion anyway, really have some good mechanics/visuals that Warframe could take reference from.

1. Combo system

I know we have similar things in the form of combined elemental damage types. We can add more depth to it. In addition, this will be a good chance to buff some underperforming status effects/damage types. To illustrate my idea, I will use heat and magnetic as example

fire proc burns enemy and after 3 seconds, soften the armor and enemy armor is reduced by 50% for the duration of the heat proc. If magnetic proc is applied to enemy while the armor is soften, 50% of armor is stripped permanently.

the possibilities are infinite.

2. Customization

let us choose the texture and condition of warframes

3. Movement animation

I like how each javelin have their own movement set that fits their role/style and it adds immersion. Specifically the movement set of interceptor makes it feel more agile, which goes well with the assassin/ninja class

for warframes, we could add several different movement set base on classes/roles/styles that can be changed just like static animation, since adding unique movements for all warframes would be a huge pain

imagine Titania hovers while moving and shooting

another thing is the legs, they should adjust according to the terrain so that two feet are always stepping on the ground. Of course this is not a feature created by Bioware, but it is a nice detail that Warframe can have nonetheless.

just my 2cents

Note : You feedback was good but take this notes Never compared old game to new game

Yeah everyone know there is very big different

Number 2 and 3 are very make nonsense for me,it's took almost forever to finish that even for big game

14 hours ago, rune_me said:

I guess that depends on what you want from a game, then. To me, what you described is pretty much the reason I play a game like D3. To go as far as you can, then grind for that slightly better gear (in D3 mostly levelling up your gem to increase the stats on your gear once you have the perfect set), so you can push it just that one step further. Then rinse and repeat. That's actually the thing I enjoy about the genre. 

The issue is that many of those games dont have slightly better gear. Even D3 caps out very quickly. It isnt uncommon to have a full set of ancients a week into a season. After that it just becomes a grind for the gems and paragons so you can advance 5 GRs and do the same again to advance another 5 GRs. I dont mind gear grinds when there is a purpose and actual progression in it, like it is in PoE, Grim Dawn and most other well made arpgs.

8 hours ago, EmberStar said:

And once there are better indicators about how the priming system works, that might be a valid argument.  The demo didn't make any effort to mention it though, and it's something people only figured out by accident or because it's something that Mass Effect did previously.  The Stronghold mission I mentioned, with the possible troll?  We had three Interceptors and a Ranger.  (The Ranger was the likely troll.)  I had a Frost Glaive and a Lightning-based kick.  As near as I can tell, they can't detonate each other because both are priming attacks.  I had them equipped because nothing better had dropped, and because Interceptors seem to self-trigger a combo if they melee for a few seconds.  It causes a small detonation and grants an elemental aura.  I also had a single shot sniper rifle with explosive bullets (the only weapon that had an elemental effect I found) that seemed to be able to detonate Frozen targets. 

For Interceptors, the third power is always a support/buff power.  The only two I ever found were A) one that cleanses any elemental effects or Damage Over Time effects on yourself and any team members in a small radius and B) a single target debuff that causes the target to take 33% more damage from all attacks.  It also jumps to the next closest target if the current one dies before the time is up.  Neither counts for setting up Detonations.  The fourth Intercepter attack is basically Vakyr's Hysteria.  You become an invincible melee whirlwind for a few seconds.  This one seemed to be able to trigger Detonations, but since you can't use any other powers while it's running you're pretty dependent on team mates recognizing what you're doing and pouring fire, ice or lightning on the target so you can detonate the elemental dots.  (More dots!)

Of the other three players in that stronghold run, the power selection was equally random.  You can't count on always getting a Colossus or Storm.  The matchmaking seems to just throw together the first four players it can find, regardless of what armor they're using.  Freeplay is even more random, since the other three people dropped in might be clear across the map.

Maybe the full game includes a tutorial about setting up combos, and at least one article claims they're planning to make it more obvious which powers do what.  But in the demo, combo detonations were something that mostly seemed to happen by accident.  Since it could happen without the cause being obvious, I can totally imagine some people misunderstanding the mechanic and thinking they'd gotten some kind of theatrical "super critical hit."  Rather than it being an intentional mechanic they could duplicate on purpose.

