Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

10 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

If you weren't always the host then they're not going to guarantee that you are good to go. I'm sorry that you are having this issue, but I can honestly say that to the best of my knowledge, I haven't had a similar problem. 

One time as solo though- but I wasn’t the host for the second time.

I’m just glad this happened AFTER gaining rank 30- that would have driven me mad otherwise haha.

Edited by (PS4)corpusbonds
  • Like 1

Prolly been said before, but we NEED to have an icon for Nightmare missions that lists where they are, what they are, and what their modifier is - especially if we're going to be using them as much as we are in Nightwave.  I want to quickly and easily launch them... not have to go hunting and browse through the planets to launch ones I think would be the most time efficient to run in the scope of the Nightwave.

Rank 30 at last!

Here's my review of Nightwave so far. Sure, it's been a grind, but overall I had an enjoyable run. The Saturn Six armor set actually looks fantastic and colors well, and as a fashion-frame-is-endgame guy, this made it worth it for me lmao. Again I do believe the system itself is great, but after going through everything to get to 30, I think DE is a few tweaks away from hitting a home run. Here are some pros and cons I got out of my own Nightwave experience:

Pros:
1. The slow drips of lore. I love caring about the game and knowing what I'm doing and why I'm doing things. I love the story of Warframe and I'd love to see more. This is a great way to tell future side-stories to the main cinematic missions.
2. Great high tier rewards. Did I already say that the armor set looks great? It really does tho.
3. Revisiting the star chart. As someone who has long cleared the chart, it was nostalgic going through content that I used to struggle in.
4. A sense of purpose. Well, for the most part. Tons of people on this forum, reddit, twitter, etc. have dubbed Nightwave as Chorewave, and I don't think their complains are unfounded. Some of these challenges just need to be tweaked, and I'm going to get to that in a bit.

Cons:
1. Unnecessary challenges. A ton of you have already noted the missions that a lot of us have problems with. [DE]Bear even pointed out a few of the most popular ones at the start of this thread. Inventory checks are always bad. There's no challenge, really. It's less of a can-you-do-this? and more of a but-do-you-have-this-now? type of deal. The weapon gilding challenges were also troublesome. Cost of a weapon slot, standing grind, etc. This is just a hassle if you have nothing you want to gild at the moment. Friend gated challenges again, are also unnecessary. Some people have suggested using the recruit chat to take some randos as friends, but this really is just an unnecessary workaround to achieve the exact same result as entering the a public mission. Also, some people love playing this game solo. Let's not be unfair to them. 
2. Imbalanced challenges. Some 3k challenges take 15 minutes to complete. Some of them take more than a day. It shouldn't be this way. A 3k challenge should feel like a 3k challenge across the board. This is why some challenges feel like more of a chore than others.
3. Wolf Creds drip too slow. This is less an argument against the amount you can amass by the end of rank 30, but more an argument against the frequency that you obtain said creds. This is just going by my own feeling here, but they feel too far apart right now.
4. The system punishes late comers. Everybody's personal circumstances are different. Some people can't play when they want to for many understandable reasons. Unfortunately, if you start too late, there's no way you're going to hit rank 30. Well, unless you want to grind the crap out of the Saturn Six escapees. But that's just not something everyone is willing to do.

Suggestions:
1. Remove/replace/rework the challenges I've listed above. Now you might see this and say, "But you hit rank 30 doe. What's the problem?" Well the goal here is for every challenge to be enjoyable. "Damn these are all fun. What should I do first?" sounds a lot better than, "This sucks. I'd rather do this instead." Also, less challenges skipped means getting to rank 30 sooner, which means the prestige levels past 30 become more relevant.
2. Have a clear distinction between elite weekly challenges and regular weekly challenges. What do I mean by this? Some weekly challenges are equal, if not greater, than elite weekly challenges in terms of time to complete. I shouldn't be progressing a weekly challenge longer than an elite weekly challenge. Additionally, I think regular weekly challenges should be more passive, and things you can complete just by playing the game. You can have more challenging tasks, and those time locked challenges like doing multiple sorties and whatnot, as elite weekly challenges. Maybe even increase the available elite weekly challenges from 3 to 5 to give more room for the devs to be creative. I'd like to have more passive weekly challenges, and at the same time, I'd like for them to ramp up the creativity and challenge of the elite weekly challenges.
2. Increase the frequency of attaining Wolf Creds. This system is supposed to be an alert replacement. Faster access to the cred offering store, where all the old alert rewards are, should be a primary focus.
3. Have the weeks stay and accumulate and expire when the event ends instead of having them expire week after week. Late comers should be able to choose which week of the series to set active, and clear them at their own pace to catch up. My idea of having the weeks still expire after the event is over (counter to some suggestions to have the whole thing stay forever), is to retain the special aspect of receiving a limited time item at the end of the event. This scheme gives enough time for people to catch up without degrading the value of the high end rewards.
4. An option to turn off Nora Night transmissions. Imagine someone going through the Second Dream. He's clearly invested and is completely absorbed in the events unfolding before him, then suddenly, out of nowhere, a woman calls him a badass. Breaks immersion. 

