Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old wall running animation may come back soon with video proof

Marvelous_A

I unintentionally found out that when you attempt to wall-latch with only melee weapon you will trigger a special wall running animation (which I'm pretty sure is a glitch). Is it one of the upcoming changes coz we knew Steve doesn't like the current wall-hopping animation?

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 5

I would like to have both? I find I really like the wall hop..

I've played with both over the years and instead of getting rid of one for the other why not a option in a arcane or a mod change to Mobilize and give the player a choice?...Honor Geoff's work and leave in the wall hop or add the wall run in some capacity if they stick with the Wall Hop instead...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

58 minutes ago, Midas said:

I hope this never returns, I hated it.

Ideally wall running returns without all the stick.

I mean, ultimately the bounce and the run are mechanically no different, people just prefer the run to the hop.

Meanwhile I wonder what's the bloody point as long as every wall has some kind of support strut every 5 meters.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

6 hours ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

Ideally wall running returns without all the stick.

I mean, ultimately the bounce and the run are mechanically no different, people just prefer the run to the hop.

Meanwhile I wonder what's the bloody point as long as every wall has some kind of support strut every 5 meters.

I had trouble exiting it when you accidentally initiated it. It was beyond annoying haha.

6 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I would like to have both? I find I really like the wall hop..

I've played with both over the years and instead of getting rid of one for the other why not a option in a arcane or a mod change to Mobilize and give the player a choice?...Honor Geoff's work and leave in the wall hop or add the wall run in some capacity if they stick with the Wall Hop instead...

I like the hop for short durations, but a fully implemented wall run would be cool. Never played Old Frame so I’m curious.

A glitch isn't proof that something is going to happen or is being worked on.

There have however been comments from Steve about bringing back wallrunning itself but afaik nothing concrete has ever been stated or confirmed beyond that.

I'd like if it returned as the hop has always been more detrimental than anything. It was never fixed to work with any of the older tilesets as it still falls apart at the slightest bump in the wall while the old run was able to wrap around them. But either way nothing would actually change since bullet jumping is always substantially superior to any wall-based mobility.

Edited by trst

They did say they are working on it. 

It's probably one of the things they tested when they planned to launch melee 3.0 and forgot to take it out before shipping. 

You can consider it [PH] wall run animation. 

There is no info if it is just a animation change or more. 

As it just so happens, I was recently taking a trip down ol' memory lane with some of my video captures back when I first started playing, and they're chalk full of the old animations from movement 1.0.  Can't say that I deeply miss them (especially the stamina bar), but that's not to say I wouldn't mind having some of the things from them back.

I could see them doing like a mix of the current animations with the old ones.  Or maybe having them separated as different movement sets in the game's options.

16 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

I unintentionally found out that when you attempt to wall-latch with only melee weapon you will trigger a special wall running animation (which I'm pretty sure is a glitch). Is it one of the upcoming changes coz we knew Steve doesn't like the current wall-hopping animation?

I NEEDS the wall running back. No more bunny hopping ninjas....RUN NINJA RUN.

Thanks for finding this....now if we can get this permanent attached to frames while using Melee weapons in hand....