Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE did it again.

Altagraive

The last time they have unvaulted edo prime armor set it didn't contain Kazeru prime sugatra.

But now it does.

So if I want to get Kazeru I have to buy the entire thing again and have a duplicate armor set because screw me for supporting this game.

Last time it took some big youtuber for them to stop with the dupes thing, but now that the dust has settled they're back at it?

I mean sure it's just a cosmetic and all that, but if it didn't matter, it wouldn't be sold.

Yea I'm salty, tell me where I am wrong.

• Like 20

Last time with Jim Sterling wast about that at all. It was about DE not doing accessories packs and selling all those cosmetics with frames only.

But i get what you're trying to say and it is kind of careless of DE to do so, i guess reasoning behind is that sugatras aint that popular in general, but armor, especially Edo Prime is popular.

Edited by Sormaran
  • Like 2

Most sugatras clip or just don't function properly with 90% of weapons because their placement location is static and isn't adjusted for the holster style aka the way they are placed on the top of the zaw polearm handle and sagging down when using the across the waist Holster. Looks bad and needs to be adjusted

48 minutes ago, Altagraive said:

People didn't want to buy the entire PA again, that's where.

It's now broken up into the "Frame", and the accompanying "accessories".

If you want to blame somebody, blame the community. DE asked the community how this should look.

The mentioned youtubers follow up video:

Additionally, selling a literal dangley nothing gets you into this territory:

3e9ef461-c6a7-49dd-87fyjcw.png

• Like 4

Oh boy, you're mad that a prime accessory unvaulted pack, which never used to be a thing until we asked for it, has a new piece that you want! DE SURE DID IT AGAIN. 
That little piece of melee accessory that no one will look at, or care about. 

GG DE. 

Gottah sell EVERY piece of the unvaulted things SEPARATELY NOW or else people gonna lose their minds. 

better stop supporting the game cause of SUGATRA 

Edited by Vesiga
  • Like 4

I agree kind of. They should always just sell the original packs and not switch it up. Makes no sense at all to switch it up to then later releasing the OG packages. I had this issue with the Frost/Loki Package before.

16 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

Gottah sell EVERY piece of the unvaulted things SEPARATELY

That would be the most consumer-friendly approach, yes.

Exploitative Marketing 101:

1. Make a bundle.

2. Put a thing people want in it.

3. Pad it out with a bunch of things nobody cares about, allowing you to effectively charge more for that one thing.

4. Profit!

• Like 9

I do partially agree with this, 

Having a choice to get the individual thing would be nice,

remove whatever arbitrary discount is placed on the bundle, it's fine if I have to pay half (maybe closer to a quarter) the price of the entire bundle for that one thing which I want. 

As long as the sum of all parts involved is more than the cost of the bundle it should not affect sales. 

I would be more inclined to spend 20$ on one thing than 100$ on 10 things of which 8 I don't want. 

The accessory pack was a step in the right direction, they need to take a few more. 

I don't particularly care about the sugatra personally though. 

It does seem like DE don't seem to understand the issue with the packs...
Because they seem to just do the same thing over and over, I would also like to get the Kazeru Prime, but I bought Edo Prime last round... Soooooo yeah... Guess I'll just keep my money...

Edited by Carnage2K4

Don't forget your getting a Noggle, glyphs, and platinum. 

The Volt pack definitely needs more, I already purchased it.. 

There is no redemption here. 

Add the Prime archwing weapons that are long overdue also. Give Frost and Mag their own dedicated cosmetics and stop flopping the sets around. 

• Like 2

It's actually a valid point. Once you put a PA in a bundle it should stay with that specific combination only.

6 hours ago, Valiant said:

I'm sorry what's the issue again? You now want them to have separate accessories to choose from? 

Don't think there's a problem for not willing to pay for the same specific item twice in order to get something else. Especially when the duplicated item has practically zero value.

Edited by Marvelous_A

It would be nice if the vaulting was more -A La Carte but maybe also included bundles at a slight discount. 

I mean yeah they are going to miss out on the people who will buy the full bundle just for the one non dupe BUT they are likely to pick up a bunch of people buying the non dupe on it's own who would otherwise pass on the whole thing. 

Maybe even handle it more like Baro where during the unvaulting you don't so much buy the items but you can buy a persistent currency. That can be used to buy the items that people want and whatever is unused can be forwarded to the next unvaulting phase. That way they still get people buying a bit more than they need/want "now" but with the understanding that it can be used for something they want later. 

Edited by Oreades

My  point is this is blatantly deliberate, this sugatra should have been included in edo unvault by default back in the first unvaulting.

They do know that there is small number of people like me that care about sugatras and want them.

I called it last year, I knew this is going to happen, but I still had hope they will either repackage sugatra with something else, but there we are.

I don't think players would mind it as much if the plat that came with the pack was more in the "discounted plat" feel.

It's $5.00 USD for 70p, so $19.99 USD would be 280p. If the pack just gave like 300p with the accessories, I think people wouldn't care as much about duplicative accessories.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

50732271_2178095072253994_57871572395045

It's 75p for 5 bucks 。◕‿◕。

Oh dang, well 350-400 range then. As it stands for me, I have bills and vacations to save up for. I want pretty armor in a game, but I don't care about the platinum. $20 for some armor and less plat than the value just can't be justified for me as an adult gamer. I have the money, but there are things I can spend it on that provide more value like a full tank of gas, buying the wife dinner or something nice. If it was more plat, or maybe just $5 bucks for just the accessories I could do that all day long for every PA. The market here could definitely be expanded to bring in more profit.

10 hours ago, Altagraive said:

The last time they have unvaulted edo prime armor set it didn't contain Kazeru prime sugatra.

But now it does.

So if I want to get Kazeru I have to buy the entire thing again and have a duplicate armor set because screw me for supporting this game.

Last time it took some big youtuber for them to stop with the dupes thing, but now that the dust has settled they're back at it?

I mean sure it's just a cosmetic and all that, but if it didn't matter, it wouldn't be sold.

over a cosmetic? it doesn't matter. thats where you're wrong.  If you are buying this stuff to support them, who cares if you have duplicates of stuff? So you're wrong there too - you are buying to to have the items, not to support them.

And getting salty over something completely optional? yeah you're wrong there too.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Repeatedly? You're cute. 

You're amnesiac, by the looks of it:

1 hour ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

This has been bothering since I first laid eyes on this topic:

Reveal hidden contents

It's giveth.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:
8 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

better?

No. There's still a space.

So yes, repeatedly.