The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #128: Date Announce

[DE]Rebecca

Any news:

• The Future of Public Chat Moderation in Warframe in further detail..
  • The Endorsement System Replacing the Guides of the Lotus Program.
  • When is the Official Warframe Discord server getting out of the Soft Launch Phase? It's been over a month since the server went live.
  • Kingpin system;
  • Any plans to make the clan system have more purpose other than Research and Railjack?
  • Stalker Mode News?
  • Any other potential sustainable endgame content plans like making Sanctuary onslaught more possible to get past zone 8 and be more rewarding as a game mode, Arbitration changes, etc.
  • Any Melee 3.0 Phase 2 News?
  • Are there still plans of a Scythe Rework? Last mentioned back in Devstream #109 .
  • The 2 Missing Kitgun grips seen in Devstream #117  & Primary Kitguns
  • The Return of Trials (AKA Raids) and how are they going to be like?
  • More New Player Experience Changes.

What about: 

• System changes & reworks that would be nice
    • Utilize the syndicates more like making the daily syndicate themselves and their daily missions more rewarding and intriguing. Syndicate Armour sets and more syndicate weapons would be nice too..
    • Since ephemeras are meant to be achievement based we should have them be rewarded to tenno by fulfilling certain tasks like for example getting max rank in a syndicate, Completing certain quests, completing all lua tests, having one earned from mastery every 3 tests, etc.

• Warframe Changes & Reworks:
    • Equinox being able to use combined form in combat?
    • Since the addition of Secondary energy colors this has come to my mind. Are there plans for chroma to use elements like radiation, viral, corrosive, etc.?
    • Vauban Rework
    • Wukong Rework

• In-Game Quality Of Life:
    • Allowing weapon mods to be equipped on both regular weapons and sentinel weapons at the same time would be great.
    • Message of the Day of all chats like recruiting and trading but also clan and alliances to be in bold and to also reappear in chat after a set amount of time looking at the chat like every 30 minutes.to an hour.

• Clan System Quality Of Life:
    • A clan system ability to have those with ruler permissions to change the Default Clan Rank for new members joining a clan as shown in this thread.
    • Longer Message of the Day character limits would be a very welcomed change.
    • Ability to Sort members by mastery rank to highest to lowest and/or lowest to highest in the clan page.
    • A separate clan role that allows to start or pause pigment projects and have that mechanic be taken away from the tech role.
    • A clan recruiting relay

• Clan Management System ideas:
    • A place to put up rules of a clan outside of the Message of the Day system and have it be accessible in the clan page anytime.
    • Better Clan Log system to operate more like a Audit Log.
    • With influx of clan roles within the last year and a half more clan ranks would be nice to have
    • Changing color names on clan chat to easily identify someone who is a certain rank in a clan. This would only be changeable by clan warlords. A thread showing the idea linked here.
    • Instead having a fabricator role; there should be a setting to allow and not allow certain things in clan research to be replicable depending on what rank you are in a clan.

• Dojo:
    • Custom Obstacle Course increase decoration limit;
    • Decrease the resource costs of Dojo Decorations
    • Any plans for a Target Practice Room for the Dojo or to have moving targets like moving floating circles in the custom obstacle course room in the dojo?
    • Any plans on more Nature-Themed rooms and Decorations for the Dojo?
    • Changeable statues in Temple of Honor;
    • Are Infested theme decorations going to be added at some point?
    • NPCs in the Dojo to make the Dojos look more lively;
    • A Sentient Lab?
    • A Syndicate Hub Room to access all 6 main syndicates from the Dojo.

I had this written in a txt file but I've not modified it since the 17th of October. I'm going to post it and see if anything has changed.

Spoiler

Hey DE here's some questions.

Will we ever get the ability to customize our Tenno Specter apperances? Colors, helmets, syandanas, sigils armor? p.s. Revenant specters are kinda broken atm

Can we get a Radio/Somachord/Mandachord module for the K-drives to let us play music while we grind?

Has DE ever considered the idea of Tennogen for tiles? So players can make tiles and similar to regular Tennogen it's given final tweaks or critique from DE staff then submitted into the game for all players?
I think this would bring more life into Tile Sets that have been neglected for a long time. (Jupiter is my favourite tileset so I'm hyped for the remaster) Plus many players have already shown great creativity in Dojos, why restrict that to just Dojos?
If there is the desire to compensate creators I recommend taking the TF2/Valve approach and having "stamps" that give some money towards its creator for said tile. Maybe even award the players for purchasing by having a sigil or emblem tied to it.
Lastly given how a map/tile is different from viewing a helmet it might make sense to have some option to go inside and test it for both creator and players to better get a feel for it before voting.
I'm not going to assume but I remember hearing about players making their own Tiles at TennoCon.

