Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do we want for raid?

angias

Raid as they were could be a great activity.

But the core gameplay and the average powerlevel of the playerbase increased so much that the raid would just be something completely trivial(difficulty wise).

A fraction of the player base really want the raids back, so i want them or any of you to laid down some of the aspect of the gamemode that should be kept intact or expanded upon. (Excepted the almost garanted lvl increase of the mission)

Raid revolved around cooperation and proper planning. Now we would just brute force them without any though planning or cooperation.

il y a 3 minutes, Chewarette a dit :

I'm 100% sure I don't want a gigantic puzzle where the Meta is "don't kill anything".

I want some kind of Eximus Stronghold Grineer Survival Sortie 3 bullS#&$ tbh :laugh:

Mhhh doin giant puzzle while trying to keep life support up.

31 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

I'm 100% sure I don't want a gigantic puzzle

It's going to be that, though. And/or fighting enemies like the Wolf and Exploiter Orb that are just completely immune to everything. That's the direction DE seems to be going in, simply removing almost all gameplay mechanics from the equation in order to create a 'challenge' (to the player's patience, mostly).

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

It's going to be that, though. And/or fighting enemies like the Wolf and Exploiter Orb that are just completely immune to everything. That's the direction DE seems to be going in, simply removing gameplay mechanics from the equation in order to create a 'challenge' (to the player's patience, mostly).

Sad, but true. If that's the case it'll die off pretty quickly.

• Like 1

il y a 6 minutes, (XB1)Skippy575 a dit :

Sad, but true. If that's the case it'll die off pretty quickly.

Are we going to make proposition.

Or we are just bashing the idea that the efficiency and reward will determine if something is fun or not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, angias said:

Or we are just bashing the idea that the efficiency and reward will determine if something is fun or not.

Okay I'll play.

What do I want for raids? Nothing, especially with how boss fights and gamemodes have been lately.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

I want some kind of Eximus Stronghold Grineer Survival Sortie 3 bullS#&$ tbh :laugh:

>What do you want from a raid?

>I want sorties

I would like raids to have mechanics never seen in Warframe, and the efficiency is dependent on your communication and teamwork. The Profit Taker is a good example of this. The Exploiter Orb is not.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, angias said:

Something intense. Where you can't reasonably AFK even for a few seconds. Something that pushes the players and their builds to their limits (and not "bring whatever Limbo you have, even without mod, even level 1, we just need that Limbo for [insert arbitrary reason here]").

3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

>What do you want from a raid?

>I want sorties

I would like raids to have mechanics never seen in Warframe, and the efficiency is dependent on your communication and teamwork. The Profit Taker is a good example of this. The Exploiter Orb is not.

Never said I want Sorties. Just gave an example of the intensity I want. Even though there is another objective around, another mechanic as you said "never seen in Warframe", just... give us enemies around that want us dead.

Same kind of comparison you made. A lot of people dislike Profit Taker's encounter, but it is intense and you feel this thing and her troops wants you dead. Meanwhile the Exploiter Orb is... slowish and the only moment you may eventually die is when she explodes. Kinda sad.

Edited by Chewarette

yes i do want puzzles coz they enforce team cooperation that's the purpose of raids team work together to take down boss

cc/dps is how u decide to play it u can switch between them anytime

what i want is something similar to the old ones co/op must be key

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Something intense. Where you can't reasonably AFK even for a few seconds. Something that pushes the players and their builds to their limits (and not "bring whatever Limbo you have, even without mod, even level 1, we just need that Limbo for [insert arbitrary reason here]").

Never said I want Sorties. Just gave an example of the intensity I want. Even though there is another objective around, another mechanic as you said "never seen in Warframe", just... give us enemies around that want us dead.

Same kind of comparison you made. A lot of people dislike Profit Taker's encounter, but it is intense and you feel this thing and her troops wants you dead. Meanwhile the Exploiter Orb is... slowish and the only moment you may eventually die is when she explodes. Kinda sad.

Just ask DE to make a raid where you possess a grineer/corpus humanoid non-boss unit and fight against 39 unique Warframe. 

I have some ideas:

1) A stronghold where Grineers uses special Acrid that can inflict toxin, viral, corrosive, magnetic or radiation damage, and tons of Napalms that rides special vehicles (which forces them to go out of them if the player destroys them)

2) A Corpus training center, with units with Opticor Vandal and Supra Vandal, being able to do parkour, with armor and shields, and eximus units that can use a magnetic or radiation aura that can give an hard time.

3) An infested ship, with Grineers and/or Corpus that are infected, but can still walk, using infested weaponry to fight. Also, infested Sentients.

4) Taking control of a Grineer/Corpus/Infested/Sentient, and fighting unique warframes, as well as the other in the game.