Overall I DO like this system. But there is definitely a ton of room for improvement. It's got lore, rewards, challenges, etc. Really, it has a lot to offer. It just needs some fine tuning.

Edited by gabuchan
grammar

7 hours ago, gabuchan said:

Suggestions:
1. Remove/replace/rework the challenges I've listed above. Now you might see this and say, "But you hit rank 30 doe. What's the problem?" Well the goal here is for every challenge to be enjoyable. "Damn these are all fun. What should I do first?" sounds a lot better than, "This sucks. I'd rather do this instead." Also, less challenges skipped means getting to rank 30 sooner, which means the prestige levels past 30 becomes more relevant.

You ever heard the phrase "you can please some of the people, all of the time; you can please all of the people, some of the time; but you can't please all of the people all of the time"? 

We've had people who seem to actively dislike and avoid the vast majority of the game, one even repeatedly refused to name even a single in-game activity that they found enjoyable. Nightwave seems to have pulled content from all over the game for us to try. There's stuff that I tried just a couple of times as a newb, had an unpleasant time and just mainly skipped after. Most of the difficulty I encountered was due to my own lack of experience and now that I'm better, it's not so bad. 

And in a 10 week event, that does not really reward us much after we hit rank 30, why should we want to get to 30 faster? I mainly enjoy playing the game, so skipping the few challenges that I didn't feel like attempting, or wouldn't have been able to do in the week, didn't hurt my ability to get to 30, and I didn't feel burned out by nightwave. 

7 hours ago, gabuchan said:

. Have the weeks stay and accumulate and expire when the event ends instead of having them expire week after week. Late comers should be able to choose which week of the series to set active, and clear them at their own pace to catch up. My idea of having the weeks still expire after the event is over (counter to some suggestions to have the whole thing stay forever), is to retain the special aspect of receiving a limited time item at the end of the event. This scheme gives enough time for people to catch up without degrading the value of the high end rewards.

Honestly I figure that this will just encourage procrastination and reeeeeeing at the end of the event when people realise that they just don't have enough time to complete all of the cruft that they'd left undone. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You ever heard the phrase "you can please some of the people, all of the time; you can please all of the people, some of the time; but you can't please all of the people all of the time"? 

We've had people who seem to actively dislike and avoid the vast majority of the game, one even repeatedly refused to name even a single in-game activity that they found enjoyable. Nightwave seems to have pulled content from all over the game for us to try. There's stuff that I tried just a couple of times as a newb, had an unpleasant time and just mainly skipped after. Most of the difficulty I encountered was due to my own lack of experience and now that I'm better, it's not so bad. 

And in a 10 week event, that does not really reward us much after we hit rank 30, why should we want to get to 30 faster? I mainly enjoy playing the game, so skipping the few challenges that I didn't feel like attempting, or wouldn't have been able to do in the week, didn't hurt my ability to get to 30, and I didn't feel burned out by nightwave. 

Honestly I figure that this will just encourage procrastination and reeeeeeing at the end of the event when people realise that they just don't have enough time to complete all of the cruft that they'd left undone. 

I'm aware of the fact that it's impossible to please everybody. But some of these challenges are so glaringly problematic that it's obvious what must be done. Less bad challenges = a better experience for everybody.

People procrastinating and panicking at the end of the event > people dropping Nightwave altogether because of the fact that they started late and will never hit rank 30. Lesser evil imho.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, gabuchan said:

I'm aware of the fact that it's impossible to please everybody. But some of these challenges are so glaringly problematic that it's obvious what must be done. Less bad challenges = a better experience for everybody.

People procrastinating and panicking at the end of the event > people dropping Nightwave altogether because of the fact that they started late and will never hit rank 30. Lesser evil imho.

