Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please lower the Bullet Jump requirement for Nightwave

AJman14

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I don't think anyone is really complaining but we are assessing how mundane doing 150 bullet jumps really is. 

Yeah it really doesn't add much. Unless you're a new player and you find out about bullet jumping this way, this challenge is nothing special. But as I noticed, this is kind of the goal though, most of the dailies can get completed without knowing there was a Nightwave act about them, so everyone earns standing passively and is able to get the creds for the 1st rank. At least I'm feeling this intention behind this. 

Edit: sure, there are people who aren't bullet jumping, and want this act change, but I hope everybody realizes they are a minority. This game has so many players at this point, it's literally impossible to please everybody. But this is why you don't need to complete every act to reach rank 30. 

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh
  • Like 1

On 2019-07-13 at 2:44 AM, DoTengri said:

Actually... I hope its not a joke.

I, too, think that 150 jumps is way over the top and a most annoying chore. The last few times this came up I was always doing the bunny-hop for extra 10 or 15 boring minutes to get rid of it.

Yeah, yeah, I know... play the game "properly" and you get it done.

No, I will not get it down that way. I hardly bullet jump, only if it is required to jump over a gap - which might happen once, twice, maybe three times on average per mission. I know, you are supposed to speed rush through missions, flashing past enemies without engaging everyone and stuff, never stop to loot boxes or smell the roses... and frankly I hate this. Everyone is always in a hurry in warframe and gets most annoyed if you dont arrive at extraction 30s after starting a mission... just slow down, you are not get paid per the minute here...

Bullet Jump gives you a 60% incoming dmg reduction, so this should be utilized for more than just skipping past enemies. Try bullet jumping in the middle of combat and you'll not only increase survivability but you'll also get the things that YOU want to do done more efficiently. This should be done within an hour, on defense missions at that.

В 13.07.2019 в 16:28, SirTobe сказал:

Well that's amongst the most stupid things I've seen, joke or not.

One does not simply take a single step in Warframe without bulletjumping. 

Theres no real need to bullet jump with void dash plus that form of bullet jumping required for challenge isnt the only one, as in there are other similar actions but they wont count. So you sometimes actually need to go out of your way doing it. 

Edited by -Temp0-

1 hour ago, -Temp0- said:

Theres no real need to bullet jump with void dash plus that form of bullet jumping require for challenge isnt the only one. So you some times actually need to go out of your way doing it. 

Good point. I use Void Dash a TON (thanks Zenurik for the extra range), so maybe that's why I don't complete it by playing normally.

Seriously, who Bullet Jumps everywhere when there's a much better Void Dash?

1 minute ago, AJman14 said:

Good point. I use Void Dash a TON (thanks Zenurik for the extra range), so maybe that's why I don't complete it by playing normally.

Seriously, who Bullet Jumps everywhere when there's a much better Void Dash?

embarrassed shame GIF by Originals

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I don't think anyone is really complaining but we are assessing how mundane doing 150 bullet jumps really is. It adds nothing engaging and is filler in the most obvious way. I think the point of the thread is simply how to improve the daily challenge and reducing the amount would make it far less tedious and something that you do naturally,

If you go back and read page 1, that clearly isn't the point of the thread and OP is clearly complaining. We can make it about game design and building engagement, but let's not pretend this thread began as anything but stupid.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Theres no real need to bullet jump with void dash plus that form of bullet jumping required for challenge isnt the only one, as in there are other similar actions but they wont count. So you sometimes actually need to go out of your way doing it. 

I disagree. Void dashing is great for open areas and fairly straight lines of traveling. I use it a lot for this as well, and also for making use of Magus Lockdown. But it's not effective at all in tight corridors and when there's a lot of crap in the environment to faceplant, which just takes away the flow you'll get from bulletjumping. And then there's also the occasional frustrating lag that often makes transference more or less unusable for popping in and out all the time, unless you just play solo of course. 

But anyway, considering most people like to just speed through missions I see no reason to why you couldn't just bulletjump your way through the map for one or two missions instead and be done with the act. It's really amazing how people are still complaining about these trivial things as if the goal is for DE to just give us all the NW rewards by tuning in.

I mean, first week of NW people complained about 1h Kuva Survival missions without lifesupport, and now a couple of months later we're on the level where people complain about having to jump? So sad.

On 2019-07-14 at 8:17 AM, OneYenShort said:

You realize most people don't do sorties?

Sorry I really had to chime in after this response. You do know one of this week NightWave requirement is to do one Sortie right?

Just sayin...

