Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Market dead on PS4

AbioticViper

So it would seem unless its a perfect Groll no one buys Rivens for over 200 plat now.

Not complaining but i listed a Amprex Riv D CC SC -Max Ammo for 750 then 450 then 200 then 175 plat and got no replies to test this lol

So what brought the collapse of the riven market finally 😄

BTW i still see guys listing rivs for 2kplat and 8h later same guys still listing 😛

So happy this finally happened, is it just PS4 or all platforms ?

1 minute ago, Dragoss93 said:

I noticed on pc too. I wonder what happened to that "mafia" riven clan and that guy that said he won't allow new players use good rivens. 

Im assuming everyone finally found out they were getting ripped off and stoped buying rivs 😛

In all fairness you nuke 99% of content without riv, you dont even need rubico riv anymore just nuke with amp LMAO

48 minutes ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

Because PS4 players are poor?

Their Platinum circulation is not as good.

Kinda like Switch's when it first started.

These Riven Prices don't help either.

Seeing a PC player said hes seeing the same as me unlikely

As good as what? PC/Xbox/Switch? And define not as good, as in how does PC differ to PS4 circulation?

What the Riven prices? Too expensive or cheap? Examples?

Ive seen vague replies but you sir, its like your brain turned off half way through your reply lol

13 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Maybe the Riven Disposition Updates have finally made people realize that they shouldn't invest so heavily on something that could easily be nerfed?

BTW when is the next Disposition Update scheduled? supposedly DE said they'd be doing them regularly now right?

Pretty sure, rivens are now a bad choice to invest into, it won't make rivens cheaper, just make people less likely to buy them.  Worst of both worlds I'm pretty certain.

• Like 1

I always had a problem selling pretty much any prime stuff, let alone rivens. I don't know how did these riven prices you mentioned change in the past, are you saying there was a drop or were they always cost much less than on pc? Note that pc has discounted platinum and consoles only get that a few times a year.

its a totally inventive and imaginary price market made entirely by what players feel that stuff is worth, its not like ps4/xbox/pc players are losing out on anything from some earlier certain fixed price, if their generally worth loads then thats fine but they can be just as easily be worth nothing.

*shrug* no big deal tbh, this is what happens in any supply/demand economy.

I suppose the actual act of selling is dead, but the amount of people advertising in trade chat.. non-Riven Traders are lucky if they can get a word in. it's becoming a real problem: you can filter it out, sure, but Trade chat moves at a snail's pace if you filter out Rivens, that's how much of a difference it makes.

DE really should just make a Riven Chat tab where people can buy/sell/trade/show off Rivens without disrupting the rest of the trade community. poor sods trying to sell primes just get drowned out in seconds lol.

3 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Maybe the Riven Disposition Updates have finally made people realize that they shouldn't invest so heavily on something that could easily be nerfed?

BTW when is the next Disposition Update scheduled? supposedly DE said they'd be doing them regularly now right?

They said that the disposition updates will come togather with prime access, so every 3 months.

A lot of people don't understand that you can even trade rivens and BTW why should i buy a 15.000 plat riven?If it's so good you should use yourself.

DE said rivens was good to dust off some old weapons but from  what i can see, the only market is for old weapons with a recent prime or special version...

Edited by bibmobello
  • Like 1

I would never pay much if anything for a riven... It's a bad idea when they can and have changed weapon disposition retroactively.  I do the sortie everyday on PC and PS4 I have tons of rivens already I roll my own and save my plat for cosmetics.  I actually have a lot of veiled riven's on PC and PS4 now I spend almost no time on rivens anymore since the last disposition change it doesn't seem worth the effort when they could be destroyed at any time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AbioticViper said:

Seeing a PC player said hes seeing the same as me unlikely

As good as what? PC/Xbox/Switch? And define not as good, as in how does PC differ to PS4 circulation?

What the Riven prices? Too expensive or cheap? Examples?

Ive seen vague replies but you sir, its like your brain turned off half way through your reply lol

honestly, on PC the prices can be inflated due to the fact you can get 75% discount on platinum, meaning, you get away with buying the 200$ pack for 50, and the fact you cant get tennogen with platinum on PC mean alot of users dont really have anything else to do with it other then forma and relic packs (also tennogen on pc only available if your launch from steam and have your warframe account linked), people on console dont exactly sit on a stockpile of platinum like pc users that can afford 2000-4000 platinum for less then 50$ with a discount, so they are very stingy with how much they willing to trade for it, in this situation noone would want to spend more then however much a weapon cost for a single mod, no matter good good it is.

to put it simply, if you want to go political or echonomy wise here, consoles are like the US/UK while PC is like japan with thier currency, the platinum worth between those is that drastic ignoring whatever platinum you get from a prime pack that is not discounted.

12 hours ago, AbioticViper said:

So it would seem unless its a perfect Groll no one buys Rivens for over 200 plat now.

Not complaining but i listed a Amprex Riv D CC SC -Max Ammo for 750 then 450 then 200 then 175 plat and got no replies to test this lol

So what brought the collapse of the riven market finally 😄

BTW i still see guys listing rivs for 2kplat and 8h later same guys still listing 😛

So happy this finally happened, is it just PS4 or all platforms ?

🙂 Don't really have a use for it but I might be able to scrape together 100 p for you if you really want it gone. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

DE really should just make a Riven Chat tab where people can buy/sell/trade/show off Rivens without disrupting the rest of the trade community. poor sods trying to sell primes just get drowned out in seconds lol.

I've been saying this for a while, hell the switch version has so much Riven spam sometimes that even posting 5 items for sale will be shoved out of sight in seconds.