The support slot of each javelin has nothing that relates to direct damaging effects, none of them do anything that prime or detonate targets, and so far each javelin only has 2 support slots so you basically found the 2 for interceptor available in the game.

17 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Yeah, and there are a lot of choices for material. Oh and a color wheel. Oh and the channels for said colors and materials are consistent and make sense. Unlike the outdated "color palettes" that often don't even show the correct color(s) in Warframe.

I really hope the devs take notice of this and actually do something about it.

20 hours ago, rune_me said:

I never played Andromeda. ME2 was a huge let down for me, and that was actually where I lost faith in Bioware as it became very obvious that they were more interested in creating action shooters than the gold old-fashioned RPG's I used to love them for. So I never played ME3 or Andromeda. 

But I did very much enjoy the slow-paced movement of Anthem. It was obviously very different from Warframes, but maybe that's why I liked it. If you've been eating sweet for too long, you might enjoy something sour for a change. And vice versa. It was nice to actually have to stop and look around and try to orient yourself in a fight. 

I loved ME1 and ME2 and, discounting the ending, ME3 as well. I played them all multiple times. A response to my post a few pages ago he says he doesn't care about story, only about gameplay, which I read as "action". That's fine. On the other hand you don't want action, you want an old school RPG and that's fine too. I love both. I spend many hundreds of hours in the Baldur's Gate games as well as in games like Borderlands. With the ME series Bioware tried to do it all, story, action and RPG elements. And IMO, ME1 and ME2 did a great job of that. ME3 had the best action type gameplay and was the shortest on story and RPG, but again, discounting the ending, was a solid game. And all 3 had good characters and DLC's that tied into the main story. I also played the ME3 MP well after they dropped support.

Andromeda changed all that. It's development history is filled with horrid mistakes, backtracking, huge downsizing, rushed development, downright laughable animations, hurried excuses, half assed patches and then dropping all support long before the game was properly fixed and with zero of the promised DLCs. They even screwed the MP game up by never developing enemies, reskinned existing enemies, new areas that were just night time version of existing ones, then dumping a years worth of additions in one giant dump, most of it worthless and that upped the grind to get what you really wanted to a degree I'd never seen before (outside of EA games, anyway), then followed by bailing on any future support or content. I pre ordered Andromeda and that's on me, it was stupid. But it was based on my love of Bioware games and the carefully crafted demos which showed all the good stuff and none of the bad. That's on them.

That's the same company making Anthem. Not only have I lost my love of Bioware, my hatred of all things EA is at a new height. Anthem could be the best came in the entire history of gaming and I'll wait until at least 3 trusted reviews are out, the game has at least one major patch and one major promised DLC, and even then I won't buy it at more than half price.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, (PS4)GrottanGo said:

I wouldn't be disappointed should DE introduce a new flight model. at all.

that jetpack propelled flight of anthem seems awkward but it's working, just keep an eye on it.

I can see why its working, it has a couple of factors that make the oppostive of the Archwing we have:

• Its slower;
  • Doesnt have the crazy innertia;
  • Has weight;

Lets face it, Anthem is much more akin to Destiny than Warframe by a long shot and seemly have similar TTK, as a consequence its slower paced. Slower paced means you have far more control than a fast moving Archwing. The Javelins feel heavy when they fly and boost, which is non-existent in Archwing, again because of how fast they all are.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 3rdpig said:

That's the same company making Anthem. Not only have I lost my love of Bioware, my hatred of all things EA is at a new height. Anthem could be the best came in the entire history of gaming and I'll wait until at least 3 trusted reviews are out, the game has at least one major patch and one major promised DLC, and even then I won't buy it at more than half price.

I completely understand...

If you ever research into why Andromeda was so uneven, you will see mention of Project Dylan made many times,  and that it was developed by their JV team because their main Dev House was working on Dylan.

Project Dylan is confirmed to be what we now know of as Anthem.

Bioware is famous for it's successes for good reason and Anthem could very well number among them...I don't fault your skepticism though and I am maintaining a healthy bit of it myself until I hear more specific from the phase 1 launch next week.

Had I my strongest preferences... I would love to see these two IPs married with Anthem being set on what's revealed to be a planet in the Andromeda galaxy or revealed to be a Milky Way planet rebuilding after what we know of as a Reaper invasion.

That would drag me into the story immediately.