Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

1 minute ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Oh no.

Just replying to the spirit of what you and Zilchy said. 

Anyone making demands for a lot of things should be accountable when it proves disastrous. That was just simply what I was getting at lol. 

Ah, gotcha, lol.  

Yeah..Imagine if restaurants worked the way forum posters seem to think game devs work?   Just strolling in and telling the chef how to cook literally everything, even though you, yourself, have little to no culinary experience...  They'd laugh ya out of the place.

Feedback is one thing ("This steak seems a bit undercooked") but 1) belongs in FEEDBACK and 2) it's far different from just BLASTING devs for making an attempt and improving the game. ("This is the worst steak ever because I said so! HAVE THE CHEF FIRED! I WANT A REFUND!"  "......Ma'am, the steak was free...")

My personal feedback about nightwave , even though I've already expressed it so many times in other sections of the forum :

- Nightwave feels like a chore. While I once could drop and pick back the game at leisure without feeling like I had missed on something unique or important or like I had 'fallen behind' now I can not do that anymore. This mode forces you to play day after day and week after week in order to keep on completing its challenges. I do not like this.

- It is too grindy and unrewarding. With the previous system I could do one mission and get myself a nice catalyst blueprint within 5 minutes . Now I have to complete a lot of tasks I do not need , accept the fact this might take me hours or even days....and in the end...? The player only gets 50 wolf creds every 3 ranks , aka 30.000 standing , aka 1 week worth of doing every single weekly.....aka....it will take them 2 weeks to get one catalyst or a reactor.

- It is not newbie friendly nor solo player friendly . A new player will not be able to hunt a Hydrolist . A solo player won't be able to do challenges "with a friend" . 

TLDR : I want the old alert system back. Now I know this won't bring it back....but please, rework the current system so that it doesn't feel just as bad as it actually does regarding these 3 aspects I listed.

12 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

Not really, they aren't.
You had 4 chances at nitain per day, that's 28 chances per week. With Nightwave, at best you'll have 15 per week...
Yes it does seem that NightWave has more because most of the time you'd get one of the 4 chances per day... Thing is, Nightwave Nitain comes at a cost, and that cost isn't Wolf creds, it's not getting other stuff...
With Alerts you could get 5-10 Nitain a week without much work, and along with that you could get Catalysts and Reactors, Forma, Credits, Helmets, Tellurium, Void Traces, Aura Mods, Nightmare mods, etc. Basically you could have all the rewards AND the Nitain...
Now to get Nitain you have to choose, do you want Nitain, or that Reactor? Do you want Nitain, or the Helmet? Do you want a Aura Mod, or the Weapon skin?

In terms of Alerts vs Nightwave, Nightwave is at best a weak side-grade, or more like a downgrade of Alerts, not an upgrade.

And the rest isn't much better either.

Fomo dude, not everyone is going to be on at all times of the day to get the nitain with old alerts. I didn't get very much myself when alerts were still a thing, nitain for me was few and far between. Most times I would go a week, maybe two before I got one Nitain. Nightwave made getting it much easier for everyone. Im not counting cosmetics because they arent absolutely necessary and I got most of the auras when alerts were a thing. And you make it sound like the only way to get catalysts and reactors is by Nightwave. Sure its easy to grind and spend 100 wolf creds, but gifts of the lotus are still a thing. Again, this is about nitain accessibility for me, and I think nightwave made getting it much easier for EVERYONE, unless they specifically wanted some sort of helmet or aura. I see what you mean in the regard of if you want something you gotta sacrifice something else, but that whole "alert was better because I can no life the game" argument doesn't work, not for most people. Not everyone is on Warframe specifically all the time, we do play other games, why should we have to just sit around for hours and wait for the nitain to show up on alerts. I'm incredibly sorry if this came off as rude, thats not wha im going for, but jeez, this whole nitain acquisition between nightwave and alerts is ridiculous. Thats the one thing nightwave did well was make getting nitain easier.

Edited by (PS4)ErydisTheLucario

18 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Fomo dude, not everyone is going to be on at all times of the day to get the nitain. It took me two weeks before I had the chance o getting one Nitain, and thats because I got lucky and was on at the right time. The other stuff in Nightwave like the Cosmetics and aura are not needed for most people. Most people need the Nitain, and Nigthwave made it so much easier to get. The only real stuff worth some, if not most peoples times are the reactors and catalysts, which yes I can see a point in not getting something, but come on, you can't say Nitain was easy for EVERYONE to get with the old alerts.