I dunno. I heard people grousing about the use 3 forma. I think that I've used over 10 so far if I start counting from that first 3. Certainly didn't seem terrible to me. 

Gilding a weapon? Meh, ok. 

5 sorties? Can do. 

8 bounties? I need more of those lenses anyway. 

Catch fish? Yeah I've dozens of the baits so no big deal. Anyone want come with? 

Mine for rare gems? That sunpoint plasma drill is great, and I'll probably find a use for those, sooner rather than later. 

Nightmare missions? Those are just normal missions without ciphers. 

Run capture, rescues etc? Oh those are what I'd have done while opening relics.. Free standing! 

The only thing that I wouldn't normally have done is "with a friend or clanmate". Just hopped into recruiting and made some new ones. 

What's left? 

44 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I dunno. I heard people grousing about the use 3 forma. I think that I've used over 10 so far if I start counting from that first 3. Certainly didn't seem terrible to me. 

5 sorties? Can do

Catch fish? Yeah I've dozens of the baits so no big deal. Anyone want come with? 

Mine for rare gems? That sunpoint plasma drill is great, and I'll probably find a use for those, sooner rather than later. 

Run capture, rescues etc? Oh those are what I'd have done while opening relics.. Free standing! 

The only thing that I wouldn't normally have done is "with a friend or clanmate". Just hopped into recruiting and made some new ones. 

What's left? 

Well... I never thought I'd actually run into someone who'd defend the Gild a weapon challenge tbh. So many people have said their piece on some of those challenges you pointed out that I feel like it's redundant to say any more. One need only look at this forum where there are similar posts arguing against the same set of problematic challenges that keep popping up. You can even look outside this forum. On Reddit you can find thousands of upvotes arguing against the same set of challenges. I'm pretty sure that for your stance on the gild challenge, the forma challenge, and the friend-gated challenges, you're in the minority. The rest of those missions you pointed out are fine though. Always found fishing and mining oddly therapeutic lol.

Edited by gabuchan
grammar

1 hour ago, gabuchan said:

Well... I never thought I'd actually run into someone who'd defend the Gild a weapon challenge tbh. So many people have said their piece on some of those challenges you pointed out that I feel like it's redundant to say any more. One need only look at this forum where there are similar posts arguing against the same set of problematic challenges that keep popping up. You can even look outside this forum. On Reddit you can find thousands of upvotes arguing against the same set of challenges. I'm pretty sure that for your stance on the gild challenge, the forma challenge, and the friend-gated challenges, you're in the minority. The rest of those missions you pointed out are fine though. Always found fishing and mining oddly therapeutic lol.

There's a funny thing about the forums and reddit. Everyone on here is in the minority. Not sure if any single post has collected 1000 upvotes. That figure would still only make somewhere between 1 and 2 percent of the daily players on Steam alone. 

I've also seen people complain what a huge bullet sponge the wolf is, and talk about how long they spent shooting him in the head. Likewise there are posts with upvotes that make claims that are just blatantly false. Upvotes don't equate to validity. Sometimes they don't even equate to popularity, as some seem to be awarded based on who your comments are disagreeing with. 

Some of the people complaining seem to actively hate most parts of the game, and at least one repeatedly refused to identify even a single part of the game that they enjoy. Others confess that they only enjoy a very narrow band of activities. The most reasonable ones are able to identify just a few things that they actively avoid (but even there, some folks make statements that suggest a significant lack of information). 

Seriously though, how many people do you know who've built anything close to all of the possible zaws? Many folks just seem to play spreadsheet-frame and build the one meta combination. It's not like getting a mote amp built levelled and gilded is hard, takes long, or is onerous in terms of the resources, is it? 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Seriously though, how many people do you know who've built anything close to all of the possible zaws?

All the possible? None, I think they mean that it's pretty common to have "one zaw with each strike type" crafted, for mastery, of which I know many many people who do, including myself, yes I could make another zaw with the same strike and other points, but I have no incentive to outside of this nightwave challenge, it doesn't feel worth it at all, subsequent zaws with the same strike do not give MR.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sylonus said:

All the possible? None, I think they mean that it's pretty common to have "one zaw with each strike type" crafted, for mastery, of which I know many many people who do, including myself, yes I could make another zaw with the same strike and other points, but I have no incentive to outside of this nightwave challenge, it doesn't feel worth it at all, subsequent zaws with the same strike do not give MR.

