Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Hostile Mergers Leaderboard Information

[DE]Rebecca

Hello Tenno!

We've done our first Leaderboard Operation since 2017-05-04 with Ambulas Reborn. You read that right - it's been 2 years! And history certainly does repeat itself. As we debut new mission types with Operations, so do we find that exploits are discovered and abused.

Years ago, Operation Trophies and their method of acquisition were changed to allow every clan the chance to earn them, rather than just top clans. This was done because top clans tend to have illicit runs, which means tying rewards to them is questionable.

With all this in mind in the midst of another Operation, the question becomes how involved it is to wipe illicit runs. Each event has a different definition of illicit runs because the variety of Warframe abilities and content results in different edge cases. In the case of Operation: Hostile Mergers, let's first define ‘illicit' runs.

Operation: Hostile Mergers:

1) Using Loki's Ability to Switch Teleport a Demolyst to death on tiles with a bugged teleport volume resulting in insta-death is considered an illicit run.
2) Using negative damage exploits to compete is not permitted and is considered an illicit run.

We have been able to cleanly identify cohorts that used Items 1 and 2 for Leaderboard runs.

The following measures have been enforced against confirmed exploiters:

- Cases of extreme abuse have resulted in temporary suspensions until the Operation is over on June 3rd. Any suspended accounts now have a score of 0 for their clan.
- Illicit scores in general have been removed where applicable.
- If an exploiting account is a repeat offender of exploits or suspicious behaviour, permanent game ban.

Thanks to all Tenno who cleanly participate.

Cheers!

MAY 30 EDIT:

We have fixed another exploit and cleaned out some illicit scores we detected as a result. This exploit was more firmly rooted in an older level scaling bug returning on certain unit types. We have fixed the bug, cleaned the scores, and now competition is more balanced for the final weekend stretch.

Stop doing leaderboards and competitive stuff. Competition always brings the worst in people and they'll always try to cheat to get ahead. Always. This is supposed to be a co-op game, so why not encourage more cooperative gameplay rather than competitive?

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

Stop doing leaderboards and competitive stuff. Competition always brings the worst in people and they'll always try to cheat to get ahead. Always. This is supposed to be a co-op game, so why not encourage more cooperative gameplay rather than competitive?

Hordes of people demand competitive stuff like leaderboards for every single event. They're just doing their best to make everyone happy, even though its impossible

I feel like some innocent players were wiped based on association, and the decision to remove the scores from the 10 HP Demolyst bug is just astonishing. This gamemode has not been the same for longer than a day as we've gotten hotfixes everyday. This event should be restarted so that all runs can be legit and the leaderboard reflects what it is supposed to. Freezing players from attempting legit runs seems reasonable if they cheated, but this "freezing" was applied to squads, not individual players. Flagged users have ruined other squads and being the victim of that is beyond frustrating. I did another 2 hours and 30 minutes to push my score from being frozen, but not everyone has time to try another multiple hour run to beat their previously legit score. Events last 2 weeks for a reason and not 4 days. Individual players should be cleared for cheating and the squad mates with them should be given a chance to try again without freezing their account score. The inconsistency throughout this Operation made it a complete mess...

10 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

2017-05-04

No way, that was yesterday! 😧 I feel old 😭

10 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The following measures have been enforced against confirmed exploiters:

- Cases of extreme abuse have resulted in temporary suspensions until the Operation is over on June 3rd. Any suspended accounts now have a score of 0 for their clan.
- Illicit scores in general have been removed where applicable.
- If an exploiting account is a repeat offender of exploits or suspicious behaviour, permanent game ban. 

That is great! I hope that eases concerns over these and sets precedent for future events.

I hope we can refine the reward system for events again for the future though. Once you reach the Gold trophy, there's little to do unfortunately!

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Voltage's knickers will turn inside out though, and then we have to see ranting about it on every event patch note. :wink:

I usually avoid competitive enviroments (ie: LoL ranked) but I can feel Voltage. Being in a Clan without Dark Sectors and events going is so, so empty 😞

9 минут назад, Gabbynaru сказал:

you DO realise that these results aren't achievable in solo and require teamwork, illicit or not?

On 2019-05-29 at 11:15 PM, Gabbynaru said:

yes i disagree

4 minutes ago, Voltage said:

What determines an elicit score? I was in a run for 33,000 that used Valkyr, Valkyr, Nova, and Banshee and I had no Loki, no Rivens (to my knowledge since I don't see other's inventories), and no Hydroid. My best friend is now at 0 and this is seriously aggravating.

F

7 minutes ago, Voltage said:

What determines an elicit score? I was in a run for 33,000 that used Valkyr, Valkyr, Nova, and Banshee and I had no Loki, no Rivens (to my knowledge since I don't see other's inventories), and no Hydroid. My best friend is now at 0 and this is seriously aggravating.

have you tried not having an illicit score

7 minutes ago, Voltage said:

What determines an illicit score? I was in a run for 33,000 that used Valkyr, Valkyr, Nova, and Banshee and I had no Loki, no Rivens (to my knowledge since I don't see other's inventories), and no Hydroid. My best friend is now at 0 and this is seriously aggravating.

maybe your group shouldn't have used any exploits in the run

13 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

It's very sad,but I have to agree...Completely.

Very very nice. 

20 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

What? Why not both? Leaderboards are amazing (not what is in the game right now - as a concept). People might be not amazing. But if this will be sorted out like this case - it is ok. I can understand it cost a lot of stress and other things for devs, but with some polishing, it can be shaped into something really fun. First days was amazing. Until exploiters came in.

So no. Keep leaderboards, and @[DE]Rebecca big thanks for working hard!

2 minutes ago, SilentMashiko said:

you DO realise that these results aren't achievable in solo and require teamwork, illicit or not?

But they still can be done solo, and someone with a ghost clan could probably achieve the necessary points for to unlock the golden rewards all by themselves, given a bit of time and dedication (which a surprising amount of people have in Warframe).

If the scores weren't there, no one would cheat to have the highest score is my point. These operations can be done differently without encouraging behavior like that. More importantly, DE should take a stance on this competitive vs cooperative situation, cause it's clear they can't satisfy both sides.

I mean, Loki just did what he always did, I dont see where the exploit in that is in the first place. All my runs were with Inaros anyhow, but if an ability just does exactly what it is supposed to be, where is the exploit? Mainly asking for clarification, as it doesnt make any sense to me from a logical point of view.

4 minutes ago, Takkov said:

I mean, Loki just did what he always did, I dont see where the exploit in that is in the first place. All my runs were with Inaros anyhow, but if an ability just does exactly what it is supposed to be, where is the exploit? Mainly asking for clarification, as it doesnt make any sense to me from a logical point of view.

They didn't just Switch Teleport to keep enemies away or benefit from ST augment. They intentionally threw them into pits / out of bound areas to instantly kill them , no matter the level.

Archived