Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End of Nightwave - Life back in Warframe

Acersecomic

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Playing the game the way I've been playing the last 5 (active) years. And not once was there a lockout for something.

Except for all the event only exclusive weapons and mods, the rift sigil, arcanes locked behind Raids etc And now we also have the ephemeras.

You're gonna say well I can buy it with plat. Not everybody has that option so it's hard locked for them and ephemeras you can't. You either play the content for the rewards or you don't. 

Edited by Zilchy

14 minutes ago, Sergent-Qc said:

Mmmm ... Guess I'm the only Tenno who liked Nightwave. Sad, but what can you do ... I love playing the game !!  - NW LVL15 prestige and not stressed at all.  :satisfied:

I don't mind it. It has merits. It has flaws. It didn't affect how I play much.

I don't see anything to get worked up over.

2 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

DE, please stop... stop seasonal content, stop limited time content like this... this isn't a tactical alert or something... Nightwave is here to stay and it is stressful, frustrating, pressuring, time consuming and disrespectful towards the players. Please stop this. Do not lock stuffs exclusively behind these Seasons... You're better than this.

There's other people that like Nightwave, stop trying to spoil the fun for other people just because you personally dislike that content. Go do the stuff you do enjoy and let other people have fun. The game is big enough for everyone, not 100% of the game needs to be tailor made for your tastes, this is just selfish. 

Just don't do it. Conclave is there and I don't feel pressured to partake in it, I just don't do it. Same for other pve content I dislike, I leave it be. 

Edited by --END--Rikutatis

some “nightwave is too grindy! pls stop! im burned out by this! no fun at all!”

other “haha im here enjoyed nightwave dont blame us. you dont have to do all acts. if you hate, just leave :)”

many people are complaining each other, but you should be kind for other opinions. 

im sure all hating or defending people have love for warframe.

me? oh i really hate nightwave and i cant understand defend it idk

Fin you cannot be bothered to spend an hour a week to get the reward items, then don’t bother doing it.

Seriously, I’ve spent 10 - 50 times the amount of time grinding for Khora.  The first full content in game that is zero RNG, and so many people act like they have to treat it as a job.  I wish I only had to work a few hours a week.

1 hour ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

Umbra forma is definitely game changing. 

Still waiting for you to tell me which frame is "game changing" to have umbra forma on. And by the way if you say Chroma I'm gonna laugh even harder. Could it be infact that you're blindly following the other sheep and spouting something you heard without any hard evidence to back it up? Umbra forma is so game changing I haven't even used mine yet. It's a minescule amount of power creep and nothing more. Now Aura forma on the other hand, THAT is game changing.

Just now, (PS4)dennezu0424 said:

many people are complaining each other, but you should be kind for other opinions. 

im sure all hating or defending people have love for warframe.

You see, the issue is that I'm just really tired of all the whining and entitlement on the forums. In the beginning I tried to be as considerate as possible about other people's feelings towards Nightwave, I used the proper feedback megathread to make suggestions that were as compromising as possible for both sides. If the OP was giving constructive feedback on how to improve Nightwave for more people, I'd be fine with it. But he's just whining and and saying DE is disrespectful by releasing free content for people to play, no strings attached. That is just plain stupid. In the meantime some of the best aspects I enjoyed about Nightwave which were the endurance challenges were completely nerfed and practically removed from the game because of this same whining I see on the forums. I'm just done with this nonsense. 

1 minute ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

You see, the issue is that I'm just really tired of all the whining and entitlement on the forums. In the beginning I tried to be as considerate as possible about other people's feelings towards Nightwave, I used the proper feedback megathread to make suggestions that were as compromising as possible for both sides. If the OP was giving constructive feedback on how to improve Nightwave for more people, I'd be fine with it. But he's just whining and and saying DE is disrespectful by releasing free content for people to play, no strings attached. That is just plain stupid. In the meantime some of the best aspects I enjoyed about Nightwave which were the endurance challenges were completely nerfed and practically removed from the game because of this same whining I see on the forums. I'm just done with this nonsense. 

Amen brother, me too.

2 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

Nightwave is ending, no more stress, no more being afraid I won't make it to the armor set and umbral forma... I managed to get it... barely...

GOODBYE NIGHTWAVE, I HOPE YOU GET CANCELED!

And you know what? Now  that Nightwave is behind me I am finaly enjoying Warframe again. I went out and farmed for materials, bought components, built stuff, goofed around, traded and earned some plat... I feel like everything's ok again. I am playing Warframe for the sake of playing and having fun again. I'm having fun again.

And then... Season 2 is looming around the corner -.-
DE, please stop... stop seasonal content, stop limited time content like this... this isn't a tactical alert or something... Nightwave is here to stay and it is stressful, frustrating, pressuring, time consuming and disrespectful towards the players. Please stop this. Do not lock stuffs exclusively behind these Seasons... You're better than this.

While i agree it's clunky and tedious, I've passively gotten to prestige ~10 (i cant remember right now). I'm not even trying to do it anymore after 30 and i got 10 levels anyway on SWITCH and PC. Thats me just happening to complete daily and weekly missions without actively working towards them.

Over the course of the nightwave i probably could have half assed it and still gotten the 30. I play a lot on weekends, but during the week i work and play a lot less (the time varies).

I know where you're coming from. I freaked out when the profit taker one appeared and i was only halfway thru Solaris United rep progression. I also freaked out and tried to crunch time a few Sundays to get as many missions complete as possible. It felt awful, but now i realize i was being ridiculous.

To be honest, i thought this post was satirical but i realized you were serious. Like holy crap, I'm sorry you got hit by FOMO but live and learn. Next time around you know you dont have to rush everything.