But one built for damage might still give you a very different gameplay than the one you built for speed? 

Let's face it. Every time you add forma to something you didn't get more mastery minus a tiny number of examples. But most of us have multiple forma builds.... that we got no mastery for. 

Is that really so different? 

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Pretty subjective. Some players only have a few forma and no weapons worth wasting it on. This is one of the worst challenges for low MR players. Use 3 forma, to win 3 forma... Okay let me just polarize my mk1-Braton with all my forma... I'm MR10 and I only had 6 forma when these came up, granted I got a couple BPs from relics but not piles of them, because there is other stuff I need out of relics too, and I'm certainly not going to throw away a rare reward for a forma BP when that is the choice. I skipped these and I still reached 30, but I was not certain of that for the first forma challenge, it was a gamble. The second one, I knew I could skip, because I was close to 30 already. Being locked out of numerous tasks early on, left many lower MR players unsure if they could get away with skipping anything. You can say, you don't have to do the task, you only need 60%... Yet many lower level players were far from sure that they could afford to skip these tasks because we were locked out of numerous tasks already.

Again, such a subjective response. You can make light of gilding something, while for myself and many others, it is not even possible within the time frame, period. These standing gated tasks put much pressure on us lower tier players to do every single task that we were possibly capable of doing, and left us still unsure if we could reach 30, because we had no idea how much we would be locked out of over the next few weeks.

5 sorties? Can do. 

And as long as you can do it, then it is fine I guess. Starting to notice a trend here. Subjectivity. See the last two responses. Some players can not do sorties, period. Locked out of tasks and wondering how far they may be able to get in this. I can do sorties, but I can totally see how some players must have felt as this started. In the very first week, many players were locked out of several tasks, so they may have thought they can't possibly reach 30, but maybe they can get a few slots or a potato. So they may not have tried too hard, and missed a couple tasks they could have done, then as weeks go by, they realize they just might be able to reach 30, if they do every single thing they can do.

Yeah, 8 bounties is not a problem, but it is not particularly fun. 5 would be okay, 3 would be better. 8 is just enough to make bounties feel really tedious and leave me feeling entirely sick of them.

Nice that you're willing to share your bait. While it is generally not too tough to find a higher level player to help run a mission or two, especially if the noob can keep up while they rush. Not too many of them are keen on helping random noobs go fishing, and they shouldn't need to either. Heck, fishing and mining should be entirely optional in this game, I want to play warframe not a minecraft clone or fishing sim. It took me many hours over several days to find someone to share their bait with me.

I don't want to play minecraft. If some people enjoy these aspects of this game, good for them, awesome, but these mining and fishing activities should not be forced on us. Yes I know no one had guns to our heads but for us lower tier players, who were locked out of numerous tasks, we felt like we could not afford to skip these tasks whether we wanted to or not. Not if we wanted to 'attempt' to reach 30 because that was not a certainty for us when we were being locked out of tasks.

Nightmare missions are fine.

No problem with these.

Arbitrary nonsense and completely unnecessary.

What's left?

Grove specters, orb mothers, profit takers, and everything else locked behind standing walls. This wouldn't be such an issue, if there was better communication regarding number of weeks and amount of possible standing remaining, etc. Yes I know some of us knew approximately how long the event would run, and some knew approximately what percent of tasks needed to be done each week to reach 30, but many players don't follow forum announcements and watch devstreams, these things need to be communicated in the event interface itself.

The other big problem is weeks long consistent commitment. Some of us must travel on business regularly, I was just extremely lucky that I didn't have any longer trips in this period but most months I do, which basically just cuts me right out of the replacement for alerts going forward. If I miss 5 weeks, I miss most of what I might have gotten from alerts. With alerts if I miss 5 weeks, it is no problem, I missed some alerts, but they will roll back around. Nightwave may roll back around too, but If I can't be available for a couple months, I'll just miss out again, whereas with alerts, when they roll back around, I only need to be available for 20 minutes.

Edited by Arc5in
typo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

But one built for damage might still give you a very different gameplay than the one you built for speed? 

Let's face it. Every time you add forma to something you didn't get more mastery minus a tiny number of examples. But most of us have multiple forma builds.... that we got no mastery for. 

It might, however, because I already had to build one for each strike for MR, I already have all of those potentials covered with just a slightly different graphic, for example two polearm zaws, one built for crit, other built status, even though different strikes, pretty much covers it.

