Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Series 2, already a poor start...

ReaverKane

18 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

Forma and Gild on the same week?

doesn't really matter now with recovery working more or less. ignore it, do it in a week you have nothing else left.

18 hours ago, Zanchak said:

I was instantly disappointed to see yet again a gild and forma objective...

my reaction was somewhere between a sigh and an eyeroll. those things must be determined by an evil AI.

Edited by Rawbeard

3 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

You're missing or ignoring the point that this isn't a nightwave challenge but s nightwave tax. 

Similar to the ayatan slotting "challenge".

And you’re missing the point that if you don’t like it you can still skip it & not have the game ruined for you. 

I clearly articulated why some players may consider these challenges as actual challenges. 

I think they should just give you a long list of missions you could do, but give you a limited number you can get credit for from a category. IE: have 5 dailies, but you can only get credit for the first one you do. Then have like 10 weeklies to choose from, but only get to do 4-5 and have 5 elite weeklies to choose from, but only get to do 1. 

That way people can simply choose to do activities they enjoy, or activities that happen to overlap with something else they've been needing to do anyway. 

• Like 1

I agree.

Luckily I had something to gild(an amp I never intended on using). I have no idea what I would do otherwise, because I have 12 or 15 zaws, 4 kitguns, 3 amps, 3 robot companions and I don't intend on building anything new. I have 3 or 4 kdrivers assuming they are also gildable. 

As for the Forma, I can give that a pass because it is the prime week. Hopefully I'll get wukong prime + 1 other prime before the week ends and I'll easy throw in a couple of forma for those..

Edited by White_Matter

3 hours ago, RealJustBoo said:

What even the hell...

<code>

if( playerLevel < 10 ) {
    getRewards_A();
} else if( playerLevel >= 10 && playerLevel <= 20 ) {
    getRewards_B();
} else if( playerLevel >= 21 && playerLevel <= 30 ) {
    getRewards_C();
} else if( playerLevel >= 31 && playerLevel <= 40 ) {
    AndSoOn();
}

</code>

It could not be more trivial. Much of what I see Sycophants claim and defend, is really just plain Uninspired Laziness. Period.

Ah yes, typical arm chair developer that knows a bit of code and thinks they know the ins and outs of the creation process and all that's involved in it. 

You'll be ignored going forward. 

7 hours ago, Kconvey said:

I dont think Ive ever seen a game that dislikes or punishes new players like this game does. 

You must be new to computer gaming. 

NW can be annoying, especially if you're use to the previously laissez-faire nature of WF. However, it doesn't even begin to compare with the routinely punitive nature of MMORPGs like EQ, where you couldn't even take on yard trash past lvl20 by yourself--and deaths equaled loss of experience, levels, and potentially irreplaceable equipment. 

A bit of time based inconvenience is trivial compared to what these sorts of games were like a decade ago. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

I did all my objectives in two days. Maybe if you took the time to do the missions instead of complaining you would have as much trouble. 😄

Yeah, i did my missions as well, it doesn't void the fact that they shouldn't be there... Maybe if you weren't so busy patting yourself in the back you'd understand that.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Ah yes, typical arm chair developer that knows a bit of code and thinks they know the ins and outs of the creation process and all that's involved in it. 

You'll be ignored going forward. 

No, he's pretty much correct. There's more code than that to add, but it's easily doable... Hell GW2 has more options for quests, and they all change not only depending on level but what expansions people have.

Also, Steve was an armchair developer when he started, so, maybe tone down the ignorance.

4 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

New primes came out, forma those.  Gilding a zaw takes 10 waves at hydron with an affinity booster.  These are not hard challenges, you just wish the challenges were all as easy as emoting in mission.  Boggles my mind how there can be over 400 frames and weapons and people complain about using forma 3 times for a challenge.  

Again, no one's saying they're hard, what we're saying is that, it will come a point to all players where you'll have these challenges and you'll be just throwing items to the trash for the sake of 4500 standing. Most people haven't, sure, but unless they stop playing (which also means their opinion is not relevant in the long term) everyone will, because the truth is no matter how much they work, they're not adding enough modular items for us to gild a new one every 2-3 weeks.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

Come on DE...
Forma and Gild on the same week? The two worse challenges in the whole Nightwave cycle, and yes that's way worse than doing anything "with a friend". How do you look at the game data and see players gilding items every week? Or EVERYONE using 3 Forma every week? Because that's pretty much the metric you should have for NON-ELITE challenges. And yet here we are...

