Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

vor 44 Minuten schrieb -_Highlander_-:

BS or not it takes time and beeing rewarded with finaly the good part

this vid is made after 20 battles with the wolf

And yes it paid off

And here's the problem:

I don't care.

I have no interest in his hammer of RNGesus, or any other of his drops.

So for me, fighting him isn't worth it at all.

• Like 1

They weren't thinking when they made him such a damage sponge. Met him for the first time without the proper equipment and we barely put a dent in his health and then the host aborted  which sent me to host migration and sent me right back out of the mission heh. So missed out on that one even if it would have cost my sanity killing him off finally. You shouldn't have to be equipped for a war just to tick away at his health at a less than decent rate. Just make it so he takes more damage after he throws his hammer or something because it's just stupid at this point and I'll rage if I lose out on a chance for a drop because the host aborts rather than deal with him.

• Like 1

I had quit this thread for a while hoping that the minority of people that like bullet sponges such as the wolf would at the very least understand and consider mine and many other people's views.

Let me put it this way:

Would you react negatively if... say Occulysts, Junction Warframes and, while we're at it, John Prodman would be added to the random chance pool of spawning in any mission you'd play?

My guess would be yes, because most of the time it'd be a tedious fight with no satisfying reward due to the fact that you picked a specific loadout for a specific enemy that didn't show up. And bringing the argument of picking "A weapon for everything" only fuels my point further due to the fact you're just a boring husk that plays the game just for the sake of playing, not to have fun. 

That being said however, I shouldn't judge in the first place what fun is to someone. Some people like to go out with girls, some like to wash the dishes, some like to deal with bullet sponges enemies in game and some like to stick dog turds up their noses while their parents watch it.

My point, and probably the majority of the people as well, is that the wolf is just a chain reaction of problems, each one just making the other worse.

- Nerfing his health bar and armor? That would fix it but then it'd become boring, and just another regular boss.

- Weakpoints for general use? That'd prove to be interesting and a fix for the whole ordeal.

- Making him spawn in one place or through something in a guaranteed way and that way only? Definitely the best fix, and everyone would happy. Both the majority that complains about their encounter with them and those beef jerkys that say they were blindfolded, were underneath a surgery and making a sick 360º with their skateboard and killed the Wolf in less than -5 seconds. If people would then join a party to go face the Wolf in the specific designated spot to fight him and complain that he's too hard I would be all on board to redirect those people to a nearby info booth on how to beat him. It'd be the whole 4chan threads thing: "I went into a thread that was titled with stuff that I hate and I came out angry. How could this happen to me?".

There are simple solutions that can fix things and please everyone. Also to the gentleman who shunned someone's opinion, choose to actively ignore it and then told everyone to stop reading his posts, that sounds like authoritarian propaganda to me but ok.

Edited by Mrevasivepants
Woopsy daisy, mispelled spaghetti.

Il y a 4 heures, Ryim_Drykeon a dit :

I won't leave a mission (he's easy enough to kill these days), but he's beyond even the syndicate attack annoyance factor now. "Oh HIM again?". Don't care about Nightwave anymore. Just want this crap to go away. His drop chance is pathetic considering he's an RNG spawn (for a limited time, no less), and his "best loot" is a pathetic MR fodder hammer.

hehehe atleast he dropps stuff, ive been playing since launch basically and never seen stalker dropp Hate or Despair (i got Hate once but we failed that mission so i never got it) so to be fair the wolf have way better RNG than stalker (now you have to basically buy the pack in order to get hate and despair, unless beacons are avaible)

29 minutes ago, Mrevasivepants said:

Nerfing his health bar and armor? That would fix it but then it'd become boring

He's boring now, there's not much more that could make him more boring,

30 minutes ago, Mrevasivepants said:

Weakpoints for general use?

He actually has one, but its a small pinhole sized spot on his head, also anywhere on his head but that pinhole takes less damage than shooting him in his torso.

33 minutes ago, Mrevasivepants said:

I had quit this thread for a while hoping that the minority of people that like bullet sponges such as the wolf would at the very least understand and consider mine and many other people's views.

Let me put it this way:

Would you react negatively if... say Occulysts, Junction Warframes and, while we're at it, John Prodman would be added to the random chance pool of spawning in any mission you'd play?

My guess would be yes, because most of the time it'd be a tedious fight with no satisfying reward due to the fact that you picked a specific loadout for a specific enemy that didn't show up. And bringing the argument of picking "A weapon for everything" only fuels my point further due to the fact you're just a boring husk that plays the game just for the sake of playing, not to have fun. 

That being said however, I shouldn't judge in the first place what fun is to someone. Some people like to go out with girls, some like to wash the dishes, some like to deal with bullet sponges enemies in game and some like to stick dog turds up their noses while their parents watch it.

My point, and probably the majority of the people as well, is that the wolf is just a chain reaction of problems, each one just making the other worse.