At this point, it's very hard not to admit that any stress or burnout from nightwave is self-inflicted. You can't argue that you "must" work yourself to the bone to get that umbra forma or whatever, because you can demonstrably get rank 30 at a casual, self-directed pace. Lots of people have literally done it. They practically make up half the comments in this thread. Honestly, if anything all of this just serves as a reminder for why every other syndicate in this game has daily standing limits. Otherwise you'd have people complaining about how the game is not fun anymore because they spend 10 hours every day fishing or mining or afk farming ESO.

Pretty sure it was Sid Meier who said that the goal of game design is to protect players from themselves.

48 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Still waiting for you to tell me which frame is "game changing" to have umbra forma on.

Maybe Valkyr?

I mean I know Val benifits from Armor and Health, and almost nobody dislikes Ability Strength.

But I agree it isn't that big of a changer, at least not until more Umbral mods start showing up, assuming that happens in the first place.

I personally didin't feel any pressure or felt forced to do something. If there was an act i didn't want to do ... i didn't do it (for example, fighting the profit taker), yet i am beyond rank 30.

If i feel a burnout, i play other games or do other stuff. 

3 часа назад, McGoodGreen сказал:

Nightwave really was not that hard.

NOONE SAYS IT WAS HARD ITS WAS TEDIOUS AF AND BORING.

Jesus you people.

Цитата

I mean I know Val benifits from Armor and Health, 

Yeah that is so game changing for warframe that spends at the very least 90% of its time being invincible.

Edited by -Temp0-
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

I'm actually quite curious as to how people have been ranking up post 30, and what their playstyles have been like. It would make for some interesting data as to how easy/hard it is to go at Nightwave passively. 

I hit 30 about 4/5 weeks ago maybe, now I do the challenges that I can fit along with my kuva farms, relic runs or whatever I was planning for the session. If I was gonna do it anyway or feel like adding it in (eh, haven't been fishing in a while, let's go, etc) I do.  I also help players who need standing when it comes up. Otherwise I ignore. I'm probably prestige 10 by now, haven't looked in a while.

I do wish I had skipped more of the annoying challenges earlier on, was in a hurry; fomo and all that.

44 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

NOONE SAYS IT WAS HARD ITS WAS TEDIOUS AF AND BORING.

Jesus you people.

The challenges are literally things you do in the game already. Simply tweaking your element, or doing 3 of one of the existing missions, or even making a weapon stronger with forma, are all aspects of the game. Some people might find fishing tedious, others find it relaxing, and it blows by in a matter of minutes regardless of your opinion on it. 

Not every challenge is going to be everyones cup of tea. But nothing, no event, no tactical alert, no mission, is everyones cup of tea. To reap the most of Nightwave you need to tackle all aspects of Warframes challenges. Honestly, there isn't anything wrong with that. Warframe is not a spy simulator, or a defense simulator, or a fishing simulator. Warframe is a game about one overpowered person, going everywhere in the system where they are most needed. There is beauty in Warframe in that, you can spend hours doing whatever specific mission you want, but I find it perfectly reasonable game play to get the best rewards for doing a chunk of everything. If a few challenges are not your cup of tea, good news...you can get all the rewards without doing every challenge. It was stated by the Dev's, and proven by the players. 

If you find Nightwave tedious, you find Warframe tedious. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

Nightwave is ending, no more stress, no more being afraid I won't make it to the armor set and umbral forma... I managed to get it... barely...

And you know what? Now  that Nightwave is behind me I am finaly enjoying Warframe again. I went out and farmed for materials, bought components, built stuff, goofed around, traded and earned some plat... I feel like everything's ok again. I am playing Warframe for the sake of playing and having fun again. I'm having fun again.

I thought nightwave was great. And I thought people were just whining. At first. As soon as I finally got my armor set and umbrella forma I immediately stopped caring about it.

I'm still salty that I did 2 of the hour long "with friends" challenges, didn't get credit for doing them, AND when I sent a ticket to support they said they couldn't see that I had done it... God if you're gonna make a challenge take that long it should at least not be broken.  The only reward I really cared about was the umbral forma and I can't believe how long it took to get it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

NIGHTWAVE IS NOT ENDING...

ONLY WOLF OF SATURN SIX...

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

1 hour ago, McGoodGreen said:

If you find Nightwave tedious, you find Warframe tedious. 

I find its time-limited and sheduled nature cancerous (not a slur, I literaly thing it to be a desease that will cause rot) and troublesome, disrespectful of peoples circumstances and time.
It is content some can't have. "Look we made this thing, you can't have it." for some people.

I GREATLY ENJOY WARFRAME. But since Nightwave I haven't enjoyed a second of it. And imagine that, like magic, Season 1 ended and I somehow, would you look at that, found enjoyment in playing the game because I felt like I am finaly again doing things because I can, not because I must if I want something.

I'd rather grind the Fissures for 12 hours straight for a week and buy what rewards I want from the Nightwave than do Nightwave, because with Nightwave I have a quota, an obligation.

3 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Except for all the event only exclusive weapons and mods, the rift sigil, arcanes locked behind Raids etc And now we also have the ephemeras.

Events are events, they run for a short little while, include 1 weapon and a sigil. They are called events for a reason. Sigils are minimalistic cosmetics just to give participants some legacy content.
Arcanes were behind raids but guess what, they're behind Eidolons now. You know what the difference between those and Nightwave is? Raids and Eidolons don't go away. Well... raids did, but cuzz they were extremely marginal and broken. What happened to arcanes? They got moved. Sigils are no longer aquirable but again they're minimalistic cosmetic content as legacy for those who ran it. I always have the option to go out there in the night and hunt an Eidolon. There's no timer ticking anywhere. I can go and do it. People could do the same with Raids.

YOU CAN'T DO THAT WITH NIGHTWAVE.

Edited by Acersecomic
  • Like 1