Umm what? Most of the auras in the game are exclusive to Alerts/Nightwave. Every player needs at least some of those Auras in order to actually have *any* auras for their frames. And the weapons while not amazing are worth MR, again something that every player needs, and are primarily useful weapons to low MR players (who no longer have access to them since they can't do most of the nightwave challenges).

Also most players early on who need this stuff don't have access to most of the nightwave challenges and couldn't do them even if they wanted to so that's not 50 Wolf Creds every 1-2 weeks, it's more 50 wolf creds every 3-4 weeks, by which point they will have access to waaaaaaaaaay better weapons from their clans and the market.

Most of the stuff in nightwave you may not care about but players just starting the game *DO* and they're the ones who get the least access to it now because it's locked behind challenges that they can't complete or don't even have access to yet.

Nightwave succeeds at one thing and one thing only. Giving veterans who have completed everything a task to do. Beyond that it fails in just about every way Alerts failed, as well as some areas where they did an okay job.

Edited by (NSW)Sniperfox47
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Oh no.

Just replying to the spirit of what you and Zilchy said. 

Anyone making demands for a lot of things should be accountable when it proves disastrous. That was just simply what I was getting at lol. 

Actually thats something I could get behind. Though similarly if they have an idea that is implemented and turns out well, they get a small reward...like a new glyph or something.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

Umm what? Most of the auras in the game are exclusive to Alerts/Nightwave. Every player needs at least some of those Auras in order to actually have *any* auras for their frames. And the weapons while not amazing are worth MR, again something that every player needs, and are primarily useful weapons to low MR players (who no longer have access to them since they can't do most of the nightwave challenges).

Also most players early on who need this stuff don't have access to most of the nightwave challenges and couldn't do them even if they wanted to so that's not 50 Wolf Creds every 1-2 weeks, it's more 50 wolf creds every 3-4 weeks, by which point they will have access to waaaaaaaaaay better weapons from their clans and the market.

Most of the stuff in nightwave you may not care about buy players just starting the game *DO* and they're the ones who get the least access to it now because it's locked behind challenges that they can't complete or don't even have access to yet.

Nightwave succeeds at one thing and one thing only. Giving veterans who have completed everything a task to do. Beyond that it fails in just about every way Alerts failed, as well as some areas where they did an okay job.

Fair enough, but as I said, it makes nitain easier to obtain, at least for those around my MR who actuslly gave a damn when night wave first came out.  I guess im in the minority when I say I only buy the essentials, my bad. I still stand behind my nitain comments though.

16 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

Do not get me wrong but removing the alerts system was not a good thing for the game. It affects both new and experienced players in getting things like nitain / catalysts / reactors and so on. I loved the challenges in nora but I think that playing the things that appeared in the alerts for nora was not an interesting thing! I think nora should be viewed more like another union than the others! Nora syndicate should have its own items such as relic packs, umbra forms, weapons mod, some kuva package, arcanes, and so on. I think the alerts should return because it is almost a kind of tutorial for beginners in the game and that give life to the game ... I was very happy when there appeared catalysts / reactors / forms in the alerts! For me they are two different things and for different purposes. With alerts the game comes to life in some way. I hope DE will rethink the matter.  I'm feeling trapped in this system and would like more freedom!

Sorry my english(google translator).

Yes please!

15 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Sorry mate the subject has always been: if you didn't participate in any alert or event, you never got that reward. Here's the sequence so you can verify:

So, nice try, but no. The "we never had a system where we didn't get the rewards because we missed the alert or didn't do what we didn't want to do" argument has  demonstrably, always been false for every single alert and event. You're the one who tried to shift the goalposts to "but we could have gotten the rewards another time" which is true, and remains true with nightwave as it arguably is for most stuff (excluding the founder's package, of course). In your time in the game how many unique things have there been that never came back? Remember if the number is small then those are probably statistical outliers and you should have resisted the urge to be "that guy". 🙄

You either REALLY dont understand the moment where you changed the topic, in which case I pity you, or you are trolling, in which case I pity you as well.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Fair enough, but as I said, it makes nitain easier to obtain, at least for those around my MR who actuslly gave a damn when night wave first came out.  I guess im in the minority when I say I only buy the essentials, my bad. I still stand behind my nitain comments though.