- Nerfing his health bar and armor? That would fix it but then it'd become boring, and just another regular boss.

- Weakpoints for general use? That'd prove to be interesting and a fix for the whole ordeal.

- Making him spawn in one place or through something in a guaranteed way and that way only? Definitely the best fix, and everyone would happy. Both the majority that complains about their encounter with them and those beef jerkys that say they were blindfolded, were underneath a surgery and making a sick 360º with their skateboard and killed the Wolf in less than -5 seconds. If people would then join a party to go face the Wolf in the specific designated spot to fight him and complain that he's too hard I would be all on board to redirect those people to a nearby info booth on how to beat him. It'd be the whole 4chan threads thing: "I went into a thread that was titled with stuff that I hate and I came out angry. How could this happen to me?".

There are simple solutions that can fix things and please everyone. Also to the gentleman who shunned someone's opinion, choose to actively ignore it and then told everyone to stop reading his posts, that sounds like authoritarian propaganda to me but ok.

i understand your point, and i know it gets a little bit frustrating trying to get your points across people who don't really seem to care to listen to you but calm down a little.  yeah weak points would be an interesting way to do it to help anyone that is unfortunate to meet wolf.  another not i was thinking of cripple points (aka shooting him in the legs enough times slows him down) because one thing i do notice is that wolf moves around the place a bit too much. he twirls his hammer and zooms across the map with something he picked up from crushing ruin which is a hammer stance. it would at least be nice to be able to slow him down though our abilities don't effect him cause DE wants to him to be "challenging" 

you know sometimes i swear the words "difficult" "challenging" "hard" and the most infamous "tactical difficulty" seems to just be swinged  around  the place like they want it because it sounds cool but no one knows how it will effect the game.

Edited by maddragonmaster

8 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

For a newb, not killing an enemy for 2 minutes while 4 of them are actively attacking you, is probably a pretty good way of ensuring that your warframe dies. Isn't that what you're saying you want to avoid having happen? 🙄

Not a new player and I have easily avoided being killed while soloing missions but I am horribly underarmed as I have been rainking up weapons/frames/pets/ect so I am not even remotely set up for fighting the wolf or his flunkies.

The problem is new players are not going to have the skills or equipment yet to deal with the wolf.

Hell I talked to seven new players who quit because of the wolf.

8 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

you know sometimes i swear the words "difficult" "challenging" "hard" and the most infamous "tactical difficult" seems to just be swinged  around  the place like they want it because it sounds cool but no one knows how it will effect the game.

When the word "challenging" is applied in video games and their comparison I always like to point them at the Dark Souls Franchise.

Now, is Dark Souls hard for me? No. Is it challenging? Hell yes.

Games like Ys, Devil May Cry, Dark Souls, Bayonetta, etc actually understand how a boss (and its level) is designed.  A boss fight is suppose to be a test of all of your skills and upgrades you've achieved over the course of playing the game, NOT a locked down thunderdome where the rules change and you're suppose to use a single mechanic(Please disregard the ancient Wyvern from Dark souls 3.)

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

He's boring now, there's not much more that could make him more boring,

I wouldn't say boring in his current state, far from it even. It can be quite interesting how much a single enemy can piss down your neck.

6 minutes ago, Aldain said:

He actually has one, but its a small pinhole sized spot on his head, also anywhere on his head but that pinhole takes less damage than shooting him in his torso.

It's a weakspot, but a bad one. if I wanted to apply surgical precision in a fast paced video game in something that is the size of a grape I would've gone to med school

the main issue i have been seeing is the prepared or over prepared  hardly see him yet the under prepared and the new people tend to run away from him or avoid him like they are in a horror film.... yep sounds like a perfectly working system... not at all a ANNOYING MESS

sorry for the sarcasm but this issue wolf is presenting is proof that we need the assassin system or what ever they call it is in need of tweaking. maybe include an apology beacon and i don't know maybe a rather cheep stalker or wolf repellent for the people that are unfortunate enough to be plague with their visits. that or get stalker and wolf strength mace.

3 minutes ago, Mrevasivepants said:

I wouldn't say boring in his current state, far from it even. It can be quite interesting how much a single enemy can piss down your neck.

I'd say it's boring because there is nothing interesting on the fight aside the huge hp pool he has. To a prepared player he presents no challenge, just an annoyance of which take care. He will be a time sink, but he hardly presents any risk to your mission if you are prepared. It will be just that, a time sink.

For the non prepared one, he's not a challenge either, he just destroys you and you have nothing to do, so you either run away or let him kill you so it finishes as fast as possible.

7 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Expecting people to want to pull some of their own weight isn't elitism.

True.

Explaining that many players already have the tools at hand to make the fight doable isn't elitism.

Again, it circles back to having to equip said tools for a very narrowed chance of a specific encounter to happen in the first place. It's like taking an excavation equipment to your school everyday because you've the feeling that one day it might come in handy to use it when the school collapses and some of your classmates are stuck underneath.