Somewhat similar to the above question, will we ever get the option to place props/objects in Captura? I feel the tech for it is already existant enough for it to be a (relatively) easy transfer since it can be done in Dojos, however I'm no game Dev.

Is there any intention to maybe rework or redo the space skyboxs for the various planets in Warframe? I feel as though many of them seem to be quite dated. I'd assume with the upcoming additions to Venus it'd make sense from a lore perspective to add those Orokin planetary defense systems, also I'd like to mention most of the time when looking outside the Private Quarters window you are just looking out at empty space.

Similar to the prior question, is there any new Railjack concept art or work we could have the pleasure of viewing?

As is often the case in Warframe and just games in general, what used to be a bug or glitch can become a feature, many players have found out how to get on the exterior of the Orbiter and decorate the ship from the outside, I think this would be a great thing to expand upon.
Since relevent features are coming with Railjack, is there a chance we could use our Archwing to go outside our Orbiter when we're outside of missions and use it to view our Orbiter and decorate it from the outside such as placing noggles on the exterior side of windows?

Is there a specific reason why in Warframe wall latching has a set duration? I personally don't see it as game breaking for someone to latch onto a wall for 5 minutes straight (though that would be annoying if they're afking), it just seems like an outdated idea. Aim gliding I can understand as that fills in more of a "matrix slow time" sort of deal but for Wall Latching I feel there should not be any limitations.
I might even say Wall Latching could or should be made permanent. Compare it to the recent changes to Archwing, by removing a limitation (archwing deployers and making the transition instant). It actually makes a feature more fun and more used. I don't really see players wall latching and shooting while mounted on a wall. Remove the timer on wall latching and it could open more possibilities. Such as latching onto a ceiling.
In a game about being ninjas it just feels right to have that. Hiding up high on a wall or ceiling to ambush a target or just to simply avoid some gunfire.

50 minutes ago, (XB1)falconpwnch0234 said:

Any news:

• The Future of Public Chat Moderation in Warframe in further detail..
  • The Endorsement System Replacing the Guides of the Lotus Program.
  • When is the Official Warframe Discord server getting out of the Soft Launch Phase? It's been over a month since the server went live.
  • Kingpin system;
  • Any plans to make the clan system have more purpose other than Research and Railjack?
  • Stalker Mode News?
  • Any other potential sustainable endgame content plans like making Sanctuary onslaught more possible to get past zone 8 and be more rewarding as a game mode, Arbitration changes, etc.
  • Any Melee 3.0 Phase 2 News?
  • Are there still plans of a Scythe Rework? Last mentioned back in Devstream #109 .
  • The 2 Missing Kitgun grips seen in Devstream #117  & Primary Kitguns
  • The Return of Trials (AKA Raids) and how are they going to be like?
  • More New Player Experience Changes.

What about: 

• System changes & reworks that would be nice
    • Utilize the syndicates more like making the daily syndicate themselves and their daily missions more rewarding and intriguing. Syndicate Armour sets and more syndicate weapons would be nice too..
    • Since ephemeras are meant to be achievement based we should have them be rewarded to tenno by fulfilling certain tasks like for example getting max rank in a syndicate, Completing certain quests, completing all lua tests, having one earned from mastery every 3 tests, etc.

• Warframe Changes & Reworks:
    • Equinox being able to use combined form in combat?
    • Since the addition of Secondary energy colors this has come to my mind. Are there plans for chroma to use elements like radiation, viral, corrosive, etc.?
    • Vauban Rework
    • Wukong Rework

• In-Game Quality Of Life:
    • Allowing weapon mods to be equipped on both regular weapons and sentinel weapons at the same time would be great.
    • Message of the Day of all chats like recruiting and trading but also clan and alliances to be in bold and to also reappear in chat after a set amount of time looking at the chat like every 30 minutes.to an hour.

• Clan System Quality Of Life:
    • A clan system ability to have those with ruler permissions to change the Default Clan Rank for new members joining a clan as shown in this thread.
    • Longer Message of the Day character limits would be a very welcomed change.
    • Ability to Sort members by mastery rank to highest to lowest and/or lowest to highest in the clan page.
    • A separate clan role that allows to start or pause pigment projects and have that mechanic be taken away from the tech role.
    • A clan recruiting relay

• Clan Management System ideas:
    • A place to put up rules of a clan outside of the Message of the Day system and have it be accessible in the clan page anytime.
    • Better Clan Log system to operate more like a Audit Log.
    • With influx of clan roles within the last year and a half more clan ranks would be nice to have
    • Changing color names on clan chat to easily identify someone who is a certain rank in a clan. This would only be changeable by clan warlords. A thread showing the idea linked here.
    • Instead having a fabricator role; there should be a setting to allow and not allow certain things in clan research to be replicable depending on what rank you are in a clan.