Basically what it comes down to is:

If you only buy nitain, yes nitain is easier to get.

If you only want to buy Catalysts/Reactors, yes they are easier to get.

If you only want to buy Corrosive Projection and other specific mods, yes they are easier to get.

If you specifically want specifically X it is easier to get.

However if you want general stuff that's part of Nightwave/Alerts you're in a *much* worse situation with nightwave, especially if you can't do all of the Nightwave Acts. The rotating store and agonizing rate of Wolf Cred spawns just adds to this.

There's already been a bunch of alternatives suggested by other people including myself, but here's another. Ditch the rotating store and be quite a bit more generous with Wolf Cred drops (double or even triple). Instead have a store with everything but only in specific numbers. One Reactor, One Catalyst, one of each Aura and Helmet, two of each weapon, 3 sets of 5 nitain, etc. The amount resets on a weekly basis so you can get One Reactor per week but can't just buy up a bunch all at once, giving you more credits to spend on the other stuff you need (including nitains).

I really hope things change with Wave 2 because Wave 1 has left me really exhausted with the system and with helping new friends and clanmates navigate it. It used to be that in your first couple days of playing you'd get a bunch of alert weapons and then move onto bigger and better stuff but now I've got people with access to much better and higher-MR weapons just getting access to these MR0 Alert Melees for the first time and with having to choose between getting the affinity to master these crappy weapons, grabbing the cosmetics for frames they like, grabbing auras they need, or holding off for who knows what's going to come in the store next week. God forbid you grab Energy Siphon this week just to have Corrosive Projection show up next week and oopsie you can't get any more Wolf Creds so sucks to be you.

Edited by (NSW)Sniperfox47

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

Basically what it comes down to is:

If you only buy nitain, yes nitain is easier to get.

If you only want to buy Catalysts/Reactors, yes they are easier to get.

If you only want to buy Corrosive Projection and other specific mods, yes they are easier to get.

If you specifically want specifically X it is easier to get.

However if you want general stuff that's part of Nightwave/Alerts you're in a *much* worse situation with nightwave, especially if you can't do all of the Nightwave Acts. The rotating store and agonizing rate of Wolf Cred spawns just adds to this.

There's already been a bunch of alternatives suggested by other people including myself, but here's another. Ditch the rotating store and be quite a bit more generous with Wolf Cred drops (double or even triple). Instead have a store with everything but only in specific numbers. One Reactor, One Catalyst, one of each Aura and Helmet, two of each weapon, 3 sets of 5 nitain, etc. The amount resets on a weekly basis so you can get One Reactor per week but can't just buy up a bunch all at once, giving you more credits to spend on the other stuff you need (including nitains).

I really hope things change with Wave 2 because Wave 1 has left me really exhausted with the system and with helping new friends and clanmates navigate it. It used to be that in your first couple days of playing you'd get a bunch of alert weapons and then move onto bigger and better stuff but now I've got people with access to much better and higher-MR weapons just getting access to these MR0 Alert Melees for the first time and with having to choose between getting the affinity to master these crappy weapons, grabbing the cosmetics for frames they like, grabbing auras they need, or holding off for who knows what's going to come in the store next week. God forbid you grab Energy Siphon this week just to have Corrosive Projection show up next week and oopsie you can't get any more Wolf Creds so sucks to be you.

That I can sure get behind, I hope it gets better, because even after hitting rank 30 and getting the umbral forma, which I havent used, I feel like I wasted so much time for shoddy rewards.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

howl all you want, it won't bring Alerts back.

Image result for executor ballas

I would have put a picture of Umbra Howling. But the one I have is made for Excal Prime threads. Maybe I should change it... those threads became quiet rare.

4 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Actually thats something I could get behind. Though similarly if they have an idea that is implemented and turns out well, they get a small reward...like a new glyph or something.

The one thing I guess is that some of this people were never around when Scott was different and tried to listen to feedback of every single kind. 

Look at him now. 

4 hours ago, random__noob said:

You either REALLY dont understand the moment where you changed the topic, in which case I pity you, or you are trolling, in which case I pity you as well.

