The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nora is the most annoying NPC

Nora is very annoying mainly because she keep on repeating the same couple of lines over and over "bad ass", "holding back" ... etc. Lotus occasionally will gives you useful information: Objective change, "not detected" = "I will start the alarm soon" ... etc. Ordis joke is also bad, but the joke is not in a repeating loop. I wish DE can gives us an option to mute Nora.

• Like 6

Yeah she can be repetitive at times, but it's not like she interferes with gameplay. I ignore literally every communication I get from Lotus or Nora or whatever because it's not important. At what point in a 1 hour survival or 30 dig excavation do I need to here Lotus say "You are surrounded by Grineer Marines!" it's just not helpful, or necessary.

Easy fix: Turn off Dialogue.

Yeah, is it just me or did DE completely remove the option to mute Nora? We used to be able to mute her by turning off "Enable hints" under the Audio tab, but that doesn't seem to be doing anything now.

Having her going "bad-ASS" for sitting down or catching six Murkrays is really annoying.

Everyone has limited lines. Nora has a limited selection, so does Lotus, and many others. Lotus has been on the nerves of some players now. Also considering Nora is a lot less talkative than Lotus, and that Nora only chats when completing a Nightwave objective. In the Orbiter, you can turn her off. And Lotus' dialogue is redundant. She tells us that which we already know.

She is a little hammy, but I just think it's normal for a pop culture reference (she's a straight-up clone of a character from 1979's cult film, The Warriors) to be a bit overplayed at first try. Maybe the writers thought you wouldn't get the reference unless they hit you over the head with it.

The Intermission did seem to add some new lines. Maybe they'll evolve her portrayal a bit. Just need a little more subtlety, is all.

Edited by KnossosTNC

23 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I mean, we play a game about an endless war, fighting for our lives and killing things. And what do we do? Mining and fishing..

But hey, it's mining and fishing after committing war crimes against the enemies nearby so we can mine and fish in peace.

Edited by Renegade343
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, (NSW)CthulhuAzathoth said:

Nora is very annoying mainly because she keep on repeating the same couple of lines over and over "bad ass", "holding back" ... etc. Lotus occasionally will gives you useful information: Objective change, "not detected" = "I will start the alarm soon" ... etc. Ordis joke is also bad, but the joke is not in a repeating loop. I wish DE can gives us an option to mute Nora.

I find Nora is pretty interesting, almost like a Tarantino character without many lines. I usually play with my volume all the way down as I listen to podcasts or books. So I have yet to find her annoying. I'm actually pretty excited for more lines come Nightwave 2. Honestly I find purple Natah and Ordis much more annoying (though I actually like Ordis- we're punny together). Just keep on keeping on, my friend. Nora will get more lines Soon(TM).

1 minute ago, Iludra said:

I find her annoying as well. She feels out of place compared to the rest of the universe and her exaggerated hyperboles are driving me nuts.

Out of place? How so? A pirate radio DJ seems like a perfect fit for the shattered Origin System. also, the word hyperbole means exaggerated already... and this is a point I don't understand either. How is she overblown? I find her to be subtle and in perfect tone for her job.

Edited by (NSW)Badger

Having her transmit in missions is what bothers me.

She's not a space ninja, certainly no replacement for the Lotus, and everytime she interjects into a mission, I feel like the experience of Tenno is somehow cheapened. 

I have no problem with her other than that., and think she is another good addition to Warframe... but who let her accompany us on our missions?

6 hours ago, (NSW)CthulhuAzathoth said:

I wish DE can gives us an option to mute Nora.

clearly, you aren't feeling that reptile tickle of reward in your back-brain, and you aren't seeing that floating light ahead, bobbing through the marsh of what is to come. you clearly don't follow, dreamer, into that sweet black tomorrow... this forum is a cornucopia friends, a movable feast; an act of guts and trust. take it when and where you find it, or else you won't be able to become the once and future BAAAD AAASSSS!!

for real, one of my clan hates her a lot too, and I memorized her lines from season one just to annoy him and people like yourself. yep, I'm not a very nice person...you might say that i have the face of an angel, morals of a Chainsaw... and DAAAAYUM do I look good in a suit! :crylaugh:

Part of what makes her annoying is that she takes... so... long... to... say... her... lines... anytime she says anything at all. This on top of her nonsensical remarks and veiled insults, all of which are completely unrelated to what you're doing.

My opinion of her may be influenced by my opinion of Nightwave as a whole, and by my theory that she's actually in the employ of the Kweens, but in any case she annoys me.

• Like 2

People do realize she is intentionally overplayed and prolonged based on pop-culture reference of character D.J. from cult-classic crime film the Warriors (1979) And you do also know that you can turn off these transmissions from the menu options, right? Example: 

Edited by BETAOPTICS

17 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

People do realize she is intentionally overplayed and prolonged based on pop-culture reference of character D.J. from cult-classic crime film the Warriors (1979) character was inspired by D.J. (Lynne Thigpen) from the cult-classic crime film The Warriors (1979). Example: 

And that’s supposed to make it better...how?

Something doesn’t get a pass out of the virtue of being a pop culture reference. Heck, it might even make it worse in some ways.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mac10smg--Toa_of_Green said:

And that’s supposed to make it better...how?

Something doesn’t get a pass out of the virtue of being a pop culture reference. Heck, it might even make it worse in some ways.

Where did I say it makes something better? That's right, nowhere. The post I responded to was wondering why her transmission is done in the style it has been, and this is the reason. Strictly a description there.