Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

8 minutes ago, nslay said:

I don't use beasts. I always use my Carrier or Helios.

But but.. kitty is good, kitty purrs. And if you jam enough forma in them they can survive pretty decently as well. Good for the resource buff especially with kuva 🙂 Only time I switch is helios for scanning new enemies.

1 hour ago, (XB1)AdolphBinStalin said:

...is kind of officially the wrong way to fight him. Or any serious enemy in the game Think about it like "The right tool, for the right job."

So I'm supposed to stop leveling my new gear or whatever I want on the off chance I'll run into an enemy that took a heck of a long time to even meet once? It's not like I was going out of my way to meet them anyway, I was randomly unlocking a relic while leveling new weapons I had equipped. So when everyone is in such a state or you could otherwise have done something about it but you're in a random pug with newbs or equally unprepared people, you're out of luck unless they're as dedicated as you at chipping away their health for 30 minutes and I knew I was probably in trouble when someone typed "how do you beat it?" before they left and being the host, ended up kicking me. This encounter was poorly designed, you shouldn't have to change the way you play for it alone UNLESS you can skip the rng and fight it directly when you want. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)AdolphBinStalin said:

Thankfully he's weak against an element that's pretty much useful against anything: Radiation. And you just need one solid weapon with radiation damage on it to hurt him ^.^ The other 2 choices are yours entirely. As for hosts aborting, radiation damage can help with that as well. If everyone on your squad sees you actually decently hammering on The Wolf, they'll chip in and start engaging him too.

Posts like these completely blow my mind since they never factor in that you're likely not going to be wielding a radiation every mission going forward until nightwave is over because 1. It's rng when it comestoo encountering it and 2. People have different stuff they want to do outside of jumping into missions and maybe just maaaaaaybe encountering this one enemy that might pop up. How is a prisma grinlok going to do anything to the wolf at level 70 + with everyone either in a similar position in a random pug or just new players. If you could get marked then it's a different story then you can go forward accordingly but it doesn't go away and the only time I take issue with it is when I meet him in squads and at a high enough level that we're slowly stripping him away of health and it isn't fun, it isn't a challenge, it's as dull as their 60 minutes survival runs.

10 hours ago, Tokomi_ said:

Who aborts when the wolf appears in a mission?

I have been in several missions yesterday, and one today, that when the wolf appeared, the whole pub group of four (me included) unanimously decided it was a better gameplay choice to abort. The two exceptions were when we could just run away and complete the mission and exfil while he was wandering after us through the map.

Surely DE had something else in mind when this concept was approved. Generally speaking, no one wants to fight him; it's universally agreed upon that the time sink is too much for the reward. This is from random public groups, not my very small circle of Warframe friends (who, incidentally, don't fight him either).

Is there a better way, DE?

TIP: when the wold attacks you, and you are afraid to die, just stand on a box or a ledge, he won't be able to touch you or hurt you, and you will have all the time in the world to kill him

9 hours ago, nslay said:

There is absolutely no good reason why you can't carry a melee weapon with Impact Damage and slot Shattering Impact in your melee weapon... None whatsoever. You can make 1 mod fit considering that you're not really even using the melee weapon to do any damage to Wolf.

Save for having everything Wolf drops, there is no reason to abort either. Even level 80 Wolf doesn't take more than 5 minutes after all his armor is stripped!

EDIT: P.S. Shattering Impact strips 6 base armor independent of his armor scaling. You need only hit Wolf 34 times (200 base armor)... level 30 or level 80. It doesn't matter!

EDIT2: Never mind. Hillarious!

As of 4/21/2019 the Wolf of Saturn Six is now immune to Shattering Impact but can still be affected by Sharpened Claws. This is a very recent change but it is not listed in any patch notes.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Wolf_of_Saturn_Six

34 times? my God, by that time i would have killed him and ended the mission

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

34 times? my God, by that time i would have killed him and ended the mission

With Berserker, it's really not hard to do this very quickly. It's even faster with something like Sarpa which I think registers something like 10 melee hits per shot.

It becomes more important to strip his armor when he's like level 75 and taking only ~12% damage with his armor intact.

I don't abort but I don't really bother with him now.

Still only have 1 part but the fight isn't rewarding enough to get excited for it.  Out of the 10 times I've seen him, gotten 1 part and several mods I already have 50+ of.  

Gimme Nightwave standing or Wolf Credits for taking him down, something other than more mods I had dozens of already.

8 hours ago, (XB1)Sir Dwar said:

You do realize most players don't have those, right? It kind of undermines your point when you admit you're using a heavily upgraded weapon with expensive mods. And having tried a similar strategy this morning, I'm pretty sure those mods are making a big difference, because even with a riven and hydraulic crosshairs letting me get near 100% Orange crits as long as I kept headshotting, the wolf was awful when he crashed the hydron farm. I'm going to try Rubico Prime (Forma'd, but no primed mods or acolyte mods) instead but I'm not holding my breath.