If I did, you could have shown it in the sequence of posts. I put the entire chain of messages, because I know that I didn't. 😉

Instead of deflecting, and trying to make stuff up, why don't you show that you got the reward for something that you didn't participate in, and complete according to the specific conditions of success that were on it at the time?

If you can't, then you really ought to be honest and just say, "hmm, I guess we never did get rewarded when we didn't do the missions, all we were doing is skipping them and foregoing the rewards, which is something that is built in to Nightwave by the fact that we don't need to complete all of the challenges, and can skip the ones we don't want to do just like we skipped alerts in the past". 

You can do it. I believe it you. 

5 hours ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

Most of the stuff in nightwave you may not care about but players just starting the game *DO* and they're the ones who get the least access to it now because it's locked behind challenges that they can't complete or don't even have access to yet.

Thanks for saving me the time to answer...
I'll just reply to the part in bold:
That's not really even true... I'm a "veteran", i mean, i at least have more game hours than [DE]Rebecca said she had on her personal account, and i started playing in 2016, then took a year and a half break... But i do have just about every weapon mastered, all warframes except Loki and Equinox Prime mastered, and i'm lacking a few prime weapons as well.
And Nightwave feels like a useless chore most of the time, when it's not just downright annoying...
Like the Gild something task... What's that about? Luckly i had some combinations i hadn't done yet, and i built myself a new Zaw for that, but i imagine some people that invested more into modular stuff than i did probably already have every combo gilded, what about them?
Same thing with Forma, if people already have forma'd everything they want to forma, should they just spend 3 forma randomly to get a reward equivalent to 3/10ths of 3 forma from Nightwave?
And even if you do every challenge, then you reach a point where you're doing "Prestige", and guess what? It's utterly USELESS! What do i want 15 more creds if i haven't spent more than half the ones i earned during the Rank 1-30 progression?

It's bad even for veterans, at least veterans who aren't too far deep in kissing DE's ass to see the problems with the game.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CrystalSpark said:

There should be an alternative way to farm nightwave standing/reputation instead of just doing weeklies and dailies. For example the fugitives are an alternative way of gaining standing; however, they give so little and their spawn chance is so low that it's not worth grinding primarily for them. Season passes should be designed to reward both the casual players and the hardcore farming players (typically ones that play a lot at once but take long breaks). If you take a week long vacation, the game punishes you for it, which imo wasn't a big issue in the past of warframe, and now we still need to login practically every week to get decent rewards from alerts aka nightwave. I don't want a game forcing me when I should play the game in order to get what I want. It should be a game requiring me to invest time in general, not you having to play during these certain days/hours in order to get this accomplishment, which is ironic because DE implemented nightwave in order to fix this issue from the old alert system. The good thing about the alert system in the past was, very rarely anyone did them because they were so unrewarding to begin with; now if we slack off from simply playing during certain hours we get further behind from other players, who not necessarily played more, but played during the right amount of spread-out time-frames enough times.

Pretty sure that we saw a couple of people who were able to shave fugitives for about a week's worth of standing, perhaps more. I agree with you that I feel like it's not worth it. 

Nightwave was designed to let people do around 60-65% of the content and reach maximum rank. Even counting at just 10 weeks, many players finished with weeks to spare, you're one of them. Why are you saying that you wouldn't have been able to take a vacation of a week or two, when you have more than that left of the event? 

Also, the 15 cred rewards from the prestige levels after base level 30 aren't rewarding enough. They should give 50 creds each, imo...The base nightwave rewards are rewarding, but after that it's very unrewarding...

I'm afraid that I don't agree on getting the full 50. As it stands we can possibly earn 60 credits a week from prestige ranks. Many of the people who are at this point, aren't going to be buying many of the cosmetics and other junk that you admit were just ignored. Instead we're going to be loading up on potatoes, which are items that are usually sold to us for plat, other than the gift of the Lotus that might bring one every other week. What you're asking for is the equivalent of many months worth of free items that would normally be bought and benefit the company. Seems like a bit much, don't you think? 

Also, for the wolf I have no issues with his fights, except the fact he has a garbage loot table like Stalker. Since the wolf is so rare, it ought to be mandatory for him to drop at least a random wolf hammer part, imo...

