Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wolf's buddies

I have no problem if in a squad the wolf spawns but, when I'm solo just doing a run in adaro with the ultimate non tank banshee, the fugitives just get on my nerves, while I'm concentrating on the wolf the fugitives just run all over the place and it feels  like a mess, do we really like the fugitives spawning with the wolf when we are solo? Any thoughts if solo should spawn the wolf alone? 

8 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

But I have no reason for him to spawn now that I have managed to get his last bit I needed, I've already got the mask and now I've got all the parts for the hammer I literally have zero reason to even care about the wolf... he doesn't even have a random chance of a riven or anything in his drop table.   I doubt I'm the only one with this viewpoint.  That's ignoring the people that just leave if he turns up (had that in my last mission with him)

Admittedly I do want him to see him some more times so I can try and get parts for some clan mates who have hardly even seen him (seriously this lack of visits from him needs to be fixed) but if it wasn't for me wanting to help my clan mates I couldn't care less about him now. 

18 minutes ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

I have no problem if in a squad the wolf spawns but, when I'm solo just doing a run in adaro with the ultimate non tank banshee, the fugitives just get on my nerves, while I'm concentrating on the wolf the fugitives just run all over the place and it feels  like a mess, do we really like the fugitives spawning with the wolf when we are solo? Any thoughts if solo should spawn the wolf alone? 

Honestly unless he spawns at higher ranks he's pretty quick to dispatch in solo (if you've got the right gear), also pretty sure the fugitives will be able to be cc'd by banshee's silence...

Edited by LSG501

11 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Why stop at removing the Wolf's pack when we can just remove the Wolf altogether?

Plus One !!! :)

4 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Theres a difference between fear and Annoyed.... guess which one Wolf and his Alloy Health Bar falls into ? 

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

But I have no reason for him to spawn now that I have managed to get his last bit I needed, I've already got the mask and now I've got all the parts for the hammer I literally have zero reason to even care about the wolf... he doesn't even have a random chance of a riven or anything in his drop table.   I doubt I'm the only one with this viewpoint.  That's ignoring the people that just leave if he turns up (had that in my last mission with him)

I didn't want anything to do with him even before I got his Hammer.... thats how bad he was designed. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

I have no problem if in a squad the wolf spawns but, when I'm solo ...

Any thoughts if solo should spawn the wolf alone? 

Yes. It proves how good a player is when they are solo, especially high level. lol

6 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

But I have no reason for him to spawn now that I have managed to get his last bit I needed, I've already got the mask and now I've got all the parts for the hammer I literally have zero reason to even care about the wolf...

I have all his stuffs long ago, but still interested in fighting him for the 2 rarer weapon drop, so I can sell them. 

Edited by kyori

10 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Admittedly I do want him to see him some more times so I can try and get parts for some clan mates who have hardly even seen him (seriously this lack of visits from him needs to be fixed) but if it wasn't for me wanting to help my clan mates I couldn't care less about him now. 

Honestly unless he spawns at higher ranks he's pretty quick to dispatch in solo (if you've got the right gear), also pretty sure the fugitives will be able to be cc'd by banshee's silence...

How do you remove his armor lately LSG501, now that he is also immune to Sundering Dash in addition to of course warframe abilities and status? Does the Kavat Shredding Claws and Shattering Impact still work?

5 minutes ago, Urlan said:

How do you remove his armor lately LSG501, now that he is also immune to Sundering Dash in addition to of course warframe abilities and status? Does the Kavat Shredding Claws and Shattering Impact still work?

It does.  I do it all the time.

He goes down in -minutes-, flat.

Also, and I don't understand why noone is posting about this.. . If anyone actually LISTENS to the story...he's now got Sentient "blood", more or less.  And guess what the last few story missions gave us...?

Weapons and mods that give us bonuses against SENTIENTS!

Thus why my Paracesis can hit him for 30k a slash with his armor ON.

I don't mean to sound condescending but he's really not impossible to kill.  I know not everyone is that far along, but for people talking about [spoiler mode], they should be plenty well-equipped  to deal with the issue.

Eh. My "Winona" (Catchmoon) deals with him easy enough up to level 30. Above that, I just bring a tank frame like Hildryn or Inaros and my Wolf Buster Sword (read: radiation crit Gram Prime).

Every time he shows up, I draw my Wolf Buster, and yell things like: "Alright, Wolfy, let's dance," "Bring it, Fluffy," and "Come, Grineer. Show me what passes for fury among your misbegotten kind!" I then charge in sword first and red crit him repeatedly until he buggers of. Takes 15, 30 seconds tops. Still doesn't get old for me.