Accepting the fact that people who can't do anything to kill him because they are brand new to the game, won't be able to kill him on their own isn't elitism. 

True.

But telling someone else that what they personally see as an enjoyable challenge, claiming that the average player won't be able to contribute to the fight at all of and will just straight up die because they're oh so very weak, and insisting that the only way to win is to use a godroll riven? Yeah, that ain't right at all. 

People who actually insist that a godroll riven is the only way are talking out of their asses obviously.

And why does it seem that the people who don't have a valid response to the points raised, always claim stuff like arrogance and condescending attitudes as a way of getting out of responding to those points? 

Facts over feelings, that's what I've been doing though.

10 minutes ago, Mrevasivepants said:

I wouldn't say boring in his current state

I would, he outright can't hit you unless you stand perfectly still, also since he's melee locked if he didn't have those molotov mooks following him around he would pose less of a threat than a Heavy Gunner Grinner.

Factor in that most of his fight is plugging him with round after round of fire while he pathetically dashes around with his tornado spin (which can be avoided by rolling once in the opposite direction) and you have a recipe for the equivalent of Jason Vorhees vs the Terminator, a hilariously one-sided fight that all comes down to not falling asleep at the wheel.

Lets face it not everyone wants to deal with the wolf, there are those than want to rank up gear quickly and then repeat the same quest until they are finished and then start over with the next thing.

Wolf shows up and bam, halting progress which means

A. ether stop your task to deal with a boss that drops trash while avoiding his flame tossing parasites 

B. Avoid them to finish the mission and get out

C. Let him kill you(stupid as hell)

D. Quit the mission*

The wolf was poorly thought out and poorly implemented.

*I have had many quit when the wolf shows up

2 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

You say that as if I can just make that happen. 🤣 I will as soon as he graces me with his presence.

Nope, I am wrong. Encountered him again in Mithra at level 70. I consciously made sure to shoot him first rather than instinctively melee him... 3000 damage per shot initially. Melee'd him a lot and those shots cranked up to 10,000 damage per shot.

So Shattering Impact still seems to work.

I wouldn't abort for any reason.

Always have a good rad weapon on me, a rad archgun, shattering impact and shattering claws.

I'm actually farming him actively, without success...

Edited by Alpha56

5 minutes ago, Alpha56 said:

I'm actually farming him actively, without success... 

I almost exclusively encounter him in relic missions. I've encountered him less often playing solo normal missions (e.g. like Kuva Exterminate farming Cyclone Kraken or Marduk, Void to do Nightwave things or just for fun... can get a Bullet Dance out of it too!).

Don't take it from me... This is purely anecdotal. But yeah, I'd say 90% of my encounters were in relic missions... mostly Axi missions, though I did get him in a Meso earlier today. I've never got him in Lith.

Tokomi_, the next time you see the Wolf of Saturn Six, please kindly pass him this message before you abort:

Please go after Fazel412. And stop being damn afraid of Shakespearean literature. Your midsummer night's dream won't turn into a tragedy.

:SadTitania:

Waste of time, I avoid him in solo

another badly designed boss mob

when ppl start aborting missions when he spawn, DE has failed badly in making it fun

the entire nightwave plus wolf is the least fun “event” that I have played so far. 

Thumbs down!!

Edited by Im_a_fat_boy2

3 hours ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

They weren't thinking when they made him such a damage sponge.

Well, right. Sure he can take an almost unlimited beating from weapons his defenses are strong against, but...

Met him for the first time without the proper equipment and we barely put a dent in his health and then the host aborted  which sent me to host migration and sent me right back out of the mission heh. So missed out on that one even if it would have cost my sanity killing him off finally.

...is kind of officially the wrong way to fight him. Or any serious enemy in the game Think about it like "The right tool, for the right job."

You shouldn't have to be equipped for a war just to tick away at his health at a less than decent rate.

But but but... we are... at war... Thankfully he's weak against an element that's pretty much useful against anything: Radiation. And you just need one solid weapon with radiation damage on it to hurt him ^.^ The other 2 choices are yours entirely. As for hosts aborting, radiation damage can help with that as well. If everyone on your squad sees you actually decently hammering on The Wolf, they'll chip in and start engaging him too.

When I first encountered him, I was like

O.O; 

then I did some research. Awesome people on the forums suggested the same thing we've all said in this thread, I tried their advice out and now I dare The Wolf to crash any mission I'm in. *I don't even have any riven mods yet* (ok I do... But not for any of the weapons I use. BTW- WTS Attica riv, pmo....)

Don't lose the battle before it's been fought, Tennos! Prepare yourselves!

3 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

And you didn't have a Kavat modded for Sharpened Claws with you, right?

If so, that's good news for everyone that has to or needs to deal with Wolf Boy.

I don't use beasts. I always use my Carrier or Helios.