You guys might have increased the odds of encountering the wolf, but what about his garbage loot table? That's the biggest flaw with y'all thinking that most of everyone will get his hammer by the end of the event...

No real disagreement here, other than that we still have weeks to go. So no reason to panic just yet. 

I'm beyond nightwave level 30 by the way, and I had to play every week and it's burning me out; is it good to be burn out from a game? Is content drought really an issue? I also got the hammer, but you know, making plat to buy it is obviously faster than farming for that piece of garbage...

You're "beyond the end", and completed a pretty major grind for an enemy with a low spawn rate that's supposed to increase as time goes by, with several weeks left on the clock! What that suggests to me is that you didn't have to play every week, or burn yourself out. 

Why did you do that to yourself? 

Look, I appreciate what you're trying to do here, but grind will always be a difficult pill for people to swallow. Time-restricted grind? Even harder...but time-restricted grind with rewards that may never be available again? 

...I've been grinding my backside off for series one, and you know what? I'm done. Not just with the event, with Warframe...for at least a week, maybe several, maybe into the months. I was trying to have fun with this process, and I just...can't anymore. I still want the drops from the wolf and the rewards I haven't gotten up to, but...I need to STOP. 

Nightwave seems like it's trying to get people to cram as much playtime into a short period of time as possible, and for a FTP game that needs people to be invested, that's a TERRIBLE idea. 

My advice? Turn the Saturn 6 escapees into a sub-faction of Greneer. Either have them show up as alerts or invasions (or as a version of the sorties) with rewards gained that way.

I do appreciate you giving out slots for weapons and frames for free. That is a kind gesture. 

This is how I see this issue. There are people that prefers the excitement of getting an RNG item and the others prefer grinding consistently to get something guaranteed.

Different way to get reward. Like some people like to gamble and the others prefer not to. Well, that's not a correct expression but you get the idea.

I personally prefer alert because tbh don't want to bother learning new stuff. I'm a very casual player.

It amuses me when the argument of 'people wanting alerts back are SOO GREEDY' is used. By people who profess undying love for nightwave, because it gives them more items...So, while getting more items, they call people who want alerts back (which they claim gave less rewards) greedy? How does that work?

But that aside.

Nighwave isn't just about loot. It changed quite a few things in the way game is played. For once, it removed significant part of world building. We are no longer getting missions from lotus. No. Now it's random dev 3442 telling us, ok guys, you want that loot, so you go kill 10 rats, then ten birds, and I pay you 10 coins for each that you can spend in the store. Some people will not care about this, but the feeling of alive universe, built not only by static quest stories, but by little, and yet dynamic touches like missions given by lotus, asking for help with some crysis popping up, was the reason I kept playing the game.

And there's also the issue of changing the format of the game. Alerts gave everyone a mission, that was taking at most 10 minutes. At the end of which there was a reward. A nice, bite sized package of fun. By contast, nighwave, it's boring chore list nature aside, requires people to put in week upon week of playtime for no reward at all. At the end you can select the reward you want, sure. But the game shouldn't be (I hope) only about items you get. It should be also about the fun while playing, and the 14+ days of grind with nothing to show for it isn't exactly motivating.

That's why the idea of moving nightwave itself towards more syndicate-like format, while bringing alerts, is appealing to me. It would take some work to do the rewards of both systems right, but if solved, it would fix the problem of not getting the items people need (by offering nightwave way) while at the same time keeping people who prefer smaller chunks of gameplay with reward at the end, happy. And it wouldn't be turning warframe world into ad&d adventure done by really poor gamemaster. (so, um...you guys want loot? Ok, well, kill 10 rats, and the last rat will have all the magic items you want! Cool, eh? What do you mean, story? Where does the rat keep it all? Bag of holding, yeah).

Edited by Merrowen

1 hour ago, Helios5868 said:

Look, I appreciate what you're trying to do here, but grind will always be a difficult pill for people to swallow. Time-restricted grind? Even harder...but time-restricted grind with rewards that may never be available again? 

...I've been grinding my backside off for series one, and you know what? I'm done. Not just with the event, with Warframe...for at least a week, maybe several, maybe into the months. I was trying to have fun with this process, and I just...can't anymore. I still want the drops from the wolf and the rewards I haven't gotten up to, but...I need to STOP. 