As for his buddies? They're spectators.

Edited by KnossosTNC

21 minutes ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Players whining because game is too easy.
Player whining because one thing in the game is not too easy.

Assuming those are the same two sets of players and not two different groups who don't care what the other wants as long as they get what they want.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Urlan:

there is ZERO need to remove his armour, take the paracesis with you (umbra build of course)

take a potent radiation crit gun with you

put the velocitus in your Heavy Weapon loadout slot

18 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Honestly nothing special since DE basically made him immune to pretty much 'everything' lol.

Last one I just used valkyr prime (rad crit including sacrifical stee which is +33% damage to sentients), prior to that it's usually been titania (dex pixia rad build) and then it's just a case of mashing the right button.  I'd assume excal would work just as well.  Usually under 5 mins on hydron with wolfie at level 70, even without others being fully equipped, still far too long imo though. 

Never used the kavat approach because the few times I tried the AI was completely useless and ignored the wolf. 

On the few runs I've had him in solo it was fairly easy as he's a lot lower level and you can just use a crit rad weapon of choice.

Edited by LSG501

2 hours ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Any thoughts if solo should spawn the wolf alone? 

you know, It seems so long ago, but there was a time when game developers didn't throw hordes of adds at you in a boss fight. it was a 1v1, or if you were online, a group of players vs one big bad, classic MMO style. if you died, you died to the boss, most likely of your own fault ( and sometimes a glitch). it was a better time IMO.

nowadays every boss in most games is just a bullet Sponge surrounded by a few dozen of the same cannon fodder you've already killed dozens of just to reach the boss. I hate adds. they're annoying and how am i supposed to appreciate a unique boss (if they even are, which they usually aren't nowadays) if I'm fighting a large crowd while simultaneously watching for the boss' attacks? usually it's to cover up poor/lazy boss design, Destiny and Anthem do an absolute shishton of this. i's probably one reason why people took to the Soulsborne Games so much: no adds there, just you and a difficult boss, neither having backup of any sort.

so yeah, he should spawn alone, like Stalker, Zanuka and G3 (G3 might be a trio, but they've no adds). no reason a big bad Grineer version of Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane wielding a big f-off hammer should be hiding behind a few escaped convict wimps with molotovs and stolen weapons. hopefully he'll get a proper fight or become a full Assassin, get a rework of some kind and become a fun boss! hopefully..

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

40 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

you know, It seems so long ago, but there was a time when game developers didn't throw hordes of adds at you in a boss fight. it was a 1v1, or if you were online, a group of players vs one big bad, classic MMO style. if you died, you died to the boss, most likely of your own fault ( and sometimes a glitch). it was a better time IMO.

nowadays every boss in most games is just a bullet Sponge surrounded by a few dozen of the same cannon fodder you've already killed dozens of just to reach the boss. I hate adds. they're annoying and how am i supposed to appreciate a unique boss (if they even are, which they usually aren't nowadays) if I'm fighting a large crowd while simultaneously watching for the boss' attacks? usually it's to cover up poor/lazy boss design, Destiny and Anthem do an absolute shishton of this. i's probably one reason why people took to the Soulsborne Games so much: no adds there, just you and a difficult boss, neither having backup of any sort.

so yeah, he should spawn alone, like Stalker, Zanuka and G3 (G3 might be a trio, but they've no adds). no reason a big bad Grineer version of Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane wielding a big f-off hammer should be hiding behind a few escaped convict wimps with molotovs and stolen weapons. hopefully he'll get a proper fight or become a full Assassin, get a rework of some kind and become a fun boss! hopefully..

It feels like if you take a squishy frame solo, the fugitives don't add anything to the fight but a false difficulty, and clutter the fight itself and let's face it you will die or take allot of time killing him for a molten impact (banshee adaro focus run 🙃). I've beaten him many times solo and in a squad using frames and weapons that i like but this addition to the wolf spawn is lazy not original and is meant not to challenge our skill but our patience.

Edited by (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Eh. My "Winona" (Catchmoon) deals with him easy enough up to level 30. Above that, I just bring a tank frame like Hildryn or Inaros and my Wolf Buster Sword (read: radiation crit Gram Prime).

Every time he shows up, I draw my Wolf Buster, and yell things like: "Alright, Wolfy, let's dance," "Bring it, Fluffy," and "Come, Grineer. Show me what passes for fury among your misbegotten kind!" I then charge in sword first and red crit him repeatedly until he buggers of. Takes 15, 30 seconds tops. Still doesn't get old for me.