And I have no idea what you're trying to say with forma, forma make a single weapon stronger, by allowing a stronger build, is that really so different? Yes, it's apples and oranges and I have no idea what you're trying to say with it at all.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Do we need "different gameplay" in actually? yes i do forma S#&$ty weapons, but that's because I wanted to try that weapon, not because "there is a different gameplay" or anything.

We shouldn't have to do something that we don't want just because we don't want to miss the rewards, and it was how warframe worked till yesterday. (almost all things were tradable iirc, except some event thingy, and seems like those event thingy is intended to be not important for most of people as possible)

• Like 2

This is a long thread at this point, has the idea already been suggested to, instead of just weekly/daily challenges, we had a combination of themed weekly/daily alerts and daily challenges that rewarded standing? Instead of say... 3 spy missions for a weekly, there are a number of spy alerts to do throughout the week, or all of them at once. 

I'm sure it's already been thought of and mentioned. In any case, I look forward to seeing how the next nightwave is, because as it is, throughout this nightwave I have not had the time or desire to use what time I have to get past rank 9.

2 hours ago, Arc5in said:

Pretty subjective. Some players only have a few forma and no weapons worth wasting it on. This is one of the worst challenges for low MR players. Use 3 forma, to win 3 forma... Okay let me just polarize my mk1-Braton with all my forma... I'm MR10 and I only had 6 forma when these came up, granted I got a couple BPs from relics but not piles of them, because there is other stuff I need out of relics too, and I'm certainly not going to throw away a rare reward for a forma BP when that is the choice. I skipped these and I still reached 30, but I was not certain of that for the first forma challenge, it was a gamble. The second one, I knew I could skip, because I was close to 30 already. Being locked out of numerous tasks early on, left many lower MR players unsure if they could get away with skipping anything. You can say, you don't have to do the task, you only need 60%... Yet many lower level players were far from sure that could afford to skip these tasks because we were locked out of numerous tasks already.

Yeah it's supposed to be subjective, and I pointed out clearly that it's "to me". That's the point of opinions. However I'll remind that the tier rewards included 6 forma. That's a 100% return on investment, before we start to count the other stuff. 

Also yeah that the thing about forma. But since it's common in many relics if all that dropped was crap, grabbing a forma isn't a bad idea. Also grabbing the prime junk and selling for a minimum of 2 plat per item, you're looking at maybe selling 18 pieces to buy a 3 forma bundle premade. 

Also a well polarised Mk-1 Braton is nothing to scoff at. Just saying. 

Again, such a subjective response. You can make light of gilding something, while for myself and many others, it is not even possible within the time frame, period. These standing gated tasks put much pressure on us lower tier players to do every single task that we were possibly capable of doing, and left us still unsure if we could reach 30, because we had no idea how much we would be locked out of over the next few weeks.

Again yes, opinions on either side are going to be subjective. 

And again 43k standing per week. You can miss an average of 13k and get to 300k in 10 weeks. If you count the first partial week as 11 the way DE seems to be doing, you can complete with no elite weekly tasks done at all with room to spare. If you find yourself locked out of a significant portion, then the question is not "can I get all of the rewards handed to me" but "what rewards can I earn". 

And as long as you can do it, then it is fine I guess. Starting to notice a trend here. Subjectivity. See the last two responses. Some players can not do sorties, period. Locked out of tasks and wondering how far they may be able to get in this. I can do sorties, but I can totally see how some players must have felt as this started. In the very first week, many players were locked out of several tasks, so they may have thought they can't possibly reach 30, but maybe they can get a few slots or a potato. So they may not have tried too hard, and missed a couple tasks they could have done, then as weeks go by, they realize they just might be able to reach 30, if they do every single thing they can do.

Yeah, if a filthy casual player like me can get it done, then I figure that's a good benchmark. Because I'm not an "elite veteran with all the meta". Because I know that I skipped quite a few challenges. And that's fine. 

BTW is the trend you're noticing that 300k out of 430k means not being required to do all of the challenges in any given week? I do hope so. Some people just couldn't grasp that part for some reason. 

Yeah, 8 bounties is not a problem, but it is not particularly fun. 5 would be okay, 3 would be better. 8 is just enough to make bounties feel really tedious and leave me feeling entirely sick of them.

That's subjective, what about people running agoraphobic toasters? 

Oh right, they can skip it. 

