Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Series 2, already a poor start...

ReaverKane

1 hour ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Why not buy a mote amp? Far cheaper, and is quicker.

Easier to Ivara + Balla Dagger + Covert Lethality on Adaro.

Mote Amp still needs a friend to carry on Hydron.

Yeah nightwave is a nightmare  having to put in a few weeks works. The old alert system is so much better of playing a 1+ years to be lucky enough to be online right at the 40min the item you wanted was on. It so much faster and easier to do the alert when you dead asleep then playing when you awake.

2 hours ago, makaloff95 said:

i see no reason why this would be unreasonable, we already got the catch up. 3 formas is easy to aquire (either buy the 3 forma pack for 35p or do fissure mission and build them), guilding isnt so hard either. pick the lowest standing items, make a saw (materials are easy to farm if you dont have them), its about 6.5-10k standing in total depending what item and parts you go for (both cetus and fortuna is unlocked early and you can run local bounties for rep and materials). the only trouble i see is that you have to reach a certain standing with cetus which can take some time but due we have catchup, you dont need to worry about it since you can do those challenges later.

for us veterans its jsut a minor inconvenience since we waste resources for something we dont need but it doesnt bother me really.

The catchup system doesnt work, you have to complete all the challenges in a week, if you couldnt do a challenge because you arent ready, the chance of passing elite challenges is non existant.

1 minute ago, Kconvey said:

The catchup system doesnt work, you have to complete all the challenges in a week, if you couldnt do a challenge because you arent ready, the chance of passing elite challenges is non existant.

hmmm but doesnt the previous ones show up after you complete x week elite challenge? but true its highly possible that it will be hard for newer players to deal with the elite ones but as a new player you probably have alot of other things to do (nightwaves will rotate so they will show up again). unless i misunderstood you?

1 hour ago, rand0mname said:

You are not going to Form new Prime items?

If they're crap, then they don't get a forma.

I do actually have some items which need forma... and this is the problem. I have actively not been improving my gear just in case crap like this comes up. There are several items which I'd love to put some forma into and which I haven't because of these stupid "challenges".

And then at some point, I'll have put all the forma I need into them. The "forma X items" "challenge" is a crap implementation. It's unsatisfying when it's running because not rationing forma is wasteful. It's unsatisfying when I have gear that needs forma because it's quite likely that I wouldn't be able to finish forma-ing it due to said rationing. And it's unsatisfying when I don't have gear that wants forma because using any would be a waste.

9 hours ago, Zanchak said:

It's not being entitled to wish they'd think of everyone instead of just new players. It's an all too common complaint now. (And no, I dont want an "endgame" I just want some clear thought behind things) It's also not a challenge to stick forma on something over and over again, nor gild something. They aren't challenges, even at all.

But they simply can’t think of everyone, hence my implying that you’re coming as as entitled, as if you represent or speak for everyone because you’re not getting your way. 

There are always gonna be complaints & unhappiness, & sometimes it’s warranted, sometimes it’s not; in this particular instance, I feel that it’s not. 

Farming resources for forma & parts for modular weapons, including raising standing, is most definitely a challenge  from where I’m standing, so I reiterate: if you don’t like the challenges, skip them!

You’ll still be able to reach level 30, but if you’re being obsessive about completionism when something isn’t 100% to your liking, surely you can’t fault someone else for it, can you?

Personally. No point in a three forma reward that requires three forma to reach, its just taken a reward out the table that requires effort for no reward yet needs done to progress.

Its like someone with the tv remote asking you give them three apples, so they will let you get a bus, travel an hour to a supermarket at the other side of the city, in the rain, to buy three apples to return and be allowed to use the remote to turn the TV over.

Common sense in grind pap like Nightwave shows you why the game has not really moved on in gameplay since 1904.

1 minute ago, SastusBulbas said:

Personally. No point in a three forma reward that requires three forma to reach, its just taken a reward out the table that requires effort for no reward yet needs done to progress.

Its like someone with the tv remote asking you give them three apples, so they will let you get a bus, travel an hour to a supermarket at the other side of the city, in the rain, to buy three apples to return and be allowed to use the remote to turn the TV over.