As for his buddies? They're spectators.

I love this 😄 This is how I play warframe as well lol. My Rubico is my wolf buster instead of melee but I have been known to howl back at him 😄

Edited by Zilchy

11 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

I love this 😄 This is how I play warframe as well lol. My Rubico is my wolf buster instead of melee but I have been known to howl back at him 😄

Here you are again... ahahah  the headshots deal -25% less on him. Just bring a crit radiation melee weapon and you can kill in less than 30 seconds(at level 70). With chroma you can do that in 5 seconds. If you have a riven for the paracesys even less(but i haven't tried this)...

Edited by bibmobello

13 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Here you are again... ahahah  the headshots deal -25% less on him. Just bring a crit radiation melee weapon and you can kill in less than 30 seconds(at level 70). With chroma you can do that in 5 seconds. If you have a riven for the paracesys even less(but i haven't tried this)...

I meant that I love that he basically taunts the wolf and makes war quotes before killing him lol.

Sucks that headshots are less btw cos my instincts are to aim for the head 😕

I i haven't tried paracesis on him yet either.

9 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

I meant that I love that he basically taunts the wolf and makes war quotes before killing him lol.

Sucks that headshots are less btw cos my instincts are to aim for the head 😕

I i haven't tried paracesis on him yet either.

Paracesis is great, and I've not even got a riven for it.  I do 30-40k PER HIT and that's WHEN he has armor, still.  Charge and Slide attacks once armor is off?  Forget about it... he's toast. 

Especially when face tanking with Inaros or Wukong, etc.

I've seen Valkyr's gank him in seconds, lol.   

But yeah, I just have fun with it.  So many people take it so seriously, and try to optimize everything.  I agree, to each their own...but really, it's a game just relax a bit xD

I think the reason he has his convicts, difficulty aside, was thematic.  If you watch the story, it TELLS you, he started solo (he was), then he went back to save his "pack", which he brings with him, then he evolved into the semi-sentient beast he is now. 

It's like peeps ignore all character and just focus on numbers 😕

I do agree the convicts can get in the way but...that's kinda their point 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Paracesis is great, and I've not even got a riven for it.  I do 30-40k PER HIT and that's WHEN he has armor, still.  Charge and Slide attacks once armor is off?  Forget about it... he's toast. 

Especially when face tanking with Inaros or Wukong, etc.

I've seen Valkyr's gank him in seconds, lol.   

But yeah, I just have fun with it.  So many people take it so seriously, and try to optimize everything.  I agree, to each their own...but really, it's a game just relax a bit xD

I think the reason he has his convicts, difficulty aside, was thematic.  If you watch the story, it TELLS you, he started solo (he was), then he went back to save his "pack", which he brings with him, then he evolved into the semi-sentient beast he is now. 

It's like peeps ignore all character and just focus on numbers 😕

I do agree the convicts can get in the way but...that's kinda their point 

I one shot him the other day with rubico, I kinda felt sorry for him. I was doing a low level sabotage for Nightwave but I'd been too lazy to change frames after a Profit Taker run so itty bitty level 25 Wolf ran into a max vex buff Chroma holding an eidolon killer and got snapped by 1 bullet. 😄

I actually think he's weaker since his "upgrade", he does more damage but he sacrificed some armour for it. That's definitely why he has his convicts, my only question is just how many convicts escaped the jail? I've killed a few hundred by now. I think we just capture the same 3, stick em back in the jail and then they break out again.

Edited by Zilchy

2 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

I one shot him the other day with rubico, I kinda felt sorry for him. I was doing a low level sabotage for Nightwave but I'd been too lazy to change frames after a Profit Taker run so itty bitty level 25 Wolf ran into a max vex buff Chroma holding an eidolon killer and got snapped by 1 bullet. 😄

I actually think he's weaker since his "upgrade", he does more damage but he sacrificed some armour for it. That's definitely why he has his convicts, my only question is just how many convicts escaped the jail? I've killed a few hundred by now. I think we just capture the same 3, stick em back in the jail and then they break out again.

Maybe he keeps breaking them out? xD lol

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Maybe he keeps breaking them out? xD lol

Probably lol. Or they got sick of patching the hole in the jail. Either way I farmed Wolf for all the parts and the mask and now because it doesn't matter as much, Wolf invades, howls at me, I howl back and then we do battle 😄

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

run skijati x2 trickeries with savage silence. once invis unload on wolf.

- Banshee main since 2013

Edited by Midas