Nice that you're willing to share your bait. While it is generally not too tough to find a higher level player to help run a mission or two, especially if the noob can keep up while they rush. Not too many of them are keen on helping random noobs go fishing, and they shouldn't need to either. Heck, fishing and mining should be entirely optional in this game, I want to play warframe not a minecraft clone or fishing sim. It took me many hours over several days to find someone to share their bait with me.

Did you try asking in recruiting chat? 

Honest question. Lots of people seemed kind of surprised when people joined their party and had already completed the challenge. Fact is, if you can help me to find a hotspot, that makes it so much easier for us to fish. And we can take turns wiping out any enemies who are dumb enough to disturb us while we're trying to catch stuff. 

I don't want to play minecraft. If some people enjoy these aspects of this game, good for them, awesome, but these mining and fishing activities should not be forced on us. Yes I know no one had guns to our heads but for us lower tier players, who were locked out of numerous tasks, we felt like we could not afford to skip these tasks whether we wanted to or not. Not if we wanted to 'attempt' to reach 30 because that was not a certainty for us when we were being locked out of tasks.

You clearly have not spent much time mining in warframe after fortuna if you are trying to compare that to Minecraft. 

Nightmare missions are fine.

Again that's "subjective" I think I see a trends here, if you are ok with it, then you say that it's okay. See how ridiculous it sounds? Of course our opinions are subjective. And of course people will have different opinions. There are probably newbs who don't have any gear that can trivialize the nightmare conditions. But they are not going to be negatively affected by not reaching the uppermost tiers. 

No problem with these.

I'm glad. Others were grousing about them. 

Arbitrary nonsense and completely unnecessary.

That's gonna apply to every single challenge. There's no reason to not have it. 

Grove specters, orb mothers, profit takers, and everything else locked behind standing walls. This wouldn't be such an issue, if there was better communication regarding number of weeks and amount of possible standing remaining, etc. Yes I know some of us knew approximately how long the event would run, and some new approximately what percent of tasks needed to be done each week to reach 30, but many players don't follow forum announcements and watch devstreams, these things need to be communicated in the event interface itself.

Yeah those spectres were fun. I think that I popped about 5 or 6 apothics with different groups. I have to go get more plants, but some of the mods are worth farming. 

The only thing that we need to know is "10 weeks" . After that it's very simple math 30 x 10k < 10 x 43k 

Anyone claiming that they couldn't figure out if they were going to be able to skip some challenges every week and still get to 300k probably has much bigger issues than nightwave. And really this is warframe, we all know about the wiki by the end of the first couple of days whether we like it or not. 

The other big problem is weeks long consistent commitment. Some of us must travel on business regularly, I was just extremely lucky that I didn't have any longer trips in this period but most months I do, which basically just cuts me right out of the replacement for alerts going forward. If I miss 5 weeks, I miss most of what I might have gotten from alerts. With alerts if I miss 5 weeks, it is no problem, I missed some alerts, but they will roll back around. Nightwave may roll back around too, but If I can't be available for a couple months, I'll just miss out again, whereas with alerts, when they roll back around, I only need to be available for 20 minutes.

And that complaint literally boils down to "well what if I can't participate in the event at all" and the response to that is "then you can't participate in the event". And that's fine. 

Life is more important than a video game, mate. If it means that you just can't play, that's okay. We'll be here and all of this will come around again at some point. You don't need to let irrational fears of missing out, control you. 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977
Missing percent sign

14 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

~snip~

"They can skip it" is obviously stupid thing to say, you can't skip ALL of it, you have to do it someday since you have to do 60% of challenges.

Honestly point for mining challenge is that there is no reason to do mining/fishing when we have thumper and exploiter, this is yet another waste of time challenge, even the apothic one/nightmare one had proper byproduct.

Edited by Test-995
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Life is more important than a video game, mate. If it means that you just can't play, that's okay. We'll be here and all of this will come around again at some point. You don't need to let irrational fears of missing out, control you. 

What are you on about? Obviously whatever he has planned is more important than the video game, which is why he's talking about why he might miss out on something he doesn't want to miss out on.... Who are you to tell him what it's okay for him to miss out on or not, and why in the world would any desire not to miss out be irrational, your whole statement here is the height of irrationality. You have no way of knowing what and when things will come around again, and why in the world are you talking about control?

