Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Im officially leaving Warframe

AozaruNinja

31 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

You can already tell who is the host of a party and you can physically see them leaving either by moving to extraction in regular missions or by not taking the next conduit in ESO.

Many players aren't aware they are the host and if they leave that distracts the game.

The easiest solution is to give a visible feedback about this: You're leaving the game in xx seconds as a HOST.

Pugs arent really ralkative. They dont plan the game together, people just join the game and just play together... /shrug

Dunno we expect a smoother gameplay all of us most of the time. WF doesn't feels too players friendly in many cases.Lime the new propa-dragon boss event omg such a frustrating chaos, badly designed in the first place, imagi e it with noobs who you never saw before. just unenjoyable and you want to get out asap once the boss is dead.

5 minutes ago, GentlePuppet said:

You know those little numbers that appear beside yer names in the player list, the 1 means yer the host.

Not necessarily. It can also mean youre the first guy in the griup and your marker number is one. It does mean youre the host but should be easy to actually state it that "HOST" for host on wherever on the UI.

Edited by 40PE

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Host migration will be the end of the game at one point because it'll spread throughout gaming sites soon

At what point in the last seven years did the NDA on host migration lift?

9 minutes ago, 40PE said:

Not necessarily. It can also mean youre the first guy in the griup and your marker number is one. It does mean youre the host but should be easy to actually state it that "HOST" for host on wherever on the UI.

Except, it does. And that's the definition of being a host in a squad lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vanille said:

Except, it does. And that's the definition of being a host in a squad lol.

I think whay 40PE meant is that number 1 being the host isn't obvious to many players. I had no idea it meant host until I randomly came across that fact on the forums a couple of months ago. Thankfully I play solo so I didn't cause issues for other people.

43 minutes ago, 40PE said:

Many players aren't aware they are the host and if they leave that distracts the game.

How are they not aware of being host? It literally shows you the pecking order by telling you who's 1, 2, 3 and 4. 

1 leaves and the rest of you stay = host migration, and 2 will probably be the next host. 

Anyone else leaves and you stay = no host migration for you. 

1 leaves and you leave with them = no host migration for you. 

Occasionally host will migrate at random and you get booted to orbiter = catastrophic failure. 

Casual observation of these things will make the system obvious in very short order. 

Apart from that:

2 hours ago, AozaruNinja said:

I approx. got around 100+ host migrations so i cant even complete a mission at all, no my wifi is not the problem every other game works just fine. And thats not even a recent problem

Emphasis added. WiFi is prone to interference from external sources. Running cable or even using Ethernet over powerline is a much better idea. 

I had many friends who also loved and supported warframe since day 1 but everyone of them left because of this exact reason. 

Really? 

23 minutes ago, 40PE said:

First guy in the group in peer-to-peer games tend to mean you are the host. You cant magically be the first guy in the group and not the host, that just wouldnt work.

And with the latest UI update you can see if the host is planning to leave during endless missions that ask if you wanna stay or not. They have this "host" sign when you mouse over the icon.

I am a Veteran player and supported the game since 2013. Ive witnessed many ups and downs in Warframe but still choose to support the game i loved, with prime accesses etc. But this one problem is just getting out of hand since the beginning called: Host Migration. Especially in this new game mode they invented. I approx. got around 100+ host migrations so i cant even complete a mission at all, no my wifi is not the problem every other game works just fine. And thats not even a recent problem. This host migration bug existed since years ! And they didnt do a damn thing about it and i am also very sure that they did not plan any changes. I had many friends who also loved and supported warframe since day 1 but everyone of them left because of this exact reason. Wow DE just wow... a multi million dollar company who says that they just cant afford to upgrade their peertopeer-network system thats just sad. Sorry you just lost another player ...and many more will leave until you fix this major issue

Elaborate on "host migration bug"

If you call the host migration itself a bug, then you're wrong. 

Now failed host migrations is a whole another topic.

Edited by Dante