You're complaining about 3 Forma? I'm an ENTIRE week? That's peanuts...

Admittedly not EVERY single frame needs Forma to be good, but It's nothing to use 3 Forma on a SINGLE weapon within a few hours. Unless you're using some crazy strong Prime weapon with nearly perfect starting polarities, it's pretty much mandatory to throw 3 Forma on a weapon to get at least moderately powerful performance. Almost ALL weapons need Forma.

Forma is basically the progression system for weapons anyways, so if you aren't progressing when you play then what are you trying to do? Unless you've been playing for hundreds to thousands of hours and pretty much have all the weapons you need and already built, but then at that point it's nothing to just blow some Forma an a few trash weapons. And new players SHOULD be consistently using Forma to build their arsenal.

Hell, most good weapon builds have between 3-6 Forma. My favorite gun (Prisma Grakata) has 6.

And Gilding, psh... Level Zaw, talk to Hok, spend a tiny bit of standing and 2 Wisps. Done. (also amp/kitgun)

Now admittedly, if you are a very new player, this one IS going to be kind of a pain in the ass. However, it gives you a motivation to now find out more about what "Gilding" is exactly and in the process you learn more about that game and come one step closer to mastering all of the games complex system that you might not have even KNOWN exist to begin with.

How do the look at in-game data and see everyone Gild/Forma every week? Simple answer, they DON'T, which just proves my point. Many people aren't using these system (mainly gilding, many people Forma) often. Therefore they assign these things as the challenges to build familiarity with these systems. Ask any MR 10 what a Forma is and they'll tell you. Ask them what Gilding a modular item is and I guarantee you don't get the same response.

For a long time many new players would end up completely lost and give up with the game due to confusion, frustration, and really just not understanding what the game IS. While Nightwave might not be perfect at least it's something to nudge players forward and give them a sense of progression all while rewarding them and increasing their knowledge. 

And besides ALL OF THAT, if you don't understand how to do those to challenges, DON'T. You have literally a whole ENTIRE season to do the since they implemented the new catch up mechanic.

Nightwave season 1 was already easy enough with like 75% of the weekly challenges able to comfortably be completed in a single weekend. They make season 2 even easier, so now every week can probably be easily completed in a weekend (other than time-gated challenges) and people still complain... If this trend continues when season 3 drops the first weeks challenges will be like... "Open 20 lockers" "Kill 500 enemies"

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

Yeah i do, and so what? I'm going to waste the equivalent to around 2€ adding forma to a useless weapon to gain half the standing equivalent to what will award me those 2€ back? is that your argument? Waste resources, for a completely inadequate reward for your effort, on something you don't want. And that's you also assuming that all of us keep buying weapon slots and don't just sell off all the crappy weapons and just keep the ones we have already forma'd.
You're doing the same as everyone else, assume that your way of playing is the only way of playing, and that those that don't are just inadequate. I'm looking at this with a bit of a wider lens.
Huh? What? How is that relevant? If i don't complete the forma challenge, i'll have it again in the next week? How does that help anyone? Its not going to generate new challenges, it's going to let you do INCOMPLETE ones. That's got to be the most useless argument i've ever seen...

Why are you spending $2? You know you can get forma from relics right?

I got like 8 forma in an hour.

You seem to be playing the game all wrong. 

59 minutes ago, xxswatelitexx said:

Why are you spending $2? You know you can get forma from relics right?

I got like 8 forma in an hour.

You seem to be playing the game all wrong. 

The fact that i can get forma (in fact i have 40 something in my inventory, been using them a bit heavily recently) doesn't change how much they cost. I grow fruit in my orchard, its free for me, but doesn't change the fact that it has a monetary value.

I'm thinking you're living life wrong if you didn't learn this by now.

Also, you didn't get 8 forma, you got 8 blueprints, now you need to craft them, and it takes 24h each. Assuming you have the mats... Which for me, at 200+ orokin cells last time i bothered to check, is as easy as clicking on the recipe, others not so much...

Edited by ReaverKane

On 2019-07-06 at 8:26 PM, ReaverKane said:

Forma and Gild on the same week?

Idk why people *@##&#036; about the gilding thing, literally just craft a zaw for next to nothing and equip it while you play. Then just spend 5k rep, that's worthless anyway. Like it almost requires NO effort. 

I'd understand the forma one too, if Wukong Prime didn't just get released. 

These challenges are fine DE, please forcus on things that actually matter, like Disruption/Arbitraion reward changes.