Here's the paragraph after the bit you quoted:

12 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

But as I indicated, I'm doing more than half of the damage in most of the encounters. Imagine what would happen if my squad had 4 players, each doing just half of the damage that I'm doing. The fight would finish almost twice as fast, or at the very least in the same amount of time! 

Here's the thing. For the 100%+ crit chance and about double the damage multiplier, I've sacrificed a substantial amount of radiation damage (and status but we're not counting that). I could have gone hornet strike, lethal torrent, barrel diffusion, pistol gambit, jolt, convulsion, heated charge and scorch. Or sub in a target cracker for either jolt or scorch for the crit damage. Either way, that would put me really close to the 50% mark I figure. 

Now I did a run today where in 5 waves of Hydron and the wolf, I did over 80% of the damage. Dirty math suggests that with 4 players doing half the damage, we're talking around 60% of the time needed to kill the wolf and his buddies. Almost twice as fast. And please remember, I'm taking a Rhino for survivability, the crowd control and his roar boost that's not the most efficient . Imagine if you had a Chroma, added to the mix? A valkyr? Garuda?

So not sure if I can agree with your decision that my use of those mods invalidates what I said. 

Oh and remember the headshots do very little damage to the wolf. 

Either way, good luck, Tenno. 

21 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Wow, just met the new Amalgam wolf, they've nerfed the hell out of him. Didn't have a way to strip the armour this time, killed him in 20 seconds. Pretty sure any weapon will work fine on him now.

Were you solo? He's easy as pie if solo.

It's in groups that he seems to be overscaled still. Ugh...I just hate how bad his damn drop table is.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Were you solo? He's easy as pie if solo.

It's in groups that he seems to be overscaled still. Ugh...I just hate how bad his damn drop table is.

Yeh I was. He dropped in seconds. He's only scaled in groups cos 1 person is being effective not 4 lol 😄

1 hour ago, nslay said:

With Berserker, it's really not hard to do this very quickly. It's even faster with something like Sarpa which I think registers something like 10 melee hits per shot.

It becomes more important to strip his armor when he's like level 75 and taking only ~12% damage with his armor intact.

i did not need to hit him 34 times, it took around 10 shots (video above)

3 hours ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

So I'm supposed to stop leveling my new gear or whatever I want on the off chance I'll run into an enemy that took a heck of a long time to even meet once? It's not like I was going out of my way to meet them anyway, I was randomly unlocking a relic while leveling new weapons I had equipped

No? Just carry one weapon for The Wolf. You still have 2 weapon slots and in no way hinders leveling your frames. I'm not telling you exactly what you should be doing, I'm telling you there's another option aside from fighting him for 30 minutes straight or just bailing on the mission entirely when he spawns. You do you though, even if it apparently isn't making you very happy?

3 hours ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

Posts like these completely blow my mind since they never factor in that you're likely not going to be wielding a radiation every mission going forward until nightwave is over because 1. It's rng when it comestoo encountering it and 2. People have different stuff they want to do outside of jumping into missions and maybe just maaaaaaybe encountering this one enemy that might pop up.

Well, always carrying an anti-wolf weapon is entirely possible so "likely not going to be" doesn't ever happen to me. There are a lot of people in this thread that carry an anti-wolf backup, kill the wolf, then happily continue on with the mission hopefully with a brand new shiny to boot.

Like I said you do whatever you want, but I just prefer to kill him and go along on my merry way. I just offered solutions.

Edited by (XB1)AdolphBinStalin

Took out the Wolf at level 70 in 1 min 20 seconds today, carrying the squad through him.  For anyone actively Wolf hunting, this chops a couple minutes off the time:

Valkyr, umbral build (no umbral forma).  Radiation-modded claws and a single gladiator mod slotted building off of Sacrificial Steel to get constant crits pretty quickly.  The slide attack does insane damage and has a lot of multihits.

So, if you're wanting to fully optimize your loadout to kill him practically immediately, Valkyr still has her niche of high single target DPS. 

If you're with a premade squad of buddies/clanmates running fissures to try to get him or something, I recommend 2 Valkyrs, a roar Rhino, and a frame with CC to put his buddies in timeout.  Level 70 would likely go down in about 30 to 40 seconds, assuming everybody digs in.

Edited by (PS4)BenHeisennberg

14 hours ago, nslay said:

There is absolutely no good reason why you can't carry a melee weapon with Impact Damage and slot Shattering Impact in your melee weapon... None whatsoever. You can make 1 mod fit considering that you're not really even using the melee weapon to do any damage to Wolf.

Save for having everything Wolf drops, there is no reason to abort either. Even level 80 Wolf doesn't take more than 5 minutes after all his armor is stripped!

EDIT: P.S. Shattering Impact strips 6 base armor independent of his armor scaling. You need only hit Wolf 34 times (200 base armor)... level 30 or level 80. It doesn't matter!

EDIT2: Never mind. Hillarious!