11 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I don't think anyone is really complaining but we are assessing how mundane doing 150 bullet jumps really is. It adds nothing engaging and is filler in the most obvious way. I think the point of the thread is simply how to improve the daily challenge and reducing the amount would make it far less tedious and something that you do naturally, like opening 20 lockers (and most of us find that too tedious to do unprompted anyway).

I don't know what to say to anyone who thinks bullet jumping is tedious. An hour of kuvival? Tomorrows challenge could be log in one time and someone will say: "not fair! I wasn't planning on logging in today and now I'm forced!".

DE can't win no matter what they do.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Void dash is limited by energy, by moving this way you're essentially imposing a stamina bar on yourself.  Never seen or heard of anyone void dashing everywhere.  Go operator (laggy in pub games), void dash until energy runs out, back to frame or wait for energy regen then repeat, doesn't sound like much fun.  Also less steering control with void dash.  Don't get me wrong, love void dashing situationally but it's not a means of efficient movement.  Maybe works for you if you pass through several enemies each time but hard to see how it could be sustained.

Edited by Invisibleaxeman
Also what SirTobe said.

1 hour ago, Menace said:

Sorry I really had to chime in after this response. You do know one of this week NightWave requirement is to do one Sortie right?

Just sayin...

Yes there is a "Challenge."  I fail to see a requirement to do it.

I also fail to see how having sorties as part of Nightwave once in a while still means that "most" aka greater than 50% of all players are doing sorties.
Now truly, that statement as well as mine is pure speculation with only DE able to really mine the data to determine.  However, I highly doubt that of the active players that most are doing sorties.  Now if you want to make your opinion that the vocal minority that are forum posters, that most of them are doing sorties?  That I'd be more inclined to agree with.

On 2019-07-13 at 12:02 AM, Voltage said:

You don't have to do 150 bullet jumps in a single mission. If you play a handful of missions, you will rack them up quickly. That daily challenge is good as it is.

I do 150 in most missions so it i sent like it is that hard

3 hours ago, OneYenShort said:

Yes there is a "Challenge."  I fail to see a requirement to do it.

I also fail to see how having sorties as part of Nightwave once in a while still means that "most" aka greater than 50% of all players are doing sorties.
Now truly, that statement as well as mine is pure speculation with only DE able to really mine the data to determine.  However, I highly doubt that of the active players that most are doing sorties.  Now if you want to make your opinion that the vocal minority that are forum posters, that most of them are doing sorties?  That I'd be more inclined to agree with.

I find the sequence of events extremely funny.

1. Someone suggests that you can complete the 100 bullet jumps while completing 1 sortie
  2. You say most people don't do sorties
  3. I point out that there's a sortie "Challenge" in this week Nightwave meaning you can get both done at the same time
  4. You missed the point I was trying to make

Carry on...

• Like 1

Dudes, I just noticed the new daily is deploy a glyph. Not only do I have to do something I wouldn't normally do, but I didn't even have a glyph on my gear wheel. That means those A******s are making me take TWO steps I wouldn't normally do for this daily. 

When will the madness end?

15 minutes ago, (PS4)death404 said:

Dudes, I just noticed the new daily is deploy a glyph. Not only do I have to do something I wouldn't normally do, but I didn't even have a glyph on my gear wheel. That means those A******s are making me take TWO steps I wouldn't normally do for this daily. 

When will the madness end?

At the uninstall prompt. 

• Like 3

On 2019-07-12 at 10:59 PM, (NSW)Fiftycentis said:

Well, just play some missions and you'll do it in the meanwhile, I see no reason to complete it that way

If you aren't always bullet jumping while normally playing the game, are you sure you're even playing anymore at this point?

Stop treating it like a chore and just....do. I accidentally breezed through the entirety of last week's AND this week's NW by playing the game as I normally did and still do since BEFORE NW was even a concept

On 2019-07-13 at 1:35 AM, KnossosTNC said:

Oh for crying out loud...

I get it, people have play styles. I've even seen a few people who hardly bullet jump and they do fine. Good for them. I'm not going to tell them how to play.

But this is a 1,000 Standing Daily. It's practically intended to be so easy and passive it's basically free Standing. Taking a fraction of a second to press crouch and jump every once in a while and having three days to do so is a "chore" that deserves such strong emotion as "hating?" Comparing pressing two buttons to Forma and gild acts; stuff that actually cost in-game resources and take actual time and effort to acquire?

Yeah, I give up. The internet was a mistake. Shut the whole thing down.

Also this, there should not be any excuse. Not to sound like an ass, but come on.