This is a forum, for a video game we all like, this is a place for us to talk about what would be convenient for us and to lobby for change for things we think would suit us or the majority, that's what he's doing, you're welcome to explain why the change he wants would be inconvenient for yourself or others, but trying to tell him that "it's fine if he misses it" is just downright ridiculous unfounded condescension.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sylonus said:

It might, however, because I already had to build one for each strike for MR, I already have all of those potentials covered with just a slightly different graphic, for example two polearm zaws, one built for crit, other built status, even though different strikes, pretty much covers it.

And I have no idea what you're trying to say with forma, forma make a single weapon stronger, by allowing a stronger build, is that really so different? Yes, it's apples and oranges and I have no idea what you're trying to say with it at all.

Well yeah it's pretty different after forma, because quite often that rapidly begins to locks us into a particular style of build. To minmax means literally locking yourself into one set of mods. What you did was minmax your zaws. Other possibilities exist, it's just that you don't really feel like checking out because you don't think that they're worth it. And that's fine. But it remains a choice that you've made. 

2 hours ago, Test-995 said:

Do we need "different gameplay" in actually? yes i do forma S#&amp;&#036;ty weapons, but that's because I wanted to try that weapon, not because "there is a different gameplay" or anything.

We shouldn't have to do something that we don't want just because we don't want to miss the rewards, and it was how warframe worked till yesterday. (almost all things were tradable iirc, except some event thingy, and seems like those event thingy is intended to be not important for most of people as possible)

This is ironic because you're the guy who admits that ESO is about the only thing that you don't find tedious. If you don't like the majority of the game, then almost any reward for playing will feel the same, unless they specifically tailor the content to just you. 

BTW, you aren't being forced to get any of the rewards, but if you want them, then yeah you can take a shot at the challenges. That's how most things in life and warframe work. 

15 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

"They can skip it" is obviously stupid thing to say, you can't skip ALL of it, you have to do it someday since you have to do 60% of challenges.

Honestly point for mining challenge is that there is no reason to do mining/fishing when we have thumper and exploiter, this is yet another waste of time challenge, even the apothic one/nightmare one had proper byproduct.

You overlooked something. We don't all have thumper hunting. And no, you don't have to do 65%. You only have to do that if you want all of the rewards. At the start of the event I praised a vet who openly stated that they were just going to skip the whole thing because it didn't interest them. 

You want a reward, but you don't want to do the things required to earn a reward. That's not a good plan. 

11 minutes ago, Sylonus said:

What are you on about? Obviously whatever he has planned is more important than the video game, which is why he's talking about why he might miss out on something he doesn't want to miss out on.... Who are you to tell him what it's okay for him to miss out on or not, and why in the world would any desire not to miss out be irrational, your whole statement here is the height of irrationality. You have no way of knowing what and when things will come around again, and why in the world are you talking about control?

This is a forum, for a video game we all like, this is a place for us to talk about what would be convenient for us and to lobby for change for things we think would suit us or the majority, that's what he's doing, you're welcome to explain why the change he wants would be inconvenient for yourself or others, but trying to tell him that "it's fine if he misses it" is just downright ridiculous unfounded condescension.

Well mate, that's the thing about life, we have unlimited wants and needs but limited resources to satisfy them. Sooner or later something always gets left out. For people who can't play the game, that's the end of the story. If I can't make it to the marathon next week, have to miss half, do you still think that I should demand a medal for completing it? That's ridiculous. The only thing more ridiculous would be to demand that everyone else agree to ask for a change in the rules of the marathon, to award people who only do half of it with the award. And that's what you just tried to do. 

And yes, I accept 100% the fact that I am going to miss out on events in the game. It's happened to me more than once. It's ok, because it's a video game, and in this video game, everything seems to eventually come back around, eventually. 

And to answer your question, I'm the person who's not getting worked up by someone saying that this is a game, and skipping stuff or not completing everything isn't the end of the world. You should try it. 

For the record I'd also like to throw out this little gem, why in gods name did they not just state the DATES the event would start & end? instead everyone has this nebulous weeks time frame? end on a sunday at 9am pacific? In 3 weeks, or a friday just before the weekend to get people fired up & ready to go for the next one? (what few may be willing too after this dose)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Well mate, that's the thing about life, we have unlimited wants and needs but limited resources to satisfy them. Sooner or later something always gets left out. For people who can't play the game, that's the end of the story. If I can't make it to the marathon next week, have to miss half, do you still think that I should demand a medal for completing it? That's ridiculous. The only thing more ridiculous would be to demand that everyone else agree to ask for a change in the rules of the marathon, to award people who only do half of it with the award. And that's what you just tried to do. 

