Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on the new Relic screen UI

-vnn

1. The new relic reward selection is very tiny, and does not shows my own name below it on my screen.
2. I cannot see how many I have owned, unless I hover each item one at a time which is slow.
3. Selecting relic with game controller previously only need 2 button presses, now requires pressing it 3 times: 1 time only highlights, 2nd time is "equip?" pop ups, 3rd time finally equips it.
4. Refining relic in a middle of mission is too slow, annoying auto-scroll, and does not auto-equip after relic refine. I often ended up with no relics after refining it because of how slow it is. I have to highlight a mod, refine it, try to find relic again because the game auto-scrolled up or down, then finally select the refined relic again, all in only a short time of 15 seconds.

5. How many void traces I have? I can't see it while refining relic, while choosing a relic at the start or in the middle of mission.

Being able to see how many Docats it is worth is nice.

• Like 1

Let's say I want to make a bunch of Meso M3 relics radiant.

I open the refinement UI (sorted by "Owned"), I go to the Meso tab, I click the M3, select radiant, click the refine button, yay, one done.

Annoyance #1: It takes me back to the "All" tab (with the Meso M3 [Radiant] relic selected) instead of staying in the Meso tab.

So I click on the Meso tab again.

Annoyance #2: The list is scrolled quite a ways down, showing me a bunch of relics I don't own, instead of being either at the top or on the Meso M3 [Radiant].

So I scroll scroll scroll back up to the M3 relic and make it radiant. Yay, two done.

The "All" tab is selected again... *sigh*

What should be a quick and easy process is instead a chore of extraneous clicks and scrolling just to upgrade 5 Meso M3 relics.

BTW, depending on what relic you refine and your sort order, sometimes the list is only scrolled down a row or two, so it's only slightly less annoying, but still annoying.

Finaly tried running relics on my own and it's even worse than it looked on pictures:

• The hover over on relic reward screen covers other rewards.
  • Reward images are cut off by the worst thing the new UI brought - square boxes.
  • Relic refinement screen / choosing relic screen is so crowded with absolutely monotone icons and tiny texts you are pretty much forced to search by text, otherwise you will lose your mind. And of course writting right away does nothing unless you click to the search box. This is how you make everything harder and more tedious to use.
  • Like 1

Shimmering rarity bar is fine, 125% zoom is fine, but it doesn't change the fact that 15 seconds is a bit too short for us to check the number owned and ducat value of 4 items (Like I said before, my eyes can only roll so fast.). Why don't you just revert back and put the number owned in the upper left corner of the icon and maybe add the ducat value to the lower right? 

• Like 2

Yeah the old one works just fine, they can just add the extra ducat value on top of that. The new ui feel unnecessary and even more unintuitive because everything require mouse hover, its like they want to add fancy icons and animations instead of just simple and functional. Even when you link a relic and want to see what it contains, you need to mouse over to it again on the about page to see the content instead of just show it in the first click, and not mentioning that empty desc. part.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laudator said:

Shimmering rarity bar is fine, 125% zoom is fine, but it doesn't change the fact that 15 seconds is a bit too short for us to check the number owned and ducat value of 4 items (Like I said before, my eyes can only roll so fast.). Why don't you just revert back and put the number owned in the upper left corner of the icon and maybe add the ducat value to the lower right? 

Absolutely spot on!

The seconds are tickin away and DE expect noobs (and others) to know that they can hover over 4 bars to determine rarity and then hover over 4 relics to find out how many of each they already have, make their choice and then pick a new relic in time for the next rotation. Ridiculous!
1. Print the rarity ON THE RELIC in the appropriate colour: "RARE" in gold, "UNCOMMON" in silver etc.
2. Print how many you have of each drop ON EACH RELIC.
No more "hovering" for important info while timers are active, PUH-LEASE!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DukeOfCornwall said:

The seconds are tickin away and DE expect noobs (and others) to know that they can hover over 4 bars to determine rarity and then hover over 4 relics to find out how many of each they already have, make their choice and then pick a new relic in time for the next rotation. Ridiculous!

Imagine trying to do any of that with a controller...

• Like 1

I wonder if the hover over is meant to be for controllers, since the general nature of a controller is something is always selected, unlike a mouse.  Thus a controller user can just switch between each one and have the pop-up already there.

If it is not designed for a controller I really wonder who its designed for as it is far clunkier than the previous one and really doesn't look any better for that.

Sadly there were many other UI parts that need more work on them than the relic/market ones did.

Edited by Loswaith

3 hours ago, Loswaith said:

I wonder if the hover over is meant to be for controllers, since the general nature of a controller is something is always selected, unlike a mouse.  Thus a controller user can just switch between each one and have the pop-up already there. 

If it is not designed for a controller I really wonder who its designed for as it is far clunkier than the previous one and really doesn't look any better for that. 

Sadly there were many other UI parts that need more work on them than the relic/market ones did. 

Controller UI uses a cursos anyways, so I'm not sure what would be the difference.

+1 , the old UI was elegant and informative, while the new one is lacking in information.

You're already querying the DB during the mouse over. If the goal here is to reduce database transactions, you should find a better way to do it. My suggestion is, since the relics are chosen before mission and each round, simply generate a list of all possible rewards, of which there are 16. Then for each player look up just these values ahead of time, then you can display them at mission end. You can forgo looking up forma and leave it as a mouse over. Typically almost every relic has a forma so you're looking at cutting between 0-2-4 items from said list.

