Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

23 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:
1 hour ago, nslay said:

As of 4/21/2019 the Wolf of Saturn Six is now immune to Shattering Impact

I've been waiting for that shoe to drop. Kinda like when they made Eidelons immune to Shield Disruption... 

I fought him a couple hours ago, he wasn't immune. Sounds like BS to me, possibly originating from someone who doesn't know about the armor strip host/client UI bug that's existed for ages (i.e. only the host sees the health bar turn red when all armor is stripped).

Edited by SordidDreams

6 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I fought him a couple hours ago, he wasn't immune. Sounds like BS to me, possibly originating from someone who doesn't know about the armor strip host/client UI bug that's existed for ages (i.e. only the host sees the health bar turn red when all armor is stripped).

You mean the wiki on Wolf of Saturn Six? It's been wrong before I guess.

I actually like fighting the wolf, I'm only MR 14 and there isn't much I can't just blow through easily. Even sortie enemies aren't bad to fight, aside from a level 100 Juggernaut... That was a bit of a surprise...

But I like that I can have an actual battle against one beefy bad boy that's my size instead of just the typical drive-by shooting of... well... pretty much everything else in the game.

The Wolf isn't invincible, and he's pretty much the only thing you have to prepare a "Plan B" weapon for in a mission. Aside from eidolons and orb mothers, you barely have to pay attention to what kind of damage you have to bring to everything else. That's why I like the wolf.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

The info was edited into it by a person.

Well, if I see Wolf I will keep Shattering Impact handy and see if it still works. I play solo a lot so the host bug issue you described shouldn't affect me if I happen to see him!

2 minutes ago, Ofeban said:

You either:

a) Carry a weapon in your load-out at all times to deal specifically with the wolf.

I started doing that, namely a Shattering Impact Sarpa. But it's actually proven extremely handy against regular enemies as well, so it's going to stay in my loadout... well, probably indefinitely. Until Sarpa Prime is released and/or SI nerfed.

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Granted I've dropped a bunch of primed mods and tweaked it with one of the acolyte mods. (I should really test it out with one of the "bane of Grineer" mods and see if that helps but I'm lazy.)

You do realize most players don't have those, right? It kind of undermines your point when you admit you're using a heavily upgraded weapon with expensive mods. And having tried a similar strategy this morning, I'm pretty sure those mods are making a big difference, because even with a riven and hydraulic crosshairs letting me get near 100% Orange crits as long as I kept headshotting, the wolf was awful when he crashed the hydron farm. I'm going to try Rubico Prime (Forma'd, but no primed mods or acolyte mods) instead but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by (XB1)Sir Dwar

49 minutes ago, nslay said:

There is no reason to use other pet than Sentinel as no other pet offers Vacuum.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Fetch

Pets now have vacuum with this mod since update 24.0.2 (5 months ago)

57 minutes ago, Diavoros said:

There is no reason to use other pet than a kavat, as no other pet offers the utility that an adarza or smeeta can give, that trumps over any meager damage a kubrow can do. 

But but but ......!!!

.....this is really funny to look at!! :crylaugh:

hwkTGbv.jpg

Wolf is trapped in this animation for a few secs giving me time to land free shots on him.

• Like 1

Just encountered the LONGEST wolf hunt of my life. Usually it would take me 5 minutes to kill it with a TOP SPEC riven modded kitgun. This time I was foddering my mastery weapons, and so was everyone else. We were literally dying to a level 70 wolf. Also unfortunately my archgun refused to deploy for no reason. It's as if having archgun deployed as a gear item introduces many points of failure 🤔!

This is me, with only a barely modded simulor after 10 minutes of being stuck unable to complete wave 5 hydron. Everyone is taking turns dying and you can see that we took maybe 3% of his health by now.Warframe0391.jpg

In the end, I had to use an exploit to kill it, but I shouldn't have to be exploiting the game's structure to by-pass a poorly designed one. Please remove the immunity to status and the unreasonable damage reduction (the same one juggernaught armor has). He's literally unkillable unless we cheat the game or have maxed out loadouts.

He dropped North Wind btw

9 minutes ago, (XB1)AdolphBinStalin said:

I actually like fighting the wolf, I'm only MR 14 and there isn't much I can't just blow through easily. Even sortie enemies aren't bad to fight, aside from a level 100 Juggernaut... That was a bit of a surprise...

But I like that I can have an actual battle against one beefy bad boy that's my size instead of just the typical drive-by shooting of... well... pretty much everything else in the game.

The Wolf isn't invincible, and he's pretty much the only thing you have to prepare a "Plan B" weapon for in a mission. Aside from eidolons and orb mothers, you barely have to pay attention to what kind of damage you have to bring to everything else. That's why I like the wolf.

I couldn't agree more, I'm MR 15 and welcome any enemy who can push me harder. Sadly the three times I've fought him (solo) he was low level, hence his rarity has been my biggest dissapointment. So no way would I ever abort from a chance to fight him, especially if I'm under equiped, because there's nothing more thrilling than the possibility of defeat. No other reward needed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

I usually just straight up Alt-F4 because I'm not getting rewarded enough for dealing with this BS.

BS or not it takes time and beeing rewarded with finaly the good part

this vid is made after 20 battles with the wolf

And yes it paid off

Edited by -_Highlander_-
Removed the spoiler

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Sir Dwar said:

You do realize most players don't have those, right?

I've said that so many times to so many people in threads concerning the Wolf and every single time the question has either been dodged, ignored or brushed off.

They know that most players don't have access to a bevy of primed mods and Rivens, they just don't care.

hace 3 horas, Tokomi_ dijo:

Who aborts when the wolf appears in a mission?

No fancy rivens or stuff, this is how I kill him:

1) My Slowva CC the molotov minions with her 4th, if I bump into him while wearing some other frame, I summon my slowva specter;

2) My Smeeta kavat can tank him with his decoy and strip away his armor with Sharpened Claw kavat mod (not a rare mod);

3) Wolf switches target from my kavat decoy to my specter to me, I just evade while I'm target until he moves to the next target;

4) Like all sentients he adapts so when my primary begins to hit small numbers, I switch to my secondary, then to my meele and repeat.

5) I am using the Opticor with rad, Catchmoon with rad and some random meele with rad too!

I hope this helps a bit, good luck!

Edited by Sayune
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I started doing that, namely a Shattering Impact Sarpa. But it's actually proven extremely handy against regular enemies as well, so it's going to stay in my loadout... well, probably indefinitely. Until Sarpa Prime is released and/or SI nerfed.

It really doesn't work on him anymore. Before Shattering Impact, 10k hits from Opticor Vandal. After Shattering Impact, 10k hits from Opticor Vandal. It has no effect now.

2 minutes ago, nslay said:

It really doesn't work on him anymore. Before Shattering Impact, 10k hits from Opticor Vandal. After Shattering Impact, 10k hits from Opticor Vandal. It has no effect now.

How much did you SI him? Because it takes quite a lot of hits to take all his armor away.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CodyXSavageX said:

best way to kill him is to pause/glitch him then melee him or pray to god you have redeemer prime, a sniper and a kit gun with a riven because say goodbye to your ammo and sanity

Nah, man. Nova. CC those annoying flunkies, then spam antimatter drop for 200K radiation damage a pop.

Just now, nslay said:

A lot. With Berserker, I lost count.

Hm, that's certainly disheartening.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1