Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.5.2

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed ability to destroy the Exploiter Orb’s vents simultaneously. One vent at a time! 

I feel like this should be considered just a valid strategy. If you killed one vent, it'd freeze them and move into a longer process of destroying them. If you're smarter with it and destroy them all at once, you get to skip ahead to the outside phase.

I would have simply fixed the scripting so it doesn't do all the dialogue in a clunky way and just skips to the "I'm going outside now" part of the script if you killed all the vents at once. 

Also, I was disappointed to see you released a hotfix without doing anything about the Nightwave weeklies. You took the time to nerf things that were beneficial to the players but aren't doing anything about Nightwave issues. Even if you refuse to change the requirements mid season, you could hotfix it so we can taxi people to profit taker so more people can get it done. I'd also prefer you remove the "with a friend" requirement since it's absurd that I can't just do the damn thing in a public game. 

Go on, please kill the word 'fun' and 'fast' in this game, especially for busy people that got plenty of works in real life. Profit-Taker is already one of the worst boss that you've already created especially for solo players, laggy (for low-end pc + slow internet folks), with plenty of outta nowhere mobs, bad shield resistance system and crazy damage. And now this, removing a slight fun for speed runners. Well, Exploiter Orb is fun to fight even solo (it'll be a lot cooler if you guys rethink about solo players, too, let the raknoids spawn less for them), it takes 15-20 mins to fight it, but now, you guys make it increases the time to fight it.

My love for Warframe always fluctuating after each hotfixes. Thank you, DE. Solo player is nowhere inside you guys mind, isn't it?

Fixed ability to destroy the Exploiter Orb’s vents simultaneously. One vent at a time! 

Making a tedious fight more tedious. Excellent.

1 minute ago, .LeiA._ said:

My love for Warframe always fluctuating after each hotfixes. Thank you, DE. Solo player is nowhere inside you guys mind, isn't it?

They will never consider solo play for something like this. The boss fight was rushed, as you can tell by the lack of markers for where the coolant spawns, the bugs at launch (such as it never spawning, or becoming jailbirds for deck-12 when trying to go outside only for the doors to never open).

I mean, take Hildryn for example. You have players in her thread offering cohesive suggestions to make her better than a weaker version of Mag, only for DE to simply take one change (adding a dash), and implementing it so that said change is significantly worse than what was recommended.

Posting again after encountering a bug this hotfix produced. Me and my friends did phase 1 properly and as we were leaving Deck 12, the door wouldn't open. After waiting 5 minutes we decided to leave and it kicked us back out to Fortuna. We spent time to do the first half of this tedious fight and weren't allowed to do the second half. Please, DE, if you'r going to rush out a "fix" this quickly, don't break the rest of the fight. This is a mess.

32 minutes ago, PrEdAtOrGR94 said:

Regarding the Hildryn warframe. After the hotfix i cant seem to be able to use Balefire while using Aegis Storm anymore. When i try to use it i get the "Ability prevented". Is this what is supposed to be happening now? The only way i can now use Balefire with Aegis storm is if i activate the former prior to the Aegis storm.

Same.

I can trigger balefire before going into aegis storm and it will work like before, but I can't trigger balefire if I'm already in aegis storm. 

Exploiter Orb Fixes:

• Fixed ability to destroy the Exploiter Orb’s vents simultaneously. One vent at a time!

But what about fixing the problem where 3 of 4 canisters dont register as a 'hit' because of no reason or because they depend on the host connection, kinda like Nova's 2 work.

• Fixed inability to descend or dodge while Hildryn’s Aegis Storm is active on controller.

That's good, but I can't descend on keyboard. Perhaps it is because my 4th ability has been keybound to ctrl for as long as I can remember, but can we please descend using our current crouch keybind? I am not changing that keybind over 1 frame refusing to work with it. If this isn't actually the cause of the issue then I have no idea why I cannot descend as Hildryn.

Incase anyone thinks it has to do with my archwing keybinds, my descend key is the same as my warframe crouch key.

Has played hours to farm new loot from new Exploiter Orb boss right after this patch.
Looks like I has lost all loot, from the game session. Game has stopped (stucks) permanently before two doors after finishing first phase. Leaved party, but this was not solved my problem. No quit. No way to home. Has closed game... Lost all loot. So...

===== UNHAPPY =======

NB:Bug request #1655486

1 hour ago, Proteo said:

Exploiter Orb Fixes:

Well, it was fun XD.

Didn't know I was exploiting the Exploiter.  I had Octavia because I didn't want to get shot, I thought it was a happy coincidence.

BTW, Mallet doesn't prevent you from getting shot. 😪 

1 hour ago, Rinkata_Prime said:

This game need to get rid of hostplayers. Every game session should be stored at the server, in that way even 60 tenno roaming over valis will be possible and no more problems with "provider blocked your warframe ports, you can't join to anybody anomore". Server side sessions! Please! Pleeeeease!!!

There is no way DE’s servers can handle that load. Period.

Was doing an arbitration mission, we got the adaptation mod, the host decided to leave early, they got solo extracted mere seconds before I could get there, host migration happens, I get to extraction but the mod is now gone and replaced with seedy step. I'm not sure how to feel about that...