Edited by Kimimoto

6 minutes ago, Kimimoto said:

Idk why people *@##&#036; about the gilding thing, literally just craft a zaw for next to nothing and equip it while you play. Then just spend 5k rep, that's worthless anyway. Like it almost requires NO effort. 

These challenges are fine DE, please forcus on things that actually matter, like Disruption/Arbitraion reward changes.

I think the forma thing is because not everyone has a stockpile of forma like some others. Thats my gripe, and I realize thats my fault.

Just now, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

I think the forma thing is because not everyone has a stockpile of forma like some others. Thats my gripe, and I realize thats my fault.

I can dig that, and I'd agree if the challenge disappeared after this week, but it will be back if you didn't manage to finish it.

Il y a 19 heures, CuChulainnWD a dit :

Why not buy a mote amp? Far cheaper, and is quicker.

Dunno, I feel it requires more rank with The Quills than making the Zaw. Also I feel like newer players could farm Cetus standing faster than Quill standing. The forma one is a pain in the buttocks nontheless.

25 minutes ago, Kimimoto said:

They are complaining because the challenge literally demands to waste time, effort and resource for something the player doesn't want.

You get, I don't know, the statue thing? It might be annoying to look for the statues but you get endo.

The index? You get credits

The sanctuary? A buttload of affinity and radiant relics

And so on, and on, and on. The point in the challenge is that it has nothing constructive for players who have already built what they wanted. The forma one is something halfway being useful and detrimental as we got lucky since 3 new items have being introduced but then what? I can easily spend 10 forma in a week or maybe 3 in a month. What business has DE in forcing the way I want to progress or experience the game?

We only have so much time on our hands and when we log there are things we want to do that are NOT the chores offered by nightwave. They are so boring it makes me want to log out (and I do) right after I complete a couple of them overall ruining my gaming experience only because there are a few things i can only obtain with this game mode sacrificing an x amount of time per week doing stuff I don't like for the rest of time I play warframe. Totally a good idea if they are planning to drive me away with a burnout syndrome

I'm also not a fan of the concept "Mmm, couldn't/didn't wanted to do those boring challenges in a week? OK, WE GOT YOU!! Next week you will do the next challenges AND the old ones! You like that??"

Edited by Olphalarepth
  • Like 1

On 2019-07-07 at 11:12 AM, KnossosTNC said:

Didn't judge. As I said, I can appreciate some of the advantages of playing that way, and I don't begrudge them one bit. I just play a different way, and they both have their pros and cons.

I'm sure there are a few veteran players out there who did slowly complete everything, but the game has grown a lot over the years, and considering the frequency of "LF Hydron" on recruitment chat, I'd say there's a lot more of the fast levellers than the veterans.

I feel for both of them, I really do. But again, everything has their pros and cons. It's not possible to cater to every player's individual circumstances.

yeh I get you, I have no pity for the fast levellers though.. if they bumrush THEN complain, its their own doing lol

9 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

I did all my objectives in two days. Maybe if you took the time to do the missions instead of complaining you would have as much trouble. 😄

some of us actually have lives and go to either work, highschool, and/or college so trying to cram all this nonsense that night wave have practically makes missions like the forma thing pretty useless and cause we can only play for less then an hour then need to sleep due to whatever the next day. we can't just quite whatever we do during our daily lives and make more room for warframe, thats insane.

besides i'm one of the people who actually dislikes Nightwave and its setup, but i still agree that some of the rewards should have other options for farming rather then being in just one spot and having other players locked out of that reward for being busy with daily things.

Edited by Kingdom_key599
additions, typo
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, SirTobe said:

If you think about it though, how is it really different from all the other challenges? Have you not already killed 100 enemies? Opened 20 lockers? Played Sanctuary Onslaught? Killed enemies with various elements? Bulletjumped? Done Syndicate missions? Opened relics?

You don't spend this forma or gild a weapon for improving or getting another weapon. You do it for the standing needed for the tier rewards of NW, and it's both easy and quickly done, especially for someone who already got all the stuff in the game, lol. You don't even have to rank up the things afterwards. So what's really the problem here?

Yes these acts are boring chores, but that's because this community can't deal with anything close to a challange that would make things more interesting. So unfortunately we're stuck with doing dished and laundry. 

