Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.4.2

[DE]Megan

While you're doing controller-related fixes, can't you please add a toggle that disables WASD and arrow keys moving the cursor? And the cursor being centered when you have to select an amount of something in your inventory? Anything that takes the mouse cursor away from your control is a huge quality of life issue for those of us who never have, never do, and never will play Warframe with a controller. This has been here since the controller update in June and no one from DE has even recognized it as an issue.

Something as simple as being able to disable controller support in the game would be perfect.

il y a 14 minutes, [DE]Megan a dit :

Controller Changes & Fixes:

• Melee Channeling can no longer be rebound on Controller due to it completely breaking Melee 2.99997 changes. We apologize for the discomfort this may cause for those who have built their controllers comfortably around a different binding. You can't make an omelette without cracking some eggs!
  • Fixed a widespread issue where players using Controllers could no longer Aim after the Melee 2.99997 changes. This affected numerous mechanics like Aim Gliding, Melee Channeling, etc.
    • We’ll be continuing to monitor controller issues as they arise! If you’re still having issues, restoring your Controller bindings to ‘Default’ will help in the meantime. Please let us know of further issues!
  • Fixed an issue where attempting to reload your Primary/Secondary while in Melee mode would not transition you back to your gun. 

So here's a question / possible solution. 

I play on a PS4 controller. I had Melee Channel and Aim set to L2. Resetting to default puts Channel bat on R3 (which is what I used for secondary fire). Which has no impact on Operator AMP secondary fire. However, it does make using secondary fire difficult on primary weapons. 

Would it be possible to allow secondary fire to be added to the controller in a different way? Either by long press (Triangle for instance) or allow it to be added to the ability menu? 

I currently press L1 to bring up the ability menu, and could easily incorporate L1+R2 for secondary fire. 

Other than the Melee Channeling, I absolutely LOVE what's been done to Melee combat. 

24.4.2 COMPLETELY BROKE controllers. When I log in no controller inputs are detected in the orbiter. The left stick works in menus but no button presses are recognized. Controllers worked in 24.4.0 and 24.4.1. Controllers are no longer functional. Please revert whatever you did.

Steps I took to debug - reset to default controls. Exited. Restarted. No change.

It's currently impossible to perform block-combos on a controller while you have a primary or secondary weapon equipped because the "Fire Weapon" keybinding on the right trigger (or any other keybinding for that matter) takes precedence over the continuation of the combo. Holding the trigger down after firing a shot doesn't allow you to continue on to perform a block combo either.

If you could fix this I would really appreciate it -- block combos are really important for certain stances, and they get even more important when your weapons are swinging quickly enough to make the timing of pause combos difficult to execute.

4 minutes ago, King-Gilgamesh said:

Feels like another possible bug controller not registering at all cant move unless im on pause screen then can only move cursor cannot select anything or back out of menu unless using keyboard 

What controller setup are you using? My wired xb360 controller is working totally fine.

9 minutes ago, Golmihr said:

Thank you ❤️ (Would still like a toggle option but this is better than nothing like in the old system.)

Likewise, i want that too, but for now, this sounds like a pretty good temporary substitute for manual block. I think using Hildryn with her First Ability sounds like a neat idea to try out, where if you ever really need ranged, that ability got ya covered.

um, just installed this update.

My Controller now does nothing.

No matter what I press, aside from the analog sticks in the options menu.

Have to navigate everything with keyboard and mouse.

(XB one controller)

edit:

Also an old gripe, but I can't get Move down and Move up to work at all for Archwing when they are on the Controller's Triggers. L2 R2.

6 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What controller setup are you using? My wired xb360 controller is working totally fine.

Not OP but same problem. Xbox elite. Tried both wireless and wired. Going to reboot controller to see if that fixes the problem. I was logged in and playing before hotfix.

UPDATE - Problem solved by rebooting computer.

17 minutes ago, -Bing- said:

Do you remember plains of eidalon? It took months for bounties to be stable. Just be more careful and extract sooner.

I've been doing fractures solo to ensure this doesn't happen.  Glad they fixed the quick canister pick up bug, that super sucked.

It took alot of "shuffling" to get "Melee Channel" to pair up with "Secondary Fire" on my xbox style controller's B button. The patch seemed to fix the issue with Melee Channel on B interfering with ability menu ability 3 and fishing and mining subgear 3. Thanks! That's a start.

But I need you to look at my key bindings. I NEED jump as Left Stick Press and Toggle Crouch as Right Stick Press so that I can still aim fluidly while sliding or jumping.... otherwise I have to let go of "Look" or "Move" just to do a jump or acrobatics... not good.

Anyway, I fianlly "tricked" the system into letting me bind the keys how I should beable to in the first place. I fought alot of "Cannot move Melee Channel" and "Melee Function is Bound" issues but finally i was about to work out these bindings. These are issues with the Warframe Controller Bind system, it needs to be fixed not "Locked."

https://imgur.com/a/RJo5S7V

Spoiler

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/RJo5S7V"><a href="//imgur.com/RJo5S7V"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Now if you could just let us Bind freely whatever key we want, that'd be amazing, just always "Tie" Secondary Fire and Melee Channel together or make them appear as one set function, ei just Secondary Fire, and know that it trigger melee channel during melee.

Last request??!?! PLEASE give us a bindable "Toggle UI" button for keys and controllers.

4 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

Can confirm my DS4 using DS4Windows works flawlessly still.

Aside from the issues I mentioned regarding block-combos my wired xb360 controller is working perfectly fine as well.

Archived