• Dojo:
    • Custom Obstacle Course increase decoration limit;
    • Decrease the resource costs of Dojo Decorations
    • Any plans for a Target Practice Room for the Dojo or to have moving targets like moving floating circles in the custom obstacle course room in the dojo?
    • Any plans on more Nature-Themed rooms and Decorations for the Dojo?
    • Changeable statues in Temple of Honor;
    • Are Infested theme decorations going to be added at some point?
    • NPCs in the Dojo to make the Dojos look more lively;
    • A Sentient Lab?
    • A Syndicate Hub Room to access all 6 main syndicates from the Dojo.

a good thing to add to In-Game Quality Of Life should be be able t o selec the level of maxed mods 

3 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

wait what??IF?  I thought it was 100% thie week and probably today...and now are telling about 10 days later stream where u will announce date? huh?? Coool.

You forgot that this is typical about DE.... 😄😑

34 minutes ago, (XB1)falconpwnch0234 said:

Usually on every other Wednesday there's a devstream post. I guess not this time? :awkward:
Oh well, at least i guess i have something for later to bring up.

Sorry if I came on aggressive 😅 this thread is just informing us the devstream is next week.

Now, NEXT Wednesday will be the forum thread we can ask questions in!

1 what happen with the primary kitguns ?

2 when its the railjack room for dojo going to come out ?also how about we remove child components restriction to have more freedom building your dojo.

3 please just add this: 

Excavators are headache right now so having a control of what excavator should be deployed or not could make wonders and dispatch that feeling when you are doing fissures and you lost your reactants,your reward and your time because someone or you accidentally active a excavator.

4 what happen with the old weapons skins like m9 for the lato or the m16 for the karak?

5 what happen with the dual nikanas ?

6 what about a dual grakata prisma or wraith edition? those years Clem has been very forgotten except for memes how about give him more consideration in new quest or events? 

Wonderful work!

> Besides the Jovian Concord, what else are the teams working on to follow up on?
> Have there been any plans that will reveal the use of this "moral" compass that we have had since the War Within?
> Have there been any plans on how to improve the clan systems further? There does not seem to be any incentive for people within the clans to be working together. In fact, having a bigger clan only seems to be a detriment to players.

> Are there any plans or even guesses for further use of the infested chair in the orbiter besides a short trip to the dermatologist?

> Will there be newer or stronger turret types that will also be coming up? They're uses have been explored a little more in the Plains of Eidolon. Can we expect more of it to be added for more puzzle mechanics?

Fair enough, I guess I get to wait another week to once again plead for someone to care enough about melee to have two consecutive sentences to string together about its development, and to once again be disappointed when the topic is broached and quickly jettisoned, usually with some mumbles about the melee people not being there and a vague promise for more information later. Sincere thanks for always trying, anyways, Rebb!

I have niche issues in this game. "The Euphona Prime doesn't spin on alt fire anymore" is a niche of mine, "the Nyx absorb invulnerability ends while she's still aggro-boosted and locked down" is another, but I never would've guessed that "the total overhaul of one third of the weapons in the game - the first class of weapon to be obtained by new players, to become substantially powerful in the early game, to become infinitely scalable in the late game - as well as their modified handlings and behaviors" would be treated as niche. Like, there were some complaints about the optional, forma restricted, purely cosmetic dual energy colors not applying to frames in the ideal way for some users, and y'all responded faster than the fire department 😛

Maybe with this next update out of the way, the team will have the capacity to make the melee changes a dedicated priority 😊 (fun trivia: I could feasibly attach this postscript to any post I've made in the last literal year

Can we please please please get some updates on some general fashion frame stuff. Considering how big cosmetics are in this game it's honestly baffling how inconsistent so many options are.

In particular i mean;

Metallic parts being on different slots, especially noticable with armors but also some skins and helmets. An easy fix i have in mind is to allow customization of each individual armor piece and apply the same to Helmet and Body for frames.

We still don't have an Umbra details toggle after a year,and he sorely needs it. Other prime frames could also use this for immortal skins and the like.

I think we should be allowed to position all types of weapons on our character,not only melee weapons.

THe metallic color channel overlapping with normal textures, which looks pretty bad when you are using a gold color for example. Octavia's Weapon's and Redeemer Prime come to mind,but i'm fairly certain there is more.

Archived