Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I get equinox prime or Nova prime?

Anshdrop5

I wanna get a new prime Warframe and I am interested in these both as equinox prime releases today and Nova prime is interesting.

I wanna know who can survive high lvl enemies such as ESO and sorties?

I also wanna know who has higher damage and can delete lvl 100 enemies in a click!

I wanna also know who is more fun!

Image result for why not both

tbh both ave different play styles and i would suggest to just look them up. i will say equinox just dropped today to she will be overpriced for a bit. just get nova till she drops in plat via trade. if anything you can buy/build both of their none primes and check them out as well.

I have 1200 platinum

Don't worry about plat

4 minutes ago, Noble_One said:

. i will say equinox just dropped today to she will be overpriced for a bit. just get nova till she drops in plat via trade. 

Who is better????????

Edited by Anshdrop5

Nova is more useful for a larger variety of missions and for support. She works well almost anywhere.

Equinox is better for certain niches, so you would take her if you enjoy certain kinds of content like ESO or Stealth Focus Farm.

They have their uses but if you only want one of them I would recommend Nova.

18 minutes ago, Anshdrop5 said:

I wanna get a new prime Warframe and I am interested in these both as equinox prime releases today and Nova prime is interesting.

I also wanna know who has higher damage and can delete lvl 100 enemies in a click!

Before any of that, did you try the normal variants of them first? Primes are identical with the exception of some stats and fashion frame.

• Like 1

The thing is, neither's 'better'.

Nova's abilities are focused on big damage with some light support elements.

Equinox is a combat support Warframe who can amplify almost any aspect.

Nova can teleport, slow enemies, render them significantly more vulnerable, tank with a specific loadout and throw a s*** load of damage in whatever direction she chooses.

Equinox can produce a big damage wave, a healing wave, CC enemies and render them more vulnerable to damage (similar to Nova).

1 hour ago, Airwolfen said:

If you wanna one click then Equinox is what you want. Simple as that.

Nova is versatile but getting the most out of her requires more from the user.

1 hour ago, FlyingDice said:

Nova is a more versatile frame and arguably better. If you want to be a lazy press-4-frame nuker until Equinox gets nerfed, get her.

Citation needed.

2 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

Nova is more useful for a larger variety of missions and for support. She works well almost anywhere.

Equinox is better for certain niches, so you would take her if you enjoy certain kinds of content like ESO or Stealth Focus Farm.

They have their uses but if you only want one of them I would recommend Nova.

This.

Nova does quite well on almost any mission. You need to optimize the settings on the missions though. For example, on defense mission Nova should set her Molecular Prime to not reduce the enemy speed(non-Infested) or fully increse the enemy speed(against Infested, unless the level is too high), but on the most other missions reducing the enemy speed would be better.

And, unless you set her duration high and keep her Null Star active(by use Molecular Fission augment) she is fragile, so you need to be careful. That is the only survival kit for her. Although Molecular Prime's slow effect makes her survives better.

Equinox can mimic Nova's trait that reduce/increase the enemy speed, and is a good low-level cleaner. She have some tools but anyway that's not so versatile.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

The only way you can find out is to level both of the regular versions and play them pretty extensively yourself.  They’re both endgame powerhouses that are very versatile.  It really depends, in order of importance, on what you want to do, , skill, your play style, and your equipment.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anshdrop5 said:

I run the way of Vazarin (endurance comps) Equinox has a fun immunity comp with trickery and rolling guard duality that I am working on for arbitrations (really nice skillful comp very hard though) and nova has inate 90% damage reduction + slows... so you pick (from an endurance perspective).

How about... instead of "which one is better" you go and get both od the normal variants and potato and forma both and learn how each one works, THEN spend your plat on a frame that you could easily just farm for free. Cos that's kinda how the game works?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

If you wanna one click then Equinox is what you want. Simple as that.

Nova is versatile but getting the most out of her requires more from the user.

Pfft as if you wolf in the air,

go howl with the other wolf and maybe he will actually drop that hammer. 

For OP:

Equinox requires a lot more presence, activity, build craft and Co ordination as a player (some would say skill) than nova but can provide multiple playstyles like tanking, sleep CC, slow CC, uncapped but slightly less reliable nuking, low to mid dps capability , shield regen, burst healing, burst single weapon damage output, increase enemy damage susceptibility,

but she can do at most 3 of these well and others just barely. 

While nova requires a lot less active involvement, she provides a more consistent playstyle, a little less reliable tanking, more reliable but capped nuking, more reliable slow CC, and one of the best traversal abilities in the game. 

Major reason to use equinox: the sheer versatility to do pretty much any role, 

Reason to not use Equinox : if you only want to do one single role then there will be frames that can do it much better. 

Major reason to use Nova: can do the most essential roles of tanking, nuking, CC very well. 

Major reason to not use nova : no direct support/buff option for squad outside of traversal. 

My personal choice : Equinox. 

3 hours ago, Zilchy said:

How about... instead of "which one is better" you go and get both od the normal variants and potato and forma both and learn how each one works, THEN spend your plat on a frame that you could easily just farm for free. Cos that's kinda how the game works?

Too much time consuming.

3 hours ago, Zilchy said:

It doesn't make sense at all now to tell people to get vanilla Equinox and waste potato and forma when her Prime can be easily farmed compared to vanilla. Even buying her prime parts has to end up cheaper than buying the vanilla frame from market.

8 hours ago, Anshdrop5 said:

I have 1200 platinum

Don't worry about plat

Who is better????????

If we're talking pure killing power, equinox is better. But Nova speed builds are great for farming and Nova slow builds are amazing cc. Really depends what play style and content you enjoy.

I'd say Equinox has the higher survivability thanks to Mend, but both frames can easily be one shot at higher levels. however, they also both have large energy Pools with primed Flow, so Quick Thinking really benefits them.

I wouldn't say either can do it "in a click", thankfully those days are gone, but both have high damage potential with their powers: Equinox's Maim can clear entire rooms with the right build, and is a frequent sight in ESO. Nova has Antimatter Drop, which is extremely powerful when combined with a strong weapon to unload in it, and creates a huge explosion, which is rather fun. both of them are high damage frames, don't let anyone say otherwise.

that's completely subjective of course, though I would say that Equinox requires a more complex playstyle, and if you like that, you'll love Equinox. I would however recommend getting Nova Prime, I have a lot more hours with her and understand her far better, and she's also Vaulted, whereas you'll have plenty of time to farm for or purchase Equinox Prime as she's only just been released. this is just my personal opinion though, I know there are some out there that prefer Equinox to Nova, and that's totally fine. I like both but just happen to be more experienced with Nova.