I don't grind or spend resources to bullet jump, or open a locker, or do syndicate missions, or open a relic.. because anything I need to do in those challenges comes from playing the game. Im not going to build the same weapon over and over again "just for fun", but thats basically what you have to do to gain points in these "gild" challenges.. its irritating. Forma is less irritating but still a pain in the a$$ if you have everything just the way you want it.. then you just end up spending it on cr@p you dont even want to use.. which is wasteful, and disrespectful of players because they know youre going to do it unless you want to skip so many challenges you fail to reach the only thing you probably dont own, at rank 30.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

But they simply can’t think of everyone, hence my implying that you’re coming as as entitled, as if you represent or speak for everyone because you’re not getting your way. 

There are always gonna be complaints & unhappiness, & sometimes it’s warranted, sometimes it’s not; in this particular instance, I feel that it’s not. 

Farming resources for forma & parts for modular weapons, including raising standing, is most definitely a challenge  from where I’m standing, so I reiterate: if you don’t like the challenges, skip them!

You’ll still be able to reach level 30, but if you’re being obsessive about completionism when something isn’t 100% to your liking, surely you can’t fault someone else for it, can you?

They haven't thought of anyone but new players in a long time. I never said I speak for everyone, and it has nothing to do with "not getting my own way".. I'm not 12. I just wish they'd think of others who ARENT new, because its just boring and repetitive and they shouldnt be hoping vets will just stay waiting around for the next big thing, that's just disrespectful of the time (and money) people have put into their game (and their pockets).

Skipping challenges is an option, but without knowing how many you can safely skip and still reach 30 to get the only thing you probably dont own, makes it irritable.

It also has nothing to do with being obsessive so iDunno whose posts youre reading. It was an opinion, about 2 stupid challenges that aren't a challenge in any way that are continuously slapped in there "for reasons". Surely they can come up with something better.

• Like 1

On 2019-07-06 at 8:26 PM, ReaverKane said:

Come on DE...
Forma and Gild on the same week? The two worse challenges in the whole Nightwave cycle, and yes that's way worse than doing anything "with a friend". How do you look at the game data and see players gilding items every week? Or EVERYONE using 3 Forma every week? Because that's pretty much the metric you should have for NON-ELITE challenges. And yet here we are...

Hmm... You know, the issue I have with it is this, we're going to Forma and Gild anyway, on our own time, to naturally progress. Stop forcing us to progress like this, those new will be doing that anyway but may not be able to now, those older will have done that and now need to go out of their way for it. It's just bad all the way around to force these as a dynamic challenge, instead they need to be static challenges, like achievements. Reward a new player for Forma'ing ten times, then give them some goodies or current nightwave creds, or more Forma to help boost them along the path they're taking.

Killing enemies with a specific element? Ya, all fine, we're going to anyway, and if we don't normally use that element, well then it's a side challenge to test the waters with what we can do with it, all good. This makes since to be a dynamic challenge, something to keep throwing at us randomly. Doing sortie missions? Still great even though I wish it was 'do three sortie missions' and not 'do three days of sorties'. Actually the sortie one bars anyone who hasn't completed prettymuch the Warframe questline, so I do have a issue with that idea, but I suppose the justification for that (and forma/gild) is that you can skip up to (according to DE Steve) ~34% of Nightwave missions and still get all rewards. Still though, just one of those things, ya know?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

No, he's pretty much correct. There's more code than that to add, but it's easily doable... Hell GW2 has more options for quests, and they all change not only depending on level but what expansions people have.

Also, Steve was an armchair developer when he started, so, maybe tone down the ignorance.

I'm replying to you once because I'm not going to go off topic anymore. 

Just because someone knows the coding involved doesn't mean the entire process of writing it and testing it is simple. Coding in itself isn't something difficult to learn. The issue is making sure it actually works and doesn't effect anything else unintentionally. 

If it really was as simple as writing up the code and copy pasting then we wouldn't have so many quality games that still have bugs from time to time. I called the person an arm chair developer because of their attitude. Not because I was saying the code example they gave was wrong. So saying I'm ignorant doesn't apply. 

And I'm sure Steve learned once he started working that things are not as simple as they seem from a consumer perspective. Steve starting out as a consumer and then becoming an actual developer doesn't take away from my original point. 

Which is said person is full of it because they accused the devs of being lazy simply because they think that slapping code together and pushing it live is stupid simple. When there's a lot more that goes on. 

Also saying x game does it so y game can too is an actual ignorant statement. That's like saying because one game can reach 60fps on Xbox one means all games on the Xbox one can. When in reality what determines that is more the tools devs have available and their capabilities rather than the hardware itself. 

Anyway that's all I'm going to say on this topic. 

Edited by (XB1)Knight Raime