Alternatively you can cache all the prime blueprints players have client side and use that to display the number owned.

I just don't know why you insist on the current uninformative design...

Edited by TaylorsContraction
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Laudator said:

add the ducat value to the lower right? 

This information is redundant, since ducat value is tied to item rarity - rare 100 ducats, uncommon 45 etc. There are only a handfull of items with irregularities, which does not justify UI clutter.

Otherwise, I am right behind you, Tenno, and support your complaints.

1 hour ago, NightmareT12 said:

Controller UI uses a cursos anyways, so I'm not sure what would be the difference.

Good to know I've never used a controller so it seems the UI is not done for them either :/

1 hour ago, TaylorsContraction said:

You're already querying the DB during the mouse over. If the goal here is to reduce database transactions, you should find a better way to do it. My suggestion is, since the relics are chosen before mission and each round, simply generate a list of all possible rewards, of which there are 16. Then for each player look up just these values ahead of time, then you can display them at mission end. You can forgo looking up forma and leave it as a mouse over. Typically almost every relic has a forma so you're looking at cutting between 0-2-4 items from said list.

They would have to be addressing the data base to get the list to choose the reward, so in theory that data could already be stored in volatile memory.

1 hour ago, ShortCat said:

This information is redundant, since ducat value is tied to item rarity - rare 100 ducats, uncommon 45 etc. There are only a handfull of items with irregularities, which does not justify UI clutter.

Actually the a huge chunk of rare rewards are also dropped as uncommon rewards on other relics.  Likewise many are both uncommon and common rewards.  Rare/Uncommon rewards award 65 Ducats, while Uncommon/common rewards award 25 Ducats.  Recently some of the relic rewards even show up across all rarities (like the nikana prime blueprint), though I'm not sure what the ducat value is on those (25 according to the wiki).

Edited by Loswaith

2 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Otherwise, I am right behind you, Tenno, and support your complaints.

Not exactly, I don't know how many are there, but the rarity of Lex Prime bp is common but the ducat value of it is 25 not 15, however, fang prime bp, which is also common, has a ducat value of 15. Where's the logic behind that? Just because this thing exist, I'm obliged to check every single item in the game because who knows if there're more? 

*raises hand*

The specific problems I'd call out:

1. They're holding their ground on hiding or obfuscating essential information (especially given there's a countdown) from the user - namely number owned, ducat value, vaulted status, and rarity.

2. They did not color code the item text with its rarity.

3. The shimmer effect ends up reducing the contrast between the rarity indicators, because the shimmer darkens the bars to roughly the same dull gray. 

4. A few-pixel scale change is not sufficient for good contrast and immediate information processing.

5. The rarity bars should be beneath the items.

6. Your own name doesn't show up on the selection you pick. This is alarming (yes, I realize they've decided a little corner tab is "you")

7. "Mouseover" is not nearly as user friendly with a controller. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

The poor rellic UI does not stop at the relic reward selection screen.

In Recruit Chat people advertise for radshare missions e.g. "H [Meso L1] radshare". Wonderful, except for the tiny snagette that clicking on the linked relic brings up the Item Detail screen... which contains NO ITEM DETAILS! But, (sarasm ON) great news (sarcasm OFF), there is a massive About button which you must hover over to get the d*mned drop info you clicked for in the first place.

Please DE, enough with your Hover obsession. Just show the info we want immediately.

• Like 1

I mean, DE has said once that merely putting how many ducats a thing can be sold for in the reward screen would be "too meta".

But who knows, maybe they have changed their mind.

I personally would like to have more information displayed pretty much anywhere it's remotely relevant.

Edited by Slaytanic93

No, it's not the feedback they're looking for.

They look in the feedback forums when they're looking for feedback.

I also doubt they regularly look at the subreddit for feedback either, if the person who made that post actually cares they would go and make a thread about it.

• Like 2

22 минуты назад, trst сказал:

No, it's not the feedback they're looking for.

They look in the feedback forums when they're looking for feedback.

That's why I shared it in forums feedback section, right? 

That post displays the idea of what we want and what we don't get: less hovering over and more info on the goddamn screen. We are not on mobile, no need to save every pixel by inserting countless "click to reveal" and "hover to read". The entire screen can be dedicated to something more useful than NPC's face or nothing. Also rarity bar is still way too small (not even talking about why does it even exist). And the console players are already frightened to see that UI coming.

I feel like there's only a tiny chance they will agree they are mistaken and throw away the new precious awful UI. Somebody worked on it. Somebody approved it. Somebody implemented it. It's always easier to say "let's just make some adjustments" instead of "I was wrong". But the hope is the last to die.

7 minutes ago, Zanoza-chan said:

That's why I shared it in forums feedback section, right? 

Your post is in general discussion. Not a feedback section. I’m not sure stealing someone else’s idea and not explaining it constitutes decent feedback.

51 минуту назад, krc473 сказал:

Your post is in general discussion. Not a feedback section. I’m not sure stealing someone else’s idea and not explaining it constitutes decent feedback

Oh wtf. I was doing that from phone, seems like something went wrong.

UPD: aaaaand I'm unable to move the topic to another forum section. Eh.

Edited by Zanoza-chan