5) All of the above.

I don't want the raid to be like the old ones. I'd rather them be something optional that can happen in normal missions.

For example, you are doing an exterminate and next to the nightwave thing at the bottom right you will have raid bar, when you click it you can vote to start it. Starting it activates additional objectives that you and the squad have to do in order to trigger the actual raid part. (These can range from getting melee kills, finishers, aimglide headshots to being actual objectives)

Raid part can be some nice boss battle(please no overcomplex clustercluck on the screen like profit-taker) or something cool like ships warping in and dropping high level enemies (from other factions for extra chaos :D). Hell, you could even end up having to do parts from other missions, like "defend this terminal" or "feed this extractor".

Something that can make the gameplay feel more random, not another addition to the game that will be "Ok, this is how you cheese this mission". Would love for the squad of tennos actually influence how game plays out for once.

Edited by KiteoHatto
  • Like 2

il y a 3 minutes, (XB1)Skippy575 a dit :

Okay I'll play.

What do I want for raids? Nothing, especially with how boss fights and gamemodes have been lately.

Good.

In that i am with you, some boss are given gimmick above gimmick. The orb adaptative shield was an amazing idea that was sort of overused by a multiphase fight with an archgun only gimmick.

They tend to make mechanic boss bullet sponge, so even if you get gud the fight is still long and boring.

I would like that mechanic interaction reward smartplay or getting good.

I don't want a puzzle with the mentality of stand on this and touch your nose, now spin around,..now recite the star bangled banner in latin..oh now... everyone jump and repeat all the prior steps backwards while you slowly die and your vision dims down to nothing in order to get the boss to show up...

I just want a good adventure through an indiana Jones tomb with a monster at the end worthy of the journey....

• Like 2

There's no point to putting effort into a raid type game mode again if it's only going to be the same stuff there already is, only you're getting better rewards for it.

46 minutes ago, KiteoHatto said:

I don't want the raid to be like the old ones. I'd rather them be something optional that can happen in normal missions.

For example, you are doing an exterminate and next to the nightwave thing at the bottom right you will have raid bar, when you click it you can vote to start it. Starting it activates additional objectives that you and the squad have to do in order to trigger the actual raid part. (These can range from getting melee kills, finishers, aimglide headshots to being actual objectives)

Raid part can be some nice boss battle(please no overcomplex clustercluck on the screen like profit-taker) or something cool like ships warping in and dropping high level enemies (from other factions for extra chaos :D). Hell, you could even end up having to do parts from other missions, like "defend this terminal" or "feed this extractor".

Something that can make the gameplay feel more random, not another addition to the game that will be "Ok, this is how you cheese this mission". Would love for the squad of tennos actually influence how game plays out for once.

That's not matching raids from any other game, though. When you say raid, it means high level content with more people than usual.

This is just a personal version of the Grineer and Corpus Invasion timers.

• Like 1

Raids is one area that DE could learn a lot from Bungie. The raids in Destiny are all pretty good. There are some that are pretty easy to accomplish and ones that still take good communication from skilled teams to complete. I want the raids to come back and actually be challenging as that is what Warframe really lacks.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I don't want a puzzle with the mentality of stand on this and touch your nose, now spin around,..now recite the star bangled banner in latin..oh now... everyone jump and repeat all the prior steps backwards while you slowly die and your vision dims down to nothing in order to get the boss to show up...

I just want a good adventure through an indiana Jones tomb with a monster at the end worthy of the journey....

That first part sounds like destiny raids and I hate how true it is lol.

I also want a good adventure with a boss at the end. I don't want a mission that makes me pull out a notepad so I can jot down all the bullS#&$ mechanics and study it like a damn school lesson.

Edited by KiteoHatto
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

Raids is one area that DE could learn a lot from Bungie. The raids in Destiny are all pretty good. There are some that are pretty easy to accomplish and ones that still take good communication from skilled teams to complete. I want the raids to come back and actually be challenging as that is what Warframe really lacks.

No, please no destiny raids.

Spire of stars, Leviathan and eater of worlds is why I ended up dropping D2 and came back to this. It was so chuck full of "stand on this and touch your nose, now spin around,..now recite the star bangled banner in latin..oh now... everyone jump and repeat all the prior steps backwards while you slowly die and your vision dims down to nothing in order to get the boss to show up".

You know, Anthem's strongholds are more my type. You don't need a super coordinated team of tryhards to get through(unless you are on the much higher difficulty but thats another can of worms). You just need half an hour of your time and shoot things.

Something that actually utilizes the game's strengths: fluid movement and fast, hectic combat.

Definitely not CCing everything while standing on buttons and solving nonsensical "puzzles".