Nightwave seems like it's trying to get people to cram as much playtime into a short period of time as possible, and for a FTP game that needs people to be invested, that's a TERRIBLE idea. 

My advice? Turn the Saturn 6 escapees into a sub-faction of Greneer. Either have them show up as alerts or invasions (or as a version of the sorties) with rewards gained that way.

I do appreciate you giving out slots for weapons and frames for free. That is a kind gesture. 

I know how you feel. I had taken a 5 year break from Warframe, and just recently returned. Was really enjoying the game for about a week, then nightwave happened.

It has been far too demanding with my time, which I value. I did reach tier 30 in nightwave but it has been a generally unpleasant experience. Dangling a carrot to make us grind, is not so terrible, if we can do it at our own pace and in our own time. It also wouldn't be so bad if this was added as an addition to alerts rather than replacing them and serving as the primary source for everything alerts offered. An alternative source, great. Even if it was a time limited event with exclusive rewards, like the wolf sledge, syandana, and armor parts, no problem. But as the sole practical source of nitain, and everything else that alerts offered, no. I can't do this again.

Since I reached nightwave tier 30, I have hardly played Warframe, and I just don't feel very enthusiastic about playing it anymore. Nightwave was exhausting and I'm probably going to have to take another very extended break now that this is over. I certainly can't handle something like this again. I'll try to stick around a bit longer and see if DE learns from this, but if what comes after nightwave is anything like this, I'm done too.

There is no logical argument against this. It is a fact that many of us found this exhausting, with the end result being a profound loss of interest in playing Warframe altogether. People will try to argue that our logic is flawed, and there is no reason to feel exhausted by this because it is easy, and we only needed to do a fraction of it, and we should have been able to do it in a couple hours each week. None of that changes how this actually felt to us, and no amount of logic will reignite our enthusiasm.

On a side note, I really don't see why these events couldn't endlessly loop. Sure it would take a bit of restructuring, but there is no real reason that these nightwave episodes could not remain and allow players to complete them at their own pace. That doesn't mean that the next event couldn't roll-out on schedule. It could just be that players could activate any episode they had yet to complete, but they could only activate one episode at any given time (activating one would deactivate any other). Maybe reaching rank 30 would end any episode except the most recent one, so you could only gain prestige ranks in the latest episode.

So players could chip away at multiple episodes, just activate one episode on monday and a different episode on tuesday. Of course players would more easily find help with tasks from the current episode, but it wouldn't matter if they couldn't finish some difficult tasks, because there would be no time constraint.

In-mission spawns like the fugitives would grant standing for whichever episode players had activated, regardless of which episode the spawns were associated with. A squad with more players enrolled in a given episode would increase chances of that episode's spawns. So if all squad members were enrolled in the most recent episode then any spawns would certainly be from that episode, but if some players were enrolled in a different episode then there would be a chance for spawns from their episode, Whatever spawns occurred though, would grant all players standing for their respective episodes regardless.

This would be kind of cool for bosses like the wolf too, because gradually most players would have completed the episode, and moved on to more recent episodes, making his spawns very rare. So his unique weapon would become increasingly rare, yet not quite unobtainable. If you had a newer player on your team, who was working through the old episodes, the wolf might just spawn. Eventually it would make less and less sense even for newer players to bother opting into very old episodes though, as the only real reason to would be the unique rewards, like the wolf gear, and newer episodes would be likely to offer more appealing unique gear. Eventually, episodes could be retired, but DE could give 2 months notice before retiring an episode so players who had not completed it and wanted to could have one last chance.

Regardless what they do with nightwave going forward though, I really hope they bring back alerts as an alternative.

Edited by Arc5in
typos

23 hours ago, Paradoxity said:

Friggin... this. C'mon guys, bringing alerts back into cycle doesn't force us to ditch nightwave, there's no law that says we can't have both. 

People completely ignore the fact and even avoid the entire Argument that You can just have BOTH and it would actually make Nightwave better.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

Funny, my Chroma functions just fine.  I slapped umbral forma on Titania for memes, and my Chroma still murders everything.

Weird, mine feels terrible without all 3 umbral peices, and to fit them in without you lose a ton, it's almost like builds and how effective a build feels is subjective, and that different people could feel different ways about how "required" an umbral forma is... but no, that couldn't be it, could it? [/sarcasm]