21 minutes ago, Borg1611 said:

I feel like this should be considered just a valid strategy. If you killed one vent, it'd freeze them and move into a longer process of destroying them. If you're smarter with it and destroy them all at once, you get to skip ahead to the outside phase.

I would have simply fixed the scripting so it doesn't do all the dialogue in a clunky way and just skips to the "I'm going outside now" part of the script if you killed all the vents at once. 

Also, I was disappointed to see you released a hotfix without doing anything about the Nightwave weeklies. You took the time to nerf things that were beneficial to the players but aren't doing anything about Nightwave issues. Even if you refuse to change the requirements mid season, you could hotfix it so we can taxi people to profit taker so more people can get it done. I'd also prefer you remove the "with a friend" requirement since it's absurd that I can't just do the damn thing in a public game. 

I might not know stuff correctly but from what I remember/heard, one of the fun portion of Warframe is not from how the developers develop the game purposely but an "exploit" of how it was developed.  (Run on sentence is a run on sentence.)  The crazy jumping and sliding and stuff was by a bug in the game and developers realized this was how people want to play and made it like that.  That was great of DE to take what the people do and not punish them but reward and give it to all.  

NOW, they are punishing people for playing a certain why and not seeing how the community is playing the game and rewarding and giving to all.  I like the idea, if you play this way, you skip long, if you do that way, you get dialogue and information (nice to separate new ppl from experienced).  In that vain, maybe the longer way could be the easier way for solo/new people to learn.  

1 hour ago, -Bing- said:

The fight was barely tolerable with this cheese in place. These are unfun mechanics (read: NOT DIFFICULT) that consume a ton of time and for most players, who haven't yet received both Ephemera, extremely frustrating. 

When will DE get a boss fight right? The world may never know.

This is interesting.  I had a similar opinion of this boss fight (finding it a downgrade from Profit Taker which got several things right, but suffered heavily from still being balanced around the mess that is Chroma while also adding further bonus value to him with his credit cheese - I do like that it's a more enjoyable credit farm than Index, though).  Yet, everyone I had played it with seemed to absolutely love it for some reason, and showered DE's design team with praises over the "best boss to date" even doing it without the vent cheese (which I couldn't be bothered to look up, but bore witness to once).

I think at some point I'm going to have to start a forum topic to open discussion around boss design that compares what people liked and disliked about some of the more recent ones that have been quite different in nature from the star chart ones.  There's a million topics lambasting the design of the star chart bosses, but we all know those complaints there already: lots of invincibility phase waiting around, too easy to oneshot and protected only by those timegates, etc.  That's also an old and silly discussion in my eyes because they exist mostly to add some unique encounters for new players pushing down the star chart the first time and are rarely/never done outside of sorties after getting the warframe from it.  Eidolons got their own handful of feedback that seems to influenced a more inventive design for the two Orbs, but I think it's time someone took a step back and reviewed the Eidolons and both Orbs all side by side and got people comparing.  Maybe I'll try to open that discussion, because it's clear to me that the community is quite divided on Exploiter Orb, with many praising it and a large number chewing it up as well.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed ability to destroy the Exploiter Orb’s vents simultaneously. One vent at a time! 

Fixed the one thing that made this fight tolerable. Alright. Cool. Don't bother fixing all of the other bugs, though. Yeah, sounds like DE.

That bug that occasionally makes the thermia capsules clip through the boss and hit the wall behind her, thus tacking on an additional ~2-5 minutes in total per run? That's no big deal. 
The bug that deletes non-sentinel followers upon going into the first stage, lasting until you leave the area to extract? Also not a problem. Who needs vacuum anyways, right?

The bug that occasionally happens when there are enemies left over from the first stage and you attempt transition to the next, forcing you to outright restart your game if you want to continue, thus throwing out ~7-10 minutes of progress? Small enough problem to be ignored.

Yeah, the fight's working well enough, right? Let's prioritize the thing that counteracts the time lost with the other bugs. Sounds like a great idea. Absolutely brilliant.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying removing this bug was an entirely terrible thing. I'm just saying that the other stuff should take priority or at least be fixed at around the same time. Don't just overlook the other ones because they don't directly benefit people.

2 hours ago, Obliviatorv2 said:

still need that Melee controller fix, not fun being unable to use my weapons 

1 hour ago, Quamobrem said:

*Please fix melee channeling on controllers*

There is absolutely no reason why channeling should:

1: Be unmovable.
2: Only be placed as an alternate to shooting inputs while Melee mode is active.
3: *Ever* be on a stick press.

Please allow us to bind channeling as its own independent button.

Additionally, fix the issue with controllers running out of available buttons by allowing us to place more inputs in the Ability Menu. Yes, I know it was originally just for powers, but if we can move around focus and transference in it, we should be able to bind other stuff to the keys we would bind focus and transference to.

1 hour ago, TheLivingExile said:

Me, Hands cupped around mouth yelling: Wheres the controller melee channeling fix HUH???

Seriously... I feel this issue is being ignored. Half my normal squad mates have stopped playing the game because of the melee issue and it's hindering a lot of my missions.

Archived