And yes, I accept 100% the fact that I am going to miss out on events in the game. It's happened to me more than once. It's ok, because it's a video game, and in this video game, everything seems to eventually come back around, eventually. 

And to answer your question, I'm the person who's not getting worked up by someone saying that this is a game, and skipping stuff or not completing everything isn't the end of the world. You should try it. 

The vast majority of this is completely silly and irrelevant, if you want to compare this to a marathon, this is like the people running the marathon having a meeting to see if they should reschedule the time of the marathon or adjust it's length due to a number of potential participants having scheduling conflicts, and you showing up to the meeting telling everyone they're wrong for wishing it could be rescheduled to meet the desires of the many.

By your post length and those of others compared to yours, you telling other people not to get worked up over things is pretty humorous, this is mostly just you ranting and everyone else telling you why your rants are silly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sylonus said:

The vast majority of this is completely silly and irrelevant, if you want to compare this to a marathon, this is like the people running the marathon having a meeting to see if they should reschedule the time of the marathon or adjust it's length due to a number of potential participants having scheduling conflicts, and you showing up to the meeting telling everyone they're wrong for wishing it could be rescheduled to meet the desires of the many.

By your post length and those of others compared to yours, you telling other people not to get worked up over things is pretty humorous, this is mostly just you ranting and everyone else telling you why your rants are silly.

No, sorry, a highly vocal minority whining ≠ the majority having an issue. 

True story, there have been groups of people who demanded to know why the date of the marathon couldn't be changed because of their scheduling conflicts in the past. Most of the people who weren't in those groups generally realised that those people were being ridiculous, and some proceeded to ridicule them openly. 

10 minutes ago, (NSW)Hatemachine said:

For the record I'd also like to throw out this little gem, why in gods name did they not just state the DATES the event would start & end? instead everyone has this nebulous weeks time frame? end on a sunday at 9am pacific? In 3 weeks, or a friday just before the weekend to get people fired up & ready to go for the next one? (what few may be willing too after this dose)

Fairly obviously because if everyone would know when it ends, everybody can easily calculate if it still makes sense for them to do the chores, and if not - just abandon it completely. Which covers everyone just joining in on chorenightwave in the last 4/5 weeks. Apparently they don't want that.

A few hours ago they posted a forum thread that this season will go to at least may 15th. No in-game announcement though and it's not even a pinned thread, so not many people will see it.

• Like 2

@[DE]Bear

I have a random suggestion and I have no idea if this was suggested before:

Why not allow selection of different challenge pools based on play style that allow players to preview challenges for that week and select the "play style" that appeals most to them.

There can be a beginner set, a moderate set, and an endurance set or however you want. For example:

1 Hour Kuva survival can be in the endurance set.

Complete X nightmare missions can be in the moderate set.

Complete X number of Y mission type can be in the beginner set.

That way veterans don't have to deal with the tedium of backtracking through content at little-to-no benefit and other players don't have to deal with the effort that go into endurance runs. This can further be split for solo or social players if that's possible/viable. Daily challenges can stay the same since they aren't really a big deal for any groups.

I think this would be a great step for QOL and end the need for people to feel like it's a chore because they can do stuff that is productive for them at whatever point in time they are in the game.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You overlooked something. We don't all have thumper hunting. And no, you don't have to do 65%. You only have to do that if you want all of the rewards. At the start of the event I praised a vet who openly stated that they were just going to skip the whole thing because it didn't interest them. 

You want a reward, but you don't want to do the things required to earn a reward. That's not a good plan. 

Well, i want a reward thus i'll do it, but i don't think it as a fun thing, and i thought someone else wouldn't think it as a fun thing as well, so i suggest to change it.

It can be more fun, at least in my opinion.

Edited by Test-995

14 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

Well, i want a reward thus i'll do it, but i don't think it as a fun thing, and i thought someone else wouldn't think it as a fun thing as well, so i suggest to change it.

It can be more fun, at least in my opinion.

Again, you're on the record as saying that you find everything but eso tedious. What you admitted to finding fun is a single highly limited part of the game. 

You notice that I didn't mention that you also said that eso is tedious just minutes prior. If we are generous and say that you were trying to suggest that we all find different things tedious, then pandering to any vocal minority is a patently bad idea.