As of 4/21/2019 the Wolf of Saturn Six is now immune to Shattering Impact but can still be affected by Sharpened Claws. This is a very recent change but it is not listed in any patch notes.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Wolf_of_Saturn_Six

Inb4 they remove shattering impact from drop tables and it becomes the rarest common ever.

Good for you, want a cookie?

You are very clearly ignoring everything that many agreed on, wolf is a threat to low level players, shows up on worlds and missions he shouldn't.

I am not actively hunting like many others we want nothing to do with him when we are busy leveling items with our frames we like.

My ideas works as it doesn't harm anyone and allows people to actively avoid wolf while also protects new players or do you not give a dam players that are new or want to grind effectively and at their own pace(solo)?

I just bail most of the time. It's really not worth the effort to kill him with his atrocious drop table and the recent decision to fix it so shattering impact doesn't work anymore, especially if I'm doing a focus farming run or trying to level some fodder primary. 

12 hours ago, nslay said:

Nope, I am wrong. Encountered him again in Mithra at level 70. I consciously made sure to shoot him first rather than instinctively melee him... 3000 damage per shot initially. Melee'd him a lot and those shots cranked up to 10,000 damage per shot.

So Shattering Impact still seems to work.

Awesome, good to know. 👍

Wish i could join army of plebians so i could whine on forums about how Wolf is hard to kill and how he kicked my butt. But no i have to be elitist uber haxxor progamer (well compared to 90% of warframe playerbase i sure i am). Poor me.

There are wepon/frames that completely obliterate him. There is even frame that kills him in less than 30 seconds by using just one ability. 

Oh man how i miss the good old times being ignorant, clueless, whiny plebian... Kappa

5 hours ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

Took out the Wolf at level 70 in 1 min 20 seconds today, carrying the squad through him.  For anyone actively Wolf hunting, this chops a couple minutes off the time:

Valkyr, umbral build (no umbral forma).  Radiation-modded claws and a single gladiator mod slotted building off of Sacrificial Steel to get constant crits pretty quickly.  The slide attack does insane damage and has a lot of multihits.

So, if you're wanting to fully optimize your loadout to kill him practically immediately, Valkyr still has her niche of high single target DPS. 

If you're with a premade squad of buddies/clanmates running fissures to try to get him or something, I recommend 2 Valkyrs, a roar Rhino, and a frame with CC to put his buddies in timeout.  Level 70 would likely go down in about 30 to 40 seconds, assuming everybody digs in.

I can kill the wolf in less than 10 seconds. All I need is make him spawn while I'm doing a void defense mission (the map with lasers) and wait until he stands in front of said laser. Activate it and you'll kill him with one single hit.

I'm not sure why is people complaining about the wolf. All you have to do is spam void defense missions all day long, don't play anything else and wait for him to appear there.

Do you see any flaw in my argument?

• Like 1

I solo'd him.

Well, not exactly. I was running an Exterminate in the Void to bag some samples for Simaris. So of course 'It's this blankety-blank again'. Now I know how people felt about the Collector in Darkest Dungeon.

(On a side note, I've been getting jumped a LOT by assassin bosses of late. Four Stalker attacks, two Syndicate hit teams, three Wolf attacks...)

In any case, Wolf's pathfinding and geometry could use some work. I got him tangled up between a staircase and a wall in the Tower map, and he couldn't seem to turn around or extricate himself. So after leading his unkillable minions on a merry chase to distract them, I walk up and dump a third of my Vaykor Hek's ammo into the back of his head. Did I mention my VH was modded to deal about 10k rad?

Much better than the first time we met, during a Corpus Defense mission and I emptied a Soma Prime loaded with magnetic proc bullets into his face. Might as well have been throwing beanbags.

But yeah, he's a damage sponge boss, and the best cure is to use radiation damage.

I usually abort. He's a regular visitor on Hydron, smelling that fresh forma. I'm not going to carry an anti-wolf loadout just for him to drop Nothing At All again, so unless someone else is wrecking him, I'm gone. The last time he showed up, we got him to half health, the host left, and the Wolf healed completely in the transition. I aborted right after that; no point wasting my time. 

In regular missions (say, a void fissure) if it's low level, I'll kill him, and if it's high level, I'll just ditch him and extract. 

Edit: and I'm not really sure what the Anti-Wolf weapon would be. I have rad-modded EVERYTHING, and nothing seems to do any particular amount of damage. Three digit numbers, maybe. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

1 hour ago, Benour said:

Wish i could join army of plebians so i could whine on forums about how Wolf is hard to kill and how he kicked my butt. But no i have to be elitist uber haxxor progamer (well compared to 90% of warframe playerbase i sure i am). Poor me.

There are wepon/frames that completely obliterate him. There is even frame that kills him in less than 30 seconds by using just one ability. 

Oh man how i miss the good old times being ignorant, clueless, whiny plebian... Kappa

Here's your cookie. Congrats for Winning at Warframe.