Common sense in grind pap like Nightwave shows you why the game has not really moved on in gameplay since 1904.

Guess it’s time for you to move on & into 2019, huh?

Anthem, Destiny & The Division await...

🤣

4 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Yup, I did assume that, because the main problem I've been hearing about this particular act is that it's a waste of time for players who already have and levelled everything. Hence, the assumption that they, you know, have everything. For newer players, the intent seems to be to provide impetus for them to go out and try a part of the game they haven't touched before. Do I agree with it? Not necessarily, but I do see the point.

Again, the Forma and gild acts do suck, I'm not disputing that. Would I rather they be replaced with something more mission-centric? Sure. A second objective of Nightwave is to give old content new life, and I just don't think Forma-ing and gilding stuff is "content."

That said, I also just don't think they are bane of all existence people rant and rave them to be, and can be easily overcome with the minimum of effort with a little planning ahead. I always keep a stockpile of 12 Formas minimum on hand, and I'm sitting on over 100 blueprints if I need to build more. By the end of this week, I will have another level 30 Zaw, ready and waiting to gild. I even already have a plan for whenever I do run out of modular stuff to gild; I'll just build more Balla daggers, slap Covert Lethality on it, and jump into Pago. Considering Zaws still baffle the Hell out of me, that is still a long way off.

And yeah, an alternative way of gaining Standing would be nice; I even added the idea of rewarding 500-1,000 Standing for beating WOS6 in my feedback, while having the Fugitives reward Creds instead, and replace the Prestige ranks with better rewards.

But, as I also expressed in my feedback, the game's player base is huge, and I do not expect to be the only voice to be listened to. That is the reality of things, as is the current iteration of Nightwave. Again, no question, current reality is not ideal, but I also don't see it as bad as people make it out to be, especially with a little preparation. I don't expect everyone to play the game like I do, but like I said, there are pros and cons to everything, and people should be prepared for that.

☝️This guy!

👏

2 hours ago, Emolition said:

Yeah nightwave is a nightmare  having to put in a few weeks works. The old alert system is so much better of playing a 1+ years to be lucky enough to be online right at the 40min the item you wanted was on. It so much faster and easier to do the alert when you dead asleep then playing when you awake.

i'm sorry, but a system that relies on RNG isn't that much better. Sure, Nightwave has its flaws, but don't you think that the alert system didn't have its own flaws.

The 3 forma weekly is bad for new player because you can only built 7 a week at max and you need forma for other stuff like building weapons and stuff like adapters and lenses. and for vets it bad because they formed almost everything and/or have to not forma stuff just to save it for this weekly.

The guild a modular item is bad because for new players you need to be rank 3 to even guilt something and their limited to 2000-11000 rep a day that is if they even have time to rank up a syndicate. then they need to get and craft materials and to do that they need star chart materials. And then lets not forget the infinite amount of credits new players need to do all this. They need to be aware index is there and have it unlocked. then build a bad kitgun/zaw, for new players this can also be bad because they are using their hardeners rep/materials on a bad version and would need to rebuild it anyway later. So not only is it wasting their resources it also waste their time and slowing down their progression.

As for vets well they already ranked and gilded it or need to not guild something they want to because their saving it for this weekly

Maybe just don't do the challenges you don't like. Getting all of Nightwave's rewards has proven to not require completion of every Act. And the grind has gotten a lot less for this series.

I was kinda dedicated when running NW Series 1, but I slacked pretty hard after I got up to 30. By the end of the Series I was at like 42/30. You don't need to grind it all. Like them or hate them*, Acts like Gild and Forma 3 aren't worth getting your undies in a bunch. Just ignore them.

* Weighing in myself, I'm not a fan of Gild, but I like the Forma 3 act. I pretty regularly take a new weapon, level it once and ignore it forever because it doesn't stand out against the small clutch of weapons I regularly use, most of which I've already polarized a lot. So when the Forma 3 Act comes up, I pick a Weapon with a combo I haven't tried (an Augment mod, a synergy with a frame, an unused Riven, etc.) or with no innate polarities, and I pop a Forma on it once or twice. Repeat with the same or other weapons. By doing this I've added a good handful of weapons to my regular roster, including Knell, Dual Keres and Exergis.

eh the rewards...i would trade the noggles rewards and stuff like that for more kuva honestly or an extra umbral forma lmfao

completing it doesn't bother me i'll be there in time anyway even skipping conservation & K-drive missions which i dislike and can't be bothered to wasted time in it.

I wish the sword skin wasn't a skin but a real weapon on it's own, kinda disappointed there.

39 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Umm run 4 waves of SO would still be quicker and cheaper on your pocket.

4 Waves of SO is pretty slow...

2 hours ago, makaloff95 said:

isnt it quick to run ESO with operator mode?

As the guy above says, you need more than 1 wave and you need someone to carry you.

It's not an option for those pure solo people who insist on it, or those strongly anti leech kinds.

4 waves of SO isn't that fast either.

Edited by Guest

Apart from 8 waves of ESO there is not one I would choose to do willingly. I stared at them for about two minutes trying to work up the motivation then just quit and loaded up a different game. Starting off a new season with this set of challenges was a bad idea. I don't know if I will even bother. And if that means I am locked out of important items like Umbral Forma then I don't see why I would keep playing the game.

12 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Eh, don't mind the Forma one. Still going through my pile of 58 Formas I got from Plague Star. So much to catch up on.

As for the gild one, I have a zaw scythe sitting in my inventory waiting for this very moment.

Not saying they don't suck, just that they're super easy for me. Again, it's all about planning ahead.

Sure, i also have 50 forma, and i had a moa sitting waiting just in case they didn't remove this, but its a bad challenge, and while i still have some stuff to forma, and some modular weapons to gild, that won't last long, and it sucks having to wait for the challenge to do so...

11 hours ago, Zanchak said:

Wow. Judgey McJudge.

Maybe they've taken their time, over many many years and are complete.. and don't fit in with that little spew right there. I personally hate level campers and bumrushers but lets assume shall we?

It's not being entitled to wish they'd think of everyone instead of just new players. It's an all too common complaint now. (And no, I dont want an "endgame" I just want some clear thought behind things) It's also not a challenge to stick forma on something over and over again, nor gild something. They aren't challenges, even at all.

Yeah, the problem here is that the ones defending this are more occupied patting themselves in the back, than realize that no matter what, eventually they'll be in the same boat. Because this is ad infinitum, especially when they're too busy making it into a non-issue.
I personally still have a few zaws to go and the Fortuna Prisms, plus the moa that i was saving up. But i'm also running out of stuff to do for MR27, which means i have to either build and level that stuff up, or i wait longer for lvl 27. I'm doing the second.
Also i'm speaking as someone that has had his own brother pretty much quit warframe, specifically because of the forma and gild stuff, and he's someone who likes grindy games, so much so that he's playing BDO and Albion Online (free) when i'm playing Warframe. And i'm confident in saying he's not the only one, since on my clan alone, another guy quit, and 3 others almost stopped playing entirely.

The forma one is fine. The catch-up mechanic means you have what, more than a month to use up 3 forma? Forma takes 24 hours to craft so there really isn't any excuse why you shouldn't be able to make and apply 3 in seven days (or more).

I however don't have an opinion on the gilding weekly. I suppose it could be changed to something like "kill enemies with a gilded weapon".

1 hour ago, Datam4ss said:

4 Waves of SO is pretty slow...

As the guy above says, you need more than 1 wave and you need someone to carry you.

It's not an option for those pure solo people who insist on it, or those strongly anti leech kinds.

4 waves of SO isn't that fast either.

Fair enought, kinda forgot there is people playing solo in this game aswell 😅

It's baffling how stubborn they can be to admit that bad design is indeed BAD and rework some challenges...

Ayatan socketing promotes NOT socketing statues (and not getting Endo as a result) because a challenge might pop up.

Forma extortion promotes NOT using forma until it's challenge time.

Gilding is either the same as above or requires you to waste resources and standing. 

Grove Specters makes you hoard Apothics, never spending them unless there's a challenge up.

Come on guys, those are genuinely badly designed. Get rid of them. 

• Like 1